Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SynthMaster 2 for iPad arrives: "no compromise" port of SynthMaster 2.9 VST/AU/AAX synth

Comments

• I’d like to stab at the beta, @kv331audio_bulent if it’s still open. Thanks

• edited June 2021

@Frank303 said:
    iPad mini 5 iOS 14.6 no crackles. Sometimes I get a key staying held down, like when you use hold, but I don’t have hold activated. Can’t pin it down yet, tried making a video after it happened a few times, but of course when recording it doesn’t occur.

The same, but only in standalone version. In Nanostudio all good so far.

This synth is extremely powerful. Amazing job @kv331audio_bulent !
    Looks like there is possibility to create drum loops from samples with big amount of playback control. Need to master this app and become a Synthamster :smiley:

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    I’d like to stab at the beta, @kv331audio_bulent if it’s still open. Thanks

Sure, please PM me your email.

• @krassmann said:
    4 LFOs, 4 ADSRs, 4 multi segment looping evelopes 😍

• 4 Sequencers per layer.
  • edited June 2021

@aleyas said:
    A bit confused by multisamples. Can we define ranges and root note for the samples? I watched the sound design video, the only spot I'm finding to use samples is in the additive oscillator, but that's for layering multiple samples right?
    Got 37 mellotron flute sample I'd like to throw in there and leave as is, except for extending the range of the lowest and highest samples. Is that possible?

Let me clarify this one. The wav files can be renamed in multiple ways:

1. with root note only:

c1.wav
    c2.wav
    c3.wav
    etc

In this case, while importing you have to create a new folder and name it with the multisample name.

1. with instrument name.root note:

vocals.c1.wav
    vocals.c2.wav
    vocals.c3.wav

1. with instrument name.root note.sequence number:

vocals.c1.1.wav -> velocity range 0-47
    vocals.c1.2.wav -> velocity range 48-95
    vocals.c1.3.wav -> velocity range 96-127

In this case, the entire velocity range 0-127 is divided into the number of sequences for that root note samples. Since we have 3 samples for root note c1, velocity regions will be for 0-47, 48-95, 96-127

1. with instrument name.root note.start vel.end vel:

vocals.c1.0.63.wav -> velocity range 0-63
    vocals.c1.64.95.wav -> velocity range 64-95
    vocals.c1.96.127.wav -> velocity range 96-127

• Speaking of multisamples, you can also import drum kits:

You don't have to have instrument name.root note renaming for your drum kit wav files. Instead, create a text file named DrumKit.txt as follows. The sfz will be created starting with MIDI note 36 (c2 I guess)

bass
    kick
    snare 1
    snare 2
    snare 3
    clap
    tom 1
    tom 2
    hihat
    cowbell

and your folder should contain those wav files. Example below:

bass.1.wav
    bass.2.wav
    clap.wav
    cowbell.wav
    hihat.1.wav
    hihat.2.wav
    snare 1.1.wav
    snare 1.2.wav
    snare 1.3.wav
    snare 2.1.wav
    snare 2.2.wav
    snare 2.3 wav
    snare 3.wav
    tom 1.wav
    tom 2.wav

In the above example

bass has 2 velocity regions
    hihat has 2 velocity regions
    snare 1 has 3 velocity regions
    snare 2 has 3 velocity regions

• @kv331audio_bulent on desktop there is a possibility to create your own Wavetables with waveforms you choose. Couldn’t find this feature on ios. Is this not there or didn’t I see it?

• @Jusch1995 said:
    @kv331audio_bulent on desktop there is a possibility to create your own Wavetables with waveforms you choose. Couldn’t find this feature on ios. Is this not there or didn’t I see it?

It's not on iOS yet. Hopefuly when we release SynthMaster 3 iOS it will have a proper wavetable + multisample editor.

• @Jusch1995 said:
    @kv331audio_bulent on desktop there is a possibility to create your own Wavetables with waveforms you choose. Couldn’t find this feature on ios. Is this not there or didn’t I see it?

This was something I missed in the Original Synthmaster One...
    ...so my work-around was/is to use something like this.
    http://scw.sheetsofsound.com
    (or finger-paint waveforms in the SunVox sampler)

And then chain all the frames into one *.wav file in Audacity (or Auditor on the iPad) and import the file into SM1 or SM2.

I'll likely be importing my own raw SY85 samples at some point...
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/667hobel8q69rfa/SY85_2021.zip?dl=0
    (Feel free to mess around with them as much as you like, they are already looped and ready to be abused).

I'm looking at a $10 price-tag for SynthMaster Two since I got SynthMaster One for $14.99 when it was initially released :)
    No biggie...

Hopefully we'll see some wave-table creation tools baked into the app at some point.

Cheers!

• edited June 2021

Is there a way to change BPM of sequences/ARPs when running the app in standalone mode?

• @israelite said:
    Is there a way to change BPM of sequences/ARPs when running the app I'm standalone mode?

I will fix the tempo textbox in the next build. Right now it is set globally under settings tab.

• edited June 2021

I don't know if I mentioned, but we will be releasing 150 fresh new presets as bonus content. (They include sampled content as well):

• @kv331audio_bulent said:
    I don't know if I mentioned, but we will be releasing 150 fresh new presets as bonus content. (They include sampled content as well):

Wow. This is good news. Yuli Yolo is the main reason I use Vital on the Mac. :)

• Anybody else having a lot of trouble with hanging notes if you use an controller in standalone mode? I had this problem before when using SM One and Factory. It goes away when I use it as AUv3, but it's so bad in standalone that it's basically unusable.

It happens very consitently, no matter what controller I use. In that regard if I can make a feature request: A panic button would be nice.

Also I don't have any troubles in other synths, just those three.

• @FloRi89 said:
    Anybody else having a lot of trouble with hanging notes if you use an controller in standalone mode? I had this problem before when using SM One and Factory. It goes away when I use it as AUv3, but it's so bad in standalone that it's basically unusable.

It happens very consitently, no matter what controller I use. In that regard if I can make a feature request: A panic button would be nice.

Which controller are you using to send MIDI messages? We might need to test with that controller

@FloRi89 said:
    Anybody else having a lot of trouble with hanging notes if you use an controller in standalone mode? I had this problem before when using SM One and Factory. It goes away when I use it as AUv3, but it's so bad in standalone that it's basically unusable.

Which controller are you using to send MIDI messages? We might need to test with that controller

I tried:

• The Launchkey 25 MK III
    • The Launchpad Pro MK III

Didn't have time for more, I'll try with my Cobalt 8X tonight, see if that makes a difference. If yes I'm going to assume it's a Novation thing, if not, I don't know. I can upload a private video on YouTube with a showcase and send you the link if you want.

• edited June 2021

@FloRi89 said:

I'm using it with Keystep 37 and the little Akai Pro wireless keyboard and have no problems with either.

• interestingly, I get almost no crackles on Air 4 when used as AU. Lots of crackles when standalone. With Mini 5, no crackles either way. Both on 14.6.
  • @ervin said:

@FloRi89 said:

I'm using it with Keystep 37 and the little Akai Pro wireless keyboard and have no problems with either.

• interestingly, I get almost no crackles on Air 4 when used as AU. Lots of crackles when standalone. With Mini 5, no crackles either way. Both on 14.6.

Yea I'm watchting the first video bei Doug, I think that's an Arturia Keystep and he didn't have a single hanging note so far, so I'm gessing something with the Novation hardware.

I did a quick test with the Cobalt 8X: Not a single hanging note, no matter how much I try. Switch to Launchkey: Hanging note after playing a few notes.

So I definitely something with the Novation hardware, but no idea what it is.

• Also while we are on the topic of hardware, I would have a feature request that you could consider if you like @kv331audio_bulent

I can pretty much perfectly map my Cobalt 8 to SM2 but there is only enough knobs for one layer. How about an option that Layer 1 & 2 use the same mapping but only for the one that is currently selected and active.

Don't know if that is complicated to make, but would be a great addtion (low on the list compared to bugfixing of course :D)

• @FloRi89 said:
    Didn't have time for more, I'll try with my Cobalt 8X tonight, see if that makes a difference. If yes I'm going to assume it's a Novation thing, if not, I don't know. I can upload a private video on YouTube with a showcase and send you the link if you want.

Video would be good, yes!

• @aleyas said:
    Will Synthmaster 2 be able to be loaded in the FX slot after future updates? That's my favorite feature of SM1, and was the very first thing I tried upon installing the beta.

+1

• edited June 2021

Is the ARP finished? The manual shows it in drum kit mode but in the beta it looks differently (in the same mode)

Sounds fantastic. Any ideas how large the initial download will be? I’m going to have to make room by deleting files. LOL.

• New interface is excellent. Really enjoying it.

• @auxmux said:
    New interface is excellent. Really enjoying it.

Agreed.

It feels much smoother to navigate than SynthMaster One.

In regards to how it sounds?
    Some of the presets alone are inspirational and the sound is lovely.

A really good addition to any iOS collection.

• Did made about 10 patches. Really nice and easy, it was really a joy. This will be easily the most complete synth on iOS and my goto.

Bugs I’ve found so far (sent them via TestFlight already) :

• there seems to be UI issues on the global FX Page. Some parameters like delay r/L are overlapping and unusable
    • keytracking knob on the filters are stuck and not really usable
    • sometimes the filter Jumps back to an other algorithm when trying to change a parameter

@kv331audio_bulent When I made the patches some workflow questions came to my mind:

• Noise is only possible to an Osc? Or is there a way to use 2 osc and a noise osc in the same layer? (Same goes for sub osc)

• there is only one sort of noise? In SynthMaster one you can choose between different types ( I guess you can use the algorithms to filter it but no pink noise etc.)

• are there no filter slopes on the main filters? I only see choosable slopes on the Filterbank.

There are workarounds for all of this, I just want to make sure I don’t miss anything.

• edited June 2021

I’m loving this. I’ve been a user and fan of it on desktop for years and this doesn’t disappoint.

If anything, I feel like the rejigged touchscreen interface is the most fluid it’s ever felt to program what is an extremely powerful and deep synth.

Excellent work on the port!

• @Jusch1995 said:
    Did made about 10 patches. Really nice and easy, it was really a joy. This will be easily the most complete synth on iOS and my goto.

• there seems to be UI issues on the global FX Page. Some parameters like delay r/L are overlapping and unusable
    • sometimes the filter Jumps back to an other algorithm when trying to change a parameter

@kv331audio_bulent When I made the patches some workflow questions came to my mind:

• Noise is only possible to an Osc? Or is there a way to use 2 osc and a noise osc in the same layer? (Same goes for sub osc)

• there is only one sort of noise? In SynthMaster one you can choose between different types ( I guess you can use the algorithms to filter it but no pink noise etc.)

• are there no filter slopes on the main filters? I only see choosable slopes on the Filterbank.

There are workarounds for all of this, I just want to make sure I don’t miss anything.

Ok I found out you can use an Modulator as an oscillator… super dope. But it only works for Modulator 1? Or can you use it also for Modulator 2/3/4?

• @Jusch1995 said:

@Jusch1995 said:
    Did made about 10 patches. Really nice and easy, it was really a joy. This will be easily the most complete synth on iOS and my goto.

Ok I found out you can use an Modulator as an oscillator… super dope. But it only works for Modulator 1? Or can you use it also for Modulator 2/3/4?

Edit: okay nevermind I found it you can use mod 1+ mod 2 as a source. Wow this is so cool. 2 Osc + Noise + sub on one layer 😍

• @Jusch1995 said:
    Edit: okay nevermind I found it you can use mod 1+ mod 2 as a source. Wow this is so cool. 2 Osc + Noise + sub on one layer 😍

With a single oscillator in Additive mode you can use 8 oscillators! you can mix waveforms, samples and noise.