Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hammerhead 25th Anniversary Edition - Out Now!

1111213141517»

Comments

• edited March 29

Brilliant @circledsquare. The patch stays in the clipboard from one preset to another. Each AUM channel seems to have a separate clipboard (you can’t paste a patch from HH in one channel to a HH in another channel) but that’s not a big deal. Thanks!

• @lukesleepwalker said:

Maybe I misinterpreted the original ask but I want to be able to bring a full rack of sounds from one preset to another (separate the sound rack from the sequence). The feature you mention is for the drum synth only. Reading it again, we prolly are looking for different things.

Drumsynth and sample both have this. (For sample it is copy wav, paste wav, then change duration). But yes, you have to do 8 copy/pastes to copy a full kit from one preset to another. It is pretty fast though.

• @circledsquare said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Maybe I misinterpreted the original ask but I want to be able to bring a full rack of sounds from one preset to another (separate the sound rack from the sequence). The feature you mention is for the drum synth only. Reading it again, we prolly are looking for different things.

Drumsynth and sample both have this. (For sample it is copy wav, paste wav, then change duration). But yes, you have to do 8 copy/pastes to copy a full kit from one preset to another. It is pretty fast though.

It’s a quibble to ask for the whole kit, for sure. I’d love to be able to quickly change kits via MIDI in HH but I’m totally down with Bram’s less is more approach.

• Is anyone using a beatstep with HH? I was just given one and I’m thinking it could potentially be a great dedicated controller just for HH. Could map the encoders to control glitch, mutation, etc and volumes (no pans) plus 16 pads. I saw the previous midi controls but are there any for velocity, pitch, etc? Not sure if it’s possible to make a script to control the sequencer but that would enable an entire hands free experience. That would be super great to integrate into my live Loopy setup!

• I am asking similar question as the last one from @Lacerate and as the last one in other Hammerhead forum: Is there a way to automate pitch for each sound in Hammerhead with external sequencer? Actually, velocity is fine - just set the velocity on note you trigger. But with pitch it seems not to be possible. Actually also note length is not respected (seems like internally HH uses decay parameter and ignores note length).
    I have tried sending various MIDI CC and pitch bend on various channels but seems to not work. Also
    @brambos would it be possible to implement please? Either via MIDI or as an AU parameters, ideally both :innocent: Thank you!

• No, these are only accessible using the internal sequencer :)

• @brambos said:
    No, these are only accessible using the internal sequencer :)

Wishlist time!!!

Please please please let us use the built-in dynamics, saturation and glitching FX as AuV3FX.

Also, a delay/reverb inside HammerHead would be awesome.

• @jolico said:

@brambos said:
    No, these are only accessible using the internal sequencer :)

Wishlist time!!!

Please please please let us use the built-in dynamics, saturation and glitching FX as AuV3FX.

Also, a delay/reverb inside HammerHead would be awesome.

Funnily enough, this would be my 2nd request after being able to automate the pitch ;) I currently use HH especially because of how beautifully it distorts/saturates/compress the sound. Actually, I wouldn't need the pitch as I could use another sampler and just pass the sound through this effect.
    Or this could be an idea for another AU: I think there's a market for something like Reason's legendary Scream distortion - a combination of saturation, distortion, compressor, bit reducer, filter/EQ, delay/flanger, maybe a comb filter,...? Which is especially easy to use (various modes with only 2 parameters to tweak + eq).
    The only thing that's get's close is K-Devices Shaper, but it's still something different. HH somehow managed to balance the resulting sound that it simply sounds good :smile: Would be instabuy for me.