Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mononoke : Expressive Drone Synthesizer

Comments

• @YourJunk said:
    Is there a way to get the pads and synth on the same screen at the same time? I’m sure there is, I just can’t seem to work it out.

Not on a phone, those screens are simply not big enough. But on an iPad you can simply switch to fullscreen in most hosts and get everything on one screen.

• @brambos said:

@YourJunk said:
    Is there a way to get the pads and synth on the same screen at the same time? I’m sure there is, I just can’t seem to work it out.

Not on a phone, those screens are simply not big enough. But on an iPad you can simply switch to fullscreen in most hosts and get everything on one screen.

Ah okay cool. That makes sense.

• @YourJunk said:

@brambos said:

@YourJunk said:

Ah okay cool. That makes sense.

Depending on your needs you might like using a second instance for midi only (Eg midi track in AUM) to control the engine of a first instance. It’s almost like faking same screen over 2 windows:

• edited January 2020

I think it's already been said that the control is intended to be managed through the host mapping cc's to AU parameters.

Does no one but me use AUM with mpe keyboards? For me only having the option of mapping cc through the host is unacceptable because AUM can only route cc message to one midi channel.

• wimwim
    edited January 2020

@sclurbs said:

I think it's already been said that the control is intended to be managed through the host mapping cc's to AU parameters.

Does no one but me use AUM with mpe keyboards? For me only having the option of mapping cc through the host is unacceptable because AUM can only route cc message to one midi channel.

Nope, you’re the only one.

(Unauthorized usage of MPE can lead to confiscation of hardware and computing devices, or worse, in some countries. Depending on where you live, you might want to be sure your IP address cannot be traced to your location.)

• edited January 2020

@brambos excellent sounding drone synth. I truly appreciate what you've done here. The distortion is particularly lovely. Thanks for adding more bendiness to the onscreen keys. Perfect and so fun to play.

I noticed that even with all possible mods off, there is still some modulation on the raw synth engines. Is there a way around this? I really love to explore harmonic timbres without modulations by stacking pure partials.

another minor UI thing: the synth engines are mirror images except for the filter section. is there a reason for this? I'm sure I can get used to it, but it seems a bit weird to me and makes me wonder just how bad my OCD is.. :D

• Here is my latest Jamaury jam using Mononoke, modular, and Fractal Bits. Lost in the drones.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B7kfVRLBWO5/?igshid=n1jx96qzhi4b

• edited January 2020

So,I’ve got it, played with it yesterday. It seems that fine tuning does only 4-5 semitones shift, free tuning a bit strange, cause it’s not showing real frequency numbers and it’s hard to tune to the note you want.
    If you want go lower(I really want)and know what note it is, you need to use a tuner(I’ve used tonestack tuner),even though the pitch of every note(in note mode) is not always correct, but you can correct it by fine tuning. I did go low, but as someone else noticed I want more accurate control over pitch and frequency
    I think the price a little bit high for what it can do now. I really like using midi out, but then I realized I can do the same with KB-1.
    Also, I couldn’t really dig into the sound pallet, I was really hoping that I would do a lot of things(droney), cause I really like what developer did before, but for now it’s just simple synth, not as deep as I thought, just hope some updates will make it more different and deep.

P.S:I’ve red all the threads, almost every comment, I’ve seen all the videos(those sound almost the same), but I thought I could do more with it..

• Kinda know what Artair means but I'm still loving it - wondering if more waveforms or even samples would work as sources in the synth?

Not up to the standards of a lot of the demos I've heard here but loving messing with this little noodle 🙂

• @Krupa said:
    wondering if more waveforms or even samples would work as sources in the synth?

That wouldn't work well. The feedback works as a an FM-based mechanism. Anything more than simple-ish waveforms will very quickly devolve into screeching noise.

It's the reason why the individual operators in most FM synths are limited to sinewaves and other soft waveforms. You should really see the voices in Mononoke also as operators that work together rather than traditional voices of a traditional synth.

B)

• Despite little actual understanding, I instinctively thought that might be why it's set up like this, nice to know for sure, thanks @brambos 👍

I'm definitely addicted to just playing it, think I'll get mozaic and try that tuning script too, will open up more possibilities I think...

• Diggin’ the Mozaic script for this. Thanks! :)

• Man, hearing about the Mozaic interaction with it...am I really going to be talked into Mozaic?

• I am still loving Mononoke. So so so good, @brambos thanks sir!

Beside all the praises I really wished it would have a separate management system for these keyboard setups and the presets. Maybe I am missing something but for me that would make most sense...

• @Krupa said:
    Kinda know what Artair means but I'm still loving it - wondering if more waveforms or even samples would work as sources in the synth?

Not up to the standards of a lot of the demos I've heard here but loving messing with this little noodle 🙂

Nice !

• @Paul16 said:

@Krupa said:
    Kinda know what Artair means but I'm still loving it - wondering if more waveforms or even samples would work as sources in the synth?

Nice !

Thanks Paul, most kind 👍

• @auxmux said:
    Here is my latest Jamaury jam using Mononoke, modular, and Fractal Bits. Lost in the drones.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B7kfVRLBWO5/?igshid=n1jx96qzhi4b

Noice. Using Mononoke as a source for the modular has gotten some satisfying results here as well.

• leaving a review now, people are too much man sheesh

• 4.5 out of 5, out of 26 reviews on the US App Store. Mine just went up. Thanks for the reminder.

• Right now I have serious problems with AppStore but after that I will do a review for him

Especially after hearing the cry for musical enhancement 💪🏼 Awesome! So happy for that update

• You have to admit though ... it does kind of suck as a drum machine.

• _ki_ki
    edited January 2020

@david_2017 I am currently also experimenting with preset scales in my Mononoke Smart Tunings mozaic script - but didn't come up yet with a well-rounded solution :)
    My first approach used a root-note between F# and F for the lowest pad, an note-offset between the pads and a scale to be applied. Works, but not for all offsets or scales, and its not as musical as expected.

• @brambos Appreciate your work and own everything you design and publish. Looking forward to seeing what you can do about scale support of some kind :)

• 5 stars applied.

• Thanks good people! :)

• I tried to give it 10 stars but no luck. 5 stars will have to do

• I don't want preset scales, I don't think that would work with Mononoke, but having the ability to save your own pad/note presets independently of the synth presets would sure be useful.

• edited January 2020

@_ki said:
    @david_2017 I am currently also experimenting with preset scales in my Mononoke Smart Tunings mozaic script - but didn't come up yet with a well-rounded solution :)
    My first approach used a root-note between F# and F for the lowest pad, an note-offset between the pads and a scale to be applied. Works, but not for all offsets or scales, and its not as musical as expected.

Its a bit a 2 edged sword and I dont have the perfect idea... the thing is the two different synths.
    He could add some more pads for a special/Optional layout. 2 additional would open up the pentatonic.

Another idea would be if you increase the size of the window the pads become separated into different octaves (depending WHERE you tap your finger - I guess that wont work on midi MPE controllers)

Right now I am more approaching the minor chord method. Let’s say Am ( A C E) So I setup the pads with these notes in different octaves, maybe another one to add some 7th or other musical interest. I would welcome an additional scale keyboard thing layout sort of button ;)

Interesting that your idea is „not as musical as expected“... I am sure Bram will make this work though

• 1 star. This is the worst dating sim I've ever played.