Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

1545557596067

Comments

  • Logic takes a while to learn - as does anything of lasting use and value - but once you integrate with it and especially start programming your own key-commands it'll be very hard to look back. As for the price I can't think of a better value anywhere for anything.

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @GovernorSilver said:

    @caspergomez said:

    @GovernorSilver said:

    @caspergomez said:
    This has become the “every DAW is a winner” society

    ...and my bank account is a loser

    Bought Logic before the big price drop.

    Later bought Ableton Live because it was on sale with a package deal that included Max For Live. At the time I was living in a place with cheap rent and had some money to burn.

    Nowadays I don't use Logic at all and I only use Ableton Live as a glorified multi-track audio recorder.

    Sorry to hear

    Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things for me. Car repairs, buying a house and house repairs, etc. cost a hell of a lot more.

    And her endless boots and shoes I find.

    I don't get the reference but ok.

  • @GovernorSilver said:

    And her endless boots and shoes I find.

    I don't get the reference but ok.

    I do! Know it well...

  • edited August 2019

    @maxwellhouser said:

    @GovernorSilver said:

    And her endless boots and shoes I find.

    I don't get the reference but ok.

    I do! Know it well...

    I googled that line and the first results were Dr. Martens boots.

  • @GovernorSilver

    Wives and their footwear needs.

  • edited August 2019

    @maxwellhouser said:
    @GovernorSilver

    Wives and their footwear needs.

    I've also seen the opposite situation - the woman supporting the husband's expenses.

  • edited August 2019

    @GovernorSilver said:

    @maxwellhouser said:
    @GovernorSilver

    Wives and their footwear needs.

    I've also seen the opposite situation - the woman supporting the husband's expenses.

    Yes, but that changes nothing in my experience in regards to the boots and shoes :wink:

  • @u0421793 said:

    @LucidMusicInc said:

    @silent1 said:

    @caspergomez said:

    @LucidMusicInc said:

    Brah that aint a manual, that's a damn online help system. I want a feckin PDF.

    I’m confused... do you own Logic, but don’t have access to PDFs? I haven’t bought yet... they don’t supply em?

    I downloaded the iBooks version and consult it on my iPad or iPhone whenever I need it :#
    @silent1 said:

    @caspergomez said:

    @LucidMusicInc said:

    Brah that aint a manual, that's a damn online help system. I want a feckin PDF.

    I’m confused... do you own Logic, but don’t have access to PDFs? I haven’t bought yet... they don’t supply em?

    I downloaded the iBooks version and consult it on my iPad or iPhone whenever I need it :#

    I really can't get it to download and as a paying customer, I'm insulted by all the work I'm expected to go through when a simple help manual ought to have been bundled in with the software.

    The help is in LPX itself under help, where help usually is, and it’s rather good too – pretty much everything you need to look up, learn or discover is in there and well-organised. I haven’t bothered with the iBooks ebooks, the comprehensive built-in help is that good.

    TBF the popups are good. And the online help is there. But I WANT A FECKIN PDF MANUAL OK!!!

  • @LucidMusicInc said:

    @u0421793 said:

    @LucidMusicInc said:

    @silent1 said:

    @caspergomez said:

    @LucidMusicInc said:

    Brah that aint a manual, that's a damn online help system. I want a feckin PDF.

    I’m confused... do you own Logic, but don’t have access to PDFs? I haven’t bought yet... they don’t supply em?

    I downloaded the iBooks version and consult it on my iPad or iPhone whenever I need it :#
    @silent1 said:

    @caspergomez said:

    @LucidMusicInc said:

    Brah that aint a manual, that's a damn online help system. I want a feckin PDF.

    I’m confused... do you own Logic, but don’t have access to PDFs? I haven’t bought yet... they don’t supply em?

    I downloaded the iBooks version and consult it on my iPad or iPhone whenever I need it :#

    I really can't get it to download and as a paying customer, I'm insulted by all the work I'm expected to go through when a simple help manual ought to have been bundled in with the software.

    The help is in LPX itself under help, where help usually is, and it’s rather good too – pretty much everything you need to look up, learn or discover is in there and well-organised. I haven’t bothered with the iBooks ebooks, the comprehensive built-in help is that good.

    TBF the popups are good. And the online help is there. But I WANT A FECKIN PDF MANUAL OK!!!

    https://ptgmedia.pearsoncmg.com/images/9780321967596/samplepages/0321967593.pdf

  • @maxwellhouser said:

    @GovernorSilver said:

    @maxwellhouser said:
    @GovernorSilver

    Wives and their footwear needs.

    I've also seen the opposite situation - the woman supporting the husband's expenses.

    Yes, but that changes nothing in my experience in regards to the boots and shoes :wink:

    Did she spend $7000 on shoes and boots?

    That's what it cost to install a sump pump in my basement to solve a flooding problem.

    Kitchen work was about $2000 as the cabinets were warped by the previous owner allowing a pipe to keep leaking.

    I could probably find more numbers...

  • @GovernorSilver said:

    @maxwellhouser said:

    @GovernorSilver said:

    @maxwellhouser said:
    @GovernorSilver

    Wives and their footwear needs.

    I've also seen the opposite situation - the woman supporting the husband's expenses.

    Yes, but that changes nothing in my experience in regards to the boots and shoes :wink:

    Did she spend $7000 on shoes and boots?

    That's what it cost to install a sump pump in my basement to solve a flooding problem.

    Kitchen work was about $2000 as the cabinets were warped by the previous owner allowing a pipe to keep leaking.

    I could probably find more numbers...

    Yes

  • @maxwellhouser said:

    @GovernorSilver said:

    @maxwellhouser said:

    @GovernorSilver said:

    @maxwellhouser said:
    @GovernorSilver

    Wives and their footwear needs.

    I've also seen the opposite situation - the woman supporting the husband's expenses.

    Yes, but that changes nothing in my experience in regards to the boots and shoes :wink:

    Did she spend $7000 on shoes and boots?

    That's what it cost to install a sump pump in my basement to solve a flooding problem.

    Kitchen work was about $2000 as the cabinets were warped by the previous owner allowing a pipe to keep leaking.

    I could probably find more numbers...

    Yes

    PLEASE NEVER DELETE THIS THREAD

  • edited August 2019

    @maxwellhouser said:

    @GovernorSilver said:

    @maxwellhouser said:

    @GovernorSilver said:

    @maxwellhouser said:
    @GovernorSilver

    Wives and their footwear needs.

    I've also seen the opposite situation - the woman supporting the husband's expenses.

    Yes, but that changes nothing in my experience in regards to the boots and shoes :wink:

    Did she spend $7000 on shoes and boots?

    That's what it cost to install a sump pump in my basement to solve a flooding problem.

    Kitchen work was about $2000 as the cabinets were warped by the previous owner allowing a pipe to keep leaking.

    I could probably find more numbers...

    Yes

    I will take that as humorous exaggeration. To every man who complains about his wife, she is spending just as much as Imelda Marcos.

  • @GovernorSilver said:

    Did she spend $7000 on shoes and boots?

    Yes

    I will take that as humorous exaggeration. To every man who complains about his wife, she is spending just as much as Imelda Marcos.

    I’ll let you believe that...

  • @maxwellhouser said:

    @GovernorSilver said:

    Did she spend $7000 on shoes and boots?

    Yes

    I will take that as humorous exaggeration. To every man who complains about his wife, she is spending just as much as Imelda Marcos.

    I’ll let you believe that...

    I believe you were joking and I was playing along.

  • For the record, I also know women who are careful with their spending, in case anyone is wondering.

  • @GovernorSilver said:

    @maxwellhouser said:

    @GovernorSilver said:

    Did she spend $7000 on shoes and boots?

    Yes

    I will take that as humorous exaggeration. To every man who complains about his wife, she is spending just as much as Imelda Marcos.

    I’ll let you believe that...

    I believe you were joking and I was playing along.

    I’m 25-50% joking at max!

  • @DaveMagoo said:

    @LucidMusicInc said:

    @u0421793 said:

    @LucidMusicInc said:

    @silent1 said:

    @caspergomez said:

    @LucidMusicInc said:

    Brah that aint a manual, that's a damn online help system. I want a feckin PDF.

    I’m confused... do you own Logic, but don’t have access to PDFs? I haven’t bought yet... they don’t supply em?

    I downloaded the iBooks version and consult it on my iPad or iPhone whenever I need it :#
    @silent1 said:

    @caspergomez said:

    @LucidMusicInc said:

    Brah that aint a manual, that's a damn online help system. I want a feckin PDF.

    I’m confused... do you own Logic, but don’t have access to PDFs? I haven’t bought yet... they don’t supply em?

    I downloaded the iBooks version and consult it on my iPad or iPhone whenever I need it :#

    I really can't get it to download and as a paying customer, I'm insulted by all the work I'm expected to go through when a simple help manual ought to have been bundled in with the software.

    The help is in LPX itself under help, where help usually is, and it’s rather good too – pretty much everything you need to look up, learn or discover is in there and well-organised. I haven’t bothered with the iBooks ebooks, the comprehensive built-in help is that good.

    TBF the popups are good. And the online help is there. But I WANT A FECKIN PDF MANUAL OK!!!

    https://ptgmedia.pearsoncmg.com/images/9780321967596/samplepages/0321967593.pdf

    Thank you sir. As a matter of fact I have some Logic pdf manuals, but they were not provided by Apple. My gripe is that Apple didn't give me a PDF.

  • Speaking of Logic. I've been using Logic since back on Atari before Apple bought them. Went on to use it on Mac, but then stopped making music for many years. Gadget on the iPad got me back into making music again, but I was always wondering if I was limiting myself with working on the iPad. I recently bought a new Mac mini and decided to try Logic again and I must admit, for me at least, it's SO much nicer to work in - part of it also being able to work on a big screen.

    I just purchased Gadget 2 for Mac this morning, so I now have all the plugins in Logic I've spent 100´s of $ on over the years on the iPad. I could have just bought the plugins, but with just $50 extra (on sale) for getting Gadget as well, I thought I'd give it a try on the big screen after all these years on the iPad :smile: Looking forward to the journey.

    In any case, I think the fact that you can get all 40 plugins for $149 currently is a steal, considering you are getting so many legendary Korg synths in the package. Less than $4 per plugin is actually a bit insane, even if many of them are the simple Gadget synths from the original.

    Anyway, just my 2 cents - now back to our regular programming of weird comments :wink:

  • Thanks for sharing, Peter. My story is very similar. Although, I haven’t bought KG for Mac yet but I’m about to bc it’s true, $150 is so cheap it’s unthinkable. Back in the day you couldn’t even get one cheap-ass EMU rack unit for $150. Kids these days don’t understand.

  • Tip: If you've got an iPad and a Mac you CAN get Gadget on the big screen. You only need a usb c lightning cable (they're a thing) and Quicktime. Set your latency to the appropriate level and have a blast!

  • edited August 2019

    @LucidMusicInc said:
    Tip: If you've got an iPad and a Mac you CAN get Gadget on the big screen. You only need a usb c lightning cable (they're a thing) and Quicktime. Set your latency to the appropriate level and have a blast!

    I know, but I prefer the integrated setup of native plugins 😉 less tinkering - more music.

    @caspergomez said:
    Thanks for sharing, Peter. My story is very similar. Although, I haven’t bought KG for Mac yet but I’m about to bc it’s true, $150 is so cheap it’s unthinkable. Back in the day you couldn’t even get one cheap-ass EMU rack unit for $150. Kids these days don’t understand.

    Amen to that! It's amazing what is available today compared to the old days - I now own all the Korg Synths I was only dreaming of as a kid, and all for a measly $150 :smiley:

    Ok, one think of note is that the Gadget Plugin Collection is exactly that - the Gadget plugins, so in for example the M1 and Wavestation you don't get much editing - but if you have the full versions on iPad you could always use them. But with so many 1000's of patches I don't tend to do much editing anyways 😉

  • edited August 2019

    @Peter321 said:

    @LucidMusicInc said:
    Tip: If you've got an iPad and a Mac you CAN get Gadget on the big screen. You only need a usb c lightning cable (they're a thing) and Quicktime. Set your latency to the appropriate level and have a blast!

    I know, but I prefer the integrated setup of native plugins 😉 less tinkering - more music.

    @caspergomez said:
    Thanks for sharing, Peter. My story is very similar. Although, I haven’t bought KG for Mac yet but I’m about to bc it’s true, $150 is so cheap it’s unthinkable. Back in the day you couldn’t even get one cheap-ass EMU rack unit for $150. Kids these days don’t understand.

    Amen to that! It's amazing what is available today compared to the old days - I now own all the Korg Synths I was only dreaming of as a kid, and all for a measly $150 :smiley:

    Ok, one think of note is that the Gadget Plugin Collection is exactly that - the Gadget plugins, so in for example the M1 and Wavestation you don't get much editing - but if you have the full versions on iPad you could always use them. But with so many 1000's of patches I don't tend to do much editing anyways 😉

    Yeah, I mean it is what it is. Again, when you think about 1 average synth plugin priced at like $150+, to get the entire KG collection for $150 is like saying is free.

  • I like having the Gadget VST/AAX/AU’s on my Mac to use in Ableton & Pro Tools but now I have to give $100 if I want to use Memphis & Warszawa. C’mon Korg, give us a discount too, it’s same price sale or no sale to upgrade if you already bought Gadget 1

  • @maxwellhouser said:
    I like having the Gadget VST/AAX/AU’s on my Mac to use in Ableton & Pro Tools but now I have to give $100 if I want to use Memphis & Warszawa. C’mon Korg, give us a discount too, it’s same price sale or no sale to upgrade if you already bought Gadget 1

    Yeah, that does seems a bit excessive, especially considering the sale price.

  • Do Warszwa and Memphis come with the package for new users?

  • @ExAsperis99 said:
    Do Warszwa and Memphis come with the package for new users?

    Wait, is warszawa even on Mac/pc yet? I think I’m wrong about that....

    But new purchase of Gadget 2 gets Memphis, yes

  • @maxwellhouser said:

    @ExAsperis99 said:
    Do Warszwa and Memphis come with the package for new users?

    Wait, is warszawa even on Mac/pc yet? I think I’m wrong about that....

    But new purchase of Gadget 2 gets Memphis, yes

    I just purchased Gadget 2 for Mac which includes the Gadget 2 Plugin collection - it contains both Warszawa, Otorii and Ebina as plugins for other DAW's.

    So YES, you do get ALL the gadgets currently on iOS - at least on the Mac, don't know about PC.

  • Here are all the 3 newest plugins running in Logic Pro X:

  • It’s great for exporting noodles from iPhone to Mac via Ableton export using the AU option...really makes it feel like a mobile Ableton live extension in a way...adds a lot of value to the overall package

    @Peter321 said:
    Here are all the 3 newest plugins running in Logic Pro X:

Sign In or Register to comment.