Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Piano Motifs by Fernando Morales

Comments

• Wow love the new look and new workflow! Thanks for the continuous support of this app. What a sleeper hit this thing has been.

• @marcuspresident , @ghost_forests , @sambo, @gusgranite, @Model10000, @Jer4 , @HotStrange

Thanks for all the positive comments about the new UI, very glad to hear you're liking it!

• @Model10000 said:
    Even more of a pleasure to work with now. Nice work. Think you’ll ever make a morph mode where it just keeps generating in the background with no user intervention? Would pay for that as iap.

This is something that I had thought about before, but haven't pursued. I can't promise anything like this right now, but maybe is something that can be explored in the future.

• Thank You @azul3D_Apps this app is one of my favorites, and you continually improve it. You’ve truly done something special with this app. Congratulations on the new update. Cheers!

• Thanks, @Poppadocrock, very grateful for your support and feedback from early on.

• Would love to listen to some of your Piano Motifs creations. Here are some in different styles. All Piano Motifs generated (no note edits) with different instruments and effects.

You can find more of what Piano Motifs can produce at: https://soundcloud.com/azul-3d

• There’s a few comments on FB about the dark UI being difficult to read. Any plans for selectable themes?

• @gusgranite said:
    There’s a few comments on FB about the dark UI being difficult to read. Any plans for selectable themes?

Yes, there is a plan for different color palettes in the next revision.

• @azul3D_Apps said:

@gusgranite said:
    There’s a few comments on FB about the dark UI being difficult to read. Any plans for selectable themes?

Yes, there is a plan for different color palettes in the next revision.

Nice. That will be appreciated. 👍

• @azul3D_Apps Glad your considering light themes as hard to see on a iPhone great update.

• I loike the new UI. To save time, has any feature been removed? I don't know it well enough to be sure if something I'd use was ever there in the first place.

• @Ailerom said:
    I loike the new UI. To save time, has any feature been removed? I don't know it well enough to be sure if something I'd use was ever there in the first place.

No features have been removed, just some things have moved around a bit and some functionality has been enabled:

• Accompaniment and Melody Lock settings are now on the Main Screen.
    • Key, Scale and Time Signature settings are now on the Main Screen.
    • BPM can now be modified when looping (even when MIDI Out is Off).
    • Octave shifting can be performed while a motif is playing when MIDI Out is Off.
    • Octave shifting can be performed while a motif is playing when MIDI Out is On and Loop is set to more than 1.
    • Loop setting can be changed while a motif is playing.
  • @azul3D_Apps Thanks. I thought I could change the scale/mode before but can't now so thought it might have been removed. That was the only thing that had me perplexed but looks like it never was.

• @Ailerom said:
    @azul3D_Apps Thanks. I thought I could change the scale/mode before but can't now so thought it might have been removed. That was the only thing that had me perplexed but looks like it never was.

Hi @Ailerom,
    Just to clarify, you can still program the scale for the motif to be generated. You can’t change the scale for an already generated motif. Also, in the Arrangement screen you can change the key of a section. You can do this by incrementing or decrementing semitones.

• @azul3D_Apps said:

@Ailerom said:
    @azul3D_Apps Thanks. I thought I could change the scale/mode before but can't now so thought it might have been removed. That was the only thing that had me perplexed but looks like it never was.

Hi @Ailerom,
    Just to clarify, you can still program the scale for the motif to be generated. You can’t change the scale for an already generated motif. Also, in the Arrangement screen you can change the key of a section. You can do this by incrementing or decrementing semitones.

Still learning. Thanks for the response.

• First post for a while… inspired by @azul3D_Apps great work on Piano Motifs and the sample tracks he posted… just tweaked octaves of guitar and bass in AUM…

• @GeoTony said:
    First post for a while… inspired by @azul3D_Apps great work on Piano Motifs and the sample tracks he posted… just tweaked octaves of guitar and bass in AUM…

@GeoTony, glad to see you back creating some nice sounding tracks!

• I don’t see the Audio option in the Export window. Is that no longer an option?

• @wormfood said:
    I don’t see the Audio option in the Export window. Is that no longer an option?

Hi @wormfood, the audio option will only be there after you have played the motif to completion. This is because the audio is generated on the fly while the motif is being played.

• Ahhh, that makes sense and explains some things I’ve seen and then not seen… Thanks 👍🏽

• McDMcD
    edited May 2022

I had a play with the new interface… I like it over. Worth the wait. I like to point it at an AUM session (use AUM Destination MIDI targets for the chosen apps spread across MIDI channels 1-3).

And the same Piano Motif arrangement for Piano:

• @azul3D_Apps said:
    @marcuspresident , @ghost_forests , @sambo, @gusgranite, @Model10000, @Jer4 , @HotStrange

Thanks for all the positive comments about the new UI, very glad to hear you're liking it!

Thank you for the new UI, its much more useful than the previous version. Chord progressions on the fly while looping has been a GAME CHANGER for me!! 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

• A new version of Piano Motifs (v3.2) is now available. This version has the following new features:

• Added options for UI color palette and white labels. These can be found in the Settings Screen.
    • Fixed issue where loading a motif wasn't clearing octave shifts.
    • Fixed issue where some iPhone popup windows were not showing all the content.
    • Fixed issue where arpeggio sequence was defaulting to incorrect value when settings were reset.
    • Fixed motif naming issue. This happened when the string "bpm" was being used in the name and the add bpm/key/scale/ts option was ticked when saving.
    • Minor UI fixes and improvements.

Enjoy!

• @McD said:
    I had a play with the new interface… I like it over. Worth the wait. I like to point it at an AUM session (use AUM Destination MIDI targets for the chosen apps spread across MIDI channels 1-3).

And the same Piano Motif arrangement for Piano:

@McD, that instrumentation really changes the mood of the piano arrangement. Great to hear you’re liking the new UI.

• @ninobeatz said:
    Thank you for the new UI, its much more useful than the previous version. Chord progressions on the fly while looping has been a GAME CHANGER for me!! 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

Good to hear you find it much more useful, thanks!

• @Pierre118, @piccolo
    You will be happy to know that the latest version of Piano Motifs (v3.2) is available for M1 Macs also.
    One thing I noticed was that it seems to want to charge you again, but this isn't really true. If you press the buy button and you purchase it, it will say that the update is free because you already own the app. For MIDI Out, just go to Settings and press the Restore button.
    Please let me know if you encounter any issues.
    Enjoy!

• @azul3D_Apps said:

@Pierre118, @piccolo
    You will be happy to know that the latest version of Piano Motifs (v3.2) is available for M1 Macs also.
    One thing I noticed was that it seems to want to charge you again, but this isn't really true. If you press the buy button and you purchase it, it will say that the update is free because you already own the app. For MIDI Out, just go to Settings and press the Restore button.
    Enjoy!

👍

Thank you for adding this, looking forward to trying it out later. I wouldn’t mind if it did charge again.

• edited May 2022

@azul3D_Apps said:
    @Pierre118, @piccolo
    Enjoy!

Thank you, Fernando! First impression.....really impressive. Midi in-app purchase works well too. Just hit the tip bar, hope it helps a little bit.

• @azul3D_Apps said:
    @Pierre118, @piccolo
    Enjoy!

Thank you!

• @Pierre118 said:!

Thank you, Fernando! First impression.....really impressive. Midi in-app purchase works well too. Just hit the tip bar, hope it helps a little bit.

@Pierre118, thanks so much for your support!