Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SynthMaster 2 for iPad arrives: "no compromise" port of SynthMaster 2.9 VST/AU/AAX synth

Comments

• @kv331audio_bulent said:
    I think I know the reason for that. Since we haven't updated the desktop version yet, it has a lower version compared to iOS right now. and because of that version difference, presets with higher versions don't show up on the preset browser. This will be resolved when we update the desktop version as well.

Ah ha. I wondered if it might be something like that. Good to hear.

Thanks.

• Dear @kv331audio_bulent ,
    Is it still possible to onboard the beta program ? I sent you a private message with my email address some days ago but get no answer. No problem if it’s closed :smile:
    Thanks !

• edited June 2021

The size is a bit off, as in TestFlight give a size of 889.1 MB, not 700. iPad storage gives installed size of 930 MB. No IAP’s installed.
    TestFlight:

iPad storage:

• Ableton Link isn’t displaying properly.

Screenshot

Stand-alone using an external audio interface set at 44.1Khz with a buffer of 256 samples.

Crackles with a delay between pressing a note and the sound being heard.

Instantiated as auv3 in AUM and Drambo with same sample rate and buffer size?

No crackles.

iPad Air 3, iOS 14.4

• @Frank303 said:
    The size is a bit off, as in TestFlight give a size of 889.1 MB, not 700. iPad storage gives installed size of 930 MB. No IAP’s installed.
    TestFlight:

iPad storage:

Big size is most probably because of all the presets being already included in the test build (ca. 4000). If you don't see the presets you need to "buy" them from inside the app. Beta testers are not charged for this. Have fun :smile:

• @israelite said:
    Big size is most probably because of all the presets being already included in the test build (ca. 4000). If you don't see the presets you need to "buy" them from inside the app. Beta testers are not charged for this. Have fun :smile:

Partially true. All factory waveforms wavetables and samples are in the test build + 850 presets. IAP content is downloaded and installed when user purchases them.

• We released our v0.9.8 update last night, close to an official release next week:

We released our v0.9.8 update last night, close to an official release next week:

Wow what an amazing design :) thanks for listening and bringing those awesome styles to the iOS version. Can’t wait to throw my money at the App Store.

• Looks good :)
    Sound and feature wise this synth deserves a spot as top3ios. My only criticism (based on v1) is the knob response / feel. I personally find it very difficult to dial in values I want, and hope to see improvements there.

• @kv331audio_bulent The new skin looks very nice :)

But i noticed a small visual glitch that is even visibile in the above screenshot: If loading a new preset and pitchbend and/modwheel was moved before, you‘ll get two light-blue indicators on these controls (instead of just one showing the current position). When touching the PB or MW control, the ‚bad‘ indicator is removed :)

• Hey!

Will there be some kind of discount for the Expansions Bundle as I already have many of them, presets 2.9 for example, bought in the Synthmaster Player store? I use only one Apple ID.

Sent beta feedback on the hanging notes issue when using Novation controllers.

Regards,
    DMfan🇸🇪

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    Looks good :)
    Sound and feature wise this synth deserves a spot as top3ios. My only criticism (based on v1) is the knob response / feel. I personally find it very difficult to dial in values I want, and hope to see improvements there.

Yes I notice this too. 2 things, it’s hard to do carefull/gentle moves, and two, there tends to be a delay before the move registers, so the knob ‘jumps’ a big notch instead of smoothly starting. So, you touch the button, start to move and it doesn’t register until you move more and then jumps to the position.
    Indeed a top synth!

• @DMfan said:

Will there be some kind of discount for the Expansions Bundle as I already have many of them, presets 2.9 for example, bought in the Synthmaster Player store? I use only one Apple ID.

Unfortunately Apple doesn't allow something like that. We'll see what we can do about prior Player iOS purchases.

• I LOVE SYNTHMASTER 2 FOR iPAD! FUCKIN' GREAT!

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    I LOVE SYNTHMASTER 2 FOR iPAD! FUCKIN' GREAT!

Thank you <3

• @kv331audio_bulent That skin is fantastic!!

• @soundtemple said:
    @kv331audio_bulent That skin is fantastic!!

+1

• @kv331audio_bulent new skin is lovely, though for the sake of perfection just want to point out that the hold button seems low res.

@ErrkaPetti said:
    I LOVE SYNTHMASTER 2 FOR iPAD! FUCKIN' GREAT!

Thank you <3

Yeah, although there’s a lot of supergreat synths on iOS/iPadOS (Korgs, Nanostudio2 internal, Moogs, Drambo, LayR, Zeeon, Poison202 etc etc) - it’s Synthmaster One, and now, Synthmaster 2 beta that suits me best, sounds supergreat - can’t put my finger on any specific, but, Synthmaster is like the dreamgirl of my life 😂😂😂😎😎😎❤️❤️❤️

• @Jusch1995 said:
    After playing around with it for an hour I have to say this thing is literally insane. It has a learning curve but the possibilitys are endless… it also looks and feels a lot smoother than SynthMaster one, which is definitely a lot easier to dial in.

Does anyone have random crackle noises? I’m on the new m1 iPad and it seems to crackle sometimes but it can’t be reproduced.

All of a sudden I’ve got this crackle too on my 12.9” M1 (celluar)…?

Anybody else here that has some crackle with M1-iPads?

The crackles are very random, not easy to reproduce…

Overall - Synthmaster 2 on iPad Pro is real addiction! Can’t leave it for more serious work (painting the house, vacuumcleaning, check the mess in the garage/storagehouse) 😂😂😂

• @ErrkaPetti said:

Yes, I reported this issue to Apple as well. At buffer size 2048 + iOS 14.6 it is much better, but still in there.

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@Jusch1995 said:
    After playing around with it for an hour I have to say this thing is literally insane. It has a learning curve but the possibilitys are endless… it also looks and feels a lot smoother than SynthMaster one, which is definitely a lot easier to dial in.

Does anyone have random crackle noises? I’m on the new m1 iPad and it seems to crackle sometimes but it can’t be reproduced.

Anybody else here that has some crackle with M1-iPads?

The crackles are very random, not easy to reproduce…

Overall - Synthmaster 2 on iPad Pro is real addiction! Can’t leave it for more serious work (painting the house, vacuumcleaning, check the mess in the garage/storagehouse) 😂😂😂

Just to be clear - the audio crackles on my iPad Pro 12.9” M1 doesn’t occur when I use Synthmaster 2 beta 0.98 into Drambo as an AUv3 plugin…
    It just occur in stand-alone mode…

@ErrkaPetti said:

Yes, I reported this issue to Apple as well. At buffer size 2048 + iOS 14.6 it is much better, but still in there.

As I wrote above - the sound is top notch without crackles into Drambo as an AUv3 plugin!

It only occur in stand-alone mode…

Thanks for your attention!

• edited June 2021

Hey ho!
    Just want to check a few things and if it’s bug related or I’m to stupid 🙈

1. I didn’t get the arp running from init. preset. (Any tips)
    2. The basic waveform looks strange if you change them with the right button (Check picture 2)
    3. In the routing I can’t choose „fm“...it stays on „PM“ (picture 1)

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

As I wrote above - the sound is top notch without crackles into Drambo as an AUv3 plugin!

It only occur in stand-alone mode…

Thanks for your attention!

I found the same thing.

Air 3, ios 14.4

Stand-alone crackles, midi latency.
    In drambo and AUM, no problem on both of my ipads.

• edited June 2021

@kv331audio_bulent , I noticed two potential issues in the latest version which I have not seen before:

• when the blue UI is selected, the favourites display incorrectly -

• in AUM, maximising the SM window displays a black area on the right side -

Both screenshots are from Air 4, latest iOS. On Mini 5, only the second problem can be reproduced, the blue UI works properly there.

We released our v0.9.8 update last night, close to an official release next week:

What will be the price of the App in CAD$? I think I will buy it! I'm a beta tester and I love it.

What is the maximum size file that I can upload as a wavetable?

Thanks!

• edited June 2021

@ervin said:
    @kv331audio_bulent , I noticed two potential issues in the latest version which I have not seen before:

• when the blue UI is selected, the favourites display incorrectly -

Both screenshots are from Air 4, latest iOS. On Mini 5, only the second problem can be reproduced, the blue UI works properly there.

I also came across this earlier today.

9.7" iPad Pro, iOS 13.4 + Air 3 iOS 14.4

• edited June 2021

@Gravitas said:

I will look into this, but let me reiterate this once more: it is not easy at all to support variable screen sizes. So far we edited 7 different layouts in 4 different skins : 28 variations.

@Gravitas said:

I will look into this, but let me reiterate this once more: it is not easy at all to support variable screen sizes. So far we edited 7 different layouts in 4 different skins : 28 variations.

The UI Bugs for the Filters and the Main FX Page are still there too on12.9 inch (not dependant on the skin), maybe you can look into that aswell.