Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

1596062646567

Comments

  • stupid question inbetween: somewhere in gadget (maybe m1 maybe wavestation) there was this string sound preset where an ensemble of strings create tension by playing a fast tremolo like sound.... classic horror film soundtrack style... i feel like i checked every preset in this app but still cant find it anymore

  • @ratti said:
    stupid question inbetween: somewhere in gadget (maybe m1 maybe wavestation) there was this string sound preset where an ensemble of strings create tension by playing a fast tremolo like sound.... classic horror film soundtrack style... i feel like i checked every preset in this app but still cant find it anymore

    I’ve just fired it up and prodded a few Lisbon presets. If it’s not from the M1/WS roms, perhaps fizzy Lisbon?

  • wimwim
    edited December 2019

    I’ll have to admit, they did start to lose me since Lisbon came out. I haven’t purchased a new gadget since then. But, I also bet they know exactly what they’re doing as far as the available pool of new buyers. I’m just not their target market.

    But, the thing and all the littler things in it still work as well and better than when I purchased it, and does that with more stability than any other DAW I have. I’m not going to complain because I don’t fit into their target demographic any more. I don’t fit into a lot of target demographics any more. :D

    (I would indeed be pissed if I cared about sample import, local storage, that kinda stuff more. Seems like they really didn’t think that part through and have hobbled things badly.)

  • @wim said:
    I’ll have to admit, they did start to lose me since Lisbon came out. I haven’t purchased a new gadget since then. But, I also bet they know exactly what they’re doing as far as the available pool of new buyers. I’m just not their target market.

    Trust me, we are their target. They’re just missing the target and losing out because of it. There’s no excitement anymore since they continue to completely ignore the weakest areas of the app. They’ll be hard pressed to get new buyers/users like us who have blindly bought every gadget they’ve released over the years, but have since moved on.

    But, the thing and all the littler things in it still work as well and better than when I purchased it, and does that with more stability than any other DAW I have. I’m not going to complain because I don’t fit into their target demographic any more. I don’t fit into a lot of target demographics any more. :D

    Sure, it works, and it’s fairly stable. No more stable than Cubasis or BM3 in my experience.

    (I would indeed be pissed if I cared about sample import, local storage, that kinda stuff more. Seems like they really didn’t think that part through and have hobbled things badly.)

    Yeah, well, that’s what happens when you’re not an avid user of the software. You can’t put yourself in others shoes. That’s why it’s important for companies to have focus groups, beta testers, etc. Korg doesn’t do that so it allows its out of touch execs to make decisions without the insight of experienced producers.

  • Hopefully we will see some more updates to functionality such as files integration

  • @DaveMagoo said:
    Hopefully we will see some more updates to functionality such as files integration

    Doubt it, Dave. They made the shift to cloud and left local files in the dust. We bitched and moaned when they first introduced the silliness with Rosario and Zurich, tirelessly warned of the inability to locate files, defective sort, etc and they still moved forward and screwed up our beloved Bilbao. There was no need to completely remove the LOCAL option since many of us spent years amassing 1000’s of samples. They could have left it and simply offered cloud as a new option. Simply disturbing.

  • @caspergomez said: There was no need to completely remove the LOCAL option since many of us spent years amassing 1000’s of samples. They could have left it and simply offered cloud as a new option. Simply disturbing.

    ?? Local is still there.

  • I haven’t opened up Gadget since version 2 came out. Lost interest. Cubasis and Nano are too good with the ability to load all my beloved synth and FX plugs.

    KEW becoming an AU? That was amazing. I think many of us would buy the Korg stuff in an heartbeat when they would go more into this (Au) direction.

  • I would love to see AUv3 integration even if just FX first..set up smoothly integrated with the current zoom options

  • edited December 2019

    @R_2 said:

    @caspergomez said: There was no need to completely remove the LOCAL option since many of us spent years amassing 1000’s of samples. They could have left it and simply offered cloud as a new option. Simply disturbing.

    ?? Local is still there.

    May seem it’s still there, but doesn’t function the same way. When you have 1000’s of samples, it’s painful and a turnoff. One example off the top of my head... let’s say you search a snare and you’re lucky enough to locate it, and it’s about 900 samples down the list, you select it and it imports to Pad#2. Tmw, you decide to swap out the snare for any one of your snares located on the list between positions 900-1050... when you tap the snare on Pad#2, it no longer jumps to the snare grouping in your list, and starts at sample#1. That alone is a deal breaker. This crap started with the introduction of “documents” and new file system. It means making custom kits would take 10x longer than it used to take. Trust me, when you use Bilbao as 75% of your 25-30 tracks, it’s enough to abandon Gadget all together.

  • @david_2017 said:
    I haven’t opened up Gadget since version 2 came out. Lost interest. Cubasis and Nano are too good with the ability to load all my beloved synth and FX plugs.

    KEW becoming an AU? That was amazing. I think many of us would buy the Korg stuff in an heartbeat when they would go more into this (Au) direction.

    That was indeed an encouraging sign.

  • So I did a thing. I moved my gadget files off of iCloud and moved it to on my iPad folder since every iOS update it deletes my iCloud files . So I loaded up a track and all my user files are missing from projects and names also are gone. Midi data is still there which is at least heart warming. I load the file up from that folder and says project info missing. Only user files.

    Is there anyone out there with any kind of knowledge on this? I have all the samples in the folder and midi data so all is not lost but missing the names of the samples in Bilbao Vancouver Rex and Abu Dhabi gadgets just destroys all my projects and will take hours trying to remember the sounds I used to add back to the project.

  • @stormywaterz Did a quick test myself.
    Within Files app I moved/copied a few projects from iCloud to ‘On My iPad’. Gadget then showed both these projects in the list (one with blue iCloud icon behind name and one with grey icon). Both load normally, including user samples.

  • Omar S using Gadget? :D
    Recognize the “SynShot 3” preset from Amsterdam and the clap from Bilbao (ATMOS kit 1).

  • I’m aware nobody cares, but just for fun I tried to re-create the above track within Gadget (all stock sounds).

  • nailed it!

  • @ExAsperis99 :) ClosedHH and kick drum are off, but couldn’t find closer sounds in Gadget.

  • Pretty damn close!

  • @R_2 said:
    @ExAsperis99 :) ClosedHH and kick drum are off, but couldn’t find closer sounds in Gadget.

    Excellent man!
    Gadget just delivers 😊

  • Oops, uploaded a version with the wrong piano chord, fixed now.

    @rs2000 :D The idea of Omar releasing stuff done with Gadget is funny. So I had to see how close I could get.
    Still might be another KORG machine he used, perhaps some of these samples come from the Triton or something.

  • @R_2 said:
    Oops, uploaded a version with the wrong piano chord, fixed now.

    @rs2000 :D The idea of Omar releasing stuff done with Gadget is funny. So I had to see how close I could get.
    Still might be another KORG machine he used, perhaps some of these samples come from the Triton or something.

    Nice!
    I just digged out an old Dublin-as-a-bass-synth experiment, these can be fun to get to know the gadgets better:

    Dublin on bass 😁

  • Sounded like it was Dublin doubling as a bass!😂

  • 😁

  • @rs2000 said:

    @R_2 said:
    Oops, uploaded a version with the wrong piano chord, fixed now.

    @rs2000 :D The idea of Omar releasing stuff done with Gadget is funny. So I had to see how close I could get.
    Still might be another KORG machine he used, perhaps some of these samples come from the Triton or something.

    Nice!
    I just digged out an old Dublin-as-a-bass-synth experiment, these can be fun to get to know the gadgets better:

    Dublin on bass 😁

    Close! Drums too.
    But Dublin is a bass, right? Berlin is also good for some squelchy bass.

  • @R_2 said:

    @rs2000 said:

    @R_2 said:
    Oops, uploaded a version with the wrong piano chord, fixed now.

    @rs2000 :D The idea of Omar releasing stuff done with Gadget is funny. So I had to see how close I could get.
    Still might be another KORG machine he used, perhaps some of these samples come from the Triton or something.

    Nice!
    I just digged out an old Dublin-as-a-bass-synth experiment, these can be fun to get to know the gadgets better:

    Dublin on bass 😁

    Close! Drums too.
    But Dublin is a bass, right? Berlin is also good for some squelchy bass.

    Dublin covers some nice and substantial lead sounds too!

  • “Notice of recruitment of engineers] The Korg app development team is looking for app developers who like music.“

  • @R_2 said:
    “Notice of recruitment of engineers] The Korg app development team is looking for app developers who like music.“

    ...preferably with some experience in developing iOS AUv3 plugins 😁

  • Now they decide to start integrating AUV3??? Too late KORG! Most of us have moved on to Cubasis and BM3. We warned for years about this and other needs and you continued to focus on your own synths and ignore the community. I suggest your leadership gets its head out of the sand and starts taking notes from Steinberg.

  • I would welcome an update for my wavestation... :-)
    And I probably will buy another from their lineup, if they get an AU treatment

  • @caspergomez said:
    Now they decide to start integrating AUV3??? Too late KORG! Most of us have moved on to Cubasis and BM3. We warned for years about this and other needs and you continued to focus on your own synths and ignore the community. I suggest your leadership gets its head out of the sand and starts taking notes from Steinberg.

    I'm still enjoying Gadget 2 but it'll be interesting to see what comes first...
    ...the Auv3 Gadgets, ZenBeats with Zenology AUv3 or Cubase Sampler Track for Cubasis...

    And the job post says nothing about AUv3 :D

Sign In or Register to comment.