Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hammerhead 25th Anniversary Edition - Out Now!

It's perhaps not a huge surprise, but with much pleasure I present the official launch of the 25th anniversary edition of Hammerhead Rhythm Station! :)

It is designed to capture the essence of the original: fun, playful and easy-to-master, but with a seamless integration in your plugin ecosystem.

Have fun!

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1568699989

Comments

• Congrats, man!

Not ready here yet but I keep smashing the refresh!

@brambos said:
    It's perhaps not a huge surprise, but with much pleasure I present the official launch of the 25th anniversary edition of Hammerhead Rhythm Station! :)

It is designed to capture the essence of the original: fun, playful and easy-to-master, but with a seamless integration in your plugin ecosystem.

Have fun!

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1568699989

• edited June 2021

No out yet in the UK...
    I’m surprised that after reading the manual yesterday this shark made me very excited. Didn’t know the original...
    Super neat solutions, beautiful interface (beautiful manual). 👍

Congrats and Thanks! :)

• The eagle has landed.
    Or should I say, the shark has surfaced

PS. Not showing up in the store yet

• Purchased! :sunglasses:

• LESSGO!!!

🦈 🦈🦈

• Woohoo!!!

• I should be sleeping… 😵

• got it ! lovely app as always ! thanks

• Awesome work, Bram. I love the selection of distortion algorithms, and the options for adding flavor to the beat.

• B)

Bos’ing it

• Will watch demos etc but is this intended for a certain style of music (EDM etc)? Just wondering what it offers/differs over different drum computers. Like most I have a slew of Brambos apps and tempted to buy just to support and play but would be interested to know your thoughts. Thanks.

• Sorry for off...
    After making almost everything in Drambo from scratch in the past months, defining usable ranges for my tweaky parameters is what I find the most challenging. On one hand one doesn’t want to limit himself unless necessary, on the other hand having usable sound at any state is sooo fun and rewarding...
    @brambos
    Is there a trick to it that you’re willing to share? How do you approach the topic generally?

• @NimboStratus said:
    Will watch demos etc but is this intended for a certain style of music (EDM etc)? Just wondering what it offers/differs over different drum computers.

No, not remotely. I don't even just use it for drums.

Essentially it offers various modes of use:

• library content;
    • user samples (one shots);
    • use samples (loops);
    • Drumsynth

If you have any use at a for triggering any kind of sounds and having them run on their own channel within an AU host, Hammerhead does that.

For me, it's literally indispensable.

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    Sorry for off...
    After making almost everything in Drambo from scratch in the past months, defining usable ranges for my tweaky parameters is what I find the most challenging. On one hand one doesn’t want to limit himself unless necessary, on the other hand having usable sound at any state is sooo fun and rewarding...
    Is there a trick to it that you’re willing to share? How do you approach the topic generally?

almost all of my knobs/controls have extremely non-linear mappings. I always map parameter ranges in such a way that the (less used) extremes are still available, but that the sweet spots are much bigger, so it becomes easier to dial in the best combinations of sounds. But these mappings are usually hand-coded combinations of power-functions etc.

• Bram it’s So fun - zero learning curve / instant beats. Love it - Thank you!

• @Proppa said:
    Bram it’s So fun - zero learning curve / instant beats. Love it - Thank you!

That's exactly what I designed it for (as that's what made the original so popular). I'm so stoked to hear that! :)

• @PeteSasqwax said:

@NimboStratus said:
    Will watch demos etc but is this intended for a certain style of music (EDM etc)? Just wondering what it offers/differs over different drum computers.

No, not remotely. I don't even just use it for drums.

Essentially it offers various modes of use:

• library content;
    • user samples (one shots);
    • use samples (loops);
    • Drumsynth

If you have any use at a for triggering any kind of sounds and having them run on their own channel within an AU host, Hammerhead does that.

For me, it's literally indispensable.

Wooooaah! OK sounds like another sale!

• Bought it :)
    One thing: It would be great to have a solo-button on a track to tweak the individual sounds (or i have not found it)

• @Identor said:
    Bought it :)
    One thing: It would be great to have a solo-button on a track to tweak the individual sounds (or i have not found it)

Long-press on the channel name/button does that. It's a bit hidden but it's there :)

• @Identor said:

Oh wait, It's long press

• @brambos said:

@Identor said:

Long-press on the channel name/button does that. It's a bit hidden but it's there :)

You just posted 1 sec. before i found it, haha

• It's very easy to get addicted to this 'thing', well done!

• This thing makes all other drum machines obsolete…. for me….

Others may have different opinions 😝

• Bought it 💪

• Tnx grandmaster!!!!💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻🔊🔊🔊🔊🔊

• edited June 2021

Congrats @brambos for the modern revival 😊👍🏼

@0tolerance4silence Yes, the patience to do these fine tunings and arbitrary parameter mappings using custom curves in Graphic Shaper etc. is what often seperates creators from users.
    Creators appreciate the toolset while users are often overwhelmed or just annoyed.

• edited June 2021

Hehe... nearly there myself... obsolete is a bit strong, but this will be my first to reach for for sure.
    Sounds great, super fast yet deep enough to cover 99% of use cases, seq is 10/10
    My only wish would be a way to trigger / preview sound.
    No FR on release day, but tomorrow... :D

• Refreshingly focused but still feature packed.

Would have been a shame to have a hole in my Bram Bos collection.