Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ATOM Piano Roll update is coming soon

1515253545557»

Comments

• edited March 2021

How do people envision using a launchpad in atom? I guess launchpads best perks would be clip launching and good for drums but also good for all other midi mappings ( plus ok for keys ) ?

Apart from drums. Doubt id need with a microkey + nanokontrol for clips+ plus a nanokey studio+ faderfox pots.

Unless atom cant deal with midi routing to a microkey ( without having to disconnect in matrix ) where as drambo can deal with that midi routing.

• edited March 2021

@sigma79 said:
    How do people envision using a launchpad in atom? I guess launchpads best perks would be clip launching and good for drums but also good for all other midi mappings ( plus ok for keys ) ?

Supported controllers like Launchpads are auto-routed to armed or active (visible) clips, so you don’t need to constantly fumble about with the routing or MIDI matrix. So:

• select a clip (make the instance visible) if you want to noodle around and experiment
    • arm a clip (even when the instance isn’t visible, directly from the controller) to record

For everything else, layout is automatic onto pads. Just keep your AUM session tidy, with the Atoms on the right tracks and slots.

Apart from drums. Doubt id need with a microkey + nanokontrol for clips+ plus a nanokey studio+ faderfox pots.

Unless atom cant deal with midi routing to a microkey ( without having to disconnect in matrix ) where as drambo can deal with that midi routing.

Auto midi routing can be achieved with any controller, just need to write a script for it. Of course, it can also be disabled if not wanted.

In fact, it might be time to resurrect that “atom controller poll” thread :)

• @blueveek said:

@sigma79 said:

Supported controllers like Launchpads are auto-routed to armed or active (visible) clips, so you don’t need to constantly fumble about with the routing or MIDI matrix. So:

• select a clip (make the instance visible) if you want to noodle around and experiment
    • arm a clip (even when the instance isn’t visible, directly from the controller) to record

For everything else, layout is automatic onto pads. Just keep your AUM session tidy, with the Atoms on the right tracks and slots.

Auto midi routing can be achieved with any controller, just need to write a script for it. Of course, it can also be disabled if not wanted.

In fact, it might be time to resurrect that “atom controller poll” thread :)

Thanks blueveek. Will check demos. The hype is real though..

• @blueveek said:

@sigma79 said:

I also wanted to clarify that the record arm function is automatically available on the Launchpad X and Pro Mk3, with custom parameter mapping available for other controllers in hosts that support it.

• Well its been a beautiful ride , lots of “ups and downs” 😎 but so worth it. Thanks @blueveek ! I am going to miss this thread 😀

• Now I have bought Atom Midi 2!

See you in a week - busy now!

• @Michael Please can we lock this thread now the official launch thread is live at https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/44101/atom-piano-roll-2-is-now-available/p1

Thanks

(CC @blueveek )

• It came.

• It conquered.

This discussion has been closed.