Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hammerhead 25th Anniversary Edition - Out Now!

Comments

• @gusgranite said:

@Gravitas said:
    I also have a question.

Can we double time or half time the patterns when synced to host?

I think you would need to multi out a channel to Bleass Slowmo app or whatever it’s called at the moment to do this.

I hear you.

If I slow mo'd it the timbres would change.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Couple questions/thoughts to anyone who can help…

1. Can you save an individual sound created using the drum synth? I see copy and paste. I can save a kit, but how to save just one sound created under, sounds, then under drum synth?

I changed the name in the box, which changed name in sequencer, but where is it stored?

Storing synth sounds isn't in there at the moment. I may consider adding it, but it's so simple to dial something in quickly that I didn't think it was necessary. The name-box is for relabelling the channel :)

1. Does anyone know if the pitch section in the sequencer moves by semitones or…?

Yes, those are semitones. In +/- 1 octave up and down.

• edited June 2021

@brambos said:

@Gravitas said:

No, it always sticks to the host tempo.

Yeah, I thought so.

What I was looking at, which Poppadocrock pointed out,
    was the steps per channel and at I don't think
    32 steps would be possible anyway.
    At initial look I had thought Chan.Config was to do with midi.
    Obvious mistake to make and I haven't had
    the chance yet to really read the manual.
    Well,... that's my excuse. 😏

Thanks for answering.

• Instabuy as is all @brambos Kit!

• Honestly, I haven't had so much fun with the music app for a long time. Just throw in breaks, set length + chokes, add triggers with start points, turn on mutator and try to get away from it.

The idea of combining classic drum machine with breakbeat chopper and drum synth is brilliant, feels like it has absorbed all the best from older Bram apps. After Pete Cannon videos I thought about buying the tracker but hammerhead already looks like 10x funnier and more rewarding. There is a strong feeling that you can destroy dancefloors till the morning only with a hammerhead.

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Made this within the past hour w // Hammerhead

Good god this app is deadly

Nice! 👍

• Congrats, Bram!

• @syrupcore said:
    Congrats, Bram!

+1
    Agreed.
    🙏🏽

• @brambos said:

@Gravitas said:

Although if you're using loops you can always increase/decrease the number of bars they're set to, which will obviously do the same thing on a per-loop basis

• @PeteSasqwax said:

@brambos said:

@Gravitas said:

Although if you're using loops you can always increase/decrease the number of bars they're set to, which will obviously do the same thing on a per-loop basis

Yup, I saw that potential as well.

Sometimes when using a very slow speed I like to use
    32nd's not only 16th's when using single shot samples.

• You can also use ‘sequence’ patterns to extend pattern length to up to 8 x 16.

• Yeah, you can always double the tempo and link 2 patterns together to get twice the resolution (the old hardware sampler trick)

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    You can also use ‘sequence’ patterns to extend pattern length to up to 8 x 16.

Yeah, I saw that as well.
    What I'm trying to do isn't possible.

My gosh, I must say it really is reminiscent of the original.

• Had a fiddle, I deliberately have not read manual, just dived in to check the intuitiveness. Great for diving straight in, but me being me, had to do something using a one drop :)
    Couple of things based on this vid, the glitch and mutate, do they take account of me using a 12 beat pattern, rhythm gets a bit odd in parts.

• edited June 2021

@brambos Every now and then it stops making sounds and I’m not sure if I’m hitting something that just turns it off. The kick in this video is coming from another HH instance, but I’ve had this happen twice now, once in standalone on my phone and again in NS2 on my iPad. The common factor is that both times I’d been trying to start a screen recording swiping down from the top right corner.

Edit: never mind, I think I’m just an idiot

• @drcongo said:
    @brambos Every now and then it stops making sounds and I’m not sure if I’m hitting something that just turns it off. The kick in this video is coming from another HH instance, but I’ve had this happen twice now, once in standalone on my phone and again in NS2 on my iPad. The common factor is that both times I’d been trying to start a screen recording swiping down from the top right corner.

Edit: never mind, I think I’m just an idiot

The patterns seem to be empty (no notes). Could that be it? :)

• edited June 2021

If anyone wants a masterclass in improvised techno i thoroughly recommend re-watching Doug's Hammerhead livestream from this evening.

About half way through he really gets into a flow, and everyone had a blast.

#Dougstep

• Congrats Bram! Happy Anniversary and many happy returns. Thanks for all your fantastic work. About to dive in to Hammerhead now for the first time since forever.

• @tk32 said:
    If anyone wants a masterclass in improvised techno i thoroughly recommend re-watching Doug's Hammerhead livestream from this evening.

#Dougstep

DougStep, love it 😂

• edited June 2021

A Brilliant blend of > @brambos said:

@Poppadocrock said:

1. Can you save an individual sound created using the drum synth? I see copy and paste. I can save a kit, but how to save just one sound created under, sounds, then under drum synth?

I changed the name in the box, which changed name in sequencer, but where is it stored?

Storing synth sounds isn't in there at the moment. I may consider adding it, but it's so simple to dial something in quickly that I didn't think it was necessary. The name-box is for relabelling the channel :)

1. Does anyone know if the pitch section in the sequencer moves by semitones or…?

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. Yea it is rather easy, but if I really like a sound I create/randomize and tweak, it would be cool to recall it, and then possibly use it in a future kit. Other then that I’m in love with this thing. Thanks again.

• edited June 2021

@Poppadocrock

If you make a nice sound with the drum synth, you could always store it by taking a screenshot.

Not ideal, i know, but this is roughly how recording studios used to recall their presets, with pen and paper, in the pre-digital era.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    A Brilliant blend of > @brambos said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. Yea it is rather easy, but if I really like a sound I create/randomize and tweak, it would be cool to recall it, and then possibly use it in a future kit. Other then that I’m in love with this thing. Thanks again.

Saving individual sounds and user samples would be cool. 😎👍🏼

• @tk32 said:

#Dougstep

Doug went IN!

@thesoundtestroom

• @gusgranite said:

@tk32 said:

#Dougstep

Doug went IN!

@thesoundtestroom

Yup, that he did.

I passed through nearer the end
    and I was like ‘yeah’...
    Earmarked to watch in full...

• @Obo said:
    Very happy camper right now!

Watch your volume, it’s loud

You could make an Art of Noise song with that loop. ;)

• edited June 2021

This is a great app, all the options for adding variety are great and fast… the song mode to play thru the sequences is lovely, plus the built in sequencer (every drum machine should have a sequencer ) just make this best in class. I love it.
    Solid just have app IMO

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • This is so much fun and so easy to get a beat going quickly

• Ok, so this might be obvious to everyone else. Especially those that have used Hammerhead before, but it just hit me that I can sequence the pattern changes with say, Atom 2, which of course could have multiple patterns of its own sequencing the Hammerhead patterns.

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Made this within the past hour w // Hammerhead

Good god this app is deadly

real nice 👍