Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ATOM Piano Roll update is coming soon

Comments

• Update coming soon, do you actually mean soon or is this DRAMBo type of soon lol

• Thanks @Poppadocrock bought iap and it worked directly into BM3. Bought Atom too for the scale lock and the ghost overlays (pretty sure I made that name up) which I had been eyeing anyway.

• edited August 2020

Is there only an end loop marker, no start one? The end loop marker drags fine for me every time. @gregsmith

• edited August 2020

@Gavinski said:
    Is there only an end loop marker, no start one? The end loop marker drags fine for me every time. @gregsmith

I usually use it on my phone (usually moved to Xequence before I get to iPad) so maybe this is just a small screen issue. Lots of people mentioned it I think anyway.

Not sure about the start point - never had to move it.

• Seems not to have one, kind of weird that it has an end marker but not one at the start.

• I really hope “actually soon” 😂

@rickelal3 said:
    Update coming soon, do you actually mean soon or is this DRAMBo type of soon lol

• @rickelal3 said:
    Update coming soon, do you actually mean soon or is this DRAMBo type of soon lol

Or... Will Drambo have Midi Import/Export, Piano Roll before this is available?

I welcome them both.... as SOON as Possible...

• @Gavinski said:
    Seems not to have one, kind of weird that it has an end marker but not one at the start.

Yeah this is the main reason I didn't use Atom much before deciding to wait for an update for this. It's essential I think, it's all too fiddly otherwise.

• edited August 2020

@RajahP said:

@rickelal3 said:

I’m being drawn to atom in this race, mainly as this discussion has got me excited about it again!

@blueveek how about you chuck us a bone! 😆

• @king_picadillo said:
    Thanks @Poppadocrock bought iap and it worked directly into BM3. Bought Atom too for the scale lock and the ghost overlays (pretty sure I made that name up) which I had been eyeing anyway.

Your welcome.

• @gregsmith said:

@RajahP said:

@rickelal3 said:

I’m being drawn to atom in this race, mainly as this discussion has got me excited about it again!

Yea a ball park eta would be nice to help me contain my excitement.

• edited August 2020

@Gavinski said:
    Seems not to have one, kind of weird that it has an end marker but not one at the start.

Here’s what’s weird... I thought I remembered moving the start marker very early on and then I wasn’t able to anymore. Maybe I dreamt this I don’t know but haven’t been able to move the start marker for a while now. Which is huge for me, because after I complete a good verse, i then have to listen to it every time I run through instead of moving the start marker and then working/recording the chorus.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@gregsmith said:

@RajahP said:

@rickelal3 said:

Yea a ball park eta would be nice to help me contain my excitement.

It IS a little weird that all this speculation has frothed up this thread and @blueveek kas not responded AT ALL. Like, waiting six months is fine, but if it’s never coming I’d like to know! :)

• So I just used support email link on Audioveek.com and sent email asking him to chime in on this thread not sure if I will get an answer but maybe others who have posted here ( if you haven't done so) i would encourage you to try contacting him directly you may be able to get some more answers/updates from him.

• Considering nobody knew if the product was dead or not, I’m perfectly happy with a screen grab and coming soon.

• Well my inbox is definitely a lot busier lately :)

I’m humbled by how much interest there is this thread, and by all the messages expressing support. Here’s some clarity on your FAQs:

1. “When’s soon?”
      I don’t know, and I'm spending every single bit of free time I have to finish this release. Just like you, I wish I could be more precise here.

2. “Why is this taking a year?”
      The first version was written using some performance tricks that were undocumented, but essential to the implementation. The Swift compiler itself now breaks when trying to build the old codebase. It quickly became obvious that a ground up rewrite is unavoidable.

3. “How will the next version be released?”
      There’s compatibility and workflow implications to any approach I might end up going with: new version or app update. There’s no technical hurdle to either approach. I haven't decided exactly which one to take, and monetisation isn't a factor when making this decision.

4. “How much will it cost?”
      Promised features will be free. I’m exploring how bundles work so that if the update takes the form of a separate app, you won’t have to pay. Before releasing, I'll post to the forum about exactly what you'll need to do based on your preferred purchase model.

5. “Will feature X be part of the 2.0 update?”
      I’m aiming for feature parity with the old version, and a substantial amount of QOL improvements in the new one. However I can’t give you an exact list of features that are going to be in the update: we’ll both figure that out soon.

6. “Loop marker keeps getting stuck: what to do now, and will it be fixed?”
      A previous iOS update subtly changed how sliders work, which broke the touchpoint in Atom. To make the touch point easy to hit again, you’ll have to “disable” the playhead slider by just pressing “play” in AUM (or others). Will that be fixed? Well, there’s a completely new way of adding/removing bars in the new version, so yes.

I'm now (literally) going back to working on this update. Keep in touch!

• @blueveek said:
    Well my inbox is definitely a lot busier lately :)

I’m humbled by how much interest there is this thread, and by all the messages expressing support. Here’s some clarity on your FAQs:

1. “When’s soon?”
      I don’t know, and I'm spending every single bit of free time I have to finish this release. Just like you, I wish I could be more precise here.

2. “Why is this taking a year?”
      The first version was written using some performance tricks that were undocumented, but essential to the implementation. The Swift compiler itself now breaks when trying to build the old codebase. It quickly became obvious that a ground up rewrite is unavoidable.

3. “How will the next version be released?”
      There’s compatibility and workflow implications to any approach I might end up going with: new version or app update. There’s no technical hurdle to either approach. I haven't decided exactly which one to take, and monetisation isn't a factor when making this decision.

4. “How much will it cost?”
      Promised features will be free. I’m exploring how bundles work so that if the update takes the form of a separate app, you won’t have to pay. Before releasing, I'll post to the forum about exactly what you'll need to do based on your preferred purchase model.

5. “Will feature X be part of the 2.0 update?”
      I’m aiming for feature parity with the old version, and a substantial amount of QOL improvements in the new one. However I can’t give you an exact list of features that are going to be in the update: we’ll both figure that out soon.

6. “Loop marker keeps getting stuck: what to do now, and will it be fixed?”
      A previous iOS update subtly changed how sliders work, which broke the touchpoint in Atom. To make the touch point easy to hit again, you’ll have to “disable” the playhead slider by just pressing “play” in AUM (or others). Will that be fixed? Well, there’s a completely new way of adding/removing bars in the new version, so yes.

I'm now (literally) going back to working on this update. Keep in touch!

Thx for the info. I imagine that's what most of us wanted to hear (from the dev, not self appointed spokesperson).

• @blueveek , that's a very good and honest appraisal of the situation, and one I am very happy with. I own Atom already but if I have to pay for new features, that is absolutely fine. Good luck with it!

• edited August 2020

Who would be the “self appointed spokesperson” ? No one on this thread claimed to be that or even implied that

@0tolerance4silence said:

Thx for the info. I imagine that's what most of us wanted to hear (from the dev, not self appointed spokesperson).

• @blueveek

thanks for the official update and the work around for loop marker !

• @blueveek 👌👌👌

• @blueveek

Thanks for the info! Looking forward to this update!

If you make this update a new app, please add a "buy me a cup of coffee," feature.

Atom is one of my most used apps on AUM. I understand others may not want to pay for the update, and that's perfectly fine. I would like to at least throw you a couple bones. Atom really filled a gaping hole in iOS and the ability to import and export midi will fill another.

• @joniqwest said:
    Who would be the “self appointed spokesperson” ? No one on this thread claimed to be that or even implied that

You mean in this 10 days old thread, created after an image of progress, after nearly a year of silence from the dev?

• edited August 2020

Yes in this thread who is the “self appointed spokesperson” you are referring to ?

@joniqwest said:

You mean in this 10 days old thread, created after an image of progress, after nearly a year of silence from the dev?

• This forum is hilarious sometimes....Dev comes in and says..”.I don’t know when it will be ready but I’m working every spare moment”.....few posts later.... “ thanks for responding, do you have a rough timeline for release?”

• @kin said:
    This forum is hilarious sometimes....Dev comes in and says..”.I don’t know when it will be ready but I’m working every spare moment”.....few posts later.... “ thanks for responding, do you have a rough timeline for release?”

Lol right

• @joniqwest
    I'm talking about the old thread.
    (If you wish to continue, let's go DM, no point keeping it here)

• Great to hear from you, @blueveek! Can't wait to see how things progress with the rebuild!

• Not necessary, all good here, as you say it was an old thread. 👍

@joniqwest
    I'm talking about the old thread.
    (If you wish to continue, let's go DM, no point keeping it here)

• Nice one @blueveek ! You can see how much appreciation there is for your work here. 👊

This discussion has been closed.