Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OB-Xd by Jorge Reales

Comments

• @DCJ said:
    https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7414604#p7414604

This man is officially insane. This behavior is indefensible. Why do we think he cares at all about customers? Why are we surprised he didn’t care enough to release a usable product? My brain is spinning reading these threads. Thank god it only took me $4 to find out.

Just reading threads on this guy. I think I’ll be returning ob-dx as soon as the apple receipt comes through. It doesn’t inspire confidence that the problems it currently has - which are far beyond any other music app I’ve ever bought - will be sorted properly, or the app updated regularly. Or that the guy will be fair with customers. He’s not very popular, it seems. https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7414794#p7414794

• @audio_DT said:

@DCJ said:

This man is officially insane. This behavior is indefensible. Why do we think he cares at all about customers? Why are we surprised he didn’t care enough to release a usable product? My brain is spinning reading these threads. Thank god it only took me $4 to find out.

Just reading threads on this guy. I think I’ll be returning ob-dx as soon as the apple receipt comes through. It doesn’t inspire confidence that the problems it currently has - which are far beyond any other music app I’ve ever bought - will be sorted properly, or the app updated regularly. Or that the guy will be fair with customers. He’s not very popular, it seems. https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7414794#p7414794

Oh man this is toxic behavior

• @Dham said:
    One good thing has resulted from this OB-Xd debacle, I have rediscovered what a polished, powerful app. Syntronik is. I had all but forgotten that it also has Oberheim OB-X and OB-Xa emulations, dozens of effects and AU3! https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/syntronikios/

I have the free version of Syntronik. I think it's ok.

But it's not in the same category as having a fully functional emulator of a classic synth....
    Like for example... The Korg ARP Odyssey app, or the Moog Model D app.

• Someone else can always make another AUv3 version with the source code
    https://github.com/reales/OB-Xd

• I will give him time to fix the problem. After all he is new iOS dev. But in in a couple weeks if he does not fix the ui or at least communicate with us we should all ask for a reimbursement from Apple. I know I will. 90 days countdown starts yesterday for me.

• @ecou said:
    I will give him time to fix the problem. After all he is new iOS dev. But in in a couple weeks if he does not fix the ui or at least communicate with us we should all ask for a reimbursement from Apple. I know I will. 90 days countdown starts yesterday for me.

Apple’s cut off is 14 days, though, and I they’d budge. The app in its current state is laughably incomplete, though, it has to be said. It’s almost comedic.

• @horsetrainer said:

@Dham said:
    One good thing has resulted from this OB-Xd debacle, I have rediscovered what a polished, powerful app. Syntronik is. I had all but forgotten that it also has Oberheim OB-X and OB-Xa emulations, dozens of effects and AU3! https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/syntronikios/

I have the free version of Syntronik. I think it's ok.

But it's not in the same category as having a fully functional emulator of a classic synth....
    Like for example... The Korg ARP Odyssey app, or the Moog Model D app.

True enough, but for my purposes the OB-X in Syntronik sounds good enough and they run on both my Iphone and Ipad. I also have all of the Moog and Korg apps. They are great!

• @audio_DT said:

@DCJ said:

Yeah I read that whole thread in shock. But I thought maybe it’s a small group complaining (I didn’t truly believe that but decided to suspend belief briefly). It’s when I read his actual thread and comments that I knew he is exactly who they said he is. Pretty wild to be that dismissive and arrogant to the people you need the most.

• The update disabling the Auv3 just arrived today in the Canadian store. Lol

• Apple let me refund it (they said no when I tried the last time).

• @gusgranite said:
    Apple let me refund it (they said no when I tried the last time).

That was fast the refund is going through already for me. I just clicked report a problem and it went through right away no questions asked. This is the 2nd app I’ve ever requested a refund for. As bad as this is on release for everyone, I don’t have hopes this will ever get fixed.

• I do hope George gets things sorted out, DiscoDSP has some great synth plugins, but what disturbs me is this release on iOS coupled with the ‘cloud’ introduction for the desktop, then George’s reaction to the views of his customers.

• @knewspeak said:
    I do hope George gets things sorted out, DiscoDSP has some great synth plugins, but what disturbs me is this release on iOS coupled with the ‘cloud’ introduction for the desktop, then George’s reaction to the views of his customers.

Same. Will re-buy it if things get sorted out.

• This is simple.

DiscoDSP is not an option.

• I’m willing to give it about a week; admittedly this is quite a botched job and I’m VERY surprised this got through the app store’s approval process. I’m worried, though, that all the current drama regarding his other products make provoke him to entirely walk away from working on anything (a sort of “If I can’t win I’m taking the ball home with me” kind of approach).

In any case, I was pretty excited to fiddle around with some Prince sounds but I guess I won’t break out the purpleness yet! :|

• Hmm I’m reserving judgement since he’s new to iOS.
    I think the chances of him fixing the issues are high since after all the work any financial gain would be lost, since it’s mainly just fixing the gui. He’s also been pretty responsive so far on FB.

Seems very similar to Dexed release, and that’s mostly fixed now.

• I’ve just returned it for a refund, based on the outrageously poor current state the app is in, but also, and mostly, because the guy seems like a pretty dodgy character. If the app is fixed and works properly, I’ll buy it again. I agree that it’s good to support devs moving over to iOS, but he’s really not doing himself any favours by mocking and berating his customers. And it’s not possible that he didn’t know his first iOS app is not even just a good gui without any functionality - both functionality and aesthetics are piss-poor at the moment. I hope this changes because having the synth would be great - but only if it, you know, works.

• from facebook auv3 plugins group:

• @dendy said:
    from facebook auv3 plugins group:

That quote about coders disappearing doesn't sound promising at all.

I guess there's a lot of 'disappearing acts' that cause delays in app updates but at least this developer is honest and tells it while others try to pretend that 'everything is fine' and that will only bite back big time...
    (No apps mentioned, no apps forgotten but a few come to mind).

• Maybe is the same coder from Cloud subscription for DiscoDSP Scam

• edited May 2019

@Samu keeps bringing the fire lately :)

I feel like he's planning a big exposé one of these days. Shady devs better watch out!

• edited May 2019

@tk32 said:
    @Samu keeps bringing the fire lately :)

I feel like he's planning a big exposé one of these days. Shady devs better watch out!

Well, out of respect I'll let the parties involved start the real fire in due time...
    ...I just feel it gives false sense of security to think everything is cool as ice and the total radio silence or bad 'copy & paste answers' do not help and is far from the proper way to go about it :)

At least in this case discoDSP is honest about the situation which should gain some respect!

• Jorge has always struck me as a character who is more hapless than dodgy. He founded DiscoDSP with Juan Antonio Arguelles Rius who was kind of a genius (and died tragically young in a car accident). Juan did all the programming and Jorge did the sales. When Jorge left to join Imagine Line Jorge tried to keep the company going without a dedicated programmer. They don't really do new stuff, hence the focus on trying to monetize old synths.

Incidentally on that thread that was linked to - while the subscription thing is pretty dodgy, the post that was linked to (the guy claiming that Jorge was hassling him) seemed a bit off to me. I suspect that guy was making it up due to an existing beef with Jorge. KVR Audio dramas - sigh (though the DSP sub-forum is really great).

• well I played this app yesterday with my microkey and it sounded really good, made some very nice patches that I couldn’t save. Took screenshots instead. Try this one for instance :
    . Eager for the updates since I loved the sound that much.

• Let's wait a few weeks and see... I would be interested too but not at present state.

• edited May 2019

This always seemed like a lame cash grab seeing as the pc version is open source. If something was done to really add to it, then that’d be worth some money, but that ain’t what was done here. Obxd sounds awesome, but THIS is SHOVELWARE pure and simple.

Never mind the fact that the problems with this are IMMEDIATELY apparent after a minute of use. The suggestion that testing was done and these issues weren’t spotted is laughable. There was testing. These issues were apparent and they dumped it to the store anyway to try and make a quick buck. Why ANYONE is giving this guy the benefit of the doubt is absolutely beyond me.

Edit: And I’ll add that I hope disco WILL walk away from iOS as a result of this. They are not adding value to the platform. They didn’t develop this synth in any meaningful sense (that was done by others) and it’s clear they aren’t capable of developing anything else that will add value. This is not the kind of situation where some new well-meaning developer is sticking their toe in the water with something cool -- this is a long-established company that has been watching their reputation circle around the drain for a while.

• @legsmechanical said:
    This always seemed like a lame cash grab seeing as the pc version is open source. If something was done to really add to it, then that’d be worth some money, but that ain’t what was done here. Obxd sounds awesome, but THIS is SHOVELWARE pure and simple.

Porting the synth to IOS and making it an AU3 is hardly 'nothing'. Assuming these things happen. And the source code to the port has been released.

• @cian said:

@legsmechanical said:

Porting the synth to IOS and making it an AU3 is hardly 'nothing'. Assuming these things happen. And the source code to the port has been released.

Obviously. But it doesn't work for shit. "How can we make it barely functional on a new platform with minimal effort to get these iOS dopes to fork over a few bucks before they realize this is trash?"

• @legsmechanical said:

@cian said:

@legsmechanical said:

Obviously. But it doesn't work for shit. "How can we make it barely functional on a new platform with minimal effort to get these iOS dopes to fork over a few bucks before they realize this is trash?"

And making money off of a port of open source software is incredibly lame. You know who spent more time than you did porting it? The guy who wrote the whole thing from the start and gave it to the community gratis. And then someone goes and exploits all that work to put a buck in their pocket.... gross.

• edited May 2019

@cian said:
    Jorge has always struck me as a character who is more hapless than dodgy. He founded DiscoDSP with Juan Antonio Arguelles Rius who was kind of a genius (and died tragically young in a car accident).

Good that si somebody mentioned that - he made lot of great Buzz tracker synths, Psycle tracker, Noise Trekker (which was used later as basis for Renoise), and of course allmajor DiscoDSP synths (except of OB-Xd). He had even music project "Alienated Buddha"

Extremely talented guy,RIP !