Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The WWDC 2021 Thread! Post your Predictions, Wishes, Updates & More!

Comments

• It’s easy to forget that most people do not use the iPad for music production, and many people buy the iPad Pro just to have the nicest option. We’re a niche within a niche.

That being said . . .

I hope they release something to make porting desktop apps to iPadOS easier. Especially apps that are already optimized for m1. Of course ui will need to be optimized for touch, etc.

• edited June 2021

Just give me a decent FILES app that can preview audio files and works robustly across all apps and plugins.

I want just one shared folder of samples in future, please.

And make the damn iCloud folder sync on desktop work properly.

• Anything music production related at all... I want to believe

• @ion677 said:
    It’s easy to forget that most people do not use the iPad for music production, and many people buy the iPad Pro just to have the nicest option. We’re a niche within a niche.

I agree totally, and I’m definitely among those who use the iPad for more the music.

That being said . . .

I hope they release something to make porting desktop apps to iPadOS easier. Especially apps that are already optimized for m1. Of course ui will need to be optimized for touch, etc.

+1

@tk32 said:
    Just give me a decent FILES app that can preview audio files and works robustly across all apps and plugins.

I want just one shared folder of samples in future, please.

And make the damn iCloud folder sync on desktop work properly.

Agreed! Seems like very basic stuff that Apple has blatantly overlooked

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    Anything music production related at all... I want to believe

So do you think we may not be getting any music production news at all?

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@0tolerance4silence said:
    Anything music production related at all... I want to believe

So do you think we may not be getting any music production news at all?

I would like to see something mentioned, anything really, just so we can feel some love... I don’t think we’ll see big music related announcement, and tbh the things I’m looking forward to isn’t newsworthy for Apple this time around... under the hood optimisations, fixes etc.

Thought it seems timely for Apple to establish use case for the pro line... so something big may drop, not necessarily music, but generally.

• edited June 2021

I've not watched one of these before, it's quite a cultural revelation, all like 'neato' :D

• So far not interested in any of the IOS 15 features they're covering. Hopefully, there will be a separate section on iPad OS 15.

• Wishes: Logic Pro for iPad and new 16“ Macbook WITH touchbar!!!!!!!

• Considering that the Appstore is not down I suspect there's no new hardware at the event...
    Maybe I'm getting old but I'm NOT impressed with the 'presented' iOS15 features.
    I'm more interested in under-the-hood improvements...

• So far I find the updated Weather app the most exciting announcement. It's about time.

• @Samu said:
    Considering that the Appstore is not down I suspect there's no new hardware at the event...
    Maybe I'm getting old but I'm NOT impressed with the 'presented' iOS15 features.
    I'm more interested in under-the-hood improvements...

+1 I am maybe too old school and not that interested in all the social things everywhere, everytime.

• Wow... not related here, I just noticed that I can go full screen YouTube from Chrome again... game changer

• The photo text thing was quite neat apart from that it’s a yawn. It’s not the same show going virtual

• major lol at ipados widgets

• Multitasking and music apps could be neat.

• At least Ferrite from Wooji Juice got mentioned.

• Who else hates App Library? I wish I could disable it
    Kinda like those new multitasking options

• I slowly get the we will al get disappointed vibes 😬

• Well, the multitasking improvements are nice as is Quick Notes, but that's pretty much it.

• Organizing apps is a completely pointless and useless exercise. Just use search.

• Build apps for iPhone and iPad on iPad. But its not full x-code, or? What does that mean for music apps?

• Privacy options are getting a BIG boost, me like :)

• App privacy report is going to make interesting reading.

• @Clueless said:
    Build apps for iPhone and iPad on iPad. But its not full x-code, or? What does that mean for music apps?

Probably nothing, but it could if you can get to the C/C++ in the compilers.

• Sheesh. New iPadOS very light on features.
    No logic, no final cut, no Xcode, no external monitor support, no files improvement.

We already had split screen, why are they acting like this is new.

• @Clueless said:
    Build apps for iPhone and iPad on iPad. But its not full x-code, or? What does that mean for music apps?

I guess there will be many limitations but I’m very intrigued

• @Samu said:
    Privacy options are getting a BIG boost, me like :)

Me the opposite... the only privacy option I need is the ability to choose iOS / app version
    It’s becoming dealbreaker for me...

• @ion677 said:
    no external monitor support, no files improvement.

Or it wasn't important enough to make the keynote. They've only got so much time in the presentation.