Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

Comments

• @caspergomez said:

@Crabman said:
    Regarding Rex...i have a dream to convert part of my logic apple loops library into wav...someday,could be fun to use it there.But also a lot of work.Dunno,seems a fun addition anyway.Sure there must be some free rex loops as well to play a little.

Good luck with that.

Initially, I planned to do the same but in fact that's insane.
    So I prefer to have the WAV and AIFF files ready and convert them to RX2 by demand.
    Other than that I've collected a few nice RX2 files over the time. Before dumping them into Gadget, I'll consciously pick the ones I really want because when the library grows to an insane size, browsing through loops is not much fun anymore.

• @caspergomez said:

@Peter321 said:

@MAtrixplan said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:
    @MAtrixplan It has all the gadgets except Gadget if that makes sense!!

A collection of separate vst instruments. Really hope the Export works, will be buying this tomorrow evening anyway

If You will have it please confirm because when they announced it there was about half of Gadgets and they were promising to add more in future updates

Here are the plugins installed on Mac by the Gadget Plugins Bundle:

Peter, is Lexington as a plug-in full blown with arps?

No, all the plugins are the Gadget versions - so Lexington is Lexington, not Odyssey

Same as for example Darwin - not the iM1 with editor - just what's in Gadget.

They do call it "The Gadget Plugin Collection" for a reason I guess ;)

• Thanks for the info Peter. I wonder why they didn’t include arps in Lex... think it’s time/Budget constraints?

• What’s the situation
    With the module expansions? Included or no?

• edited August 2019

@LucidMusicInc said:
    What’s the situation

The VST Plugins? No :(

• @caspergomez said:
    Thanks for the info Peter. I wonder why they didn’t include arps in Lex... think it’s time/Budget constraints?

It's a different product - they also sell a bundle with the full versions (but without all the Gadget IAP's):

https://korg.shop/korg-collection-special-bundle.html

• Not sure what ya mean by a different product. ODYSSEi has arps and Lex doesn’t on iOS, et al.

I was just wondering why you think they made that decision to leave out the arps in Lex.

• A rogue Korg employee posted somewhere about the arpeggios.

Apparently it was a deliberate attack on an unnamed individual. Shocking behavior imo

• Yeah. That’s gotta be it.

• @maxwellhouser said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    What’s the situation

probably a licensing reason. I'll stick with the IOS version in the hopes that they keep improving it. Looping in song arranger is needed so badly.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@maxwellhouser said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    What’s the situation

probably a licensing reason. I'll stick with the IOS version in the hopes that they keep improving it. Looping in song arranger is needed so badly.

Looping in what sense?

• @caspergomez said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@maxwellhouser said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    What’s the situation

Looping in what sense?

Let's say your song is 40 scenes long and you need to loop scenes 5-10 as an example, can't do that as Gadget is now.

I'd also love to be able to seamlessly scroll between scenes when editing a pattern making it easier to do automations that spans across multiple scenes.

• @caspergomez said:
    Not sure what ya mean by a different product. ODYSSEi has arps and Lex doesn’t on iOS, et al.

I was just wondering why you think they made that decision to leave out the arps in Lex.

I mean that it's two different Plugin Collections - The Gadget Plugin Collections contains more instruments, but are the simpler Gadget versions, the other collection are the full versions, like the stand alone apps in iOS.

• @caspergomez said:
    Not sure what ya mean by a different product. ODYSSEi has arps and Lex doesn’t on iOS, et al.

Well, there are arps in every gadget (tap the SCALE button on the left-hand side of the keyboard). And while there are around a hundred variations available, you can't program them.

• oops,i just realized what a Fort Knox the whole Rex thing is.So no (easy and free) chance of own Rex loops and free ones seem pretty rare.Dang.

• Wonder how hard it is to convert to Rex in iOS.

@Crabman said:
    oops,i just realized what a Fort Knox the whole Rex thing is.So no (easy and free) chance of own Rex loops and free ones seem pretty rare.Dang.

• edited August 2019

As far as i know know now there are only two possibilities to create own rex files: Recycle or Reason on Desktop.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Wonder how hard it is to convert to Rex in iOS.

@Crabman said:
    oops,i just realized what a Fort Knox the whole Rex thing is.So no (easy and free) chance of own Rex loops and free ones seem pretty rare.Dang.

Seems impossible. But if you have any Novation product, you have a code for ReasonLite which (I believe?) might include ReCycle? You could use that on a Mac/PC and go from there.

And the totally heroic DJ Puzzle has a bunch of free REX files. Watch his great video; links are in the description.

• edited August 2019

Thanks,i downloaded the files but can't access them in Stockholm.They are greyed out when i try to import from dropbox.Any ideas?

• @Crabman said:
    Thanks,i downloaded the files but can't access them in Stockholm.They are greyed out when i try to import from dropbox.Any ideas?

Yes. You’re selecting the presets. Click on the individual loops.

• yep,stupid me.Figured it out already.Thanks anyway!

• I only know because I did the same thing!

• Reason Lite can convert loops to rex files. If you download Reason Compact and register (or use existing login) you can get a license for it. The ONLY thing I’m not positive about is once rexified how to get the files out. Unsure if it saves the rex file to local storage somewhere. My laptop is being sent to Apple so can’t test :(

• edited August 2019

damn,it‘s just two weeks ago that i bought KEW and said to myself“that‘s all i want from Korg this sale“.

But then some Enlightenment happened a couple of days ago.
    Triggered by the“why no Logic on ios“ thread i stopped being a little
    disappointed about what a great DAW Gadget could be with this and that feature...instead i see it as a phenomenal 21st century groovebox on steroids with comprehensive song mode now (that i still wouldn‘t use but thats okay).

It made me want to use it more often now but i needed a breeze of fresh air inside...and - long story short-
    i ended my korg summer sale shopping tour with
    KEW,iMono/Poly,Odyssey,Madrid,Lisbon,Stockholm,Gladstone and even Deemax.“Thanks“ Korg 😜😂

Oh,and i need to buy that Nanokey studio as well now...

• @Crabman said:

Oh,and i need to buy that Nanokey studio as well now...

Some like it, some don't. I love mine...

One 'sample mangler tip' in Vancouver is to map the knobs to sample-start & loop length making automation a bit easier.
    Sure it's possible to tap & swipe on the screen but triggering notes while tweaking a knob is more satisfying :D
    (My Gadget is almost 'complete' apart from a few Module IAPs, IAPs for iM1, iWaveStation and KEW are worth it if you like the sounds as you'll get more of them, more waveforms/samples and presets).

• yes,i bought the KEW iap as well.Oh,and the white face Oddy.I‘m such a victim,need to make a new appointment with the anonymous appoholics.It‘s urgent 😂

But Vancouver i left out,i really don‘t have use for this.Well,for now...

• @Crabman said:

Yeah, I wish Vancouver was more a bit more fully featured, like with pitch & filter envelopes.
    But still it's quite handy when there's a need to play user samples using a keyboard and not just pads...

• @Crabman said:
    yes,i bought the KEW iap as well.Oh,and the white face Oddy.I‘m such a victim,need to make a new appointment with the anonymous appoholics.It‘s urgent 😂

I would’ve put the money of the ODYSSEi iap into Vancouver ;)
    Especially since the presets making use of the unique arp don’t work in Lexington.

• @R_2 said:

Especially since the presets making use of the unique arp don’t work in Lexington.

Yeah, that is a bummer especially since the sequencer in Odyssei can be used to add animation since can be used to modulate just about any parameter in either stepped or interpolated mode.

So yeah, it really would be nice to get a fully featured Lexington Gadget in Gadget...

• @R_2 said:

I would’ve put the money of the ODYSSEi iap into Vancouver ;)

Sure, but the Rev.1 is simply stunning!