Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hammerhead 25th Anniversary Edition - Out Now!

1111213141517»

Comments

• @brambos said:
    No, these are only accessible using the internal sequencer :)

Wishlist time!!!

Please please please let us use the built-in dynamics, saturation and glitching FX as AuV3FX.

Also, a delay/reverb inside HammerHead would be awesome.

• @jolico said:

@brambos said:
    No, these are only accessible using the internal sequencer :)

Wishlist time!!!

Please please please let us use the built-in dynamics, saturation and glitching FX as AuV3FX.

Also, a delay/reverb inside HammerHead would be awesome.

Funnily enough, this would be my 2nd request after being able to automate the pitch ;) I currently use HH especially because of how beautifully it distorts/saturates/compress the sound. Actually, I wouldn't need the pitch as I could use another sampler and just pass the sound through this effect.
    Or this could be an idea for another AU: I think there's a market for something like Reason's legendary Scream distortion - a combination of saturation, distortion, compressor, bit reducer, filter/EQ, delay/flanger, maybe a comb filter,...? Which is especially easy to use (various modes with only 2 parameters to tweak + eq).
    The only thing that's get's close is K-Devices Shaper, but it's still something different. HH somehow managed to balance the resulting sound that it simply sounds good :smile: Would be instabuy for me.

• Hi @brambos Thanks a lot for Hammerhead!
    It‘s so much fun and so intuitive. Hammer! (as we say in german)

I have also some questions or suggestions, since I would like to explore the polymeter / polyrythm side of Hammerhead more.

1) Question: Is it possible to control via Midi the two parameters „divisions“ and „steps“ (in the channel configurator)? I would like to route those parameters to midi controller knobs, so I could tweak in realtime one or more channels to find new rythms on the fly.

2) Suggestion: Also in the channel configurator… would it be an idea to have a seperate lane with 16 fields for the steps, so you could directly point on field 2 for example and directly after this on field 13 without flipping through the values in between step 2-13?

3) Suggestion: Maybe another idea would be to have a button like the „Mixer“-button, which could be called „Steps“ for example. If you push it, a window opens, in which you can adjust the amount of steps (1-16) of the 8 drum channels at once. Maybe also just through vertical bars? There could be also a second page with the same layout, but only for the divisions–parameter.

Thanks a lot & have a nice weekend

• edited March 2023

I just dabbled into iOS music making and therefore try a bunch of apps right now. I gotta say hammerhead is not just a great sequenzer app, it's one of the most enjoyable apps on the whole @brambos !
    I'm missing only two features. Maybe they are there and I'm just too dull to find them:
    1. Occasionally I don’t want to use the sequenzer but record directly into something like loopy pro by finger drumming. I'm using the akai mini mkiii for mobile purposes. Can I map the sounds (bass drum, snare, hats, ...) to the pads? If you open hammerhead as auv3 and expand the keys, the sounds are all there, but spread across an octave, while bankA of the akai pads only covers the 8 semitones from c to g. I could reasign the pads in the akai editor, but it was way more convenient if I could map different sounds on the fly to certain pads as I need them.
    2. If 1. is solved, is there a possibility to record a pattern that I played with the pads into the sequenzer (like in ar909)?

Thank you for your help, this forum is a treasure!

• It's fairly easy to do this with a script in StreamByter or Mozaic. MIDI routing can be annoying if you're not working in an AUv3 host (like Loopy Pro). There may be other apps that specialize in note remapping.

I can do the StreamByter if you tell me the range of MIDI note numbers from the pads.

• Thank you so much for the offer @uncledave
    I think I will have a look at mozaic though and dive in a little bit.
    (Doh, I just wanted to speed up my practice routine a bit and now I'm 3 weeks in and play less and just fiddle with plugins ... on the other hand ... it's fun :-D)

• edited March 2023

@Mowag, OK. Anyway, I've attached the SB code. I assumed you meant c..g in standard Helmholz notation, MIDI 48..55. Easy for you to change if not. You can copy/paste this into a StreamByter window and Install Rules. I can suggest MIDI routing solutions if you're not familiar with this stuff.

• Is there a way to turn Hammerhead's transport on and off via MIDI and/or AUv3 parameter? If it is stopped, I can started by sending the MIDI to trigger a pattern. But I haven't found a way to stop the transport.

• @espiegel123 said:
    Is there a way to turn Hammerhead's transport on and off via MIDI and/or AUv3 parameter? If it is stopped, I can started by sending the MIDI to trigger a pattern. But I haven't found a way to stop the transport.

A single Note On to trigger a pattern will start the host synced transport. The corresponding Note Off will stop it. Between Note On and Off you can change patterns and switch patterns as usual. The only disadvantage is, that you cannot see the transport running like when you started the transport manually from within Hammerhead.

• @catherder said:

@espiegel123 said:
    Is there a way to turn Hammerhead's transport on and off via MIDI and/or AUv3 parameter? If it is stopped, I can started by sending the MIDI to trigger a pattern. But I haven't found a way to stop the transport.

A single Note On to trigger a pattern will start the host synced transport. The corresponding Note Off will stop it. Between Note On and Off you can change patterns and switch patterns as usual. The only disadvantage is, that you cannot see the transport running like when you started the transport manually from within Hammerhead.

I saw this in the manual and never managed to make it work. Have you successfully stopped a pattern using a note off?

• @Tentype said:

@catherder said:

@espiegel123 said:

I saw this in the manual and never managed to make it work. Have you successfully stopped a pattern using a note off?

This should work automatically when the playback state of the internal sequencer is off.

• @brambos said:

@Tentype said:

@catherder said:

@espiegel123 said:

This should work automatically when the playback state of the internal sequencer is off.

Is there a way to set the sequencer off or on via midi (or AUv3)? I have a use case where I want to be able to stop playback even if the sequencer got turned on.

• @espiegel123 said:

@brambos said:

@Tentype said:

@catherder said:

@espiegel123 said:

Is there a way to set the sequencer off or on via midi (or AUv3)? I have a use case where I want to be able to stop playback even if the sequencer got turned on.

I don't believe so. Sequencer on /off and per drum mutes are conspicuously missing from the exposed midi parameters.