Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mononoke : Expressive Drone Synthesizer

Comments

• @McD said:

@brambos said:
    I’m hoping to push the button on Saturday :)

Could you also push the Drambo button while your inside the iTune Store.
    I'm sure it's fine "as is". Readers of the Forum will thank you for putting an end to
    the suspense.

😂😂😂👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

• You’re the man, Bram. Thank you for everything you do.

• @brambos said:

Curious... why Saturday? Seems like Friday is when many are excited for the weekend... deciding if they're going to blow their expendable income on booze at the bar, or maybe justify another iOS synth app purchase, etc.

Not critiquing the choice of Saturday, but I figure many (like myself) will already be out doing something on Saturday and not paying so much attention to things like app purchases, and such.

Seems to be fewer eyeballs on social media streams on Saturday too.

Plus, if there's an issue with the launch, is it easier to get a message to appstore support on a Friday rather than a Saturday?

This isn't a critique, I'll likely get it regardless. Just wondering why you're shooting for a Saturday vs a Friday?

• Because I still need to finish stuff and prepare the launch (website isn’t done yet, press release to be written, etc) :)

• And I rather be a day earlier than promised than a day later ;)

• @brambos said:
    And I rather be a day earlier than promised than a day later ;)

Or 97 pages later

• @brambos said:

who knows, if Apple is on the ball today, maybe we could get it 2 days early!

• @brambos said:

Gotcha. Best of luck with the launch and congrats! :)

• edited January 2020

@brambos will we be able to easily midi map parameters of the synth to cc controls so we can refine the mpe sounds like butter? My dream is global pitch bend setting, and easily programmable cc74 and after touch controls. That holy trinity has been escaping the community for ages. And then if save states work in aum, oooweee that synth would be sounding even sweater. <3

• @sclurbs said:
    @brambos will we be able to easily midi map parameters of the synth to cc controls so we can refine the mpe sounds like butter? My dream is global pitch bend setting, and easily programmable cc74 and after touch controls. That holy trinity has been escaping the community for ages. And then if save states work in aum, oooweee that synth would be sounding even sweater. <3

All MIDI mapping is done via the host, that’s how it works for Audio Units.

• FWIW my update to spectrum got reviewed after 6 hours today, here's hoping :)

I think new app releases sometimes are slower though, plus sounds like there's other work to complete

• It’s a bizarre request. A video showing the app in action is apparently no longer enough for the reviewers; they now want a video showing the actual iPad and a dismembered hand starting and using the app.

As if they don’t believe the app actually runs on their hardware. Or something. I’m puzzled.

:|

• I had that with Spectrum once. The key part I think is the reviewer thinks there is "designated hardware" to pair the iOS device to in order to use the app. I was able to just tell them there is no additional hardware required and linked to a GarageBand guide for audio units

• @brambos said:
    It’s a bizarre request. A video showing the app in action is apparently no longer enough for the reviewers; they now want a video showing the actual iPad and a dismembered hand starting and using the app.

As if they don’t believe the app actually runs on their hardware. Or something. I’m puzzled.

Wankers!

• I kind of wish you had a Halloween dismembered hand to use for the video lol.... that would be awesome.

• @skiphunt said:

@brambos said:

Curious... why Saturday? Seems like Friday is when many are excited for the weekend... deciding if they're going to blow their expendable income on booze at the bar, or maybe justify another iOS synth app purchase, etc.

Not critiquing the choice of Saturday, but I figure many (like myself) will already be out doing something on Saturday and not paying so much attention to things like app purchases, and such.

Plus, if there's an issue with the launch, is it easier to get a message to appstore support on a Friday rather than a Saturday?

This isn't a critique, I'll likely get it regardless. Just wondering why you're shooting for a Saturday vs a Friday?

At least we have an estimate ... what’s another day? Saturday is fine, or Monday the following week etc. You know when it’s ready.

• edited January 2020

I had to go with the one that @McD put together.

Unfortunately my secretary wrote €99,900 on the check due to an administrative error.

Will post an video from a cruise ship once the excess cash has been returned via western union.

• edited January 2020

@brambos said:
    It’s a bizarre request. A video showing the app in action is apparently no longer enough for the reviewers; they now want a video showing the actual iPad and a dismembered hand starting and using the app.

They should be as smart as their devices are, at least. 😑

• WAIT

I got it

The reviewer watched the video thinking "ok, I hear the drone.. but I need to see the drone.."

• @iammane said:
    I kind of wish you had a Halloween dismembered hand to use for the video lol.... that would be awesome.

🤣
    If you could pose the hand to press with its middle finger...

• lol apple and their policies , ehh well thanks for trying to get er to us today!

• Damn youuuu Apple ✊🏻

• Possibly part of their recent effort to crack down on copies and fakes. Lots of apps with screenshots, videos, and ads of console and VR games that have nothing to do with the actual app.

• edited January 2020

@craftycurate said:

@skiphunt said:

@brambos said:

At least we have an estimate ... what’s another day? Saturday is fine, or Monday the following week etc. You know when it’s ready.

Oh, I’m not jonesin’ for another app right now! Still playing with recent purchases Continua, Playbeat, Looper, Pure Acid, various new video/graphic apps, new Apple Watch apps, etc.

Believe me, I’m in no rush for yet another new toy ;)

My question was purely out of marketing curiosity. I thought Brambos might have figured out that for some reason Saturday was a more effective launch day.

• edited January 2020

@skiphunt said:

@craftycurate said:

@skiphunt said:

@brambos said:

Oh, I’m not jonesin’ for another app right now! Still playing with recent purchases Continua, Playbeat, Looper, Pure Acid, various new video/graphic apps, new Apple Watch apps, etc.

Believe me, I’m in no rush for yet another new toy ;)

My question was purely out of marketing curiosity. I thought Brambos might have figured out that for some reason Saturday was a more effective launch day.

I guess I’m happy to have a fairly good estimate of launch date for this app :)

• Still not back in review (I think they put me at the bottom of the list again, or forwarded to another review team).

So just to manage expectations: I'm not expecting an early surprise launch.

;)

• Thanks for the info @brambos

@brambos said:
    Still not back in review (I think they put me at the bottom of the list again, or forwarded to another review team).

;)

• @brambos said:
    Still not back in review (I think they put me at the bottom of the list again, or forwarded to another review team).

;)

Pathetic. After all the years Au plugs are in the game. Poorest of the poor shows