Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OB-Xd by Jorge Reales

1101112131416»

Comments

• Yay, I’m glad they made it much easier to scroll the preset browser! Love this synth!

• Anyone else with this problem?
    I currently can't load preset banks anymore, when opening "Import Bank" all .fxb files are "grayed out".
    Same problem also with banks exported with OB-Xd before. Restarting the iPad did not bring any success.
    Don't want to uninstall and reinstall OX-Xd, if it goes wrong the currently 15 loaded preset banks are all gone...
    iPad Pro 12.9" iOS 16.4.1

• edited October 2023

@ZankFrappa said:
    Anyone else with this problem?
    I currently can't load preset banks anymore, when opening "Import Bank" all .fxb files are "grayed out".
    Same problem also with banks exported with OB-Xd before. Restarting the iPad did not bring any success.
    Don't want to uninstall and reinstall OX-Xd, if it goes wrong the currently 15 loaded preset banks are all gone...

I've collected 45 different banks of presets, so if you know which ones you have now, just let me know and I could post them here for you (I think).

And by the way, you should try offloading and then re-downloading the synth app before you delete it. Go to:

Settings > General > iPad Storage > OB-Xd > Offload App

• edited October 2023

(Yes, the test post worked)

• @NeuM said:

@ZankFrappa said:

I've collected 45 different banks of presets, so if you know which ones you have now, just let me know and I could post them here for you (I think).

And by the way, you should try offloading and then re-downloading the synth app before you delete it. Go to:

Thanks for your offer, but I still have my preset banks as a backup on the Mac (but not 45, wow). But if the reinstallation doesn't bring any change, I can no longer re-import my presets.

I just discovered another problem:
    My imported preset banks only appear in the standalone app, but no longer in the au-plug.
    I bought and imported the last bank in March. Shortly afterwards there was an update to the app. I think that the problems have existed since then?

• @ZankFrappa said:

@NeuM said:

@ZankFrappa said:

Thanks for your offer, but I still have my preset banks as a backup on the Mac (but not 45, wow). But if the reinstallation doesn't bring any change, I can no longer re-import my presets.

My imported preset banks only appear in the standalone app, but no longer in the au-plug.
    I bought and imported the last bank in March. Shortly afterwards there was an update to the app. I think that the problems have existed since then?

It’s difficult to know when the problem started for your app. And since I’ve not experienced the same difficulties I really cant offer additional insight. I suppose you could contact Jorge Reales and see if he has any advice?

https://www.discodsp.com/support/

• The original dev died. Not sure if Jorge is the current or the original.

• @Svetlovska said:
    The original dev died. Not sure if Jorge is the current or the original.

Oh wow I had no idea that’s horrible. Recently?

I love the DiscoDSP stuff. I hope they’ll port some more to iOS eventually.

• @NeuM said:

@ZankFrappa said:

@NeuM said:

@ZankFrappa said:

It’s difficult to know when the problem started for your app. And since I’ve not experienced the same difficulties I really cant offer additional insight. I suppose you could contact Jorge Reales and see if he has any advice?

Offloading the app didn't change anything, update to iOS to 16.7.1 as well. I will uninstall and reinstall the app later today.
    I think the developer will suggest me to do exactly that ;) If that doesn't help either, I guess I'll have to contact him after all.
    Anyway, thank you very much for your help. Will also search the www for more presets later. Obviously I'm still missing at least 30 banks :) :) :)

• edited October 2023

@ZankFrappa said:

@NeuM said:

@ZankFrappa said:

@NeuM said:

@ZankFrappa said:

Offloading the app didn't change anything, update to iOS to 16.7.1 as well. I will uninstall and reinstall the app later today.
    I think the developer will suggest me to do exactly that ;) If that doesn't help either, I guess I'll have to contact him after all.
    Anyway, thank you very much for your help. Will also search the www for more presets later. Obviously I'm still missing at least 30 banks :) :) :)

Confirmed. Banks inside the app are mostly gone, and when trying to import them they are greyed out. App is otherwise working but with far less presets. iPad Air 4, iPadOS 16.7.1. Something has happened. No essential app for me so I won’t take any action, just confirming as I have it in my synth folder.

/DMfan🇸🇪

• edited October 2023

@ZankFrappa said:

@NeuM said:

@ZankFrappa said:

@NeuM said:

@ZankFrappa said:

You're welcome. Honestly, I don't even remember where I got all of these banks of patches, but here they are if the names help you find more of them to add to your collection. I think some of them used to be free and may not be now:

Ah, but I did find these sources...

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/47925/finding-and-loading-new-ob-xd-patches

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/ob-xd---virtual-analog-synthesizer-by-discodsp/downloads

• @DMfan said:

@ZankFrappa said:

@NeuM said:

@ZankFrappa said:

@NeuM said:

@ZankFrappa said:

Confirmed. Banks inside the app are mostly gone, and when trying to import them they are greyed out. App is otherwise working but with far less presets. iPad Air 4, iPadOS 16.7.1. Something has happened. No essential app for me so I won’t take any action, just confirming as I have it in my synth folder.

/DMfan🇸🇪

thanks for confirming
    In the meantime I uninstalled OB-Xd, restarted iPad, reloaded OB-Xd, restarted iPad again, and lo and behold: I still can't import presets :)
    I have written to the developer DiscoDSP and hope for a quick response.

• @NeuM said:

@ZankFrappa said:

@NeuM said:

@ZankFrappa said:

@NeuM said:

@ZankFrappa said:

You're welcome. Honestly, I don't even remember where I got all of these banks of patches, but here they are if the names help you find more of them to add to your collection. I think some of them used to be free and may not be now:

Ah, but I did find these sources...

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/47925/finding-and-loading-new-ob-xd-patches

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/ob-xd---virtual-analog-synthesizer-by-discodsp/downloads

thanks for the preset list, but: have compared it with my list and noticed that almost all are "only" Factory banks, some double (crossed out in red on the picture). The remaining banks could be predecessors of the KVR factory banks.

This is how it looks, or better: looked :) to me
    000 to 023 are the 24 factory banks, without number the self installed ones (free and paid).

Have nevertheless searched again in the www and found some more banks and presets.
    Hopefully soon comes an update to import everything again...

• Well, either way... best of luck getting your issue resolved, @ZankFrappa.

• Did find the CoolWAV patches here: https://coolwav.com/b/XTQ4v

• edited December 2023

Incidentally, the desktop version of OB-Xd came out (it's now version 3).

After I upgraded, the software lost all of my presets and all of my Banks I've imported and every GarageBand and Logic Pro project I have no longer recognizes the plug-in, until I manually find and load it... and all of my tweaked presets I had on my tracks are gone. Not at all happy about this. This is a gigantic unforced error by Jorge Reales.

• If you scroll down on the OB-Xd website, you can still download version 2.14. But v2.14 installs 16 factory banks less than v2.11. If I knew if it was legal, I would upload my backup of all factory banks here.
    I first installed v2.11 (was still on the website), made a backup of the banks and deleted them from the system folder. Then installed v2.14 and copied the new banks to the backup. All in all, I now have 37 factory banks, which also work with iOS.

• edited December 2023

@ZankFrappa said:
    If you scroll down on the OB-Xd website, you can still download version 2.14. But v2.14 installs 16 factory banks less than v2.11. If I knew if it was legal, I would upload my backup of all factory banks here.
    I first installed v2.11 (was still on the website), made a backup of the banks and deleted them from the system folder. Then installed v2.14 and copied the new banks to the backup. All in all, I now have 37 factory banks, which also work with iOS.

I got rid of version 3 and went back to version 2.14. Version 3 seriously screwed up my production files AND it won't retain the patch you choose! Total car crash of an update. I had to revert to older saved versions of my files to be rid of the version 3 changes.

• @ZankFrappa said:
    If you scroll down on the OB-Xd website, you can still download version 2.14. But v2.14 installs 16 factory banks less than v2.11. If I knew if it was legal, I would upload my backup of all factory banks here.

It’s legal and justified, do it

• @oat_phipps said:

@ZankFrappa said:

It’s legal and justified, do it

Hoping you are right ;)
    Here are the factory banks of desktop versions 2.11 and 2.14. As I said, the banks also load in iOS.
    Some of v2.14 are not included in the iOS version (banks 000-011, 018 &019)