Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LOGIC iOS RUMOURS!/ NEW USB-C RUMOUR + Why JOBS did not let his kids use iPad!

Comments

• Why is there a logic rumours thread without rumours inside

• @david_2017 said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:
    Wow thats 15mins of my life I’ll never get back

Fastreader :)

:D :D :D :D

• edited September 2018

@u0421793 said:

app. Going outside the iOS machine – halfway round the world through an >>independent proprietary cloud system – is unacceptable. It must work in an easy and >>not frustrating way. A laptop or desktop doesn’t have stupid arbitrary limitations like >>that, so an iPad mustn’t either. Hence, I disagree.

What I particularly love is that, after going through five apps and two cloud services to transfer a file, you have to go back and clean up the extra copy (or multiple copies, if you've trimmed or normalised) of that 1.2gb sample which each app and service has accumulated.

• @mannix said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Universal Audio teased this yesterday. Is it connected?

Interesting new iOS audio connection hardware coming? Let's be clear the upcoming Apple event is all about iOS devices so no reason to tease with MacOS stuff right now. The chance that we'll likely see LPX next week. And if Apple really to manage this the right way this probably will mean a revolution in the world of audio as we know it.

There is this mystery connection, button, port supposedly reported on the new iPad wouldn’t it be great if it was a dedicated audio port and UA have built a interface for it because Apple want top notch audio for the up and coming Logic Pro X release for iOS.

• edited September 2018

There are those who take this seriously, there are those who don't. There are those who criticize, there are those who praise.
    There are those who claim to have lost fifteen minutes of their precious life but can't stop reading and waste more time commenting about it. There are those who see everything humorously, there are those who are embittered and must condemn. There are the ultraserious audiophiles and the frivolous funloving loopsters. There are visionaries and Luddites. There are those who eat kosher and those who eat halal and those who eat swine and crawfish. There are generous souls and the needy who need them. There are those who remain on the sidelines. There are those who are above it all. There are smirkers and shirkers and smashers to smithereeners and singers and dancers and fiddlers three. There are loners and lurkers and layabout losers. There are pillars and builders and caring feather smoothers. There are somebody's and nobody's and is there anybody out there bodies. There are the 60 trackers and the one tracked minders.
    There is everything and nothing, all because of an unfounded rumor.

@mAxjUlien you get it. The beautiful ridiculousness of it all. Climb aboard, but fair warning, the boat is slowly sinking and the rations won't last,

By rights I should have posted this Off Topic. A little experiment in group dynamics that could only stay equanimous on this blessed forum. A sign post up ahead, the boundary between good and evil... the Audiobus Zone!

• This will be epic! So excited for next Wednesday.... who needs sources anyway in this time! Long live Logic compact iOS edition!!!

• edited September 2018

ok, maybe secret which is Doug's testing is simply this :smile:

@david_2017 said:
    This will be epic! So excited for next Wednesday.... who needs sources anyway in this time! Long live Logic compact iOS edition!!!

Hope it will be little bit less "compact" than Reason Compact. Which is too much compact. :-D

• edited September 2018

@yonhorizon said:
    Why is there a logic rumours thread without rumours inside

Are you asking about logic rumours? Logic says rumours are lies in essence so inside there is only pure evil ?

There are rumours inside this topic, in fact I posted the rumour about Ableton going iOS as paradigm shifter game changer epic wow with sources.

In fact the sources are the same trusty ones like this.

:trollface: trusty the simpson’s clown

• edited September 2018

@dendy said:
    ok, maybe secret which is Doug's testing is simply this :smile:

No NDA needed though

• @MobileMusic said:

@universe said:
    The bottom line is Apple are all in with music. That is never going to change and they have reiterated that many many times. iTunes and the iPod is in their dna. and they love providing the tools for musicians too. That’s also why they have packed out workshops for GarageBand and live music that integrates with mobile at all the major Apple retail stores. Regent street store in london always has a band or artist playing and demoing music software.

Exciting times ahead.

How about if we all collaborate on a joint project, produce a music video praising iOS and welcoming the new iPad with all the desired features and apps (pipe-dream) and make it go - VIRAL??

That's what I was considering about a week ago.
    I've done a few UI designs for iOS DAW apps, but never done one in the public.
    I love the idea though!
    Lots of UI and feature discussions could be done before even getting on the nerves of an iOS developer.
    I would go even one step further:
    Make the development process a joint effort too.
    Sometimes it hurts to watch how much time and effort individual developers have to spend just to solve the same common problems.

Or at least a parody of missing Headphone jack, Home button, TouchID, etc?

If the group of iPad musicians gets strong enough, we might have an influence at least for the iPad designers at Apple. They're made for people in the end.
    And while Bluetooth-only is somewhat understandable for a water-proof phone, sitting on the couch or in the garden for hours without the BT headphones battery breaking down is highly unlikely.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:

@LinearLineman said:
    There are those who take this seriously, there are those who don't. There are those who criticize, there are those who praise.
    There are those who claim to have lost fifteen minutes of their precious life but can't stop reading and waste more time commenting about it. There are those who see everything humorously, there are those who are embittered and must condemn. There are the ultraserious audiophiles and the frivolous funloving loopsters. There are visionaries and Luddites. There are those who eat kosher and those who eat halal and those who eat swine and crawfish. There are generous souls and the needy who need them. There are those who remain on the sidelines. There are those who are above it all. There are smirkers and shirkers and smashers to smithereeners and singers and dancers and fiddlers three. There are loners and lurkers and layabout losers. There are pillars and builders and caring feather smoothers. There are somebody's and nobody's and is there anybody out there bodies. There are the 60 trackers and the one tracked minders.
    There is everything and nothing, all because of an unfounded rumor.

@mAxjUlien you get it. The beautiful ridiculousness of it all. Climb aboard, but fair warning, the boat is slowly sinking and the rations won't last,

By rights I should have posted this Off Topic. A little experiment in group dynamics that could only stay equanimous on this blessed forum. A sign post up ahead, the boundary between good and evil... the Audiobus Zone!

I like this post. Nice writing :)

Missing one point. Those who make money of all the types mentioned. And let's be honest ie sites as macrumors.com are doing very well :)

• There are smirkers and shirkers and smashers to smithereeners and singers and dancers and fiddlers three.

HAHAHA!! @LinearLineman

• @LinearLineman said:

Love dose liddle mousies
    Mousies what I lub to eat.
    Bite dey liddle heads off
    Nibble on dey tiny feet!

Gary Larsen, I think.

B. Kliban. Similar but earlier with more cats.

• edited September 2018

I doubt we see iOS Logic anytime soon. If they do it, it will be of course a stripped down version (which is O.K. for iOS) since you see that a lot Logic tools are not updated with new GUI´s.
    However, there are a lot tools within Logic which are updated and the GUI´s looks like they would be perfect for a touch screen as well.
    But be careful what you wish for. Even a stripped down version of Logic with the "main" instruments, FX, synths, sampler etc. could easy replace ALL my iOS apps. Maybe some Moog apps would stay.
    But as long as Garage Band for mac is still much more advanced as the iOS version it is all wishful thinking.
    But since we are at wishful thinking i would be happy to have a few of these tools on iOS and i would try again to use an iPad then ;)
    https://www.apple.com/de/logic-pro/plugins-and-sounds/
    Oh and not forget it would be the first DAW on iOS which really supports MPE recording.

• What's the next rumour :D :D

• @hansjbs said:
    What's the next rumour :D :D

My new music shed is turning me into a hippy!

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@hansjbs said:

Can we get a link to that?

• @hansjbs said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@hansjbs said:

Not any link that has any substance to it ;)

• @hansjbs said:

Read somewhere the new iPhone with largest screen will run iPad apps. Could even be true if you think resolution is more or less same is iPad. In any case this would be an enormous selling point of the phone that probably will be something like $1200 or more more.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@hansjbs said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@hansjbs said:

Not any link that has any substance to it ;)

:D

• @mannix said:

@hansjbs said:

Read somewhere the new iPhone with largest screen will run iPad apps. Could even be true if you think resolution is more or less same is iPad. In any case this would be an enormous selling point of the phone that probably will be something like $1200 or more more.

Heard about that one already. Thanks

• @mAxjUlien said:

@mannix said:

@hansjbs said:

This rumor has legs. I’ve also read about it from multiple reputable sources but I was too lazy to track down the links before posting.

I just upgraded to 8plus a few months ago but I’ll chuck it to grab the Xs Plus if need be. I’ve been looking for this since the first Plus size was announced.

So let me get this right before I repost it as gossip on another forum - the new iPhone will have legs?!?! ;)

• @mAxjUlien said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

So let me get this right before I repost it as gossip on another forum - the new iPhone will have legs?!?! ;)

Jeeeeez man. Do you know how painful piping hot coffee feels when you laugh it through your nostrils?!

It’s bound to be a runaway success ;)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@mAxjUlien said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Jeeeeez man. Do you know how painful piping hot coffee feels when you laugh it through your nostrils?!

Imagine the ‘phone walk home’ app!

• @mAxjUlien said:
    @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@mAxjUlien said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Imagine the ‘phone walk home’ app!

I hear it’s a setting in Find my IPhone...

You tap IPhone Find My Ass.

New fitness app for the lazy - the phone runs for you!

You will have to buy the new iSocks, iShoes and iFootCare.

Legs only guaranteed for one year - personally I will wait for the second gen legs!