Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LOGIC iOS RUMOURS!/ NEW USB-C RUMOUR + Why JOBS did not let his kids use iPad!

edited September 2018 in Other

The new iPad Pro thread has revealed possible iOS versions of Logic and Final Cut Pro. Wow! Dang! And Gee whillikers!! That would be so intense. The only other clue I have is Doug's @thesoundtestroom NDA that he has beta tested something really big.
I am not a desktop person but I checked out Logic for the first time. It does seem awesome for taking the leap to professional production... and now, possibly on a 4 gig iPad? That should be worth a few sage remarks here.

More importantly ( if something could be more important to iOS producers), would it mean that Apple is boosting its commitment to iOS as a viable music making platform? It would reverse a lot of people's opinions re the future. Perhaps just the thing for a dramatic user shift. Your thoughts, and, again, this seems perfectly speculative at least till September 12.

And here is another rumor... USB-C knocks out lightning port and a posthumous message from Steve...

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/9/10/17841152/apple-ipad-pro-2018-usb-c-lightning-charger-rumor

Comments

• edited September 2018

Insert links here...

• Can’t find any details anywhere online tried a Google translate to Chinese the works inside twitter and google. We need evidence first ?

• Wow, a lot of assumptions here.

• @AudioGus said:
    Insert links here...

Agreeed, I do however predict a highly souped up Garageband with many of the currently missing pieces added :)
    (You know AUv3 Midi Effects, Support for Pro-Q 2, editing of recorded automation data etc. etc.).

About this time next Wednesday we'll all know more :D

• @Samu said:

@AudioGus said:
    Insert links here...

Agreeed, I do however predict a highly souped up Garageband with many of the currently missing pieces added :)
    (You know AUv3 Midi Effects, Support for Pro-Q 2, editing of recorded automation data etc. etc.).

About this time next Wednesday we'll all know more :D

Now that would be awesome!

• Weird thing is that they remove the 3.5mm plug. Which they kept on the Macbook Pro with the argument that the 3.5mm input is Pro.

On the other hand that Doug @thesoundtestroom is not replying to the possible introduction of Logic Pro next week, looks like proof that it is true, else he could of course simply deny :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:

@LinearLineman said:
    The new iPad Pro thread has revealed possible iOS versions of Logic and Final Cut Pro. Wow! Dang! And Gee whillikers!! That would be so intense. The only other clue I have is Doug's @thesoundtestroom NDA that he has beta tested something really big.
    I am not a desktop person but I checked out Logic for the first time. It does seem awesome for taking the leap to professional production... and now, possibly on a 4 gig iPad? That should be worth a few sage remarks here.

More importantly ( if something could be more important to iOS producers), would it mean that Apple is boosting its commitment to iOS as a viable music making platform? It would reverse a lot of people's opinions re the future. Perhaps just the thing for a dramatic user shift. Your thoughts, and, again, this seems perfectly speculative at least till September 12.

‘If’ it’s true then it’d be good news for logic users. Flip projects between platforms easy.

But unless it’s a ‘full’ version of Logic it’d just feel like another iOS half-step imho and not something I’d buy in to. Cubasis is ‘ok’ but still far from Its desktop cousin..I find beatmaker way more fun/flexible. Guess we’ll see though, considering that Surface Go can possibly run full ableton/bitwig/reaper etc with some plugins (waiting for reviews...) then maybe Apple need to make ‘some’ kind of move...

Not to be Donny Doubter but my money would be on iOS half step if anything. An upsell vehicle to a Mac. I could imagine Apple thinking 'kids would start in Logic on iPad then naturally want a Mac' sort of thinking.

• Tis fun to consider but more fun for me is the BM3 -> Desktop visions...

• Almost certainly wishful thinking, but I found this line incredibly beautiful to my ears:

"Also I read on twitter that the iPhone Xs 6.5 would support iPad apps."

• @mannix said:
    Weird thing is that they remove the 3.5mm plug. Which they kept on the Macbook Pro with the argument that the 3.5mm input is Pro

For removing headphone jack in iPhone it was to make it waterproof and also sell more EarPods. iPad doesn’t need to be waterproof like the mobile iPhone and in this case it is only to sell more EarPods.

• Well, it is interesting that the price of a new Pro and Mac Air are coming closer and closer. I have no experience of desktop production, but I might like to try it @AudioGus. So if I am Apple's mark I am the youngest geriatric in town. If the difference is $500 or so I might just swing that way... but the fun factor seems to disappear rather quickly.

Love dose liddle mousies
    Mousies what I lub to eat.
    Bite dey liddle heads off
    Nibble on dey tiny feet!

Gary Larsen, I think.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @LinearLineman said:
    Well, it is interesting that the price of a new Pro and Mac Air are coming closer and closer. I have no experience of desktop production, but I might like to try it @AudioGus. So if I am Apple's mark I am the youngest geriatric in town. If the difference is $500 or so I might just swing that way... but the fun factor seems to disappear rather quickly.

Love dose liddle mousies
    Mousies what I lub to eat.
    Bite dey liddle heads off
    Nibble on dey tiny feet!

Gary Larsen, I think.

This is as close to desktop at home that I can bare anymore. (not my specific bed/stand ;) )

• It wouldn't be unlike Apple to give Logic/iOS away for free in order to boost iPad Pro sales :)

• @AudioGus that is pretty anthropomorphic looking. Any chance for binary sex?

• @rs2000 if 4 gigs are the requirement then a lot of users might take the leap.

• @AudioGus said:
    Tis fun to consider but more fun for me is the BM3 -> Desktop visions...

Sheesh, more fun would be a BM3 update. Actually, no, more fun would be NanoStudio 2 release, then BM3 release so that I might consider which one to spend my extremely limited time on.

I'm turning into one of those people ... sorry.

• edited September 2018

@rs2000 said:
    It wouldn't be unlike Apple to give Logic/iOS away for free in order to boost iPad Pro sales :)

They may charge up to $20-$50 if those apps come with all the desktop app features. iLife, iMovie and Gb apps were not free initially.

• Off topic I heard something big coming from NI in regards to Traktor this week. Big news for all the DJs out there.

• @kinkujin said:

@AudioGus said:
    Tis fun to consider but more fun for me is the BM3 -> Desktop visions...

Sheesh, more fun would be a BM3 update. Actually, no, more fun would be NanoStudio 2 release, then BM3 release so that I might consider which one to spend my extremely limited time on.

I'm turning into one of those people ... sorry.

Aww, its OK. I get it. It is like a big box of mystery at this point. I expect some things, fear some things etc...

• Bummer we have so many apps already that we cannot decide which one to use so we have to wait until there comes the new monster app that does away with all this misery ;)

• Logic, Nanostudio 2, Native Instruments something, BeatMaker 3 updates, I can’t wait.

But one thing Apple, don’t make iPad apps compatible with the 6.5” new phone. If you do I’ll have to buy one to use Electribe Wave!

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Off topic I heard something big coming from NI in regards to Traktor this week. Big news for all the DJs out there.

It's unclear what Traktor could do to get more interesting. Traktor with 4 decks on iOS? Get the impression lost the battle to Serato

• It would be amazing to get Logic on the iPad - or at least Garageband Pro.

So frustrating that you're tied into GarageBand's built in sounds and cannot send MIDI to other synths or your hardware :neutral:

• "Hello" - the historic first word from the new $1500 iPad Pro which then plays a composition created during the demo that becomes an iTunes Hit in 15 minutes using code downloaded to all the installed Apple products running around the world that can now evaluate iTune Music using a new version of iTunes and
    the new iTunes Music Hit iPad EP.

All royalties generated from this iTunes Hit EP will be assigned to the lucky owner of Serial Number #123456789ABCDEF. If you're new iPad also creates a Hit you will get royalties to in a Program called the iTunes Lotto. This is all a part of the new Apple Fantasy Music League where anyone can become a Recording Artist just by owning the new iPad. This is AR and not VR. Just like in the real world "talent" will not be the essential element of a successful career. "Luck" is the essential determining factor.

• @ricksteruk said:
    It would be amazing to get Logic on the iPad - or at least Garageband Pro.

So frustrating that you're tied into GarageBand's built in sounds and cannot send MIDI to other synths or your hardware :neutral:

?!?
    Maybe I misunderstand something, but I can use my IOS instruments in GarageBand. Both AU and IAA instruments... 😎

• edited September 2018

@chandroji said:

@ricksteruk said:
    It would be amazing to get Logic on the iPad - or at least Garageband Pro.

?!?
    Maybe I misunderstand something, but I can use my IOS instruments in GarageBand. Both AU and IAA instruments... 😎

Yeah sure you can plug virtual instruments into GarageBand - but you cannot get at the MIDI