Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SynthMaster 2 for iPad arrives: "no compromise" port of SynthMaster 2.9 VST/AU/AAX synth

Comments

• Gotta say, sounds great! I like the UI a lot more than SynthMaster One, and the ladder filter can really scream.

Great work! Looking forward to the release.

• Here's part one of my "sound design with SynthMaster 2 iOS" video series:

Topics covered:

0:09 Init Preset
    0:38 Browsing waveforms & samples for oscillators
    1:13 "Free" running oscillators explained
    1:30 Osc unison (voices) explained
    2:21 ADSR envelopes explained
    3:12 Copy & paste module (Osc) settings
    3:27 Changing pitch parameters easily from dropdown menu
    3:54 Oscillator pitch drift explained
    4:39 Connecting modulators to oscillators / other modulators inside the Layer Routing tab.
    6:20 How FM (Phase / Frequency Modulation) synthesis can be implemented with SynthMaster
    6:41 Creating new modulations by dragging & dropping modulation sources onto targets.
    8:16 Changing modulation amounts of parameters by long press
    10:03 Changing audio engine settings
    10:45 LFOs explained
    12:11 Assigning multiple module (LFO) parameters to (MIDI) modulation sources
    14:16 Sequencers explained
    18:53 Adding insert effects to layers
    20:41 Editing preset attributes
    20:56 Adding macro controls to current preset
    22:02 Saving current preset
    22:16 Sync user (preset) files with cloud
    22:41 Uploading user presets to public user library

• and here's part two of my "sound design with SynthMaster 2 iOS" video series:

Topics covered in this video are:

0:06 Finding & loading previously saved user presets
    0:34 Changing layer pitch
    0:48 Importing wave files (waveforms, wavetables or multi-samples) into SynthMaster from external sources (iCloud Drive, Files app, etc)
    1:27 Creating sub folders while importing wave files
    2:20 "Additive" oscillators explained
    6:19 Create new modulations for multiple (additive osc) parameters with MIDI modulation sources (velocity)
    7:52 Multisegment (MSEG) envelopes explained
    11:39 Layer Keyboard & Velocity zones explained
    13:03 "Wavetable" oscillators explained
    17:00 Adding global effects to the current preset

• @kv331audio_bulent said:
    and here's part two of my "sound design with SynthMaster 2 iOS" video series:

0:48 Importing wave files (waveforms, wavetables or multi-samples) into SynthMaster from external sources (iCloud Drive, Files app, etc)
    6:19 Create new modulations for multiple (additive osc) parameters with MIDI modulation sources (velocity)

Great videos :) it’s insane what this synth is capable off.

• Thanks I'll watch those video to start my own SM2 journey :D. Looking very much forward to that.

• edited June 2021

@kv331audio_bulent - Did Apple approve the beta build? I've not heard about beta testing - DM'd on 22nd May - thanks!

• @enkaytee said:
    @kv331audio_bulent - Did Apple approve the beta build? I've not heard about beta testing - DM'd on 22nd May - thanks!

Beta is now online 👌

• Oh boy! What a deep dive! Thanks! 👊🏼🙃

• Beta out let’s dive in looks next gen for iOS great stuff.

• The latest beta approved is v0.9.5. I also submitted v0.9.6 after shooting the tutorials, found a couple more issues. Still have a list of known issues, will mention them in future builds.

Our goal is to release at the end of the month, during MusicRadar's GearExpo event.

The latest beta approved is v0.9.5. I also submitted v0.9.6 after shooting the tutorials, found a couple more issues. Still have a list of known issues, will mention them in future builds.

Our goal is to release at the end of the month, during MusicRadar's GearExpo event.

Looks fantastic already. You said that you’d prefer bug reports here or via DM because the TestFlight system isn’t working for you, correct?

• Looks fantastic already. You said that you’d prefer bug reports here or via DM because the TestFlight system isn’t working for you, correct?

TestFlight is working, so you should be able to send issues through that channel. You can DM me as well.

• @enkaytee said:

Just got the invite - thanks!

Looks fantastic already. You said that you’d prefer bug reports here or via DM because the TestFlight system isn’t working for you, correct?

TestFlight is working, so you should be able to send issues through that channel. You can DM me as well.

Wilco

• 4 LFOs, 4 ADSRs, 4 multi segment looping evelopes 😍

• edited June 2021

@Jusch1995 said:

@enkaytee said:

Beta is now online 👌

Woww, I just saw mail.

• After playing around with it for an hour I have to say this thing is literally insane. It has a learning curve but the possibilitys are endless… it also looks and feels a lot smoother than SynthMaster one, which is definitely a lot easier to dial in.

Does anyone have random crackle noises? I’m on the new m1 iPad and it seems to crackle sometimes but it can’t be reproduced.

• edited June 2021

I imported wav sample but it seems it’s not looped. Tried default wav samples too but they are not looping.
    Am I missing something.

• @Aklibs said:
    I imported wav sample but it seems it’s not looped. Tried default wav samples too but they are not looping.
    Am I missing something.

Could you please send me those wav files so I can test? SynthMaster definitely reads loop points fro WAV headers.

• @Jusch1995 said:
    Does anyone have random crackle noises? I’m on the new m1 iPad and it seems to crackle sometimes but it can’t be reproduced.

I get the crackles on my new iOS 14.5 M1 iPad 11. But the older iPad Pro 10.5 with iOS 13.5 works fine.

• Sounds really good so far, I’ve only skimmed the surface so far so I can’t wait until I can do a deep dive on everything

• edited June 2021

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@Jusch1995 said:

I get the crackles on my new iOS 14.5 M1 iPad 11. But the older iPad Pro 10.5 with iOS 13.5 works fine.

Same here. Using almost any app in standalone and holding a note or chord causes crackles after a few seconds, including SM One and the new SM2 beta.

My guess is the iPad is switching to higher power cores midway through playback and causing a hiccup in the audio.

I have the same device as Bulent - but mine is on 14.6

• Will Synthmaster 2 be able to be loaded in the FX slot after future updates? That's my favorite feature of SM1, and was the very first thing I tried upon installing the beta.

@Jusch1995 said:

I get crackles using the beta on Air 4, no crackles on Mini 5, both are on the latest iOS. By the way, the same is true for Synthmaster Player.

@Jusch1995 said:

I also get the crackles once in a while. iPad Pro 11 16GB 1TB.

@Aklibs said:
    Am I missing something.

Could you please send me those wav files so I can test? SynthMaster definitely reads loop points fro WAV headers.

It worked now, last time I imported sample that didn’t have loop points. It seems Inbuilt samples don’t have loop points cuz they don’t loop. Anyway great design, I really liked the UI.

• edited June 2021

@kv331audio_bulent Thanks. Diving into it!
    Getting some stuck notes (when jumping between layers and switching them on/off) and can not find midi panic button. Where is it?

• A bit confused by multisamples. Can we define ranges and root note for the samples? I watched the sound design video, the only spot I'm finding to use samples is in the additive oscillator, but that's for layering multiple samples right?
    Got 37 mellotron flute sample I'd like to throw in there and leave as is, except for extending the range of the lowest and highest samples. Is that possible?

• iPad mini 5 iOS 14.6 no crackles. Sometimes I get a key staying held down, like when you use hold, but I don’t have hold activated. Can’t pin it down yet, tried making a video after it happened a few times, but of course when recording it doesn’t occur.

• edited June 2021

@kv331audio_bulent said:
    and here's part two of my "sound design with SynthMaster 2 iOS" video series:

I didn’t particularly like the sound of the sample demonstrated, but this is going to be an absolute dream for sound designers.