Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Finally Ableton app for iOS (not really)

edited September 29 in Off-topic

I supose is the game changer so testing the waters with all of nda forum users to see if someone makes a mistake a show us some pics or whatever...

:trollface:

«134

Comments

  • Waited so long for that....

  • We’ll get Ableton Compact instead... 😬

  • @gusgranite said:
    We’ll get Ableton Compact instead... 😬

    Ahahahaha

  • & today is Ableton sale with 25% off

  • @studs1966 said:
    & today is Ableton sale with 25% off

    Last day of sale I meant.

  • @Dubbylabby said:
    I supose is the game changer so testing the waters with all of nda forum users to see if someone makes a mistake a show us some pics or whatever...

    :trollface:

    is this an (early/late) april fool, or is there any evidence of this? ;)

  • @YannisHatzi said:

    @gusgranite said:
    We’ll get Ableton Compact instead... 😬

    Ahahahaha

    Lol !

  • @Dubbylabby said:
    I supose is the game changer so testing the waters with all of nda forum users to see if someone makes a mistake a show us some pics or whatever...

    :trollface:

    Just create fake account and tell us all You know ;)

  • edited August 2018

    I guess I can spill the beans on this one now, it’s been long enough. To start with, you’ll see that it’s en entirely new paradigm for music making on iOS devices. Unlike most apps that require you to use only your fingers for data entry, we’ve gone one further and require two iOS devices so you can use your feet for short cuts. We call it the Ableton Toe Jam system. Stayed tuned for more info in the coming days!

  • @Tarekith said:
    I guess I can spill the beans on this one now, it’s been long enough. To start with, you’ll see that it’s en entirely new paradigm for music making on iOS devices. Unlike most apps that require you to use only your fingers for data entry, we’ve gone one further and require two iOS devices so you can use your feet for short cuts. We call it the Ableton Toe Jam system. Stayed tuned for more info in the coming days!

    Sounds awesome I'll give this one a tacit thumbs and big toes up.

  • edited August 2018

    Actually your big toe needs to be down for the system to work, but I think that will be pretty apparent once we release the usage diagrams to make this more clear.

  • edited August 2018

    @Tarekith
    a year ago there was this interview
    their were talking about taking it to new platforms and kept it vage.
    im still not sure if Gerhard was talking about iOS or hardware aka push standalone
    we'll see
    https://cdm.link/2017/06/conversation-david-zicarelli-gerhard-behles/
    and Robert is saying all these confusing things about computers are on the way out for music production
    maybe im overinterpreting things but im not sure what is going on behind the curtain

  • Well Reason showed their hand today so we probably know their iOS future in a hybrid beatbox system. Nothing concrete from Ableton apart from rumours they are taking on iOS devs last winter. One to look out for I think is Native Instruments something tells me their the ghost in the iOS closet.

  • edited August 2018

    @Max23 said:

    maybe im overinterpreting things but im not sure what is going on behind the curtain

    We keep the curtain closed for a reason 😉

    No pun intended.

  • @Jumpercollins said:
    Well Reason showed their hand today so we probably know their iOS future in a hybrid beatbox system. Nothing concrete from Ableton apart from rumours they are taking on iOS devs last winter. One to look out for I think is Native Instruments something tells me their the ghost in the iOS closet.

    This!!! Been waiting years for Native Instruments to port more of their software to IOS. Hopefully, they release an iMaschine3 or show some love to Traktor for IOS.

  • edited August 2018

    @Tarekith said:

    @Max23 said:

    maybe im overinterpreting things but im not sure what is going on behind the curtain

    We keep the curtain closed for a reason 😉

    No pun intended.

    ^^
    please don't tell me it was just link for desktop ^^

  • edited August 2018

    @Artefact2001 said:

    @Dubbylabby said:
    I supose is the game changer so testing the waters with all of nda forum users to see if someone makes a mistake a show us some pics or whatever...

    :trollface:

    is this an (early/late) april fool, or is there any evidence of this? ;)

    It’s an abrilfoon live year :trollface:

    @MAtrixplan said:

    @Dubbylabby said:
    I supose is the game changer so testing the waters with all of nda forum users to see if someone makes a mistake a show us some pics or whatever...

    :trollface:

    Just create fake account and tell us all You know ;)

    ...

    @fakeDubbylabby said:
    no need for new account, just creative use of markdown. :mrgreen:
    now the info:
    I don’t have a f00k1ng idea but I expected to @Samu @jakoB_haQ and others start to posting their review views as a result of my fakeleaks

  • edited August 2018

    I was quite naive to sent them a direct message couple of weeks ago...when I read that they were looking for an iOS developer:

    The answer didn’t surprise me but I was hoping for a “stay tuned” comment :p

  • edited August 2018

    Somehow I was allowed on as Beta Tester w/o signing an NDA…

    So I can spill the beans:

    App will be called DisAbleton - like the desktop version, but all useful features will be disabled.

    There will be InOperable - Like Operator, but every preset requires an In app purchase, and it will be preset only - no user programming.

    Also, similar to the Push hardware, there will be the in-app add-on ‘Shove’, which shoves all the push-like buttons into a 5x5 grid.

    If I’m not tossed in a black suv and disappeared for releasing this info, I’ll tell more later….

  • @scottsunn said:
    Somehow I was allowed on as Beta Tester w/o signing an NDA…

    So I can spill the beans:

    App will be called DisAbleton - like the desktop version, but all useful features will be disabled.

    There will be InOperable - Like Operator, but every preset requires and In app purchase, and it will be preset only - no user programming.

    Also, similar to the Push hardware, there will be the in-app add-on ‘Shove’, which shoves all the push-like buttons into a 5x5 grid.

    If I’m not tossed in a black suv and disappeared for releasing this info, I’ll tell more later….

    Lolololololol!

  • edited August 2018

    @MichaelLawrence said:

    @Jumpercollins said:
    Well Reason showed their hand today so we probably know their iOS future in a hybrid beatbox system. Nothing concrete from Ableton apart from rumours they are taking on iOS devs last winter. One to look out for I think is Native Instruments something tells me their the ghost in the iOS closet.

    This!!! Been waiting years for Native Instruments to port more of their software to IOS. Hopefully, they release an iMaschine3 or show some love to Traktor for IOS.

    Palmsounds just put this album up on his Soundcloud “Simpler Machines” made inside iMaschine for iOS. He is usually a man in the know, just wild speculation why he promoted a album made with iMaschine does he know there is a big update coming!

  • Slow day at the office....

  • @Jumpercollins said:

    @MichaelLawrence said:

    @Jumpercollins said:
    Well Reason showed their hand today so we probably know their iOS future in a hybrid beatbox system. Nothing concrete from Ableton apart from rumours they are taking on iOS devs last winter. One to look out for I think is Native Instruments something tells me their the ghost in the iOS closet.

    This!!! Been waiting years for Native Instruments to port more of their software to IOS. Hopefully, they release an iMaschine3 or show some love to Traktor for IOS.

    Palmsounds just put this album up on his Soundcloud “Simpler Machines” made inside iMaschine for iOS. He is usually a man in the know, just wild speculation why he promoted a album made with iMaschine does he know there is a big update coming!

    When?

  • edited August 2018

    Unlikely, Native Instruments have very few developers in house, the ones that are directly employed by Native Instruments have to share their time between development on Kontakt/Reaktor/Maschine in that order (Order of rate of perpetual income)
    They have some in house content designers who design Reaktor ensembles and sample content, but no current in house mobile developer, unless that has changed since before summer.

    Times are very different now at Native Instruments, like Izotope and Propellerheads and Bitwig they are part owned by invest capitalists, developments that once were in no doubt are not so anymore.

  • @Turntablist said:
    Unlikely, Native Instruments have very few developers in house, the ones that are directly employed by Native Instruments have to share their time between development on Kontakt/Reaktor/Maschine in that order (Order of rate of perpetual income)

    Aww… Way to ruin it for us!
    Y’mean it’s not this Fall that we’ll get an iOS version of Reaktor (compatible with existing ensembles)?
    :'(

    Times are very different now at Native Instruments, like Izotope and Propellerheads and Bitwig they are part owned by invest capitalists, developments that once were in no doubt are not so anymore.

    Actually, NI’s “Blue Man Group” funding has had me intrigued for a while. What did these people learn that convinced them there was “upswing” for NI?
    While the hype cycle has moved on, investors may still perceive a lot of value in integrating existing platforms with mobile devices.

    Also, some VCs push for collaboration. Maybe NI doesn’t have the iOS team we wish they had but there are some competent iOS devs out there who could have partnered with NI.
    Ok, some collaborations haven’t been too impressive (people in these forums tend not to praise Retronyms very frequently). But something could happen from one of the big players.

    Didn’t realize Bitwig was in that group of investment-funded music tech companies. Recently bought a license for BWS2 and finding a lot of value there, including support for MPE and touchscreens. That DAW could work quite well with some iOS apps.

  • @Enkerli said:

    @Turntablist said:
    Unlikely, Native Instruments have very few developers in house, the ones that are directly employed by Native Instruments have to share their time between development on Kontakt/Reaktor/Maschine in that order (Order of rate of perpetual income)

    Aww… Way to ruin it for us!
    Y’mean it’s not this Fall that we’ll get an iOS version of Reaktor (compatible with existing ensembles)?
    :'(

    Times are very different now at Native Instruments, like Izotope and Propellerheads and Bitwig they are part owned by invest capitalists, developments that once were in no doubt are not so anymore.

    Actually, NI’s “Blue Man Group” funding has had me intrigued for a while. What did these people learn that convinced them there was “upswing” for NI?
    While the hype cycle has moved on, investors may still perceive a lot of value in integrating existing platforms with mobile devices.

    Also, some VCs push for collaboration. Maybe NI doesn’t have the iOS team we wish they had but there are some competent iOS devs out there who could have partnered with NI.
    Ok, some collaborations haven’t been too impressive (people in these forums tend not to praise Retronyms very frequently). But something could happen from one of the big players.

    Didn’t realize Bitwig was in that group of investment-funded music tech companies. Recently bought a license for BWS2 and finding a lot of value there, including support for MPE and touchscreens. That DAW could work quite well with some iOS apps.

    Nah, it’s gonna be iMashine 2, but with up to 8 channels of Audio( depending in iPad... 4 minimum)... with extra tools.. to:Play samples ( better than Beathawk).... Plus you can use AU/ IAA in the sequencer... Just a guess!.... Therei is no way Ableton can make an app on iOS work the same as a Desktop... Too much. CPU, especially with the sample manipulation of “ Elestic v3 technology’s”.... Or I’ll eat your hat?....... I frigging hope I do?... :D

  • @studs1966 said:

    @Enkerli said:

    @Turntablist said:
    Unlikely, Native Instruments have very few developers in house, the ones that are directly employed by Native Instruments have to share their time between development on Kontakt/Reaktor/Maschine in that order (Order of rate of perpetual income)

    Aww… Way to ruin it for us!
    Y’mean it’s not this Fall that we’ll get an iOS version of Reaktor (compatible with existing ensembles)?
    :'(

    Nah, it’s gonna be iMashine 2, but with up to 8 channels of Audio( depending in iPad... 4 minimum)... with extra tools.. to:Play samples ( better than Beathawk)....

    That’s probably better playing to their strengths. Not my kind of thing, but at least there‘s precedent.

    Therei is no way Ableton can make an app on iOS work the same as a Desktop... Too much. CPU, especially with the sample manipulation of “ Elestic v3 technology’s”....

    Hm… While it’s hard to compare ARM and x86 performance, there’s been quite a bit of noise about recent iOS chips outperforming relatively recent laptops and desktops. And my 2012 MacBook Pro does run these DAWs fairly well. Sounds to me like RAM might be the bigger constraint. But some cross-platform devs could chime in.

    My expectation for these mainstream devs isn’t that they’d release full-featured versions of their DAWs for iOS but that they’d have fairly powerful apps which complement the workflow. Haven’t done much in Cubasis and never worked in Cubase, but it does sound like that integration works fairly well. To me, the way Korg paired Gadget with macOS is a pretty neat model. Korg Gadget for macOS is somewhat limited as a DAW, but it does integrate nicely with the iOS version. And since you can export to Ableton Live projects with support for the VSTs, it means you can start a project in Gadget for iOS and finish it in Live. That makes quite a bit of sense.

    As we know, there’s a Grindhouse soundtrack made entirely in Gadget for iOS. With time, iOS-based workflow will likely expand. Who knows, Apple may even end up realizing that there’s an actual pro market on iOS and greatly enhance their devices for such work.

  • edited August 2018

    Ableton could easily create Live for i devices, Cubasis is a port of what was once an x86 product, in fact it has more features on IOS.
    It is very unlikely though, the i device economy does not have the return to warrant the development.

  • @Turntablist said:
    Ableton could easily create Live for i devices, Cubasis is a port of what was once an x86 product, in fact it has more features on IOS.
    It is very unlikely though, the i device economy does not have the return to warrant the development.

    I dont think so.
    Who wouldn't buy that?

  • edited August 2018

    Now DJ Puzzle is making Maschine Kits. Great more NI kits by iPad producers. I wonder if NI are gonna are drop a iPad Maschine specific controller. Would be nice .

    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2126575257605458&id=36769457062&refsrc=http://t.co/CQ17xWpS5z&_rdr

Sign In or Register to comment.