Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VS - Visual Synthesizer by Imaginando Lda

Comments

• @Jumpercollins said:
    What is Giphy and yes I’m on the beta ? And yes I’m 59 so pardon my tech not being up to date !

Am 62 myself. Go to the layer marked B for background. Hold finger on B. This reveals the menu choices for the background layer. Now look to your top lefthand side, you should see the word Giphy under Media. Click on Giphy to se a host of crazy gifs flashing at you. You can scroll down for your choice of gif or use the search box above to search for a type of gif.
    Hope this helps.

• Nobody has mentioned as far as i know, that you can make your own gifs in procreate, IOS app. They work very well in VS.

• @Toastedghost Cheers for the explanation.Strange they were not showing first time I opened the resources folders but there now.

• @foldart said:
    Nobody has mentioned as far as i know, that you can make your own gifs in procreate, IOS app. They work very well in VS.

True. IO Crafter can also make some great gifs. Kalidsopic effects and spinning pattern. Any photo or pattern can be loaded. A great source of inspiration.

• @Toastedghost said:

@foldart said:
    Nobody has mentioned as far as i know, that you can make your own gifs in procreate, IOS app. They work very well in VS.

True. IO Crafter can also make some great gifs. Kalidscopic effects and spinning pattern. Any photo or pattern can be loaded. A great source of inspiration.

• Io crafter? Cannot seem to locate

• @NimboStratus said:
    Io crafter? Cannot seem to locate

Sorry comes up on mine as iocrafter follow screen shot

• @foldart said:

Great tip!

• Can’t believe I’ve been sleeping on Procreate. Never heard of it until today and it’s everything I’ve ever wanted

• @Toastedghost said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    What is Giphy and yes I’m on the beta ? And yes I’m 59 so pardon my tech not being up to date !

Am 62 myself. Go to the layer marked B for background. Hold finger on B. This reveals the menu choices for the background layer. Now look to your top lefthand side, you should see the word Giphy under Media. Click on Giphy to se a host of crazy gifs flashing at you. You can scroll down for your choice of gif or use the search box above to search for a type of gif.
    Hope this helps.

No worries, I'm right behind all of you old farts at 52 lol

I've been using GIPHY on my iPhones for years. Usually to send "personalized" reactions in text messages, and yes GIPHY has like 90% crap that you'd never use, and most looks like it was made by a 3rd grader, but.. if you dig deep enough, there's some real gems.

I found this car under the "Transportation" category (which they're not really categories, they're just search term shortcuts)
    and easily added it to this little project here:

• Oh and btw, I just wanted to say that I've been thrilled to see my videos being shared by Imaginando!

That's huge for me, as they have nearly 10,000 subscribers!

Thank you @sinosoidal and the rest of the Imaginando crew!

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    Oh and btw, I just wanted to say that I've been thrilled to see my videos being shared by Imaginando!

Well done.

Much deserved.

• Now, I have a question.

While on the Material browser screen, each Material has a little "info" button that reveals a URL..

_ (please forgive me if this has already been covered here, but I'm a busy guy and can only read so much on the forums, and I'm really bad about RTFM lol)_

When we click through the URL we're taken to the http://glslsandbox.com/e#67732.0 for example, where I'm assuming this is where the creator of this particular Material has his thing hosted... along with a huge assortment of other materials and their respective code right there on the screen.

I'm sure there's a bunch of you coders out there that have already figured all this out, but my question is are we able to use any of this in VS?

• @Gravitas said:

@Edward_Alexander said:
    Oh and btw, I just wanted to say that I've been thrilled to see my videos being shared by Imaginando!

Well done.

Much deserved.

Thank you my friend! Hey, have you looked into any of this glslsandbox.com stuff? I see a TON of visuals (Materials) that I wouldn't mind having in VS! Hmmm

• wimwim
    edited July 2021

@Edward_Alexander said:
    Now, I have a question.

While on the Material browser screen, each Material has a little "info" button that reveals a URL..

_ (please forgive me if this has already been covered here, but I'm a busy guy and can only read so much on the forums, and I'm really bad about RTFM lol)_

When we click through the URL we're taken to the http://glslsandbox.com/e#67732.0 for example, where I'm assuming this is where the creator of this particular Material has his thing hosted... along with a huge assortment of other materials and their respective code right there on the screen.

I'm sure there's a bunch of you coders out there that have already figured all this out, but my question is are we able to use any of this in VS?

Not at this time. Maybe some time, but they have some things about parameter handling they need to figure out before saying for sure.

@Gravitas said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

Well done.

Much deserved.

Thank you my friend! Hey, have you looked into any of this glslsandbox.com stuff? I see a TON of visuals (Materials) that I wouldn't mind having in VS! Hmmm

No, I haven't had the time recently to experiment with VS at all.
    I'm currently working on a single release.
    Being a one man production team means
    that I've had to supervise the entire process.
    The mix came back from an external mixing
    and mastering house last night and we weren't happy
    with the result at all so I'm having to do the release mix,
    something which I was trying to avoid, anyway...

I had a look at the link and it looks very interesting.
    If the Materials in VS are coded like that rather than proprietary embedded
    code that Imaginando uses then it would open up VS for almost all of the coders
    at that use the iOS platform and more.

Let's wait for Imaginando's answer.

• @Gravitas said:

Materials in VS are GLSL shaders under the hood. They haven't opened up the app to be able to import your own though. This is because they have certain variables/parameter requirements and need to work through how to handle that.

They answered some pages back. I'll see if I can find the post...

• Here's the answer about custom shaders. My recollections were generally correct, but off in some of the details.
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/966428/#Comment_966428

• @wim said:

@Gravitas said:

Materials in VS are GLSL shaders under the hood. They haven't opened up the app to be able to import your own though. This is because they have certain variables/parameter requirements and need to work through how to handle that.

I didn't realise that, as mentioned I haven't had the chance to delve that deep
    into VS though I do have the whole midi side of things ticking along quite nicely.
    Learning something new everyday.

They answered some pages back. I'll see if I can find the post...

Oh cool.
    That would be great.

• @wim said:
    Here's the answer about custom shaders. My recollections were generally correct, but off in some of the details.
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/966428/#Comment_966428

Oh, I remember reading that and I didn't put two and two together.

Now that's interesting, I may actually start learning shader coding to do visuals.
    I'm not going to leap directly in but if it's possible then...
    Who knows.

Thank you for finding the link for me.
    Much appreciated.

@Toastedghost said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Hope this helps.

I've been using GIPHY on my iPhones for years. Usually to send "personalized" reactions in text messages, and yes GIPHY has like 90% crap that you'd never use, and most looks like it was made by a 3rd grader, but.. if you dig deep enough, there's some real gems.

I found this car under the "Transportation" category (which they're not really categories, they're just search term shortcuts)

This is awesome! :)

Is this music yours? It has Morhphine vibe :blush:

Our pleasure! :blush:

Now, I have a question.

We will find a way along the road to allow custom materials to be used. Materials are based on code like that (GLSL shaders).

• edited July 2021

To who ever wants to learn about shaders, here is the best resource I've found so far:

https://thebookofshaders.com/

Programming shaders is a whole new thing. Even if you know about programming, it might take you a long time until you get into the shaders paradigm.

• @sinosoidal said:
    To who ever wants to learn about shaders, here is the best resource I've found so far:

https://thebookofshaders.com/

Programming shaders is a whole new thing. Even if you know about programming, it might take you a long time until you get into the shaders paradigm.

Looks very interesting.

• Thanks @wim I figured it had been discussed by now.

@sinosoidal said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@Toastedghost said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Hope this helps.

Thank you! Yes it is! 100%

This piece features only a single original guitar track, a single drum track (Lumbeat's Rock Drummer), and a single GeoSWAM Tenor Sax track. This simulates a 3 piece band, which I believe is what Morphine was, so that's probably why everyone has been mentioning them, regarding this piece.

• @sinosoidal said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

Our pleasure! :blush:

<3

• @sinosoidal

Would this app be of any use in
    regards to the Materials section of VS.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/shade/id1402522815

I had started using it recently with
    the intention of creating small videos
    to import into VS.

• edited July 2021

Decided to cheat a little and screen grab a couple of the “materials” from the gallery on the glslsandbox site. Easy enough to use the captured video as a background!

I thought this “Cloud tunnel” one was pretty cool! I recreated one of my older odd measure (7/4 or 14/8) pieces to play around with. If anyone is interested, the original piece can be found on my SoundCloud here:
    https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/kxNwuAuJAYmfHPaCA

• @sinosoidal said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@Toastedghost said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Hope this helps.

Wow. Good eye/ear. If the bass was a little louder and dirtier, would have fooled me.
    Great song @Edward_Alexander.