Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OB-Xd by Jorge Reales

Comments

• I really don't see the AU GUI getting fixed. By calling it a beta in the update notes, it just gives him an out never to complete it.

• I think the big issue is that the real programmer and brains behind the company died in a tragic accident. The person that is now the company doesn't seem to have a background in software development and outsourced the coding to someone without knowing how to evaluate the result.

...On top of it, Mr Reales also seems to have a really bad temper and attitude towards his customers.

This doesn't bode well for the future. Hostility towards one's customers usually doesn't lead to great results.

I hope that I am wrong.

• @oat_phipps said:
    I really don't see the AU GUI getting fixed. By calling it a beta in the update notes, it just gives him an out never to complete it.

Exactly. The red flags are everywhere. Such a shame.

• @DCJ said:

@oat_phipps said:
    I really don't see the AU GUI getting fixed. By calling it a beta in the update notes, it just gives him an out never to complete it.

Well in fairness to him, he responded on FB to the feedback saying it would be addressed in the next update, so we can only wait. I downgraded the app to the original which works better for me on 12.9

• @DCJ said:

@oat_phipps said:

On the plus side, it does sound really good with some xmod, has a good filter, and it works rock solid as IAA. So I'm not gonna sweat giving him $2.80.

• @espiegel123 said:
    I think the big issue is that the real programmer and brains behind the company died in a tragic accident. The person that is now the company doesn't seem to have a background in software development and outsourced the coding to someone without knowing how to evaluate the result.

...On top of it, Mr Reales also seems to have a really bad temper and attitude towards his customers.

This doesn't bode well for the future. Hostility towards one's customers usually doesn't lead to great results.

I hope that I am wrong.

Yeah, the guy seems to have some pretty big issues, and it makes sense that he's in over his head is a big reason why. Doesn't make it excusable, but at least I can understand where he's coming from with the venom

• @oat_phipps said:

@DCJ said:

@oat_phipps said:

On the plus side, it does sound really good with some xmod, has a good filter, and it works rock solid as IAA. So I'm not gonna sweat giving him $2.80.

How did you manage to give him only $2.80? :D

Price is nothing. That’s doesn’t bother me. I returned on principle. He has to see that this way of working doesn’t work. If there are no downsides for him, there’s no reason to do better. Complaints simply don’t register it seems, but less money will.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I see the update is out. Do I have to buy it again for iPhone after already buying the iPad version?

• He also raised the price. That seems crazy for something that just now functions as advertised?

• Anyone know if this thing actually works yet? I have grave doubts, given the state it was in when I bought it, before returning it after being baffled by the utter contempt the dev clearly had for his users. But I'd like it if it did work, even if I would now have to pay a lot more for it than I originally did.

• Can it do user-programmable presets yet?
    I'm not thinking about buying this app until it can save presets.

• @DCJ said:
    He also raised the price. That seems crazy for something that just now functions as advertised?

If you read the dev's posts on KVR, it would not come as a surprise that he would do something that defies reason.

• @espiegel123 said:

@DCJ said:
    He also raised the price. That seems crazy for something that just now functions as advertised?

If you read the dev's posts on KVR, it would not come as a surprise that he would do something that defies reason.

And I'm wary because the latest update to AUV3 says, "AUv3 support (works nicely in GarageBand as Audio Unit Extension)." Does this mean that it only works as AUV3 in Garageband? Having read his posts on the 'other' fora, I'm not going to assume the positive spin on this one. I'll wait until people say, "this is great - works perfectly in all main hosts".

• I have a somewhat irrational fear that if I install this app in my phone it'll start taking money out of my pocket.

• @jipumarino said:
    I have a somewhat irrational fear that if I install this app in my phone it'll start taking money out of my pocket.

:smiley: Tbh, I think this is an entirely rational thought. It's like the shiny apple, this app - looks great on the outside but you might f*ck yourself up if you take a bite.

• Quick test didn‘t crash Cubasis. Graphic UI bug seems to be fixed. No readout of knob values (maybe on purpose?).

• @dermichl said:
    Quick test didn‘t crash Cubasis. Graphic UI bug seems to be fixed. No readout of knob values (maybe on purpose?).

Interesting. So AUV3 worked all fine and dandy? How about parameter automation - does that exist, and does it work?

• Wow cool, didn't expect this. The only thing now is the pulse width knob and oscillator 2 frequency knob are swapped (in the wrong place). Luckily the LFO still correctly controls PW when selected.

• @audio_DT said:

@dermichl said:
    Quick test didn‘t crash Cubasis. Graphic UI bug seems to be fixed. No readout of knob values (maybe on purpose?).

Interesting. So AUV3 worked all fine and dandy? How about parameter automation - does that exist, and does it work?

Didn‘t test indepth. Last time it was an instacrash. So it is already an improvement...

• @audio_DT said:

@dermichl said:

Everything is visible & assignable in Apematrix. Adding a couple random LFOs didn't crash it. Wood side panels are a nice touch. This is a quality synth in my book, I really like it. It doesn't nail nail the OB, but its filter is very good and it has the same type of vibe to it.

• Presets?

• @oat_phipps said:

@audio_DT said:

@dermichl said:

Everything is visible & assignable in Apematrix. Adding a couple random LFOs didn't crash it. Wood side panels are a nice touch. This is a quality synth in my book, I really like it. It doesn't nail nail the OB, but its filter is very good and it has the same type of vibe to it.

Thanks - looks promising. As soon as I find out it works properly in AUM, I might take the plunge. I might be a bloody fool, but we shall see.

• @nondes said:
    Presets?

Save them in your Daw. The synth is so ridiculously simple I can't see a need for other people's presets.

• I am very interested to hear music and sound created with it.

• Much better, this is a version I'm keeping :)
    No presets but I use the host presets for this.

• @Carnbot said:
    Much better, this is a version I'm keeping :)

I’m going to get it. I’d kind of promised myself I wouldn’t do so until it was cast-iron guaranteed working, but it looks so appetising.

• @audio_DT said:

@Carnbot said:
    Much better, this is a version I'm keeping :)

I’m going to get it. I’d kind of promised myself I wouldn’t do so until it was cast-iron guaranteed working, but it looks so appetising.

Ah, I immediately decided against it again, after remembering I’m using ios13 and that the dev has not exactly been up to scratch so far. Back to keeping tabs on it...!

• Has anyone that already bought the iPad version tried the iPhone one? It shows that I have to pay for it and don’t want to try it out. I know sometimes it’ll say I’ve already bought but knowing how this dev has been I wouldn’t be surprised if I’d get charged again

• @JackDwyerburger said:
    Has anyone that already bought the iPad version tried the iPhone one? It shows that I have to pay for it and don’t want to try it out. I know sometimes it’ll say I’ve already bought but knowing how this dev has been I wouldn’t be surprised if I’d get charged again

Same. I couldn't seem to find it under my past apps either which is odd.