Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ATOM Piano Roll update is coming soon

Comments

• @ExAsperis99 said:

I know it demonstrates (agian) a very limited repertoire on my part, but I think about this clip at least once a week...

• @blueveek looking forward to this!! best of luck!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

I know it demonstrates (agian) a very limited repertoire on my part, but I think about this clip at least once a week...

It’s just perfect.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    You wish you could pull @blueveek into the forum from stage left the way Woody Allen summons Marshall McLuhan in "Annie Hall."

😂😂😂😂😂😂

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Holy hell.... Swing, midi import/export, Moving the loop start point!!! Awwww sh!t man. Amazing news. One of my most used apps, will be turning into one of my favorite and most used apps. Sweet. I’m pumped. A good update here could be the answer to some of the iOS music production complications, at least in my workflow.

@blueveek more than 40 bars would be amazing too.

Thanks for sharing @joniqwest

No worries I thought it was good and promising news and excited to share it ! Like you said I just purchased and it has already been very useful on the way to being one of my favorite apps as well

• @royor said:
    This app really is priceless to me already.. as is.. I’ve more than got my money’s worth..
    If it becomes Atom 2.0, I’ll still shell out whatever the asking price..
    Any improvements OR a completely fresh new app, I don’t care.. I’ll take it for whatever it is and (ab)use the hell out of it..
    @blueveek You can have my money now..

You do h ave a point.

• Actually, about the time that many here were complaining about Atom’s flaws... the dev said he was rewriting it to fix the issues and add more features. He said the update wasn’t imminent and might be as long as 2 months... but he said don’t worry, if you buy the app now you won’t have to buy a new version, etc.

So, I accepted the flaws bought it on the dev’s promise.

Seems like that was over a year ago with no updates at all.

Given that, no... I don’t think I’d be willing to buy a new 2.0 app. I’d kinda expect the dev to keep his word.

• edited August 2020

@royor would like to hear your workflow with Atom.

Edit: ignore this, you already answered this a few days ago, I just haven’t tried your great suggestions yet.

• edited August 2020

I’ve had a lot of use out of Atom as is. There is no doubt in my mind if @blueveek delivers, and it still includes the unique cool things that the original Atom does (eg scale constraint, and the tempo multiplier/divide, very cool feature) then builds on it with MIDI import/export, maybe stacking/switching MiDI clips in a single window via ‘ghost tracks’ so you can see, switch to and manipulate other clips in context as greyed out whilst you work on the current layer, this would go a long way to scratching my itch for the sadly extinct Koushion grid sequencer. If it busts the 40 bar limit too, even better.

Such things would make me feel just fine springing for a whole new purchase of a 2.0 Atom. Bug fixes of an existing product should be free, I agree. But significant new work deserves reward.

• edited August 2020

Blueveek/Audioveek is a friend, and although I haven't had the chance to speak with him in a while, I know quite a bit about what motivates him to make apps... hint: it's not money.

I previously speculated in this thread that V2 may require the need for a separate app for compatibility reasons.. but please don't infer from this that it might be some cynical plan to get you to pay for the app again! ( @skiphunt )

Most Devs get far more in terms of demands and headaches (from the users) than they ever get in remuneration, so perhaps we should avoid casting aspersions about his intentions to charge again. As I said, he's a great guy, and a paragon of integrity and generosity.

Speaking personally, I actually look forward to any opportunity to throw some more cash at these indie Devs who are making our world of iOS music so fun.

• @tk32 said:
    Blueveek/Audioveek is a friend, and although I haven't had the chance to speak with him in a while, I know quite a bit about what motivates him to make apps... hint: it's not money.

I previously speculated in this thread that V2 may require the need for a separate app for compatibility reasons.. but please don't infer from this that it might be some cynical plan to get you to pay for the app again! ( @skiphunt )

Most Devs get far more in terms of demands and headaches (from the users) than they ever get in remuneration, so perhaps we should avoid casting aspersions about his intentions to charge again. As I said, he's a great guy, and a paragon of integrity and generosity.

Speaking personally, I actually look forward to any opportunity to throw some more cash at these indie Devs who are making our world of iOS music so fun.

+1000

(I am in no way affiliated with ATOM Piano Roll or Audioveek, just a paying customer who totally agrees with @tk32 )

• Is CC editing on the roadmap? This shocked me when I discovered it wasn't just standard after coming from desktop software...

• Surely the biggest thing needed in the app is to be able to make multiple clips within the AUv3 and switch between them?

• @skiphunt said:
    Actually, about the time that many here were complaining about Atom’s flaws... the dev said he was rewriting it to fix the issues and add more features. He said the update wasn’t imminent and might be as long as 2 months... but he said don’t worry, if you buy the app now you won’t have to buy a new version, etc.

So, I accepted the flaws bought it on the dev’s promise.

Seems like that was over a year ago with no updates at all.

Given that, no... I don’t think I’d be willing to buy a new 2.0 app. I’d kinda expect the dev to keep his word.

Agreed. I expect it to be the same app, even though I’ve used atom on a daily basis since it’s release. I understand developer has been busy, but We’ve been waiting awhile for the update, so it should be the same app.

• edited August 2020

@tk32 said:

I won’t mind paying for an v2 update and hopefully, all those add ons (clip launcher, etc) that were promised later on...

Looking forward to this..

• @tk32 said:

Me too. I totally agree.

• edited August 2020

I can pay for V2 too, V1 wasn’t that expensive. If it’s a good revision, work deserves to be paid. I prefer Atom for DAWless light midi work. So light on ressources and easy to use. LK is not stable and has an awful workflow, and Drambo is a bit overkill to my taste. With Mozaic you can’t edit easily things, and Proton is not universal. So I’m very happy if we get V2 with various improvements and new features, pitch bend and CC recording.

• I’m also looking forward v2 and ready to pay for it. Amazing he’s got time and energy to start it almost from scratch.

• Godspeed, @blueveek ! Atom is indispensable.

• It’ll be a great day when that update arrives. Like others, would happily pay for v2

• edited August 2020

@tk32 said:

Hey, don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say ANYTHING about a dev's "cynical plan" to get users to pay for the app again.

I said I bought the app on the dev's own reassurance that if users who were on the fence about noted issues with that app, that they need not worry because they wouldn't be charged again for the new version. I bought the app based on that reassurance.

Those of you who are over-joyed to just throw money at devs for support, more power to you.

Personally, I'm tried of buying apps based on promised features that never come, or get completely abandoned. Most of you know exactly what I'm talking about, so I won't list any of the more infamous ones.

So, if you want to pay for the app again... even after the dev reassured those on the fence that it'd be updated without extra cost... then fine. I just said that I would not be cool with that. Not so much about the money. It's about hoping a dev does what they say they're going to do. That's all.

I don't know this dev. I've bought a couple of his apps and he seemed like a sharp developer who most likely would stick with his word. Until I see otherwise, I'm not going to speculate. My guess is that he'll absolutely honor and do what he said he'd do. I'm not even concerned that it's been a year since it's been updated. He said it was going to take a good while. He said maybe 2 months or more, but there was no date. Likely life got in the way. Honestly, I'm not that concerned and quite happy with the LK app's clip launching. Anything done to Atom would be mightily welcomed too.

If many of you want to send him more money for support, there's nothing stopping you getting an online payment address and sending him some cash on your own. In fact, why doesn't someone get his info so that many of you can do just that! :)

• Great news! Hopefully midi CC is supported too..👍🐬🚀

• ps. I do like Atom and was excited when I read the headline that it was about to be updated. But, the original post was really just based on an old email and nothing new... is that correct?

• edited August 2020

@skiphunt said:
    ps. I do like Atom and was excited when I read the headline that it was about to be updated. But, the original post was really just based on an old email and nothing new... is that correct?

From first thread post I understand that it’s a recent mail for an update coming soon.

• Who said it isn’t „just a Majorupdate“ to version 2.0 but a new app?

• edited August 2020

I speculated that it might be @david_2017

Though it's important people read carefully what I was saying, and not draw any false conclusions.

Of course, there is also a good chance this will just be a simple update of the previous version.

• @tk32 said:
    I speculated that it might be @david_2017

Though it's important people read carefully what I was saying, and not draw any false conclusions.

Of course, there is also a good chance this will just be a simple update of the previous version.

From the dev’s post last November:

“ Don't worry, I won't screw people over money-wise. If you've bought Atom already, the new version is going to be free (though completely new features, which I won't name yet ;) , might be IAPs). I'm not sure whether or not the release should be in the form of a new "Atom 2" app, or just a v2 upgrade for the existing Atom app in the store.”

Not sure how he’ll make it free if it’s a new app, unless there’s a bundle deal.

I wouldn’t bother buying it again personally, as LK does the job for me now, but a free update might make me use it more, and restore faith in its support.

• @MonzoPro said:

Not sure how he’ll make it free if it’s a new app, unless there’s a bundle deal.

If we look at what FruityLoops did, they completely replaced the old app with a new one.
    As far as I've understood the App Id is a just 'place holder' and the entire binary content can be replaced when needed.

So technically it is possible to replace the app with a completely new one.

Another option would be to release a new app for free with IAPs and check if the previous version is installed and unlock functionality like what Steinberg did with the Cubasis IAPs which transfered quite fine over to Cubasis 3.

Time will tell what happens :)

• edited August 2020

This will be great either way! Can't wait to record midi AU and now miRack into this.

• @skiphunt said:
    ps. I do like Atom and was excited when I read the headline that it was about to be updated. But, the original post was really just based on an old email and nothing new... is that correct?

No.

This discussion has been closed.