Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LOGIC iOS RUMOURS!/ NEW USB-C RUMOUR + Why JOBS did not let his kids use iPad!

Comments

• edited September 2018

@espiegel123 said:
    What @brambos said!

People that wish mobile music apps were more like desktop daws don't realize how much of the desktop experience is an evolution to take advantage of what is available to desktop hardware: external keyboards, multiple monitors or very large monitors. Lots and lots of RAM.

There is a lot of sloppy modality that has crept into DAWs and reliance on screen real estate.

If that's what one likes GREAT! But it doesn't adapt well to tablets and phones...on which other ways of working are available.

There is certainly room for improvement, but making mobile apps more like their desktop counterparts is, in my opinion, not the path that will lead to the best tools.

I would be over the moon with >1% of the features from my favorite desktop daw added to Cubasis. The odds of those very specific targeted features being added is highly improbable though. One day maybe something as robust as Reaper or Samplitude shows up which may make me happy but not because I will use all of it but just because the very specific features that I really do want may just come along in tow. Another way I look at it is if I could Frankenstein Auria Pro, Cubasis and Beatmaker 3 I would have exactly what I want and not even think of desktop. It doesn't seem technicaly impossible when I think about it but again, the odds of that specific Frankenstein of features showing up are highly unlikely.

• @espiegel123 said:
    What @brambos said!

People that wish mobile music apps were more like desktop daws don't realize how much of the desktop experience is an evolution to take advantage of what is available to desktop hardware: external keyboards, multiple monitors or very large monitors. Lots and lots of RAM.

There is a lot of sloppy modality that has crept into DAWs and reliance on screen real estate.

If that's what one likes GREAT! But it doesn't adapt well to tablets and phones...on which other ways of working are available.

There is certainly room for improvement, but making mobile apps more like their desktop counterparts is, in my opinion, not the path that will lead to the best tools.

Good points. In the early iPhone app days you saw apps that were especially made for the touch experiences. Nowadays you see more and more audio apps just copying desktop stuff and AU/ VST plugins. I personal think this is a bad development because GUIs should be based on touchscreen experience with iOS. Totally idiotic interfaces are for example done by the guys of ApeSoft. Their apps are really cool for the creative pov but everything is just too small... btw I have also problems with the whole DAW principical on iOS. I don't know what to call it but on the otherhand AUM is perfect for touchscreens.

• @espiegel123 said:
    What @brambos said!

Actually one of the reasons I bought a iPad for music was to escape my DAW experience and try out making music without any controllers while on the move. My iPad only has 2 gigs of ram 🐏.

• I’ll say it ... the g**e changer is NanoStudio. There. Make it so!

• @kinkujin said:
    I’ll say it ... the g**e changer is NanoStudio. There. Make it so!

I don’t see what’s so exciting about Nano Studio 2.

• Sorry to throw water on this cozy fire but I have yet to see any source outside this forum mentioning Logic and/or Final Cut iPad leaks. The link mentioned in this thread is just a forum post on this same forum, which links to an article that says nothing about Logic or Final Cut. I'd love to be proved wrong though...

• Well, @u0421793 has my vote for absolutely funniest poster on this forum! THIS! OMG, if my wife had your sense of humor I would be in heaven. Jajajaja! @AudioGus I am still laughing at that one. Incredible! Guys, thank you so much for giving me some much needed laughter at the absurdity of life. I knew this thread was based on some specious info, but I figured, what the heck, let's have a little party! As they say in AMWAY, you gotta have a dream! And you all did not let me down! Every angle, scrutinized, every shot, absorbed with good grace. I am proud of you all, though a little sheepish for having started this for my own selfish reasons. I do hope Apple will get behind iOS in a big way, but more I just wanted to bring the troops out for maneuvers. You are the greatest. Each and every one of you! Thank you so much for showing up! I hope I have not offended anyone. If so, I apologize!

• edited September 2018

I have mixed feelings about the potential of FCPX on iPad rumor, because although I'm a FCPX user... I'm nearly to the point where I prefer Lumafusion over FCPX. I know the Lumafusion team is small and worked their butts off to develop a professional level video editing program for iOS. For Apple to just swoop in and potentially take away much of their potential business... just seems wrong.

• edited September 2018

@obijohn you are so right! It is hot air. But who knows, something might just be in the works. Anyway, it is more fun than bemoaning the demise of the headphone jack for five pages. You gotta admit that.

• @Rich303 said:

@kinkujin said:

Well, for me it’s NanoStudio 1 (original recipe) that is so good that when I opened it for the first time (very recently) I was gobsmacked. Floored at how tight, efficient and easy. And fun. Then I learned that version 2 is around the corner. When that app comes out I’ll likely be in DAW heaven. It seems to be exactly what I’m looking for.

• edited September 2018

The bottom line is Apple are all in with music. That is never going to change and they have reiterated that many many times. iTunes and the iPod is in their dna. and they love providing the tools for musicians too. That’s also why they have packed out workshops for GarageBand and live music that integrates with mobile at all the major Apple retail stores. Regent street store in london always has a band or artist playing and demoing music software.

Exciting times ahead.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mAxjUlien it is interesting, no? I didn't start the rumor, just speculated on it! And to think, five months ago I didn't know what iOS meant! Hey, what does it mean?

• edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Rich303 said:

@kinkujin said:

That Obsidian synth basically. Also AU compatibility, and it seems it'll be the best app geared for a touchscreen interface. However, as I said, it may be considered somewhat of a gamechanger, just somewhat.

• I’m bracing myself for Logic Compact ... it’ll be one audio track, one effect (Tremolo with a fixed rate and depth) , no MIDI, black and white and the output will need to be unlocked as an IAP.

• But it’ll have full emoji support.

• edited September 2018

@universe said:
    The bottom line is Apple are all in with music. That is never going to change and they have reiterated that many many times. iTunes and the iPod is in their dna. and they love providing the tools for musicians too. That’s also why they have packed out workshops for GarageBand and live music that integrates with mobile at all the major Apple retail stores. Regent street store in london always has a band or artist playing and demoing music software.

Exciting times ahead.

How about if we all collaborate on a joint project, produce a music video praising iOS and welcoming the new iPad with all the desired features and apps (pipe-dream) and make it go - VIRAL??

Or at least a parody of missing Headphone jack, Home button, TouchID, etc?

• @MobileMusic said:

@universe said:

Exciting times ahead.

How about if we all collaborate on a joint project, produce a music video praising iOS and welcoming the new iPad with all the desired features and apps and make it go - VIRAL??

Or at least a parody of missing Headphone jack, Home button, TouchID, etc?

There could easily be a “would you rather” styled video regarding music production with iOS. Basic example: a juxtaposition of programming drums patterns in fl studio versus Patterning. Ya know, just show off how much more fun, and therefore inspiring and productive for music some of these GUIs really are. I mean how many desktop daws even have something we consider so basic such as scale lockable piano rolls/keyboard. Don’t you have to go through a bunch of extra steps for that usually ? Like in Ableton you have to draw in a scale and then fold it and FL studio the same. It’s like dude, I just wanna choose the scale and have it be done. Bit of a rant there, but you see what I’m saying.

• @aquasloth said:
    I also don't think Doug's secret app has anything to do with Apple -- seems if they were beta-testing an app or even new features for an app, they'd either do it in-house or get a celebrity involved.

Doug is a celebrity!

• @LinearLineman said:
    Well, @u0421793 has my vote for absolutely funniest poster on this forum! THIS! OMG, if my wife had your sense of humor I would be in heaven. Jajajaja! @AudioGus I am still laughing at that one. Incredible! Guys, thank you so much for giving me some much needed laughter at the absurdity of life. I knew this thread was based on some specious info, but I figured, what the heck, let's have a little party! As they say in AMWAY, you gotta have a dream! And you all did not let me down! Every angle, scrutinized, every shot, absorbed with good grace. I am proud of you all, though a little sheepish for having started this for my own selfish reasons. I do hope Apple will get behind iOS in a big way, but more I just wanted to bring the troops out for maneuvers. You are the greatest. Each and every one of you! Thank you so much for showing up! I hope I have not offended anyone. If so, I apologize!

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/28199/finally-ableton-app-for-ios

This was before but very few helped me to make it viral. I must have used LPX as hook...
    :trollface:

• edited September 2018

@qryss said:
    But it’ll have full emoji support.

Best entry! Haha
    Source? 👊🏼😂

• @qryss said:
    But it’ll have full emoji support.

Emojis are no fun without the (cough) revolutionary technological breakthroughs - Memojis and TONGUE DETECTION :neutral:

• edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wow thats 15mins of my life I’ll never get back

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Rich303 said:

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

• @dendy said:

@Rich303 said:

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

i also agree, nano studio 1 and the impending sequel are not that interesting to me either. to each their own.

• this is such a typical rumor forum as there is zero concrete evidence that anything actually is happening.

• @RedSkyLullaby said:
    Wow thats 15mins of my life I’ll never get back

Fastreader :)