Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mononoke : Expressive Drone Synthesizer

Comments

• While we wait, here's a short video of Mononoke fed through Eventide Black Hole ("Biggest reverb evar" preset).

• Beautiful sound. Can’t wait😂

• 😎😎😎😎😎

• @brambos said:
    While we wait, here's a short video of Mononoke fed through Eventide Black Hole ("Biggest reverb evar" preset).

This is exactly what I had planned to do first.😁

• @auxmux said:

@brambos said:
    While we wait, here's a short video of Mononoke fed through Eventide Black Hole ("Biggest reverb evar" preset).

This is exactly what I had planned to do first.😁

YUM

• @brambos said:

>

Can’t wait ... quick question ... if the key pads have some kind of controller function built it in, and if the key pads are not present in the AUv3 version, can the key pad function be simulated by sending MIDI CC messages e.g. on CC#74 or some MPE channel?

• @craftycurate said:

@brambos said:

>

Can’t wait ... quick question ... if the key pads have some kind of controller function built it in, and if the key pads are not present in the AUv3 version, can the key pad function be simulated by sending MIDI CC messages e.g. on CC#74 or some MPE channel?

The keypads are part of the AUv3 - as you can see in the video. And the MPE implementation replicates the behavior of the onscreen pads exactly (except it also adds pressure, which is wired to the LFO rate of the oscillator shape).

So it's just a matter of preference. Personally I think the onscreen controls may be even better than a physical MPE controller, but that's probably due to having fingered those pads for hundreds of hours while testing :)

• edited January 2020

@brambos said:

@craftycurate said:

@brambos said:

>

The keypads are part of the AUv3 - as you can see in the video. And the MPE implementation replicates the behavior of the onscreen pads exactly (except it also adds pressure, which is wired to the LFO rate of the oscillator shape).

So it's just a matter of preference. Personally I think the onscreen controls may be even better than a physical MPE controller, but that's probably due to having fingered those pads for hundreds of hours while testing :)

Ah cool ... it’s not clear from the video that it’s running as an AUv3 but that’s good to know :)

• @craftycurate said:

@brambos said:

@craftycurate said:

@brambos said:

>

Ah cool ... it’s not clear from the video that it’s running as an AUv3 but that’s good to know :)

Well, it's running inside a floating AUM window, and you can't do that with an IAA as far as I know :)

• edited January 2020

@brambos:
    it's hard to say from demos
    because all sound intune
    does it support somtehing like finetuning/detuning/free tuning
    going kwazy offgrid?

• @waka_x said:
    @brambos:
    it's hard to say from demos
    because all sound intune
    does it support somtehing like finetuning/detuning/free tuning?!

By default all voices are quantized to semitones, but you can switch that off and tune each voice freely for weird tuning scales or atonal chaos.

Additionally there's a finetune knob (+- 1 octave) for all voices together.

• edited January 2020

@brambos
    thank you!:)
    thats what I wanted and it's there...:)

• refresh refresh

• edited January 2020

@brambos said:

@craftycurate said:

@brambos said:

@craftycurate said:

@brambos said:

>

Well, it's running inside a floating AUM window, and you can't do that with an IAA as far as I know :)

Yah maybe, but it’s not a video showing the actual device running it with a disembodied hand floating and using the thing as AU plugin ...

• edited January 2020

@brambos said:

@craftycurate said:

@brambos said:

@craftycurate said:

@brambos said:

>

Ah so it is ... my bad 😎

• This is how a real thread should behave looking at you drambo

• ......please tell me you did the dismembered hand video lol.

• McDMcD
    edited January 2020

I was in a class at the Apple Store and I downloaded the new app and started playing with it in my AirPods. Nothing sounds quite like this one.

The keyboard feel is flat and glassy. Just the way I like 'em. No cables required.

At first I had MPE on as I dropped it into a Mozaic ready AUM project and didn't hear a sound. Once I toggle to MIDI 1.0 it took off. Can I generate MPE in Mozaic? Inquiring minds don't have a clue. RTFM?

I'm curious to see what sounds will be possible when I can spend more time. My wife told me to pay attention to the lecture.

We were learning some Video tricks. We made some skits using "Clips" and
    flash edits to make things appear and disappear. She's stoked with the IOS power.

Those Animoji's will go well with your music. I need to put some @Brambos magic behind some Luna Fusion videos. Not like @bedheadproducer. He's the friggin master of all media with IOS.

• J_BJ_B
    edited January 2020

Edit: resolved

• @J_B said:
    @brambos great work, enjoying the synth a lot. Any plans on adding midi CC for external modulations? Using the app ribn I’d like to modulate the up and down slide on the pads (velocity?) would make for very cool drones fading notes in and out.

I think it's already been said that the control is intended to be managed through the host mapping cc's to AU parameters.

2 small things,
    1.I think the tuning is off on the pads, I played bass with the app and note names were definitely off by a few notes

This was a bug. Fixed in a release today.

• Pretty sure the description for this synth is wrong, it is definitely designed for huge sub bases that you can manually wobble using the onscreen pads.

• @wim cheers for that, there’s no au knob for the pads functions though. Obviously with velocity being a separate function I suppose. I just didn’t know if it was possible to get a CC to control that. I could send midi LFO to velocity from my octatrack though so it’s within the realm possibility now still assuming hosts will pass through that information

• @J_B said:
    @wim cheers for that, there’s no au knob for the pads functions though. Obviously with velocity being a separate function I suppose. I just didn’t know if it was possible to get a CC to control that. I could send midi LFO to velocity from my octatrack though so it’s within the realm possibility now still assuming hosts will pass through that information

We're getting into hardcore MPE architecture here, but the Y-axis controls are transmitted via CC#74 in the MPE specs. You could modulate those, but you'd have to know which channel is currently controlling which voice. This is not fixed in the MPE concept (the MPE controller assigns a different MIDI Channel to a voice every time a new note is triggered) so that complicates everything tremendously.

• J_BJ_B
    edited January 2020

@brambos said:
    We're getting into hardcore MPE architecture here, but the Y-axis controls are transmitted via CC#74 in the MPE specs. You could modulate those, but you'd have to know which channel is currently controlling which voice. This is not fixed in the MPE concept (the MPE controller assigns a different MIDI Channel to a voice every time a new note is triggered) so that complicates everything tremendously.

Cheers

• Monoke + Perferator -= win

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Monoke + Perferator -= win

Jammy attempt at just such a thing

• Is there a way to get the pads and synth on the same screen at the same time? I’m sure there is, I just can’t seem to work it out.

• wimwim
    edited January 2020

@YourJunk said:
    Is there a way to get the pads and synth on the same screen at the same time? I’m sure there is, I just can’t seem to work it out.

What device and DAW? On an iPad you just need to get to full-screen mode or resize the window big enough. On iPhone, not possible.