Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Piano Motifs by Fernando Morales

Comments

• edited September 2022

Congrats on a fine release @azul3D_Apps! @White perhaps add «(now with AUv3 iap support)» to the thread title? Many potential buyers who only consider auv3 apps.

• Regarding preset access sharing between standalone and auv3, I recall many developers have struggled with this in the past. For instance, it took a long time before Tardigrain got this capability.

Perhaps the non-Juce code snippets in this Juce thread would be some helpful pointers in the right direction? App group naming etc.
    https://forum.juce.com/t/app-group-folder-access/23102

• Have standalone open but nowhere to purchase upgrade?

• @Tyronn said:
    Have standalone open but nowhere to purchase upgrade?

Open 'more settings', there is the option to buy

• @Pierre118 said:

@Tyronn said:

doh thanks mate done

• @Tyronn said:

@Pierre118 said:

@Tyronn said:

doh thanks mate done

You're welcome, have fun!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    In celebration of the big update, here is an unassuming little jam that showcases one of my little tricks for making Piano Motifs (and all sequencers really) a bit more varied and “human like”. Sometimes these subtle differences add up…

I have no bloody idea what the hell you're doing there Sleepwalker. Very good :)

Ah, I am using just the timing portion of Cality (turning off the generation of notes on the left side) to vary the velocity and accent of notes, plus introducing just a little bit of swing and probability to mix things up a bit.

• @azul3D_Apps said:
    @pxlhg thanks so much for your continued support. I will definitely look for a solution in the future. I can't promise it will be on the next revisions since this needs to be a well thought out solution where you won't lose the files you have saved over time.

Can there be an option to export together all of your saved motifs at once which could then be imported back into the AU version? This is not as elegant as the files being visible in both locations from the start but could work until you figure out a better schedule solution and does prevent losing motifs. I’ve always wanted to be able to backup my library anyway.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    In celebration of the big update, here is an unassuming little jam that showcases one of my little tricks for making Piano Motifs (and all sequencers really) a bit more varied and “human like”. Sometimes these subtle differences add up…

I have no bloody idea what the hell you're doing there Sleepwalker. Very good :)

Ah, I am using just the timing portion of Cality (turning off the generation of notes on the left side) to vary the velocity and accent of notes, plus introducing just a little bit of swing and probability to mix things up a bit.

It looks like an intricate (and elegant!) game of Mousetrap. I think you're going to have come round and show me how it all works. There will be tea and chocolate muffins etc.

• @bleep said:
    Congrats on a fine release @azul3D_Apps! @White perhaps add «(now with AUv3 iap support)» to the thread title? Many potential buyers who only consider auv3 apps.

Thanks @bleep

@bleep said:
    Regarding preset access sharing between standalone and auv3, I recall many developers have struggled with this in the past. For instance, it took a long time before Tardigrain got this capability.

Perhaps the non-Juce code snippets in this Juce thread would be some helpful pointers in the right direction? App group naming etc.
    https://forum.juce.com/t/app-group-folder-access/23102

Thanks for the link.

• @yowza said:

@azul3D_Apps said:
    @pxlhg thanks so much for your continued support. I will definitely look for a solution in the future. I can't promise it will be on the next revisions since this needs to be a well thought out solution where you won't lose the files you have saved over time.

Can there be an option to export together all of your saved motifs at once which could then be imported back into the AU version? This is not as elegant as the files being visible in both locations from the start but could work until you figure out a better schedule solution and does prevent losing motifs. I’ve always wanted to be able to backup my library anyway.

Yes, one of the options could be an export/import feature.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

It looks like an intricate (and elegant!) game of Mousetrap. I think you're going to have come round and show me how it all works. There will be tea and chocolate muffins etc.

Let me work on a video explanation! Prep the tea and muffins.

• edited September 2022

I have published a new tutorial where LFOs are used to add expressiveness to a motif generated by Piano Motifs. You can check it out here:

• edited September 2022

@azul3D_Apps said:
    I have published a new tutorial where LFOs are used to add expressiveness to a motif generated Piano Motifs. You can check it out here:

Cool video. Thanks for this amazing update @azul3D_Apps

• I love it that this is AUv3 now. Immediately purchased the IAP.

Is there a way send the chords one stem and the melody to another on AUM? Or maybe have one instance do only melody and another chords?

• @Poppadocrock said:

@azul3D_Apps said:
    I have published a new tutorial where LFOs are used to add expressiveness to a motif generated Piano Motifs. You can check it out here:

Cool video. Thanks for this amazing update @azul3D_Apps

Thanks @Poppadocrock!

• @AlexY said:
    I love it that this is AUv3 now. Immediately purchased the IAP.

Is there a way send the chords one stem and the melody to another on AUM? Or maybe have one instance do only melody and another chords?

Thanks @AlexY. Yes, you can send the melody, the accompaniment and the optional third track from one instance of Piano Motifs to different instruments in AUM. Just assign individual MIDI channels in AUM (the default is all channels). The default in Piano Motifs is to send the melody to MIDI channel 1, the accompaniment to channel 2 and the optional third track to channel 3, but you can change this in the MIDI screen which you can get to by pressing the MIDI button on the top left.

• The AU works well in MultiTrack Studio. Records straight into the DAWs own piano roll no problem.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    The AU works well in MultiTrack Studio. Records straight into the DAWs own piano roll no problem.

Glad to hear the AU is working well in your workflow.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    The AU works well in MultiTrack Studio. Records straight into the DAWs own piano roll no problem.

If I remember correctly Piano Rolls has one MIDI out sending 2 (or 3) channels. Do you manage that (using 2 or 3 channels) with on instance in MTS?

• @prtr_jan said:

@Jumpercollins said:

If I remember correctly Piano Rolls has one MIDI out sending 2 (or 3) channels. Do you manage that (using 2 or 3 channels) with on instance in MTS?

Haven’t tried that yet

• @Jumpercollins said:

@prtr_jan said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Haven’t tried that yet

Ah. So you have Motifs controlling instruments in MTS 'from the outside' (in AUM/Audiobus/standalone)?

• Really loving this new update. Been getting a lot of use from it so far.

• @azul3D_Apps : The new update with AUv3 is just awesome. THANK YOU!

• @prtr_jan said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@prtr_jan said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Haven’t tried that yet

Ah. So you have Motifs controlling instruments in MTS 'from the outside' (in AUM/Audiobus/standalone)?

@prtr_jan You can select Motifs under the keyboard option inside MTS itself.

• it would be great if popups wouldn’t interfere with user interaction

For example i change the bpm and there is a pop up for like 2 seconds that make it impossible to use the app. Its very frustrating

• @HotStrange said:
    Really loving this new update. Been getting a lot of use from it so far.

@mulletsaison said:
    @azul3D_Apps : The new update with AUv3 is just awesome. THANK YOU!

Thanks @HotStrange and @mulletsaison!

• @cokomairena said:
    it would be great if popups wouldn’t interfere with user interaction

For example i change the bpm and there is a pop up for like 2 seconds that make it impossible to use the app. Its very frustrating

@cokomairena , sorry to hear you’re getting frustrated. In the AUv3 version of Piano Motifs a popup should only show up when loading a motif with a different BPM than the host BPM if in Sync mode. In the standalone version, a pop up will show up when trying to change BPM while a motif is playing. To which popup are you referring to?

• @azul3D_Apps said:

@cokomairena said:

@cokomairena , sorry to hear you’re getting frustrated. In the AUv3 version of Piano Motifs a popup should only show up when loading a motif with a different BPM than the host BPM if in Sync mode. In the standalone version, a pop up will show up when trying to change BPM while a motif is playing. To which popup are you referring to?

Im referring to standalone. I don’t use midi generators as AUv3 because Drambo doesn’t record its output.

• @cokomairena said:

@azul3D_Apps said:

@cokomairena said:

Im referring to standalone. I don’t use midi generators as AUv3 because Drambo doesn’t record its output.

Let me DM you so I can ask you some questions and understand the user interaction you need while a motif is playing.