Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OB-Xd by Jorge Reales

Comments

• @rezidue said:

@JackDwyerburger said:
    Has anyone that already bought the iPad version tried the iPhone one? It shows that I have to pay for it and don’t want to try it out. I know sometimes it’ll say I’ve already bought but knowing how this dev has been I wouldn’t be surprised if I’d get charged again

Same. I couldn't seem to find it under my past apps either which is odd.

I think this (not seeing them in past purchases, being shown the price and then getting a message that you already have it and thus it's free) is standard behavior when apps go universal

• Anyone checked it works on ipadOS, perchance?

• Okay I’ll try it out and just get a return if I am actually charged and report back

• Hi everyone. New around here but did buy this app when it came out.

Currently, I'm experiencing crashes whenever I load more than one instance in AUM or in GarageBand on either iPad or iPhone. One instance works well so far and presets I've made are appearing properly. Just cannot load more than one instance without issues.

The $7.99 USD price showed on my iPhone in the app store. I purchased it and was presented with a screen informing me that this update is free. Wasn't charged anything and it downloaded properly.

Hope this helps someone at this point. Great forum!

iPad 2016 9.7 iOS 12.2
    iPhone 8+ iOS 12.3.2

• Okay yeah it’s all good when you purchase. It’ll say you bought it already

• @FrankChilds said:
    Hi everyone. New around here but did buy this app when it came out.

Currently, I'm experiencing crashes whenever I load more than one instance in AUM or in GarageBand on either iPad or iPhone. One instance works well so far and presets I've made are appearing properly. Just cannot load more than one instance without issues.

The $7.99 USD price showed on my iPhone in the app store. I purchased it and was presented with a screen informing me that this update is free. Wasn't charged anything and it downloaded properly.

iPad 2016 9.7 iOS 12.2
    iPhone 8+ iOS 12.3.2

Very helpful first post, Frank. Welcome!

• @audio_DT said:

@FrankChilds said:
    Hi everyone. New around here but did buy this app when it came out.

iPad 2016 9.7 iOS 12.2
    iPhone 8+ iOS 12.3.2

Very helpful first post, Frank. Welcome!

@audio_DT Thank you for the welcome. This forum has been a great find for me. Glad I could give a little something back. Cheers!

• edited August 2019

The new update makes the GUI look right when loaded in AUM as AUv3. Nice.

• @espiegel123 said:

@DCJ said:
    He also raised the price. That seems crazy for something that just now functions as advertised?

If you read the dev's posts on KVR, it would not come as a surprise that he would do something that defies reason.

Oh I’ve read them. So I shouldn’t be surprised. It’s like he decided to reward himself for fixing his own mistakes. 🙄

• @oat_phipps said:
    Wow cool, didn't expect this. The only thing now is the pulse width knob and oscillator 2 frequency knob are swapped (in the wrong place). Luckily the LFO still correctly controls PW when selected.

Looks like he just patched this

• quick check in Nanostudio - everything looks ok now, automatin of parameters works, saving/loading patches using NS patch librsry works fine.. export at higher samole rates (96khz) works fine

UI is ok, but the way how it resizes is not ideal, on iPad MINI with NS keyboard active knobs are REALLY small...

• 3 instances crash for me, but he is aware of it so hopefully a fix will come.

• @Carnbot said:
    3 instances crash for me, but he is aware of it so hopefully a fix will come.

yeah confirming.. 2 are ok, third - crash.

• Anyone tried this in ipadOS beta? If it works, I’m going to grab it.

• @audio_DT said:
    Anyone tried this in ipadOS beta? If it works, I’m going to grab it.

Had a quick go in AUM on ipadOs beta, didn't see any problems other than the 3 instance crash issue.

• @Carnbot said:

@audio_DT said:
    Anyone tried this in ipadOS beta? If it works, I’m going to grab it.

Had a quick go in AUM on ipadOs beta, didn't see any problems other than the 3 instance crash issue.

Many thanks. I’m going to give it a go, then. Here we go...

• Hm, getting lot of glitches when unison is activated, anybody with same experience ?

• It’s been a silly ride since this came out but it really does sound great. Low cpu hit as well, it’s becoming one of my most used now that it’s functional

• Just bought it. Tried it in AUM with two instances with no problems. I’m using iPad Pro 2018, 12.9, ipadOS beta. It could do with some presets, but the absence of them will encourage me to have a fiddle about and come up with my own. Pretty nice sounding so far, but I’ve not done much with it yet.

• edited August 2019

@JackDwyerburger said:
    It’s been a silly ride since this came out but it really does sound great. Low cpu hit as well, it’s becoming one of my most used now that it’s functional

This.. very nice sounding cross modulation and filter resonance.. fast lfo modulation sounds very solid...

• Has anyone tried the recent update? Says that it fixes the “more than two instances crash”. Anyone have any first-hand experience?

• edited August 2019

@MrFromage said:
    Has anyone tried the recent update? Says that it fixes the “more than two instances crash”. Anyone have any first-hand experience?

Yeah, rock solid, runnnig 30 instances of default patch (in NS2, buffer high, cpu load around 35%, ipad Mini5) and very stable...

btw'. to avoid too much excitement about that low cpu load - that's just default patch, as soon as you start adding unison and cross modulation, cpu load goes significantly higher, of course :-)

But still it's one of best cpu optimalised synths especially taking innacount how good it sounds

• @dendy said:

Yeah, rock solid, runnnig 30 instances of default patch (in NS2, buffer high, cpu load around 35%, ipad Mini5) and very stable...

Thanks for the good news, @dendy .

• Can someone post sounds made with this synth?

• @espiegel123 said:
    Can someone post sounds made with this synth?

Here’s a basic little demo I just made for it. I’m just messing around with it but it shows off some of what you can dial in

• Just purchased. It looks good. In AUM I can load all the units I need without any crash.

• So now a few folk have been using this for a month or two, how does it rate?
    And what would persuade someone who already owns a whole bunch of synths to get this one too?

• @TimRussell said:
    So now a few folk have been using this for a month or two, how does it rate?
    And what would persuade someone who already owns a whole bunch of synths to get this one too?

Not trying to convince anyone to buy it but I'm actually enjoying it for noodling.
    (Finally figured out that the 'step' button locks the tuning to semi-tones when tweaking).

Pair it with FAC Chorus and a few other effects and it's pretty darn capable :)

• edited January 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.