Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hammerhead 25th Anniversary Edition - Out Now!

Comments

• edited June 2021

@brambos said:
    I'm not aware of any other iOS drum AU that lets you do this B)

Correct, and I’ve been waiting for someone to fill the gap! (It can be done with a MIDI sequencer and a sound source but not in one package so this saves time and lanes in AUM.) I have found variable utility in Bram’s apps but this one is pegging the meter on utility in my workflow. A+!

• @jolico said:

No offense, but I deleted the Ruismakers including Noir.

😳

I love them all. Especially Noir.

HH is great. Fun in spades. Just as described. But I will be keeping all the other ruismaker drums around as well :-D

• This is such a nice app. It’s great for layering breakbeats!

• @jolico said:

It's too early in the day for some heresy, brother :lol: :tongue:

• @klownshed said:

@jolico said:

😳

I love them all. Especially Noir.

HH is great. Fun in spades. Just as described. But I will be keeping all the other ruismaker drums around as well :-D

@senhorlampada said:

@jolico said:

It's too early in the day for some heresy, brother :lol: :tongue:

😂

• edited June 2021

I don’t know how many aging junglists are on here, but this app is SO SO SO good at cutting up and syncopating breaks and getting lost in a seratonin induced haze.

The four breaks are a good start, but for more check out blu martens jungle jungle sample pack. It’s free, the breaks load perfectly and it’s insanely fun to mess with the start point of samples and create jungle drumz.

https://blumarten.com/wp-content/uploads/Jungle Jungle - 1989 to 1999 Samplepack.zip

• @sevenape said:
    I do t know how many aging junglists are on here, but this app is SO SO SO good at cutting up and syncopating breaks and getting lost in a seratonin induced haze.

The four breaks are a good start, but for check out blu martens jungle jungle sample pack. It’s free, the breaks load perfectly and it’s insanely fun to mess with the start point of samples and create jungle drumz.

https://blumarten.com/wp-content/uploads/Jungle Jungle - 1989 to 1999 Samplepack.zip

Mid-90's junglist reporting for duty! Thanks for the pointer, will definitely check this out.

• Nice.. so where are the videos?

• @RajahP said:
    Nice.. so where are the videos?

I cannot copy and post now, but I saw one from Pete Sasqwax, the ones from Bram (instagram) and Nu Trix dropped an overview 1 hour ago :wink:

• Had to buy it on my phone because Ukraine vs North Macedonia is on my iPad at the moment, but I love this already.

• It’s great to see so much positive feedback so quickly. Need to buy this!

• @sevenape
    Nice
    Thanks for the link for the sample pack
    Like it a lot

Bram you done it again
    Money well spent
    Thanks again
    Already looking forward to giving you more money in the future

• Doug is on duty at 8pm GMT:

• Does anyone know if it also works on M1 Macs? Asking for a friend.

• @drcongo said:
    Does anyone know if it also works on M1 Macs? Asking for a friend.

I don't own an M1 Mac yet (just bought a new Macbook right before they came out) and I don't want to release untested apps. So not yet. :)

• @tk32 said:
    Doug is on duty at 8pm GMT:

Awesome! I should be able to listen in live

• @brambos said:

@drcongo said:
    Does anyone know if it also works on M1 Macs? Asking for a friend.

I don't own an M1 Mac yet (just bought a new Macbook right before they came out) and I don't want to release untested apps. So not yet. :)

Thanks @brambos, now put your feet up and pour yourself a well deserved cold one.

• Very nice groovebox :)
    Other than an external keyboard or the sequencer, is there a way to audition sounds when selecting them in the app?

• @brambos said:
    Here's a fun trick if you want to sequence Hammerhead patterns using an external controller or a sequencer:

• Load HH as an AUv3 into your host
    • Make some patterns, or load a preset with some patterns in it
    • Stop Hammerhead's internal sequencer (play button in the bottom bar)
    • Go to your host's keyboard or get your MIDI controller hardware
    • Trigger some notes in the C1-G1 (or C0-G0 in some hosts): instant pattern playback/clip-launching

I'm not aware of any other iOS drum AU that lets you do this B)

Drumcomputer can do this too, but it's very welcomed in HH :)
    HH has a great feel and is fun to play around with.
    Btw if you decide to put your pattern chaining logic mode from Rozeta in too that would also be great as mentioned above.

• edited June 2021

@senhorlampada said:

@RajahP said:

I cannot copy and post now, but I saw one from Pete Sasqwax, the ones from Bram (instagram) and Nu Trix dropped an overview 1 hour ago :wink:

Thanks..

• @Carnbot said:

Really? I thought you could only select patterns via note in, not actually play a sequenced loop like an arp.

• edited June 2021

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Carnbot said:

Really? I thought you could only select patterns via note in, not actually play a sequenced loop like an arp.

I'm not sure if it's exactly the same behaviour or how many modes DC has got, but when you press the correct key you can instantly change patterns but the timeline stays in place in the current pattern I think (like Ableton legato mode)....I haven't played with this in HH yet though :)

• @RajahP said:

It’ll take no more than 45 seconds to figure it all out, no need for videos :-D

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2021

I had a ruff and dirty jam. Man this app is just a case of pure fun. The levels are everywhere and it was just a few samples loaded in.

• @sevenape said:
    I had a ruff and dirty jam. Man this app is just a case of pure fun

Love that! Also great use of samples :)

• @brambos said:

@sevenape said:
    I had a ruff and dirty jam. Man this app is just a case of pure fun

Love that! Also great use of samples :)

Ha! Thanks man and thanks for the app!!

• @sevenape I've got an urge to watch that Good Lookin' documentary with Tony "Fahhhhhhkin'" Fordham on it now :wink:

Superb stuff and huge thanks for the sample pack link earlier!

• @PeteSasqwax said:
    @sevenape I've got an urge to watch that Good Lookin' documentary with Tony "Fahhhhhhkin'" Fordham on it now :wink:

Superb stuff and huge thanks for the sample pack link earlier!

HAH!! Thanks man! Just a mess around!!!

• @CapnWillie said:

@CapnWillie said:

@winconway said:

@RajahP said:

He won’t babysit anyone’s emotions lol but he definitely makes the best no frills, str8 lace no chase videos 🔥.

Looks great. Price is always right with BB apps. No reason not to buy it.

Can one mix/layer all engines or is the Sample engine allergic to the synth engine? If so, why?

Each channel can be synth or sample or built-in drum sounds independently