Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SynthMaster 2 for iPad arrives: "no compromise" port of SynthMaster 2.9 VST/AU/AAX synth

Comments

• @kv331audio_bulent said:

@Gravitas said:

• in AUM, maximising the SM window displays a black area on the right side -
      Both screenshots are from Air 4, latest iOS. On Mini 5, only the second problem can be reproduced, the blue UI works properly there.

I will look into this, but let me reiterate this once more: it is not easy at all to support variable screen sizes. So far we edited 7 different layouts in 4 different skins : 28 variations.

Thank you, @kv331audio_bulent . I'm sure it isn't easy. I'm just reporting the issue as part of earning my keep as your beta tester. :) OTOH, it is also true that this SM2 beta is the only app I have ever seen display this AU resize issue, and that includes your own other apps for ios.

Good luck with the finalisation of the release! Looking forward to the app.

@Gravitas said:

Both screenshots are from Air 4, latest iOS. On Mini 5, only the second problem can be reproduced, the blue UI works properly there.

It seems to have misquoted.

My idevices are an 9’7” iPad Pro, iOS 13.4
    and an Air 3, iOS 14.4

I will look into this, but let me reiterate this once more: it is not easy at all to support variable screen sizes. So far we edited 7 different layouts in 4 different skins : 28 variations.

Agreed in regards to it not being easy.

The black border issue is
    also on Synthmaster One
    something I had reported
    on the public beta for that.
    When maximised as much as possible
    the black border disappeared.
    It’s a similar thing with Synthmaster Two.
    It’s actually not that big issue.

The crackles etc in standalone
    on the other hand is.
    I tend to use Synthmaster Two
    hosted as an auv3 and when organising presets I use it standalone.

• @Gravitas said:
    on the other hand is.

So far I couldn't find the root cause for this. Does'nt happen with my older iPad Pro, but happens on the new M1 iPad Pro.

• edited June 2021

@ervin said:
    Thank you, @kv331audio_bulent . I'm sure it isn't easy. I'm just reporting the issue as part of earning my keep as your beta tester. :) OTOH, it is also true that this SM2 beta is the only app I have ever seen display this AU resize issue, and that includes your own other apps for ios.

Could you possibly give me examples of other apps that can resize dynamically ? So that I can take a look. Thanks!

@Gravitas said:
    on the other hand is.

So far I couldn't find the root cause for this. Does'nt happen with my older iPad Pro, but happens on the new M1 iPad Pro.

Updated to the most recent beta on both idevices.

Both set to 44.1kHz, buffer 256 samples in standalone.

The crackles have stopped on the Air 3.
    The crackles are still there on the ipad pro as well as hung notes.

However I changed the buffer setting on the ipad pro from
    256 to 512 samples and then back again and the crackles stopped though
    there is still a delay between the note being played and the actual sound.

I closed Synthmaster Two on the ipad pro and started
    it up again and there was no sound.
    Changed the buffer setting and the crackles stopped.
    I closed SynthMaster Two again, restarted and the crackles reappeared.
    Changed the buffer setting and it stopped which points to a possible
    problem with the buffer settings???

Another thing and this is a 'UI' issue.
    The midi ports sometimes appear blank until pressed
    when using the dark skin on the iPad Pro.
    When they are not selected the user cannot see them.
    Perfectly okay on the Air 3.

Here’s a screenshot from the iPad Pro.

• So how many presets are we talking about with the Synthmaster 2 + Desktop Presets Upgrade IAP?

Will it be possible to transfer presets from iOS Syntmaster Player (IAPs) and iOS Synthmaster One (IAPs) to iOS Syntmaster 2?

Will the bundle be ready on release day or at a later date?

Looking forward to the release...
    Cheers!

• edited June 2021

@Samu said:
    So how many presets are we talking about with the Synthmaster 2 + Desktop Presets Upgrade IAP?

Will it be possible to transfer presets from iOS Syntmaster Player (IAPs) and iOS Synthmaster One (IAPs) to iOS Syntmaster 2?

Cheers!

SynthMaster 2 comes with 850 presets. When you complete registration you get an extra 100 presets by NatLife and Yuli Yolo.

Desktop Preset Upgrade increases the total number of factory presets to 1950. will be available at release day at intro price of $4.99

All Presets Bundle adds 2000 presets in all 32 SynthMaster expansions. will be available at release day at intro price of $39.99

SynthMaster One is a separate synth, therefore presets are not transferable to SynthMaster 2. Hopefuly in SynthMaster 3 we will add functionality for that.

Transfering IAPs from SynthMaster Player -> SynthMaster 2 ? We will try to implement that as well, as long as you register with us in both apps with the same email address. But right now it is not available yet.

• @Gravitas said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@Gravitas said:

It seems to have misquoted.

My idevices are an 9’7” iPad Pro, iOS 13.4
    and an Air 3, iOS 14.4

Agreed in regards to it not being easy.

The black border issue is
    also on Synthmaster One
    something I had reported
    on the public beta for that.
    When maximised as much as possible
    the black border disappeared.
    It’s a similar thing with Synthmaster Two.
    It’s actually not that big issue.

on the other hand is.

The black border is definitely present in synthmaster 1 on an 11" ipad pro 3rd gen but it's narrower than the one in synthmaster 2 so I'd never really noticed it before. As it is, now I've seen it, I can't 'not see' the border in SM2...but in the scheme of things and given the overall awesomeness of this synth I'm willing to forgive it...👍

Transfering IAPs from SynthMaster Player -> SynthMaster 2 ? We will try to implement that as well, as long as you register with us in both apps with the same email address. But right now it is not available yet.

Good to know...

I've got a bunch of iOS SynthMaster Player IAPs I've gotten over the years and always wanted to tweak them a little more than what the iOS SynthMaster Player UI allows so knowing that work is being done to get them into iOS SynthMaster 2 gives me some peace of mind :)

All my SM apps are registered using the same e-mail in the respective apps...

Thanks for the Info, appreciated!
    /Samuel

@Samu said:
    So how many presets are we talking about with the Synthmaster 2 + Desktop Presets Upgrade IAP?

Cheers!

SynthMaster 2 comes with 850 presets. When you complete registration you get an extra 100 presets by NatLife and Yuli Yolo.

Desktop Preset Upgrade increases the total number of factory presets to 1950. will be available at release day at intro price of $4.99

All Presets Bundle adds 2000 presets in all 32 SynthMaster expansions. will be available at release day at intro price of $39.99

SynthMaster One is a separate synth, therefore presets are not transferable to SynthMaster 2. Hopefuly in SynthMaster 3 we will add functionality for that.

Shut up and take my money, lol. O.K, jokes aside, I think what you will get there for less then 100$ is pretty amazing. I had went through the presets that you provide including the IAPs and that is probably everything that one might ever need from a snyth.

• @FloRi89 said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@Samu said:

Cheers!

Shut up and take my money, lol. O.K, jokes aside, I think what you will get there for less then 100$ is pretty amazing. I had went through the presets that you provide including the IAPs and that is probably everything that one might ever need from a snyth.

Yes this offer is literally insane value, not even funny.

@ervin said:

Could you possibly give me examples of other apps that can resize dynamically ? So that I can take a look. Thanks!

Sure: Continua is probably the best example I got, but also DRC, Lagrange, Aparillo, etc. They don't all do it the same way, but each does it in a way that it doesn't look like there might be an issue with the UI.

• @ervin said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@ervin said:

Sure: Continua is probably the best example I got, but also DRC, Lagrange, Aparillo, etc. They don't all do it the same way, but each does it in a way that it doesn't look like there might be an issue with the UI.

Poison-202 scales pretty decently as well.
    Apps that do not heavily rely on bitmap graphics tend to scale a lot better than those that do...

All presets bundle means 2000 presets on the top of 1950?

@Gravitas said:
    on the other hand is.

Last night I couldn’t hold on it any longer - I installed iPadOS15 beta 1 on my iPad Pro 12.9” M1 - the result? Synthmaster 2 beta 0.98 in stand alone no longer produces audio crackles!!

Will install todays beta 0.99 and see if it still gone forever…
    I’ll be back…

• @GLacey said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

Yes so if buy both you land just over 4.000 presets:

And you thought the more then 1800 presets you get with SM1 is a lot:

And from trying those, the quality seems to be quite exceptional. No sane person would need more presets, but of course we will continue to buy more synths. Lol.

• @FloRi89 said:

@GLacey said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

Yes so if buy both you land just over 4.000 presets:

And you thought the more then 1800 presets you get with SM1 is a lot:

And from trying those, the quality seems to be quite exceptional. No sane person would need more presets, but of course we will continue to buy more synths. Lol.

Awesome! It’s preset players’ (like me) heaven!🤪 Can’t wait to get it!

• edited June 2021

@kv331audio_bulent said:

Dear @kv331audio_bulent,

• What will be the regular price for "All Presets Bundle" after release day?
    • Is there a chance that "All Presets Bundle" appear on future sales in the same $39.99 price?
    • Is the release date already known? :)

Thanks in advance and kind regards

• @dakti said:
    Dear @kv331audio_bulent,

• Is there a chance that "All Presets Bundle" appear on future sales in the same $39.99 price?

Release day is hopefuly in 2 days (Wednesday)

Regular price of All Presets Bundle will be $69.99, and yes it will be discounted in future sales as well. We usually discount expansions 30%-50% OFF during sale periods, and once a year we have $4/expansion sale (usually November, this $4 is for desktop expansions, their regular price is $15 and they can be downloaded on to our iOS apps)

• Am I the only one not getting the browser button to work? I can open the preset browser window but the button stays lit and nothing happens when I want to close it and return to the main synth page. Both SM1 and SM2 miss an ”x” in the upper right corner for closing this particular window.

Ipad 2018, iPadOS 14.6, SM2 0.9.9

Regards,
    DMfan🇸🇪

• edited June 2021

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@dakti said:
    Dear @kv331audio_bulent,

Release day is hopefuly in 2 days (Wednesday)

Regular price of All Presets Bundle will be $69.99, and yes it will be discounted in future sales as well. We usually discount expansions 30%-50% OFF during sale periods, and once a year we have $4/expansion sale (usually November, this $4 is for desktop expansions, their regular price is $15 and they can be downloaded on to our iOS apps)

Thank you @kv331audio_bulent for quick answer.

The alarm clock is already set :) I'm totally sold to buy Synthmaster 2 with with Desktop Presets Upgrade. However with "All Presets Bundle" I'll wait maybe for Christmas time to make a gift myself and enjoy again o:) Countdown started tick, tock tick, tock,..

EDIT: I checked if the Synthmaster 2 appeared in the AppStore. At first I thought "Yes, it is !!! :)" but when I look closer, although it also has a keyboard, it turned out it's something else, too simple ;) B) :D

• Oh, boy. This is going to kill my iPad Pro*, but I just bought it.

(*No more storage!)

• Am I the only one to experience crackles every 10 seconds ?
    I am on iPad Pro M1 12.9’’.
    I think it may be related to the Apple USB-C > jack adapter but I am not sure of that.
    Thanks.

• edited June 2021

So I bought SM1 - don’t remember what I paid. I think 10-15$ — SM2 is showing at 20.99$ Canadian in App Store(14.99 US). Should I be able to get for less than 20.99? Or is that the right price?

Edit. I checked and I paid full price for sm1 - so reading back on this thread I think I get sm2 free... but how? Does a bundle need to be added yet?

• Think I will grab both desktop and iOS..

Congrats..

Such great sounds…

• edited June 2021

Utterly fantastic!

Quick question - as a Desktop Everything person, am I right in thinking that entering my reg number will download all the available patches, or is there another IAP I need to buy?

Going to Browse, then Online, after having entered my serial downloads around 50 patches then tells me this:

Quitting the dialogue, then doing Local then Online again reports no internet connection, which I have. (2017 iPad Pro 12.9, iOS 14.7, 25GB free space).

I’m guessing the servers are being hammered - would I be better off trying again tomorrow?

Again, superb port. I’m delighted!

• @kv331audio_bulent Purchased but cant seem to register with my desktop serial.
    I can log in with same credentials to website and have copied the serial from my desktop to check its the same.

Clicking on the register button starts the whirl but nothing seems to happen.

On 7Jun i changed my user email and got updated serials via email. Weirdly the serial in the email is different to the serial in the SynthMasterLicenceKey.txt.

I've tried adding both to the register box with new email and userName as per the licence.