Audiobus: Use your music apps together.
What is Audiobus? — Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.Download on the App Store
Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.
MIDI Tape Recorder released! (sample accurate, MPE, free and open source)
MIDI Tape Recorder is an open source Audio Unit v3 plugin with a radically different approach towards MIDI recording.
Get it here:
MIDI messages are recorded and played back with the same accuracy and precision as audio recordings. Most modern DAWs, even at their highest resolution, still change the timing of MIDI messages to accommodate for their editing features. These changes impact the playback of your performance as MIDI messages get reordered and delayed, causing changes in how they influence sound, sometimes in very significant ways.
MIDI Tape Recorder records your performance exactly as you play it, just like an audio recorder, accurately reproducing every nuance of your performance.
MIDI Tape Recorder purposefully has no MIDI note editing, no quantization, no individual CC tweaking, nothing that you wouldn't do with audio. Instead, very expressive and ultra-dense MIDI streams are perfectly stored and reproduced. MIDI Tape Recorder excels at capturing and playing back expressive performances with MPE controllers and MPE MIDI plugins.
The controls are purposefully simple and intuitive, similar to a traditional four-track audio recorder, making it fun to record, play back and loop your MIDI performance. Even when recording non-MPE MIDI, MIDI Tape Recorder makes it easy to stay in the flow and be creative without being interrupted by the technical nature of most DAWs.
MIDI Tape Recorder makes no sound on its own and requires an AUv3 host to function.
- Four independent tracks for recording MIDI channel voice messages
- Sample accurate MIDI recording and playback
- Real-time display of active recorded notes and other received messages
- MPE support
- Multi-level undo and redo
- Overdub recording
- Punch in and punch out recording for automated regional overdubbing
- Automated storage and recall of all recordings inside the AUv3 host project
- MIDI file import and export for the project or each individual track
- Repeated playback with start and stop locators
- AUv3 parameters for all controls
- Snap to beat option for positioning playhead and start/stop locators
- Detection of MPE configuration message (MCM) reception for each track
- Envoy of MCM at start of play or when pressing the track's MPE button
- Host transport and host tempo sync
- Clear all recordings or clear a single track
- Crop session to new duration
- Fully resizable UI
- Activity indicators for MIDI input and output on each track
- Optional tool tips for every operation
- Optional per-track record enable, input monitoring, and mute
- Four virtual MIDI cable inputs if the AUv3 host supports it
- Support for AUv3 user presets if the host supports it
- Optional routing of first virtual MIDI cable to all tracks
- Fully open-sourced under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International, an approved Free Culture License