Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Piano Motifs by Fernando Morales

1636465666769»

Comments

• @azul3D_Apps said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@azul3D_Apps said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@azul3D_Apps said:
    A new version of Piano Motifs (v4.55) is now available. What's new in this version:
    • Added a Melody setting that allows the generation of 16th notes in a motif. Please note that 16th notes are generated opportunistically in the melody. Motifs where the Melody Note Frequency is low might not have 16th notes.
    • Small fixes and improvements.

This video shows a track generated with this new feature:

Enjoy!

Dang, do you ever sleep? The 16th notes really add some nice variation! Thank you!

@lukesleepwalker, I do, when the cat doesn't wake me up at 5 AM for food 😊. Try arpeggios for Melody Constraint to add some spice to them.

Hahaha, I wish I didn't know what you meant when you describe the 5 am cat wake-up call! It's amazing how those dainty little cat paws can be used as daggers in my ribs while I'm sleeping...

She's actually pretty gentle when she wants food, just some touches without claws in the face, head, or hand. Now, when she's in attack mode (playing), she can be vicious 😸.

ha, for sure!

• Nice update! This app is really neat, and I’m having fun with it. Thanks for it!

• @Dav said:
    Nice update! This app is really neat, and I’m having fun with it. Thanks for it!

@Dav, glad to hear your having fun with Piano Motifs. Cheers!

• edited March 20

A new version of Piano Motifs (v4.57) is now available. What's new in this version:
    • Octave Shifts for both Melody and Accompaniment are now AU parameters that can be controlled externally.
    • Minor improvements.

Please note that octave shifts have a range that is dependent on each motif. Motifs will not go above octave 6 nor below octave 0. Octave shifts that cause the octave to go above/below those values will have no effect.

Enjoy!

• Many thanks for this Fernando 🙏

• edited March 21

@GeoTony said:
    Many thanks for this Fernando 🙏

Tony, thanks for suggesting this feature and for your help testing it!

• A new version of Piano Motifs (v4.59) is now available. What's new in this version:

• Added a Split option for a section in the Arrange Screen. This option allows for splitting a section into 2 different sections with the ability to determine the bar where the section should be split.
    • Added a Custom Color Palette option so that the user can select the colors used in the Main Screen.
    • Added a Tonic option for the Accomp Seq Accomp Style.
    • For popovers in the Settings Screen you can now dismiss them by clicking outside of them.

The Split option is equivalent to a Copy/Paste/Trim operation. It can be useful when, for example, you want to change the octaves of melody/accompaniment for certain bars of a motif but not all of them.

For better results when using the new Custom Color Palette, try to avoid dark colors (especially when the White UI Labels is Off) since these colors won't have enough contrast against the dark background of the Main Screen.

If you are enjoying using Piano Motifs and all its new features, please consider leaving a review in the App Store, it really helps.

Enjoy!

• Using the new custom Color Palette:

• edited March 28

@azul3D_Apps said:
    Using the new custom Color Palette:

Doh. I can’t close the Custom Color picker cause the ‘X’ is too far to the right on my iPhone.

• @echoopera said:

Doh. I can’t close the Custom Color picker cause the ‘X’ is too far to the right on my iPhone.

Hi @echoopera, is this the AUv3 or the standalone? What iPhone do you have? I’m using Apple’s own API for this, I wonder why it doesn’t display the whole window.

• edited March 28

@azul3D_Apps said:

@echoopera said:

Hi @echoopera, is this the AUv3 or the standalone? What iPhone do you have? I’m using Apple’s own API for this, I wonder why it doesn’t display the whole window.

It’s the stand alone version on my 13 Pro. The ‘X’ is partially cut off. It doesn’t recognize my taps in that area.

• @azul3D_Apps said:
    If you are enjoying using Piano Motifs and all its new features...

I DO ! 🤩

... consider leaving a review in the App Store, it really helps.

I did it 👍🏻

A feature I'd really like to be added, if technically possible, is, for the melody line, a kind of what the "chaos" button does in Hammerhead or the "infinity symbol" in Riffer ; but, with the ability to "activate" it after a given number of measures (like the "fill" fonction in drums apps).

• @Gratouilli said:

@azul3D_Apps said:
    If you are enjoying using Piano Motifs and all its new features...

I DO ! 🤩

... consider leaving a review in the App Store, it really helps.

I did it 👍🏻

A feature I'd really like to be added, if technically possible, is, for the melody line, a kind of what the "chaos" button does in Hammerhead or the "infinity symbol" in Riffer ; but, with the ability to "activate" it after a given number of measures (like the "fill" fonction in drums apps).

@Gratouilli, thanks for leaving a review!
    On your feature request, are you referring to adding some randomness to a specific bar in a motif, when you're in loop mode? When you're in loop mode, the motif has already been generated (including some post processing that is done after the motif is generated) and it is just being played, so the generation algorithm isn't active at that point, which would be needed to add randomness on a certain bar. So unfortunately, I don't think this can be currently implemented.

• @azul3D_Apps , yes it's exactly what I mean.
    That's not a big deal if it's not possible to implement, I really like Piano Motifs as it is and as it's always better after every update you make 👍🏻😉🙏🏻

• Just a heads up, version 4.59 introduced a bug where AU State Saving isn't working. A new version has been submitted to the App Store (expedited) and should soon be available. Sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused.

• @azul3D_Apps said:
    Just a heads up, version 4.59 introduced a bug where AU State Saving isn't working. A new version has been submitted to the App Store (expedited) and should soon be available. Sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused.

Version 4.60 which fixes the AU State Saving issue is now available.

• edited April 5

A New version of Piano Motifs (v4.62) is now available. What’s new in this version:
    • Added a new Roll Chords mode. When this mode is On, accompaniments with chords that have 3 notes or more will be rolled. You can set a percentage to determine randomly if a chord is rolled or not. (AUv3 Only)
    • Minor fixes and improvements.

Please note that chords will only be rolled when a motif is played. There is no chord rolling when exporting to MIDI.

Here is a motif using this new feature:

Enjoy!

• A New version of Piano Motifs (v4.63) is now available. What’s new in this version:

• Added the ability to select a separate MIDI channel for the harmony in MIDI Out mode.
    • Added the ability to load a file on the Main Screen when it is opened externally.
    • Improved the Rolled Chords algorithm for better selection of which chords to roll when using a value less than 100%
    • Chords that are rolled are now saved with the motif, so the same chords will be rolled as when you saved the motif.
    • Fixed issue where Rolled Chords were not working correctly for motifs with Melody Swing, 16th Melody Notes and Melody Triplets.
    • Fixed issue where Rolled chords were not working correctly for arrangements.
    • Minor fixes and improvements.

Enjoy!

• The man never sleeps 🎹 💤 🛌 🙏

• edited April 14

Hmm, just updated but sorry to report 3 crashes in 5 minutes of play.
    Usually a very stable app, I’ve not experienced this before.
    Running iOS 17.2 on a 2018 10.5” iPad Pro.

• @amarok said:

Hi @amarok, sorry you're having crashes with the latest update. If you don't mind I will DM you with some questions to narrow down the scenario for the crash you're having. Thanks.

• Hello

There is a display bug on the iPhone XS in the latest version.

• @amarok said:

The crash has been identified (with the help of @amarok, thanks). It can happen only in the AUv3 MIDI Plug-In, when the accompaniment has a chord that occurs in the last beats of a motif, Rolled Chords are On (will happen more often if Rolled Chords are at 100%) and either Melody 16th notes, Melody Triplets or Melody Swing Rhythm has been set. A fix has been implemented and will be available soon.

• @Cristus said:
    Hello

There is a display bug on the iPhone XS in the latest version.

@Cristus, sorry you're having display issues on the iPhone XS. I will take a look and see how I can fix this.

• edited April 16

@azul3D_Apps said:

@amarok said:

The crash has been identified (with the help of @amarok, thanks). It can happen only in the AUv3 MIDI Plug-In, when the accompaniment has a chord that occurs in the last beats of a motif, Rolled Chords are On (will happen more often if Rolled Chords are at 100%) and either Melody 16th notes, Melody Triplets or Melody Swing Rhythm has been set. A fix has been implemented and will be available soon.

A new version of Piano Motifs (v4.64) fixes the crash above, it also fixes a couple other issues:

• Fixed crash that happens when the accompaniment has a chord that occurs in the last beats of a motif, Rolled Chords are On (will happen more often if Rolled Chords are at 100%) and either Melody 16th Notes, Melody Triplets or Melody Swing Rhythm has been set. (AUv3 Plug-In Only)
    • Fixed issue where Rolled Chords weren't being performed when looping a motif that had either Melody 16th Notes, Melody Triplets or Melody Swing Rhythm set.
    • Fixed issue where when trying to add sections in the Arrange Screen, newer motifs (motifs generated after version 4.55) weren’t being displayed as options to select.

A video of a motif using this Melody 16th Notes and Rolled Chords in this version:

• A new version of Piano Motifs (v4.65) is now available:

• Added Experimental Accomp Style. When you choose this accompaniment a popup screen will be displayed where you can select the notes of the scale to be played (1-7), how often they will be played (Every) and with what initial delay they will be played (Delay). You can also select if you want the notes to be part of the Tonic Scale or the notes be part of the Chord that is being played on a certain bar. There is also a randomize button (dice) where the app will randomize all the Settings.
    • Fixed MIDI Out Screen UI for small iPhone devices (Compact Width - Compact Height).

Please note that when the Experimental Accomp Style is selected there will be no Melody track. To adjust the octave range of the notes played with this accompaniment use the Octave Min-Max Setting. Tip: If you want the result to be less dissonant try only using the 1-3-5 notes (which are chord triad notes) or add the other notes sparsely using a higher Every value.

• @azul3D_Apps said:
    A new version of Piano Motifs (v4.65) is now available:

• Added Experimental Accomp Style. When you choose this accompaniment a popup screen will be displayed where you can select the notes of the scale to be played (1-7), how often they will be played (Every) and with what initial delay they will be played (Delay). You can also select if you want the notes to be part of the Tonic Scale or the notes be part of the Chord that is being played on a certain bar. There is also a randomize button (dice) where the app will randomize all the Settings.
    • Fixed MIDI Out Screen UI for small iPhone devices (Compact Width - Compact Height).

Please note that when the Experimental Accomp Style is selected there will be no Melody track. To adjust the octave range of the notes played with this accompaniment use the Octave Min-Max Setting. Tip: If you want the result to be less dissonant try only using the 1-3-5 notes (which are chord triad notes) or add the other notes sparsely using a higher Every value.

I’m very excited

• @azul3D_Apps said:

Whoa, totally unexpected. This yields VERY different results from other arrangement types. Kudos on the randomization option!

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@azul3D_Apps said:

Whoa, totally unexpected. This yields VERY different results from other arrangement types. Kudos on the randomization option!

Thanks! It does come up with a more random less structured, sometimes more dissonant motif, but you can direct it like on this example:

• @audiblevideo said:

@azul3D_Apps said:

I’m very excited

@audiblevideo 👍✌️