Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OB-Xd by Jorge Reales

Comments

• Ah! Glad the polyphony was fixed. I thought i was going crazy the other day when I was only getting 4 notes.

• @White said:
    Version 1.2 is out:

120+ new presets.
    Fixed polyphony configuration bug.

Hope he can make opening up the presets menu easier I though the new TAL synth menu system was bad but this one takes the biscuit. So hit and miss to open it.

• Thank you, than you , thank you B)

• @Jumpercollins said:

@White said:
    Version 1.2 is out:

120+ new presets.
    Fixed polyphony configuration bug.

Hope he can make opening up the presets menu easier I though the new TAL synth menu system was bad but this one takes the biscuit. So hit and miss to open it.

? - just tap on the downward pointing arrow to the right of OB-Xd text in upper left corner. Opens every time. For TAL I find it best to tap and hold then slide my finger to the target.

• Still no way to save patches in the synth though, can only save using AUM.

• @auxmux said:
    Still no way to save patches in the synth though, can only save using AUM.

Or other host. That’s a pain!

• Yeah, I’m hoping these are just iterative releases that are heading to a full preset system. If not, then why would the dev bother at all?

• The developer is working on OB-Xd 2.0, hopefully for IOS too:

• Looks nice

• @White said:
    The developer is working on OB-Xd 2.0, hopefully for IOS too:

I like that! 😎👍🏼

• Is this thing a 'buy' now or still a 'ummmmmm...?".

• Definitely a buy. One of my favourite synths.

• @qryss said:
    Definitely a buy. One of my favourite synths.

Thanks. Is this a dig right in and program synth or a preset-type machine?

• @kinkujin said:

@qryss said:

Both. There’s a decent amount of presets as starting points. Only issue now is you have to save in host. Hopefully that will be addressed in update.

• @anickt said:

@kinkujin said:

@qryss said:

Both. There’s a decent amount of presets as starting points. Only issue now is you have to save in host. Hopefully that will be addressed in update.

Thanks!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited April 2020

@BCKeys : excellent suggestion! I’d also add that this synth really comes alive with a touch of pretty much any reverb (the free Zero Reverb works just fine.)

• I put crushstation and Blackhole on here last night, and it was dirty delicious.

• @BCKeys said:
    I think the dev should open the presets export/import fonction and let the iOS Music community delivering tons of presets on patchstorage. It’s a good way to become popular :)

I'll settle for fxp import and Files app support.

• edited April 2020

@kinkujin said:

@qryss said:

It’s a cinch to program, there are few parameters. Just a tad more complex than the Tal Juno, as in even beginners who know the basic subtractive architecture shouldn’t have any problem. I love me a one page synth. It isnt quite an Oberheim, but it approaches that territory enough for me to feel satisfied about not spending 3 grand.

And with the presets added, there’s really not much you’d have to do yourself besides the most wacky, outer-edges stuff it can do (which isn’t too crazy or tricky to achieve anyway).

To the preset users I must recommend you to make sure and explore the x-mod knob; it's half of what gives the synth its character but 0 of the presets I went through used it, not even the Blade Runner one, which is criminal. The x-mod on this is what the chorus is to the Tal Juno.

• @White said:
    The developer is working on OB-Xd 2.0, hopefully for IOS too:

Beta testers required !

• This track well put together.

• edited April 2020

Having another play on this and enjoying the new presets.
    But it is a pain it not saying anywhere what preset I am using and having to engage the whole drop down menu whenever I want to change one.
    I imagine it wouldn’t be that hard to display the name of the preset and have a pair of forward/back arrows either side of it?

PS @Jumpercollins nice tune!

• Version 1.3 is out:

Enhanced presets browser.
    Scrollable GUI window.

• Seriously, does the dev even test this app on iOS?!

The 'new and improved' preset browser thing gets 'offset' to the left when pressing the down arrow (it goes outside the screen) pressing on the preset name works but there is no way apart from reloading the plug-in to get the preset list back...

Oh well, it sounds good so I'll keep it on my iPad for now :D

• Previous version worked fine in Zenbeats including AU parameters. This one won't even load. A re-scan puts it in quarantine and it won't load from there. Any other ZB users tried it?

• 'Enhanced' :#

• @Samu said:
    Seriously, does the dev even test this app on iOS?!

The 'new and improved' preset browser thing gets 'offset' to the left when pressing the down arrow (it goes outside the screen) pressing on the preset name works but there is no way apart from reloading the plug-in to get the preset list back...

Oh well, it sounds good so I'll keep it on my iPad for now :D

Same here.

A work around (that works for me in AUM at least)...
    Resize the AU window and make it very small. After the resize, tapping on the preset name shows the list of presets as a single column on the left side of the tiny window.

It's a shame because it's such a great sounding synth. How a bug like that could escape detection is a mystery.

• @horsetrainer said:

It's a shame because it's such a great sounding synth. How a bug like that could escape detection is a mystery.

I guess it'll be fixed when the option to save user-presets within the app/auv3 comes or something like that :)

• OB-Xd has been updated to fix the preset menu.
    It's been working well for me.

I'm glad the dev is supporting this app. The sounds are fantastic.