Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VS - Visual Synthesizer by Imaginando Lda

Comments

• We have updated VS to version 1.1.1. Here is what is new/changed:

• Fix crash when saving recorded videos to photos
    • Screen recording now includes audio
    • Improves screen recording length consistency
    • LFO triggering by ANY or specific channel
    • General bug fixes and improvements
  • @sinosoidal Im was enjoying the latest beta which is this release version. Very smooth and lots of the previous little glitches ironed out.

I’m using it in AUM and it sync great. The recorder work perfectly. It all comes together to make a very nice audio visual workflow.

I did this visual 90% in VS then added tittles and a little PiP in Lumafusion.

• @Richtowns said:
    @sinosoidal Im was enjoying the latest beta which is this release version. Very smooth and lots of the previous little glitches ironed out.

I’m using it in AUM and it sync great. The recorder work perfectly. It all comes together to make a very nice audio visual workflow.

I did this visual 90% in VS then added tittles and a little PiP in Lumafusion.

Glad to hear that the new version is working rock solid for you. VS is young. We are still ironing a lot of details. Performance wise I think we will need to wait for iPads with even greater GPU capabilities like the M1X or M2. :blush:

• Nice update on the beta!

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    Nice update on the beta!

Let me know how does it feel on iPhone! :blush:

• @sinosoidal said:

@Fingolfinzz said:
    Nice update on the beta!

Let me know how does it feel on iPhone! :blush:

So far it’s running really well, I’ve had a couple of crashes but I had an absolute ton of things going on at the time so I imagine that was the cause.

One issue, at least for the iPhone 11 on iOS 15, is the UI doesn’t size up right and cuts off the lower half of the app so I can’t access the modulation in landscape mode and then the right side gets cut off in portrait mode. I tried it out in both AUM and Drambo and here are a couple screen shots

• I was just messing with it on my iPhone as well. It is rather tight to fit everything on such a small screen.

@Fingolfinzz can you tap that up or down arrow on the very lower left side of the screen (I see it in both of your screenshots)

Very happy to be back on the beta btw @sinosoidal thank you!

• Oooh! iPhone?

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    I was just messing with it on my iPhone as well. It is rather tight to fit everything on such a small screen.

@Fingolfinzz can you tap that up or down arrow on the very lower left side of the screen (I see it in both of your screenshots)

Yeah I tried that, I’ll see it pop up but out of reach. In standalone it’ll work but not in auv3. Yeah it’s definitely a bit of a tight fit, maybe allowing scrolling or tabs could make it work with the smaller layout

• @Fingolfinzz said:

@Edward_Alexander said:
    I was just messing with it on my iPhone as well. It is rather tight to fit everything on such a small screen.

Yeah I tried that, I’ll see it pop up but out of reach. In standalone it’ll work but not in auv3. Yeah it’s definitely a bit of a tight fit, maybe allowing scrolling or tabs could make it work with the smaller layout

I see. We have established minimum width and height for the window on AUV3. We need to take those limits out on iPhone, but it will be very difficult to use. Sincerely, on a iPhone, I think it will be useful as standalone but not as an auv3.

• @sinosoidal said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

I see. We have established minimum width and height for the window on AUV3. We need to take those limits out on iPhone, but it will be very difficult to use. Sincerely, on a iPhone, I think it will be useful as standalone but not as an auv3.

Yeah it’s good on standalone, I can access everything on there, the only thing I just remembered is the color selector gets cut off by the bar at the top so you can’t change the blending

• @Fingolfinzz said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

Yeah it’s good on standalone, I can access everything on there, the only thing I just remembered is the color selector gets cut off by the bar at the top so you can’t change the blending

The latest build 45 should fix the layout on AUv3.

• @sinosoidal said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

The latest build 45 should fix the layout on AUv3.

Build 46 should fix this color panel issue. Thanks for reporting! :blush:

• Awesome, looks great now @sinosoidal! I’ll let you know if I come across anything else!

• @sinosoidal

Thanks for the iPhone auv3 update.

It looks good on the iPhone.
    Users can create presets on the iPad and send them
    to their iphones when it's time for performing.

Nicely done.

• @sinosoidal, is it possible to add a feature to allow for the "Ken Burns" effect on the background layer, i.e., allowing simple zoom in/zoom out/pan movement via the LFO, etc? that would be a wonderful enhancement. is there a particular reason that feature is absent?

• @Gravitas said:
    @sinosoidal

Thanks for the iPhone auv3 update.

It looks good on the iPhone.
    Users can create presets on the iPad and send them
    to their iphones when it's time for performing.

Nicely done.

Or vice versa! I did (or I tried) doing just this a couple days ago while at work. Fiddled around with some materials and saved it as a preset. Got home and shared it with the iPad. Worked great!

Man, the desktop version of VS is amazing if you have a good graphics capable PC! I can run all 8 channels of materials with everything on the highest settings!

Now I just need to figure out the best way to go about combining the VS visuals from my PC, with the audio from my iPad.

• @sinosoidal > @rtuckr said:

@sinosoidal, is it possible to add a feature to allow for the "Ken Burns" effect on the background layer, i.e., allowing simple zoom in/zoom out/pan movement via the LFO, etc? that would be a wonderful enhancement. is there a particular reason that feature is absent?

That would be a nice addition. In the meantime though, you know you could always record a short video clip with you manually zooming/panning the image and then just load said short video clip as the background.

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    That would be a nice addition. In the meantime though, you know you could always record a short video clip with you manually zooming/panning the image and then just load said short video clip as the background.

That's a good point, thanks @Edward_Alexander. If possible to do it in VS, it would just save that step (I have 20 images, so it would definitely streamline workflow if VS had the capability to do background movement).

• 50% off until 21st November

• I'm new to the forum and just purchased VS, enjoying using it on PC. I've read a number of the posts and would like to add my vote for offline rendering with a possible implementation suggestion. With offline-rendering (or whatever it might be called), the output file does not suffer due to CPU capacity or settings.

I have a suggestion next about how this might be done. There may be a better approach, of course. And, all of this may be safely ignored! :)

One way to do this might be to have an offline-render recording mode.

Offline-render mode might be entered by double-clicking the record button. (I note that the record button currently does not sense double-click.) At any time while in pre-render mode, the mode can be exited and returned to normal mode by again double-clicking the record button. (Double-clicking while recording in normal mode should be treated like a single-click.)

Recording might now be indicated with a red donut instead of a red circle. The counter would count, as in normal mode. The recording would be done per pre-render settings. These settings may include very low video resolution and very low frame rate. VS would record internal settings, the input MIDI and input audio, but not the actual video.

Recording stops and values are finalized with a single click on the red donut. It might be good to now have the red donut flash to indicate it is ready for offline rendering.

Next, single-clicking on the flashing red donut button starts the actual render, freezing the display until the render completes or is cancelled (via single- or double-click on the button). Once rendering is done, normal mode is restored.

It would also be nice to render to a lossless format, like mov or avi.

That said, VS a great tool. I'm still experimenting, of course. I find that for my system the most critical settings for recording are 30 fps, 1280x720 to avoid CPU thrashing.

• @sksherman said:
    I'm new to the forum and just purchased VS, enjoying using it on PC. I've read a number of the posts and would like to add my vote for offline rendering with a possible implementation suggestion. With offline-rendering (or whatever it might be called), the output file does not suffer due to CPU capacity or settings.

I have a suggestion next about how this might be done. There may be a better approach, of course. And, all of this may be safely ignored! :)

One way to do this might be to have an offline-render recording mode.

Offline-render mode might be entered by double-clicking the record button. (I note that the record button currently does not sense double-click.) At any time while in pre-render mode, the mode can be exited and returned to normal mode by again double-clicking the record button. (Double-clicking while recording in normal mode should be treated like a single-click.)

Recording might now be indicated with a red donut instead of a red circle. The counter would count, as in normal mode. The recording would be done per pre-render settings. These settings may include very low video resolution and very low frame rate. VS would record internal settings, the input MIDI and input audio, but not the actual video.

Recording stops and values are finalized with a single click on the red donut. It might be good to now have the red donut flash to indicate it is ready for offline rendering.

Next, single-clicking on the flashing red donut button starts the actual render, freezing the display until the render completes or is cancelled (via single- or double-click on the button). Once rendering is done, normal mode is restored.

It would also be nice to render to a lossless format, like mov or avi.

That said, VS a great tool. I'm still experimenting, of course. I find that for my system the most critical settings for recording are 30 fps, 1280x720 to avoid CPU thrashing.

Are you the same user that commented on Imaginando's User group in Facebook?

• I am! I commented there before finally finding and joining this discussion! I must say, for my current project, VS is just perfect! And, it will only get better. Thanks so much! :)

• Oh if this is the right place for a feature request: an option to mosh a video image and with control for mosh parameters?

• I finally spent enough time with VS to get my head around it. It's very easy to grasp with a small investment of focus. Watching SoundForMore's 30-minute tutorial was very helpful. VS is superb.

I could not believe how easy it was to throw a handful of AUv3s into apeMatrix and create a generative audiovisualized jam.

The Perplex On materials and presets are great, but I am itching to show off my GLSL programming skills. When will we be able to load an ISF?

• @mojozart said:
    I finally spent enough time with VS to get my head around it. It's very easy to grasp with a small investment of focus. Watching SoundForMore's 30-minute tutorial was very helpful. VS is superb.

I could not believe how easy it was to throw a handful of AUv3s into apeMatrix and create a generative audiovisualized jam.

The Perplex On materials and presets are great, but I am itching to show off my GLSL programming skills. When will we be able to load an ISF?

We are working on it. The forthcoming version 1.2.0 should be able to do that. it might be tricky to work on material on the iPad. During the development process a lot of trial and error is required.

• @NimboStratus said:
    having trouble getting video converted and uploaded. but all you need to...

1. Use something like Helium/Atom, I've got 2 bars of C0 and 2 bars of C#0 on a loop

1. 'Wire up' Helium to VS using the 3 lines (hamburger) icon

1. Then select the icon top right of the 3 lines menu, select preset mode

2. Add two actions, one for each preset and set Note 12 (C0) to action 1 (load preset 1) and Note 13 (C#0) to action 2 (load preset 2).

Is there any way to allow MIDI program changes in VS without the use of another app, e.g., directly from a MIDI keyboard? I can’t see a way to do it with the MIDI Learn feature.

• I’ve finally started digging into VS. I understand most of all the functions now… not 100% but getting there.

One thing that’s got me tripped up is that I don’t understand how to use the 2 envelope generators. I can’t tell if they work together or if it’s an either/or situation.

Can anyone explain how you might use both of the EGs and how you could obviously see the effects when setting each of the EGs 1+2 radically different from each other?

• Sorry if that has been answered, but the thread is getting rather long.

Is there a way to export and share presets? I made one the I would like to share, is there a way to do that? Don’t seem to be able to find the file in the file system.