Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LOGIC iOS RUMOURS!/ NEW USB-C RUMOUR + Why JOBS did not let his kids use iPad!

Comments

• @robosardine said:
    Maybe Logic Compact?...... how does that sound to you?😛

😂 Beautiful.

If they add a mixer & midi fx & automation loveliness etc to GarageBand I’ll be very happy. It’s already great, so underrated.

• The best part of LPX coming to iOS will be Mainstage coming too.

• edited September 2018

@brambos said:

@u0421793 said:

@brambos said:

An iPad != Desktop …

Actually, I wouldn’t agree that they’re equal or equivalent. The fact that I can’t freely move something made in one app into any other app that uses the same type of thing – on the same machine – makes iOS far inferior to a laptop OS unless you stick to only using one app, like angry birds or something. I’m increasingly discovering that it wasn’t just Gadget audio into Auria Pro that can’t be done, there’s a dismaying array of apps that can’t inter operate with media created in another app on the same machine, when they clearly should be able to. If it is audio, any app capable of using audio must be able to accept audio freely and easily. If it is midi, the same. If it is pixel graphics, there’s no excuse for any graphics app to be able to read any others work. If it is vector graphics, they need to get their act together to allow inter operation, after all, there’s only a few ways to describe vector art, so it shouldn’t be impossible to interchange accurately. I expect any app that works with a certain type of work to be able to freely take it from any other app or give to any other app, without making it difficult to pass it on to another app. Going outside the iOS machine – halfway round the world through an independent proprietary cloud system – is unacceptable. It must work in an easy and not frustrating way. A laptop or desktop doesn’t have stupid arbitrary limitations like that, so an iPad mustn’t either. Hence, I disagree.

We agree. “!=“ means “is not equal to” :)

Really? Since when? I was taught at school that = meant equals.

Also, there’s a mistyped exclamation mark in there – obviously, grammatically it can only come at the end of the sentence. In recent decades, since the internet in fact, I’ve noticed a lot of people just allowing mistyped exclamation marks in the middle of sentences like that. It was irritating at first, now I just ignore it. It’s like when people just in the middle of a thread and for no apparent reason simply say the word “this”. It’s meaningless, and irritated the fuck out of me for a long time. Also, in recent years I’ve noticed a prevalence of idiots responding to threads all over the place (not necessarily here) replying to a person called ‘Jajaja’, but there’s no such person anywhere else on the thread, so they can fuck off, meaningless cretins. If it happens over and over and over like that, it just really pisses me off.

• I can't really see Logic coming to the iPad with Garageband iOS receiving miniscule updates on an annual basis. It took long enough for Apple to implement a simple EQ system in the track settings (a treble slider and a bass slider), and there's countless other features that could have been implemented several years ago but haven't (e.g., a master track, tempo change, pan automation, drum kit with user-installed sample slots, MIDI out, etc.). For Apple to suddenly unleash even a stripped-down Logic to the iPad would kind of call into question what they had been spending all their time on ("We know you want to do this, this, this, this, and this, but rather than add those features to an app we're already working on, we made a whole new app that still won't do everything the desktop version will do!")
    Especially in the case of Final Cut coming to the iPad, when iMovie for iOS is so unbelievably limited Apple should be embarrassed! iMovie has barely been updated in years (only for OS compatibility, bug fixes, etc.) and, again, easily implemented features that could have been added years ago remain to be added.

I'm looking forward to fall updates for both of these apps in tandem with a new iOS release and new iPad Pros, but I'm not holding my breath for anything spectacular. I would, however, like to be surprised. :)

I also don't think Doug's secret app has anything to do with Apple -- seems if they were beta-testing an app or even new features for an app, they'd either do it in-house or get a celebrity involved.

• edited September 2018

@u0421793 basically in almost every programming language "!=" means "not equal".. if you see somebody use it, he is most probably dev - which is very likely on this forum ;-) Which exactly Bram's case :-))

• Universal Audio teased this yesterday. Is it connected?

• @aquasloth said:
    I can't really see Logic coming to the iPad with Garageband iOS receiving miniscule updates on an annual basis. It took long enough for Apple to implement a simple EQ system in the track settings (a treble slider and a bass slider), and there's countless other features that could have been implemented several years ago but haven't (e.g., a master track, tempo change, pan automation, drum kit with user-installed sample slots, MIDI out, etc.). For Apple to suddenly unleash even a stripped-down Logic to the iPad would kind of call into question what they had been spending all their time on ("We know you want to do this, this, this, this, and this, but rather than add those features to an app we're already working on, we made a whole new app that still won't do everything the desktop version will do!")
    Especially in the case of Final Cut coming to the iPad, when iMovie for iOS is so unbelievably limited Apple should be embarrassed! iMovie has barely been updated in years (only for OS compatibility, bug fixes, etc.) and, again, easily implemented features that could have been added years ago remain to be added.

I'm looking forward to fall updates for both of these apps in tandem with a new iOS release and new iPad Pros, but I'm not holding my breath for anything spectacular. I would, however, like to be surprised. :)

I also don't think Doug's secret app has anything to do with Apple -- seems if they were beta-testing an app or even new features for an app, they'd either do it in-house or get a celebrity involved.

But is silence for Doug not just confirming that LPX is the thing we're talking about. Gamechanger or not if LPX on iOS will happen it's probably the end for lot of DAWs.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @mrcanister Friends at last!

for sure, man.
    those of us without faith still have hope and a belief in each other

• @Dawdles said:

@hansjbs said:

@brambos said:
    Nope, not what I said. I said that if you need every feature you have on desktop, you won't ever get it on iOS. Comparing the two and complaining about "what's missing" is a fallacy, because it implies that iOS moves towards becoming identical to desktop. It's not. It is its own thing.

Hence, if you need the desktop experience in order to make music, you'll only find it on a desktop/laptop. iOS is moving in a different/parallel direction, but it's not converging. It can't, because so many things about how/where/when/why we use it are fundamentally different.

I agree. I don't get why some feel like the ios apps should be exactly like their desktop counter part. The whole beauty of IOS is how different it is from desktop.

Missing the point. Say there are two identical daws, except one has take lanes and user fx chains, one doesn’t. The one without isn’t ‘different’, it’s just worse..

Which would you prefer came in to existence, given the choice?

It’s not even worth arguing about...

Actually I think you missed the point. Not saying I don’t want desktop feature, I do but wanting something like cubasis to be more like Cubase is not likely since Cubase started way before touch screen came alive. So they will not be the same, matter of fact any desktop app that are not touchscreen friendly will not be like the iOS version. Everything iOS is based on touch. Do I want more desktop features on certain apps to be available on desktop, hell yeah. Apple still don’t have any touch screens on MacBook and iMac so until that happens they won’t be the same. Also iOS is limited compare to desktop OS so we can’t really blame developers, they’re working with what they have.

• If they souped up Garageband the same notch they did before “The taiko drums update”, we’d all be pretty happy .
    I think Logic Pro is also due for a re-do.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Universal Audio teased this yesterday. Is it connected?

Interesting new iOS audio connection hardware coming? Let's be clear the upcoming Apple event is all about iOS devices so no reason to tease with MacOS stuff right now. The chance that we'll likely see LPX next week. And if Apple really to manage this the right way this probably will mean a revolution in the world of audio as we know it.

• @dendy said:
    @u0421793 basically in almost every programming language "!=" means "not equal".. if you see somebody use it, he is most probably dev - which is very likely on this forum ;-) Which exactly Bram's case :-))

Haha, I think you must be new to @u0421793

• @LinearLineman said:
    @lukesleepwalker. Fair enough. Let's hear a better phrase from you. Does it really matter? How about ice cream... that's kind of worn out, too. In Turkish its dondurma... mmm sounds much sexier!😘

Sure, I'm down with dondurma. Whatever floats your boat!

• edited September 2018

@u0421793 said:

@brambos said:

@u0421793 said:

@brambos said:

An iPad != Desktop …

Actually, I wouldn’t agree that they’re equal or equivalent. The fact that I can’t freely move something made in one app into any other app that uses the same type of thing – on the same machine – makes iOS far inferior to a laptop OS unless you stick to only using one app, like angry birds or something. I’m increasingly discovering that it wasn’t just Gadget audio into Auria Pro that can’t be done, there’s a dismaying array of apps that can’t inter operate with media created in another app on the same machine, when they clearly should be able to. If it is audio, any app capable of using audio must be able to accept audio freely and easily. If it is midi, the same. If it is pixel graphics, there’s no excuse for any graphics app to be able to read any others work. If it is vector graphics, they need to get their act together to allow inter operation, after all, there’s only a few ways to describe vector art, so it shouldn’t be impossible to interchange accurately. I expect any app that works with a certain type of work to be able to freely take it from any other app or give to any other app, without making it difficult to pass it on to another app. Going outside the iOS machine – halfway round the world through an independent proprietary cloud system – is unacceptable. It must work in an easy and not frustrating way. A laptop or desktop doesn’t have stupid arbitrary limitations like that, so an iPad mustn’t either. Hence, I disagree.

Also, there’s a mistyped exclamation mark in there – obviously, grammatically it can only come at the end of the sentence. In recent decades, since the internet in fact, I’ve noticed a lot of people just allowing mistyped exclamation marks in the middle of sentences like that. It was irritating at first, now I just ignore it. It’s like when people just in the middle of a thread and for no apparent reason simply say the word “this”. It’s meaningless, and irritated the fuck out of me for a long time. Also, in recent years I’ve noticed a prevalence of idiots responding to threads all over the place (not necessarily here) replying to a person called ‘Jajaja’, but there’s no such person anywhere else on the thread, so they can fuck off, meaningless cretins. If it happens over and over and over like that, it just really pisses me off.

He did not say We agree. “=“ means “is not equal to”. He said We agree. “!=“ means “is not equal to” and the ! is not misplayed.

! is equals to not. Hence != is equal to not equals to.

"Since when?: Since probably the C programming language ~1978. It comes from the maths symbol ≠.

• The only thing that would change the game for me is if both Korg and @jimpavloff came out with new Kaossilator styled workstations as they have done with the Electribe, then my game would be changed, dunno bout anyone else. But Logic? Don’t care. Most daws are the same to me, I don’t use 90% of the crap in there and it gets in the way of the stuff I do want to use. Didn’t come here for the daws, haven’t stayed for the daws. I come here for the clever shit.

• @dendy said:
    you all are too much fixed on LPX iOS... it wouldn't make much sense in Apple portfolio in my opinion. Upgraded GB iOS version very likely, LPX i'm in doubt...

The "THING" which was Doug reffering can be anything from this list :

• Beatmaker 3 iPhone version
    • Nanostudio 2
    • Mini DAW which @giku_beepstreet mentioned he is working on long time ago
    • Ableton iOS
    • Some massive Cubasis update
    • Some massive Gadget update with re-thinked linear sequencer
    • something completely different like Serum, Massive, Sylent or other iconic desktop synth ported to iOS

Or (most probably) something what is nobody expecting..

Don't get too fixed to LPX iOS instead there is high chance you'll ne dissapointed at the end ;-)

Of all the above, Drambo seems most likely. The others all sound like fairy tales.

• edited September 2018

@aquasloth said:
    I can't really see Logic coming to the iPad with Garageband iOS receiving miniscule updates on an annual basis.

Miniscule updates? Really??

• Alchemy
    • Beat Sequencer
    • Drummer
    • DJ-style Live Loops with FX
    • Sound Library
    • Effects
    • Loops (thousands)
    • Multi-Take Recording
    • Multi-Track Recording
    • Jam Session
    • Etc.

there's countless other features that could have been implemented several years ago but haven't (e.g., a master track...

Master Track should be there behind the scenes - it's just not exposed in the UI to keep it simple for layman/non-pro/kid/teen users.

I wish they added keyboard/instrument animations in playback mode :neutral:

• ok... what is so special with Logic .. ?

• @RajahP said:
    ok... what is so special with Logic .. ?

Nothing, it's just a very good DAW. But a real DAW coming to iOS is special ;)

• edited September 2018

Does anybody have a real link with the alleged info about this “ rumor”?

• edited September 2018

@u0421793 said:

@brambos said:

@u0421793 said:

@brambos said:

An iPad != Desktop …

Also, there’s a mistyped exclamation mark in there – obviously, grammatically it can only come at the end of the sentence. In recent decades, since the internet in fact, I’ve noticed a lot of people just allowing mistyped exclamation marks in the middle of sentences like that. It was irritating at first, now I just ignore it. It’s like when people just in the middle of a thread and for no apparent reason simply say the word “this”. It’s meaningless, and irritated the fuck out of me for a long time.

THIS :smiley:

In programming languages != means "not equal to"
    ! is a negation operator.

• edited September 2018

@oat_phipps said:

@dendy said:

Haha, I think you must be new to @u0421793

Yeah, I did not see the username before hitting the Post Comment button in another comment - it was a malicious trap and it worked :neutral:

• @Rodolfo said:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/28340/logic-ios-rumors-is-this-the-game-changer/p1

• I remember when this thread was about logic...... 😂

• @AudioGus said:

@Rodolfo said:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/28340/logic-ios-rumors-is-this-the-game-changer/p1

This is just another AB thread with a link that doesn’t mention Logic at all...

• @Rodolfo said:

@AudioGus said:

@Rodolfo said:

Actually it is this very thread and I am being an ass.

• @AudioGus said:

@Rodolfo said:

@AudioGus said:

@Rodolfo said:

😀

• @AudioGus said:

@Rodolfo said:

@AudioGus said:

@Rodolfo said:

😂

• What @brambos said!

People that wish mobile music apps were more like desktop daws don't realize how much of the desktop experience is an evolution to take advantage of what is available to desktop hardware: external keyboards, multiple monitors or very large monitors. Lots and lots of RAM.

There is a lot of sloppy modality that has crept into DAWs and reliance on screen real estate.

If that's what one likes GREAT! But it doesn't adapt well to tablets and phones...on which other ways of working are available.

There is certainly room for improvement, but making mobile apps more like their desktop counterparts is, in my opinion, not the path that will lead to the best tools.

• edited September 2018

All these rumor threads usually lead to something underwhelming. People talk about “game changers” and all this bullshit like it’s the best thing since sliced bread. I’m guessing it’s some new feature in iOS 12 that half of us won’t even care about.