Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Piano Motifs by Fernando Morales

Comments

• The Au is phenomenal, send all 3 channels out to individual instruments in a host/Daw. The app has always been Amazing, midi out made it way better, now Au just took it to another level. Grab the IAP. Fo sho.

• Like this app
    So I have brought both iaps
    Nice
    On iPhone av3, the octave buttons are mega small, can this be made larger, the box that contains the buttons has plenty of space to allow for this

I found the how to make the loop play infinitely, great

In AUM how do I turn on motif’s when I require it ? I don’t want it to continually play and I don’t just want it to play just when I press play on the transport of AUM, some of my apps have a play stop button which can be controlled on the left of the app icon
    Am I being stupid and missing something?

• @Gdub said:
    Like this app
    Nice
    On iPhone av3, the octave buttons are mega small, can this be made larger, the box that contains the buttons has plenty of space to allow for this

In AUM how do I turn on motif’s when I require it ? I don’t want it to continually play and I don’t just want it to play just when I press play on the transport of AUM, some of my apps have a play stop button which can be controlled on the left of the app icon

If I understand correctly… You could connect/disconnect the midi connections, or pull PM to the left so it’s inactive, and slide it back to the right to reactivate it.

• edited September 2022

@Poppadocrock said:
    The Au is phenomenal, send all 3 channels out to individual instruments in a host/Daw. The app has always been Amazing, midi out made it way better, now Au just took it to another level. Grab the IAP. Fo sho.

@Poppadocrock, thanks for your support and feedback since the beginnings of Piano Motifs. With the help of the user community Piano Motifs has grown and finally it can be seamlessly integrated into different workflows.

• @Gdub said:
    Like this app
    Nice

Thanks!

Let me see what I can do about this. UI support for different hosts and devices isn't straightforward.

@Poppadocrock has given a great option to do what you want to do. In the future I will be adding a way to delay the start of a motif by a certain number of bars.

• @Poppadocrock and @azul3D_Apps
    Thanks
    Had been doing the slide to disconnect, but thought there was another option

Also thanks for looking at changing button size
    I am on iPhone 11

• @azul3D_Apps said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    The Au is phenomenal, send all 3 channels out to individual instruments in a host/Daw. The app has always been Amazing, midi out made it way better, now Au just took it to another level. Grab the IAP. Fo sho.

@Poppadocrock, thanks for your support and feedback since the beginnings of Piano Motifs. With the help of the user community Piano Motifs has grown and finally it can be seamlessly integrated into different workflows.

Definitely. Right back at ya, for creating and continually improving this phenomena app.

• @azul3D_Apps, I've just bought your app with both iaps, it's amazing ! I just want to say a big THANK YOU for developing this ! 👍🏻

• @azul3D_Apps
    Hi just bought the iaps , I cant find any velocity options? Please help.. thanks.

• edited October 2022

@Shed said:
    @azul3D_Apps
    Hi just bought the iaps , I cant find any velocity options? Please help.. thanks.

No velocity options.

This is why I run PM through the right side of Cality

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Shed said:
    @azul3D_Apps

No velocity options.

This is why I run PM through the right side of Cality

• Is anyone else having a problem where, when piano motifs has been sitting in an AUM session in the background for a while, and you come back to it, it just won’t generate midi any more. Even if you generate a new motif, it doesn’t send out any midi?

• On.y way to get it working again is to close and reopen the AUM session - anyone else?

• @Gavinski said:
    On.y way to get it working again is to close and reopen the AUM session - anyone else?

Have had the same experience. It is far more reliable to run it the old way. I hope there is an update in the corner fixing this bug.

• @Gavinski said:
    Is anyone else having a problem where, when piano motifs has been sitting in an AUM session in the background for a while, and you come back to it, it just won’t generate midi any more. Even if you generate a new motif, it doesn’t send out any midi?

Hi Gavin, thanks for bringing this up to my attention. I will DM you with some questions regarding the issue, so we can get to the bottom of it.

• edited October 2022

Crazy I missed this update! Delayed insta-bought the iap. Thanks! Works a charm in drambo for me. Have to get used to stopping the sequencer first before generating new pattern but it's fine. Very happy!

• @azul3D_Apps said:

@Gavinski said:
    Is anyone else having a problem where, when piano motifs has been sitting in an AUM session in the background for a while, and you come back to it, it just won’t generate midi any more. Even if you generate a new motif, it doesn’t send out any midi?

Hi Gavin, thanks for bringing this up to my attention. I will DM you with some questions regarding the issue, so we can get to the bottom of it.

Sure thing Fernando!

• A new version of Piano Motifs (v4.4) is now available in the App Store. What's new in this version:

• Fixed issue where in some cases Piano Motifs doesn't generate MIDI after the Host has been in the background and comes back to the foreground.
    • Fixed problem in AUv3 plugin where time and beat display were incorrect when loading and playing a saved non-swing motif after a swing motif had been generated and played.
    • Added a Delay Start function with which the user can determine a number of bars a motif will be delayed before it starts playing when in Sync Mode. To access this feature, long press on the SYNC button. A popover window will be displayed where you can select by how many bars you want to delay the start of the motif.
    • In Standalone mode, allow for the dismissal of the "BPM will change on next loop" warning by touching outside of it.
    • Increased the size of the Octave Shift steppers for iPhone devices.

If you are enjoying Piano Motifs and like the motifs it's generating, please consider leaving a review in the App Store.

NOTE: It was reported that there is a problem in the export of Piano Motif MIDI files on devices running iOS16. Apple has confirmed that there appears to be a bug on their side. Basically the Apple APIs being used to generate the MIDI files are adding an extra Sysex message to the MIDI files. This Sysex message isn't documented and files with this message can't be opened by 3rd party apps. Only GarageBand can open the files and even then they aren't completely correct. If you want to continue exporting MIDI files from Piano Motifs, it's best not to update to iOS16 for now.

• @azul3D_Apps said:
    A new version of Piano Motifs (v4.4) is now available in the App Store. What's new in this version:

• Fixed issue where in some cases Piano Motifs doesn't generate MIDI after the Host has been in the background and comes back to the foreground.
    • Fixed problem in AUv3 plugin where time and beat display were incorrect when loading and playing a saved non-swing motif after a swing motif had been generated and played.
    • Added a Delay Start function with which the user can determine a number of bars a motif will be delayed before it starts playing when in Sync Mode. To access this feature, long press on the SYNC button. A popover window will be displayed where you can select by how many bars you want to delay the start of the motif.
    • In Standalone mode, allow for the dismissal of the "BPM will change on next loop" warning by touching outside of it.

If you are enjoying Piano Motifs and like the motifs it's generating, please consider leaving a review in the App Store.

NOTE: It was reported that there is a problem in the export of Piano Motif MIDI files on devices running iOS16. Apple has confirmed that there appears to be a bug on their side. Basically the Apple APIs being used to generate the MIDI files are adding an extra Sysex message to the MIDI files. This Sysex message isn't documented and files with this message can't be opened by 3rd party apps. Only GarageBand can open the files and even then they aren't completely correct. If you want to continue exporting MIDI files from Piano Motifs, it's best not to update to iOS16 for now.

This app just keeps getting better and better. Truly extraordinary. The AU upgrade has been game-changing. WOW!!!

• @mulletsaison said:

@azul3D_Apps said:
    A new version of Piano Motifs (v4.4) is now available in the App Store. What's new in this version:

This app just keeps getting better and better. Truly extraordinary. The AU upgrade has been game-changing. WOW!!!

Thanks @mulletsaison, hope you're making fantastic music with it!

• A new version of Piano Motifs (v4.7) is now available in the App Store.

What's new in this version:

• Ability to import and export motifs from and to the device's file system. Files will have a .motif extension.
    • Import one or several motifs by pressing the Import button.
    • Export a motif by pressing the Export button and then choosing the Motif option.
    • Export a motif by selecting the Export option in the Library Screen when swiping left on a motif.
    • Ability to select a MIDI channel for the melody harmony in the MIDI Screen, if the Melody Harmony option has been selected in the Settings Screen. (AUv3 MIDI Plug-In only)
    • Fixed an issue where, in Audition mode, the MIDI channels were set to their default values and not to the ones set by the user (AUv3 MIDI Plug-In)

NOTE: There is currently no batch export of motifs. Hopefully I can get that working on a future revision of the app.

Enjoy!

• edited November 2022

You can keep things really simple with instruments, effects and get good results. Just a completely random generated motif playing on Pure Piano and Roli Noise with LFOH! to vary the tempo a bit.

• Has anyone had success getting the bend midi data into something like Steel Guitar Pro or a guitar patch in Pure Synth Platinum?

Loving the riffs out this app, truly amazing.

• @RJB , is this question about Piano Motifs or should it be in the Riffler thread?
    The Steel Guitar Pro has lots of info about bends in it supplied by @McD .
    Don’t know anything about PSP.

• PS many thanks @azul3D_Apps for another great update. Having 4 channels of music available from a single PM opens up even more options 😊

• @GeoTony said:
    @RJB , is this question about Piano Motifs or should it be in the Riffler thread?
    The Steel Guitar Pro has lots of info about bends in it supplied by @McD .
    Don’t know anything about PSP.

Yes, wrong thread. My bad

• @azul3D_Apps said:
    A new version of Piano Motifs (v4.7) is now available in the App Store.

What's new in this version:

• Ability to import and export motifs from and to the device's file system. Files will have a .motif extension.
    • Import one or several motifs by pressing the Import button.
    • Export a motif by pressing the Export button and then choosing the Motif option.
    • Export a motif by selecting the Export option in the Library Screen when swiping left on a motif.
    • Ability to select a MIDI channel for the melody harmony in the MIDI Screen, if the Melody Harmony option has been selected in the Settings Screen. (AUv3 MIDI Plug-In only)
    • Fixed an issue where, in Audition mode, the MIDI channels were set to their default values and not to the ones set by the user (AUv3 MIDI Plug-In)

NOTE: There is currently no batch export of motifs. Hopefully I can get that working on a future revision of the app.

Enjoy!

Thanks, some excellent new features!

• A small update to Piano Motifs (v4.9) is now available. Now that you can send a melody harmony to a separate MIDI channel (AUv3 MIDI plug-in only), I have added the ability to control the percentage of melody harmony notes that are generated with respect to melody notes of the motif (both standalone and AUv3).

Like @GeoTony said, this opens a lot of new instrumentation options from one motif. Here is an example of a motif generated where 4 MIDI channels are used. The melody harmony is sent to MIDI channel 4.

Enjoy!

• @azul3D_Apps said:
    A small update to Piano Motifs (v4.9) is now available. Now that you can send a melody harmony to a separate MIDI channel (AUv3 MIDI plug-in only), I have added the ability to control the percentage of melody harmony notes that are generated with respect to melody notes of the motif (both standalone and AUv3).

Like @GeoTony said, this opens a lot of new instrumentation options from one motif. Here is an example of a motif generated where 4 MIDI channels are used. The melody harmony is sent to MIDI channel 4.

Enjoy!

Wow, that is lovely!

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@azul3D_Apps said:
    A small update to Piano Motifs (v4.9) is now available. Now that you can send a melody harmony to a separate MIDI channel (AUv3 MIDI plug-in only), I have added the ability to control the percentage of melody harmony notes that are generated with respect to melody notes of the motif (both standalone and AUv3).

Enjoy!

Wow, that is lovely!

It certainly is.