Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mononoke : Expressive Drone Synthesizer

Comments

• @brambos said:

@reasOne said:
    i’m curtis will the au of this fella let us use the on board keys ?? cuz i feel those are pretty important to this things sound

Yes, the performance pads are part of the AU. Indeed, they’re essential for the product :)

excellent!

• Sweet... Bram’s like the UN of iOS synth dev... First he makes a fake Russian app (our beloved Kosmonaut) that emulates famous Japanese delays, now he’s making a fake Japanese synth that emulates a Russian hardware synth (Lyra).

The cycle is complete, now HE is the master...

🤪

• Hmm, which Japanese delay, just curious? Also, remember DFAM and Noir. Love Noir.

• @auxmux said:
    Hmm, which Japanese delay, just curious?

Space Echo would be my guess

• @brambos said:

I'm shooting for NAMM or around that time.

FYI: Winter NAMM 2020 takes place from January 16-19.

• This will be good. Bram wins NAMM.

• @jipumarino said:

@auxmux said:

Yea.. I know it’s not a clone but Space Echo... Kosmonaut... Kosmonauts are in space... They’re both green...

Therefore... A witch.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@jipumarino said:

@auxmux said:

Yea.. I know it’s not a clone but Space Echo... Kosmonaut... Kosmonauts are in space... They’re both green...

Therefore... A witch.

^^^ true story

• @brambos
    I went to Yakushima in 2009, the setting of princess mononoke. The thousand year old cedars, the fog, the moss, the mountains, the wildlife and the the whole eerie fairytale-like atmosphere fit perfectly with the sounds I heard in the demos.
    You should reconsider where the name of your new synth comes from. 😀
    Btw. I’m a brambos user since Hammerhead. Keep up your fantastic work.

• @MikeLee said:
    @brambos
    I went to Yakushima in 2009, the setting of princess mononoke. The thousand year old cedars, the fog, the moss, the mountains, the wildlife and the the whole eerie fairytale-like atmosphere fit perfectly with the sounds I heard in the demos.
    You should reconsider where the name of your new synth comes from. 😀

Awesome! I'll add Yakushima to the list of things to visit the next time I'm in Japan. Looks like it's right off the coast of Kyushu... should be an interesting trip!

• @MikeLee said:

HOLDUP

@brambos you made Hammerhead?? That was my first toe dip into music production when I was an early teen and got me hooked on all this in the first place... I didn't realize that was yours! Somehow even greater respect, thank you :)

• @burns_audio said:

@MikeLee said:

HOLDUP

@brambos you made Hammerhead?? That was my first toe dip into music production when I was an early teen and got me hooked on all this in the first place... I didn't realize that was yours! Somehow even greater respect, thank you :)

Yes, that was me in another century! :)

• edited January 2020

Oh my... I was recently thinking there wasn’t anything on iOS (that came to mind) that did something in the very general ballpark of DSI’s Prophet 12’s feedback feature. This sounds like it might be close enough. Wow, sounds intense! And love ❤️ the AniMoog style pads!

Maybe a whole new category of synth sounds has been created here. Would need to hear more. It seems like some combo of drone, lead, feedback, and pad. Maybe something like “leadrone”, “freqback”, or “groaning pad”? 😄

• Dammit @brambos // now I need this

• I’m not saying that those sound demos were hypnotic....

... but what is thy bidding, master? 😳

• I'm not even making music on iOS anymore, but I'll buy this as soon as it's out.

• edited January 2020

@AudioGus 🤣 verrry ghosty! (and ascary, too. It’s freaking me out, Scoob!)

• Nice user name!

@haulin_notes said:
    @AudioGus 🤣 verrry ghosty! (and ascary, too. It’s freaking me out, Scoob!)

• I've gotta reduce myself to internet-speak level

Dis gon b gud

• Seriously I can’t wait for this... gonna love it!

• Will the pitch bend settings be global and can I easily program it to play on the linnstrument? Will after touch be standard in the presets or will I need to do it myself like with Volt?

• How did I miss this?

Cash waiting!

• Are we there yet?

• @david_2017 said:
    Are we there yet?

i can’t wait!

• As usual your new app seems top instant buy
    Thanks you @brambos for your useful apps 👌💣🦾

• @david_2017 said:
    Are we there yet?

96 pages to go!

• I’m breathing heavily.

• Sets a reminder for NAMM so I don't open this thread. I think I read the Drambo thread 4 months ago, personal record.

• ashash
    edited January 2020

Perplex On is amazing!