Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mononoke : Expressive Drone Synthesizer

Comments

• Tweet from Bram a little bit ago....

• This is definitely getting a Jamuary feature. I've already used Continua more one than once for Jamuary jams.

• Yes, the iPad is charged and ready

@auxmux said:
    This is definitely getting a Jamuary feature. I've already used Continua more one than once for Jamuary jams.

• I don't care what the price of this is, right up my alley. Canny wait

• Very excited to play with this. All of Bram Bros apps are top notch.

• i will actually do more jamuary once this is in my possession

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@senhorlampada said:
    :lol:

@brambos Sorry to ask, but need to get me some gift cards in advance :sunglasses:
    How much are we expected to invest?

A fraction of what it should cost is the usual price on these apps.

So true!

@barabajagal said:
    I don't care what the price of this is, right up my alley. Canny wait

So true, again! :lol:

• @brambos said:
    It’s going to be in the 4-9 Mb range I expect. It’s purely synthesis, graphics are mostly vectors and I’m not using any third party frameworks and libraries, so filesize is minimal :)

You’re a wizard

• I love that approach, I try to approach iOS app development similarly (no third party libraries).

@brambos if I may ask, how long have you been working on mononoke? Do you prototype the DSP in like a software modular or anything like that before beginning the work?

• i want to keep refreshing the app store but its not the weekend yet 😂

• edited January 2020

@burns_audio said:
    @brambos if I may ask, how long have you been working on mononoke? Do you prototype the DSP in like a software modular or anything like that before beginning the work?

I've been working on it over the course of 3 months. But some periods are relatively slow (I take a long time to come to a concept, articulate the value proposition, vision and rough UI model) and other periods I work on it much more intensively (e.g. around Xmas and NY when I was off from work for 2 weeks).

It's difficult to say how much work goes into a product though, because I take a Frankenstein approach to app development:

• I take a mature, stable product (in this case Ruismaker Noir)
    • I rip out the DSP engine
    • disconnect the UI
    • Then start building the product from inside the corpse of the old product, replacing and reconnecting all the old bits with new bits one by one.

This allows me to start with something that works and compiles immediately. But this fundament on which I'm building has been evolving since 2016 and countless months have gone into it already :)

I don't prototype in another environment. I prototype in the actual product (very agile!). I build the DSP engine, and if bits don't work I change them (and the accompanying aspects of the UI). Once everything works I give the GUI one last brush-up to make everything feel coherent and polished.

• @brambos said:

@burns_audio said:

I've been working on it over the course of 3 months. But some periods are relatively slow (I take a long time to come to a concept, articulate the value proposition, vision and rough UI model) and other periods I work on it much more intensively (e.g. around Xmas and NY when I was off from work for 2 weeks).

It's difficult to say how much work goes into a product though, because I take a Frankenstein approach to app development:

• disconnect the UI
    • Then start building the product from the inside of the corpse of the old product, replacing and reconnecting all the old bits with new bits one by one.

This allows me to start with something that works and compiles immediately. But this fundament on which I'm building has been evolving since 2016 and countless months have gone into it already :)

I don't prototype in another environment. I prototype in the actual product (very agile!). I build the DSP engine, and if bits don't work I change them (and the accompanying aspects of the UI). Once everything works I give the GUI one last brush-up to make everything feel coherent and polished.

You didn’t mention the cauldron, the mummy’s thumb and the rare roots and berries from the Peruvian jungles...

• @brambos said:

@burns_audio said:

• disconnect the UI
    • Then start building the product from inside the corpse of the old product, replacing and reconnecting all the old bits with new bits one by one.

Thank you for sharing this. Really interesting.

• @gusgranite said:

@brambos said:

@burns_audio said:

• disconnect the UI

Thank you for sharing this. Really interesting.

Likewise! Fascinating to get inside looks like this.

• An instabuy.
    I hate waiting.

• what price?

• I just picked up Kosmonaut (I know, very late) just to pair w// mononoke this weekend and beyond

• “Wasting time, in the waiting line”

• @MAtrixplan said:
    what price?

yes, i’d like to know that too. i need to know how much gift card to save

• @brambos thank you so much for that insight!

• McDMcD
    edited January 2020

@reasOne said:
    i’ve already started to create my next ep with this synth and it’s not even released yet haha

I have recreated the sounds of this synth in AUM using 4 apps:
    1. AUM for the Recording a File Player.
    2. Tube AU (playing Mononoke demo videos)
    3. Audioshare for chopping audio into smaller segments
    4. Mozaic to automate AUM Parameters and trigger tracks and manipulate volumes.

It helps. I have lots of Mononoke material in my vault. It tends to sound repetitive but
    for Ambient that's OK.

So, I'll pass when it drops. I have copied it to a T and have some projects with over 100 tracks. The shortest one is over 10 hours long when I hit Start. I'm thinking a vinyl box set

is the best way to monetize. I hope to start with pre-sales and gauge the market before sending my USB drive to a vinyl mfg. I will consider pre-orders. It going to be the best vinyl I can get by maxing out my credit cards.

Pre-oder discount $999.00. will go up to $1,000 when it ships. How do I use PayPal?

• @Poppadocrock said:
    “Wasting time, in the waiting line”

• @McD said:

@reasOne said:
    i’ve already started to create my next ep with this synth and it’s not even released yet haha

I have recreated the sounds of this synth in AUM using 4 apps:
    1. AUM for the Recording a File Player.
    2. Tube AU (playing Mononoke demo videos)
    3. Audioshare for chopping audio into smaller segments
    4. Mozaic to automate AUM Parameters and trigger tracks and manipulate volumes.

It helps. I have lots of Mononoke material in my vault. It tends to sound repetitive but
    for Ambient that's OK.

So, I'll pass when it drops. I have copied it to a T and have some projects with over 100 tracks. The shortest one is over 10 hours long when I hit Start. I'm thinking a vinyl box set

is the best way to monetize. I hope to start with pre-sales and gauge the market before sending my USB drive to a vinyl mfg. I will consider pre-orders. It going to be the best vinyl I can get by maxing out my credit cards.

Pre-oder discount $999.00. will go up to $1,000 when it ships. How do I use PayPal?

LOL.

• Did Bram hint anything? Or are we actually refreshing the AppStore even though we know it wont come until tomorrow or even Saturday or Sunday or...!?!?

• I’m hoping to push the button on Saturday :)

• @brambos said:
    I’m hoping to push the button on Saturday :)

Could you also push the Drambo button while your inside the iTune Store.
    I'm sure it's fine "as is". Readers of the Forum will thank you for putting an end to
    the suspense.

• edited January 2020

@McD said:

@brambos said:
    I’m hoping to push the button on Saturday :)

Could you also push the Drambo button while your inside the iTune Store.
    I'm sure it's fine "as is". Readers of the Forum will thank you for putting an end to
    the suspense.

Drambos. Wait. Wrong thread. Whaaaaaaaaat?

EDIT: More on track, looking forward to the release of this :)

• @iammane said:
    Drambos. Wait. Wrong thread. Whaaaaaaaaat?

Drambo is infecting all active threads. It's a software immunodeficiency. There is no cure
    either. It's being called the iPIV (IOS xPad Immunodeficiency Virus). There is no cure.
    But for about $100 a month you can purchase maintain drugs from the iTune Store to live
    a productive life.

When will this curse end?

• @brambos thanks for the pointer. Saturday it is 👍🏼