Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ATOM Piano Roll update is coming soon

Comments

• edited August 2020

@Janosax said:

@skiphunt said:
    ps. I do like Atom and was excited when I read the headline that it was about to be updated. But, the original post was really just based on an old email and nothing new... is that correct?

From first thread post I understand that it’s a recent mail for an update coming soon.

(edited) Absolutely correct ! and If anyone ask you can tell them I got the email on July 31st 2020 hope thats good enough for some folks B) LOL

• wimwim
    edited August 2020

Anybody else find it funny how often we get into rows around here completely based on speculation about what a developer may or may not do, as though those things were really happening. :D

We have too much time on our hands with this virus bullshit. We all need to get a life. B)

• Yeah... gardening for ex. :smile:

• edited August 2020

@wim said:
    Anybody else find it funny how often we get into rows around here completely based on speculation about what a developer may or may not do, as though those things were really happening. :D

We have too much time on our hands with this virus bullshit. We all need to get a life.

LOL i was just writing this to blow steam off regarding the "drama" over excitement at the prospect of an update or new version of an amazing app :smile:

Im not sure what the issue is (for some)
    Come on now its a $9.00 app ! I can't remember the last time I spent $9.00 on something that lasted over a year.
    As it has been said some many times over "buy it for what it does, not what it will do) :smiley:
    If the new version comes out great if not so be it

I emailed him and got an answer for those who need clarification don't "interrogate" me or "shoot the messenger" "grill' me which ever you prefer :smile: (at least that is what it feels like) email the dev yourself.

I bought into the ATOM app late in the game and I am ok with that , tbh if you got a year ( you're doing better than me, I may only get a few months if it can't be used in future iOS/iPad updates) after alot of research even with it's "missing" features there is nothing like ATOM ( I'm new to iOS music making) but this app has really opened up my creative workflow in conjunction with AUM.

We are all adults people are literally losing their lives on a global scale everyday there are so many more important things to worry about ! #firstworldproblems

• @joniqwest said:

@wim said:

We have too much time on our hands with this virus bullshit. We all need to get a life.

LOL i was just writing this to blow steam off regarding the "drama" over excitement at the prospect of an update or new version of an amazing app :smile:

Come on now its a $9.00 app ! I can't remember the last time I spent $9.00 on something that lasted over a year.
    As it has been said some many times over "buy it for what it does, not what it will do) :smiley:

I emailed him and got an answer for those who need clarification don't "interrogate" me or "shoot the messenger" "grill' me which ever you prefer :smile: (at least that is what it feels like) email the dev yourself.

I bought into the ATOM app late in the game and I am ok with that , tbh if you got a year ( you're doing better than me, I may only get a few months if it can't be used in future iOS/iPad updates) after alot of research even with it's "missing" features there is nothing like ATOM ( I'm new to iOS music making) but this app has really opened up my creative workflow in conjunction with AUM.

We are all adults people are literally losing their lives on a global scale everyday there are so many more important things to worry about ! #firstworldproblems

This! +1000000000

• wimwim
    edited August 2020

heh. How ironic it will be if I touch off an argument about arguing. :D

Sorry, I view this place like I would a peeps chillin' at a pub. I always forget that people can take things a lot more seriously than I do here. ✌🏼😎

• LOl that's how i feel , I am thinking of changing my forum name to "instigator"

@wim said:
    heh. How ironic it will be if I touch off an argument about arguing. :D
    Sorry, I view this place like I would a peeps chillin' at a pub. I always forget that people can take things a lot more seriously than I do here. ✌🏼😎

• It’s all good! What I love about the forum is the way my opinion shifts as I read other people’s opinions. Great, (mostly) friendly debate, this is a wonderful spot. I for one am glad that @joniqwest reported his email here, and can’t wait for the update - whenever it arrives!

• Oh geez. I think I’ll go back to just quickly scanning thread titles for cool new app announcements and steer clear of speculation threads. It tends to dull the mind. ;)

Back to my novel I reckon. Halfway through Jitterbug Perfume at the moment. Much preferred way to spend time IMO :)

• Thanks and keep those walkthrough/tutorials coming !

@Gavinski said:
    It’s all good! What I love about the forum is the way my opinion shifts as I read other people’s opinions. Great, (mostly) friendly debate, this is a wonderful spot. I for one am glad that @joniqwest reported his email here, and can’t wait for the update - whenever it arrives!

• edited August 2020

It always amuses me how much drama is commented on, when there really isn’t any. A couple of us said we probably wouldn’t pay for a new version, and that was that.

No drama, no ‘first world problems’ or ‘entitled snowflakes’, just a couple of people with a slightly different option to the masses.

If anything the drama comes from the people in the ‘it’s only the price of a cup of coffee’ corner.

Roll a fat one and chill out, dudes.

• edited August 2020

@joniqwest said:

@wim said:

Appreciate your diligence... hopefully soon Mr. Veerk will drop by and ‘state his case’... but I am jelled..

Really looking forward to this one.. a game changer.. Import/export midi +++... 😊 Who need iMaschine...

• @MonzoPro said:
    It always amuses me how much drama is commented on, when there really isn’t any. A couple of us said we probably wouldn’t pay for a new version, and that was that.

No drama, no ‘first world problems’ or ‘entitled snowflakes’, just a couple of people with a slightly different option to the masses.

If anything the drama comes from the people in the ‘it’s only the price of a cup of coffee’ corner.

Roll a fat one and chill out, dudes.

Word. ;)

• Yo @blueveek ! Great to hear you are still working on this even though there is very little financial incentive to do so...

Filter out the noise and do your thing. 👊

• @wim said:

We have too much time on our hands with this virus bullshit. We all need to get a life. B)

Lol. Music is life.

• The design is really good.

• New design looks great. If only this new version would also have cc recording/playback/editing. 🙌🏻
    Option to record Notes or Notes/CC or just CC

• one update i’d like : not to have to press play in aum when i want to change the numbers of bars ... that is really super necessary 😎...

• I went back to atom after a brief flirt with LK and suddenly it seems easier to use.

The bits I find annoying:

1. Changing the loop points (not too bad once you know which pixel to grab, but I’m sure you all know this one)

2. Moving notes - maybe I’m just doing it wrong but half the time it just deselects them, some of the time it lengthens/shortens the notes, and occasionally it moves them.

3. Zooming happens on both axis at the same time. Is it just me or is this unusual for a piano roll?

4. The notch obstructs loads of the useful buttons. Admittedly this is just on iPhone and just in Audiobus, but it’s infuriating.

• @mlau said:
    one update i’d like : not to have to press play in aum when i want to change the numbers of bars ... that is really super necessary 😎...

I’ve never had to do this... that’s weird.

• @Poppadocrock somebody else mentioned this issue few days ago so i guess you are lucky and we are not 😎 that said, i just got this app and i am delighted !

• @gregsmith said:
    I went back to atom after a brief flirt with LK and suddenly it seems easier to use.

1. Changing the loop points (not too bad once you know which pixel to grab, but I’m sure you all know this one)

2. Moving notes - maybe I’m just doing it wrong but half the time it just deselects them, some of the time it lengthens/shortens the notes, and occasionally it moves them.

3. Zooming happens on both axis at the same time. Is it just me or is this unusual for a piano roll?

4. The notch obstructs loads of the useful buttons. Admittedly this is just on iPhone and just in Audiobus, but it’s infuriating.

I generally love Atom. It's so easy to get things going quickly. But moving notes, yeah. Frequently I'll want to change the start. point of a sequence. I'll select, say, bars 6 through 14 — and I cannot figure out how to easily delete all the rest of the material and move these bars to Bar 1 through 8.

• Huh, could be several things causing issue. It’s funny because I feel like sometimes it works great and sometimes I hit few speed bumps. I’ve actually adapted my workflow slightly to avoid some Atom pitfalls. I start every AUM session with 2 to 4 instances of atom and I really don’t run into any issues when I do it that way.

• @gregsmith said:
    I went back to atom after a brief flirt with LK and suddenly it seems easier to use.

I must say - this issue was really killing my love for Atom and made me use it less and less - cause it regularly interrupted my flow while jamming - by being so fiddling or almost impossible to define the loop length ...

Especially since I was never abled to find this so called „sweet pixel spot“ where grabbing the arrow would work in a reliable fashion ,,,

For me the biggest reason against the idea of „paying again is fine for me“... since this issue was never „fine“ for me.

• @Bon_Tempi said:

@gregsmith said:

I must say - this issue was really killing my love for Atom and made me use it less and less - cause it regularly interrupted my flow while jamming - by being so fiddling or almost impossible to define the loop length ...

Especially since I was never abled to find this so called „sweet pixel spot“ where grabbing the arrow would work in a reliable fashion ,,,

For me the biggest reason against the idea of „paying again is fine for me“... since this issue was never „fine“ for me.

Not sure if this is enough but I made a preset with 4 instances with 8 bars.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqldpx96zb8w410/Atom 8 Bars.zip?dl=0

• edited August 2020

@Lil_Stu07 said:

@Bon_Tempi said:

@gregsmith said:

Not sure if this is enough but I made a preset with 4 instances with 8 bars.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqldpx96zb8w410/Atom 8 Bars.zip?dl=0

Oh great idea! I rarely go over 8 bars without ‘bouncing’ to Xequence so this works for me.

I find just above and to the left of the loop point marker is the sweet spot. It’s like trying to hit one pixel though :)

• Does current version of Atom support midi import if I wanted to bring in .mid file from Piano Motifs for instance?

• @king_picadillo said:
    Does current version of Atom support midi import if I wanted to bring in .mid file from Piano Motifs for instance?

Unfortunately not direct Import of a midi file.... but if you buy that in app purchase for $1.99 you can record the midi in Atom directly Playing from Piano Motifs.

This discussion has been closed.