Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VS - Visual Synthesizer by Imaginando Lda

Comments

• @Ben said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@Toastedghost said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    What is Giphy and yes I’m on the beta ? And yes I’m 59 so pardon my tech not being up to date !

Am 62 myself. Go to the layer marked B for background. Hold finger on B. This reveals the menu choices for the background layer. Now look to your top lefthand side, you should see the word Giphy under Media. Click on Giphy to se a host of crazy gifs flashing at you. You can scroll down for your choice of gif or use the search box above to search for a type of gif.
    Hope this helps.

No worries, I'm right behind all of you old farts at 52 lol

I've been using GIPHY on my iPhones for years. Usually to send "personalized" reactions in text messages, and yes GIPHY has like 90% crap that you'd never use, and most looks like it was made by a 3rd grader, but.. if you dig deep enough, there's some real gems.

I found this car under the "Transportation" category (which they're not really categories, they're just search term shortcuts)
    and easily added it to this little project here:

This is awesome! :)

Is this music yours? It has Morhphine vibe :blush:

Wow. Good eye/ear. If the bass was a little louder and dirtier, would have fooled me.
    Great song @Edward_Alexander.

Thank you so much!

Funny thing is, it doesn’t have a bass part, but rather just a bassey sounding guitar.

1 guitar track, 1 drum track, and 1 sax track. That’s it. I’ll have to post a video on how I did the guitar part. It’s a technique I stole from the Spaceman himself, Ace Frehley. (Guess the song!)

• Material import would be great. Great links in the past few posts. Didn't know these types of apps existed.

• Latest beta looks great, a new easy screen recorder. Problem is I can’t locate screen recordings. It states the are saved to “ Your recordings have been saved to the VS recordings folder”, which is where exactly?
    The locals drive display VS but only 2 accessible folders imaginado and medias, unfortunately it does not appear in either.

• edited July 2021

How can you access Giphy. Nothing showing up here. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

• edited July 2021

This update is awesome, thanks for making this awesome app @sinosoidal.
    Edit: ope, one thing I noticed is that the recorded output saves upside down

@Ailerom longpress on the “B” button and a menu will pop up, select the “Resources” option and you’ll see Giphy up in the left hand corner

• @Fingolfinzz said:

@Ailerom longpress on the “B” button and a menu will pop up, select the “Resources” option and you’ll see Giphy up in the left hand corner

Sorry but it just ain't there.

• We have just made available a new build on TestFlight with the built in recorder screen recorder.

I've been working restlessly on this since VS came out. This is an incredibly challenging task for many reasons. It is not ready yet and now we need your feedback to tune it.

Known issues:

• It is not possible to access recordings that were made while in AUv3. We have found out that an AUv3 can only write to a shared place between the app and it. We we will need to find out a solution for this.

• The recording image is vertically flipped.

• Audio is not included in the video (as this is another great challenge, we will probably keep it for a future update).

Question: do you know AUv3's that write files? Are those accessible via Files app? Please let us know.

@Toastedghost said:
    Latest beta looks great, a new easy screen recorder. Problem is I can’t locate screen recordings. It states the are saved to “ Your recordings have been saved to the VS recordings folder”, which is where exactly?
    The locals drive display VS but only 2 accessible folders imaginado and medias, unfortunately it does not appear in either.

Have you recorded inside the AUv3 or standalone? Try on the standalone and then go to files app and choose the folder VS. It should have a folder called Recordings.

@Fingolfinzz said:

Yes! It is one of the known issues :blush:

• @Ailerom said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

Are you on TestFlight? You need to have version 1.1.0. Check in the about. Giphy feature is not available in production yet.

• @sinosoidal said:

@Ailerom said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

Are you on TestFlight? You need to have version 1.1.0. Check in the about. Giphy feature is not available in production yet.

All the AUv3s I know of that export files require a user-initiated step (some sort of export command) to export to the publicly visible file system.

• @espiegel123 said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Ailerom said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

All the AUv3s I know of that export files require a user-initiated step (some sort of export command) to export to the publicly visible file system.

Thanks for your reply. Can you please mention an example?

• @sinosoidal said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Ailerom said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

I see, thanks. I'm not on the beta.

• @Ailerom said:

@sinosoidal said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Ailerom said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

I see, thanks. I'm not on the beta.

Send me pvt with your email and I will put you on the beta.

• @sinosoidal said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Ailerom said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

MultiTrack Recorder, AudioLayer, Enso, Atom 2

• Thanks @sinosoidal I know you have been busy yes recorded in AUMv3 so I gather no access, will try in Standalone. Shame no audio will record though I know you are busy working on it.
    Cheers for the updates and keep up the godd fight.

• @Toastedghost said:
    Thanks @sinosoidal I know you have been busy yes recorded in AUMv3 so I gather no access, will try in Standalone. Shame no audio will record though I know you are busy working on it.
    Cheers for the updates and keep up the godd fight.

We understand that audio include on the video file is a must. But it will delay the release even further. We want to make Syphon and Spout available for Windows and Mac users as soon as possible.

But I really believe the hardest part is done.

Thanks for your feedback. Please keep me updated of your experience with the recording feature. :blush:

• @espiegel123 said:

@sinosoidal said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Ailerom said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

I belive I have Atom 2. Which operation does that? Thx! :blush:

• @sinosoidal The new recording feature works great export out into other apps like LumiaFusion via files app goes without a hitch.👍 Can live with the vertical flip as controls are there to flip to right view. Hope you can eventual sort out the audio export.

• Am I right in thinking that in the standalone you can only react to audio running from AudioShare etc? Ie not midi? Just trying to work out best way to create the best output for Luma

• @sinosoidal said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sinosoidal said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Ailerom said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

There are commands Export MIDI and Share Clip available when you tap its "hamburger" icon in the upper-right corner.

• edited July 2021

@espiegel123 said:

@sinosoidal said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sinosoidal said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Ailerom said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

There are commands Export MIDI and Share Clip available when you tap its "hamburger" icon in the upper-right corner.

Thanks!! I forgot we do the same with LK! :blush:

• We have uploaded a new build that allows recordings to be saved to an arbitrary place when its finished. It also fixes the vertical flip.

• @sinosoidal said:
    We have uploaded a new build that allows recordings to be saved to an arbitrary place when its finished. It also fixes the vertical flip.

Sounds great.
    Would you PLEASE make it possible to access the “position” parameter of a background clip in Still mode (via MIDI and/or LFO). So the clips position could jump to a specific frame on every beat for example?! This would be awesome.
    Skål!

• @Ploe said:

@sinosoidal said:
    We have uploaded a new build that allows recordings to be saved to an arbitrary place when its finished. It also fixes the vertical flip.

Sounds great.
    Would you PLEASE make it possible to access the “position” parameter of a background clip in Still mode (via MIDI and/or LFO). So the clips position could jump to a specific frame on every beat for example?! This would be awesome.
    Skål!

We have that parameter already, it is called Background Playback Position. Have you seen it before?

• edited July 2021

@sinosoidal said:

@Ploe said:

@sinosoidal said:

Sounds great.
    Skål!

We have that parameter already, it is called Background Playback Position. Have you seen it before?

Yes, of course I did. But unfortunately it cannot be assigned as a modulation destination.
    I found out a workaround via AUv3 parameter automation. So Brambos’ Rozeta LFO can modulate the position. What I want to do is: Advance n number of frames every beat (or bar).
    Thanks for your fast reply.

• @Ploe said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Ploe said:

@sinosoidal said:

Sounds great.
    Skål!

Yes, of course I did. But unfortunately it cannot be assigned as a modulation destination …

Background parameters are not available as modulation targets in the matrix, sorry.

• @sinosoidal said:

@Ploe said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Ploe said:

@sinosoidal said:

Sounds great.
    Skål!

Yes, of course I did. But unfortunately it cannot be assigned as a modulation destination …

Background parameters are not available as modulation targets in the matrix, sorry.

Okay … :-(
    Perhaps in a future update (at least the playback options) …

• We have bad news... we will not be able to integrate Giphy inside VS. We requested a production api key and this was the answer:

Thanks for your interest in using our API. Per our terms of service, we require users of our API to call our API each time a GIF is served or requested and do no permit caching or downloading of our content. We also do not permit users of our API to manipulate our GIFs in any manner to create a derivative work. This includes, but is not limited to, adding filters, cropping, altering the aspect ratio, changing the duration, and placing text or other media on top of an existing GIF.

• @sinosoidal said:
    We have bad news... we will not be able to integrate Giphy inside VS. We requested a production api key and this was the answer:

Thanks for your interest in using our API. Per our terms of service, we require users of our API to call our API each time a GIF is served or requested and do no permit caching or downloading of our content. We also do not permit users of our API to manipulate our GIFs in any manner to create a derivative work. This includes, but is not limited to, adding filters, cropping, altering the aspect ratio, changing the duration, and placing text or other media on top of an existing GIF.

Ouch! Am sure a few folks will be disapointed in that response. Were Giphy original contacted when you began the beta?
    There must be another simular service out there? Is there any anything to be gain by changing a video for a gif apart from storage space?

• edited July 2021

@Toastedghost said:

@sinosoidal said:
    We have bad news... we will not be able to integrate Giphy inside VS. We requested a production api key and this was the answer:

Ouch! Am sure a few folks will be disapointed in that response. Were Giphy original contacted when you began the beta?
    There must be another simular service out there? Is there anything to be gain by changing a video for a gif apart from storage space?

What about Tenor gifs or Imgr gifs?
    Or is the Api key a problem with them all?

• How about pexels? Better quality than giphy