Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

Comments

• tell me where, where, whom to write my wishes for future updates?

• @Turok said:
    tell me where, where, whom to write my wishes for future updates?

Go to the Korg support site.

• are there other ways? I still couldn’t figure out the support site. I haven’t seen the structure of the site so obvious.

• I gave some feedback using this form, and heard back from korg a few days later:

https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

• thanks! wrote. I'll write here just in case)))
    1. Bilbao needs the reverse function of the sample as in Rectify. It looks like preloaded and free gadget have more functionality than iap gadget.
    2. Double tap on the knob returns it to its default position.
    3. The ability to enlarge the mixer in full screen. Like sequencer.
    4. The mono button in the mixer on each channel or at least on the master channel or the effect of stereo enhancer in IFX.
    5. The ability to draw automation with dots and lines.

• @Turok said:
    thanks! wrote. I'll write here just in case)))
    1. Bilbao needs the reverse function of the sample as in Rectify. It looks like preloaded and free gadget have more functionality than iap gadget.
    4. The mono button in the mixer on each channel or at least on the master channel or the effect of stereo enhancer in IFX.

Good luck. I gave up asking Korg about feature updates long ago. When it first came out I asked (among other things) about getting longer than 10s samples into Bilbao or Abu - got the "we'll pass that along to development team" reply... many years now and still the same. (also asked about adding a microfade option to the chopped samples in Abu to avoid the clicking ..).

• @Halftone said:

@Turok said:
    thanks! wrote. I'll write here just in case)))

Good luck. I gave up asking Korg about feature updates long ago. When it first came out I asked (among other things) about getting longer than 10s samples into Bilbao or Abu - got the "we'll pass that along to development team" reply... many years now and still the same. (also asked about adding a microfade option to the chopped samples in Abu to avoid the clicking ..).

Yup, love Gadget, but the 10 second thing AND micro-fades still irk me just thinking about them etc... :)

• thanks! I will try my luck)) it just seems to me that what I ask, with the exception of automation, is the matter of 3 hours of working on the code)))

• Korg took down their forum last year and sent a clear message to say your opinions and ideas mean nothing. This is Korg, not Xils-Lab. You’re not going to get the personalized love of product that Xavier would give you. So, unfortunately you’ll have to wait and see if they continue the Gadget project in 2020, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up. I lost interest after they removed the direct import from Dropbox. I’m not doing double work and going through countless hours of sending 1,000’s of my wavs up to the cloud so I could use Bilbao again.

That’s why I moved on to BM3 when they made that change and haven’t looked back since. Just look at the difference between Korg and INTUA.... I mean, it’s night and day: https://intua.net/upcoming-beatmaker-3-0-4-update-highlights/. GL folks.

• I have a beatmaker, but I don’t like his sequencer. I have not yet found a better option for midi sketches besides a gadget for myself. True, I have not tried a nanostudio yet. bought on black friday but still didn’t even open it.

• Actually, more disturbing than Dropbox was the import local files that they removed now that I’m thinking about it. Dropbox is still there but takes several steps to get to it. The removal of local wavs for quick import was perhaps the most annoying removal of any feature of any software I’ve used since the 90’s.

• @caspergomez said:
    Korg took down their forum last year and sent a clear message to say your opinions and ideas mean nothing. This is Korg, not Xils-Lab. You’re not going to get the personalized love of product that Xavier would give you. So, unfortunately you’ll have to wait and see if they continue the Gadget project in 2020, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up. I lost interest after they removed the direct import from Dropbox. I’m not doing double work and going through countless hours of sending 1,000’s of my wavs up to the cloud so I could use Bilbao again.

That’s why I moved on to BM3 when they made that change and haven’t looked back since. Just look at the difference between Korg and INTUA.... I mean, it’s night and day: https://intua.net/upcoming-beatmaker-3-0-4-update-highlights/. GL folks.

Taking down the forum was not sending a message that they don't care about user opinions. You can still write to support AND they do pay attention.

People mistakenly think that just because their feature request wasn't implemented that they are being ignored. Not the case. Developers generally have wishlists that far exceed the time available to implement them. Particularly, in the case of apps that generate no upgrade revenue, a developer that actually needs to pay staff has to consider the time (expense) required to implement and test the items on their wishlist.

It almost always seems to people that THEIR pet request is the most important one and that if it wasn't implemented the developer is ignoring them. It just may be that there are more requests than time to implement them or that there is more involved in implementing the request than you imagine OR that there are other things that are more urgent.

They really do pay attention. It may be that not many people contacted the with the same request or just that there were more requests than they could satisfy within the time allotted to work on Gadget.

Keep writing to them -- encourage people that have the same request to write to them via Korg's preferred method (which in Korg's case is the form someone linked to above). And always remember that developers generally wish that they could accommodate all reasonable requests but never have actually have enough time to do that.

During the many years that I was a developer and consultant to music software developers, I saw a lot of emails from people assuming that something would only take minutes or hours to implement that actually would have taken much much longer for reasons that are probably hard to explain to someone that hasn't been asked to update code written by someone else in a huge project with lots of interdependencies.

• edited December 2019

i have some gadget requests

save parameter-state per scene
    usefull for different sound variation in a song
    and non parameterdestructive automation per scene.

a request for midiout modul:
    simple five more parameter sites of ccs for automate extern synth

1. songmode site:
      drag scenes in a tabelle like in the exilsoft with push up and down rearranging

groove templates

change the scenes in the instrument view

simple pattern or scene dublicate button in scene itself ( includes notes and automation)
    up to - 1to2 to 4 to 8 to16............

8bars sample (VOCALS ) FOR BILBAO

• Like I’ve said over the years, my problem has never been with the DEVs... as they have done some amazing work since 2014.

It’s the shot callers who are out of touch and have made some terrible decisions with Gadget over the years, and as a result causing a lot of serious producers to exit KG for good and move to Beatmaker since it offers the sampling and mixing depth that we need.

You think it’s about “they are ignoring my requests so I’m going to cry in the corner”. No, it’s the decisions they’ve made over the years to take Gadget in a particular direction focusing on Gadgetizing HW purely for short-term monetary gains. KG2 was a complete marketing scam which followed the “Audio Gadgets” marketing scam of 2016.

• Korg Gadget AUv3 pack would be killer

• @espiegel123 said:> Taking down the forum was not sending a message that they don't care about user opinions. You can still write to support AND they do pay attention.

People mistakenly think that just because their feature request wasn't implemented that they are being ignored. Not the case. Developers generally have wishlists that far exceed the time available to implement them. Particularly, in the case of apps that generate no upgrade revenue, a developer that actually needs to pay staff has to consider the time (expense) required to implement and test the items on their wishlist.

It almost always seems to people that THEIR pet request is the most important one and that if it wasn't implemented the developer is ignoring them. It just may be that there are more requests than time to implement them or that there is more involved in implementing the request than you imagine OR that there are other things that are more urgent.

They really do pay attention. It may be that not many people contacted the with the same request or just that there were more requests than they could satisfy within the time allotted to work on Gadget.

Keep writing to them -- encourage people that have the same request to write to them via Korg's preferred method (which in Korg's case is the form someone linked to above). And always remember that developers generally wish that they could accommodate all reasonable requests but never have actually have enough time to do that.

During the many years that I was a developer and consultant to music software developers, I saw a lot of emails from people assuming that something would only take minutes or hours to implement that actually would have taken much much longer for reasons that are probably hard to explain to someone that hasn't been asked to update code written by someone else in a huge project with lots of interdependencies.

Fair.

• To suggest that Korg listen to their users is misleading and cannot be quantified or evidenced. There are certainly a great number of users who have been completely ignored, despite purchasing brand new products riddled with the same debilitating bugs.
    There may have been some people who have been listened to at some time, but in my experience the vast majority have not.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • oh yea, the Bilbao upgrade was awesome, and as marketing, given the lack of full-fledged samplers on ios.

• @robosardine said:
    To suggest that Korg listen to their users is misleading and cannot be quantified or evidenced. There are certainly a great number of users who have been completely ignored, despite purchasing brand new products riddled with the same debilitating bugs.
    There may have been some people who have been listened to at some time, but in my experience the vast majority have not.

Listening is not the same as everyone getting their pet requests. Are there bugs? Sure. And also true: bug free software doesn't exist.

There are enough people making productive use of the apps that it strikes as overdramatization to the point of being misleading to say that it is riddled with debilitating bugs.

They have made some changes clearly based on user feedback but obviously a lot of requests haven't been implemented. That does not mean they are not listening.

• @BCKeys said:
    We have 2 kind people from Korg's team here in the forum, it would be nice to create a "wishlist" topic for Gadget.
    My main wishes are AUv3 for all their products, a real integration of files.app and a big upgrade of Bilbao to become a real sampler or a brand new sampling gadget (with time-stretch, slicings, long samples, ADSR, etc..)

I created a wishlist 4 years ago by gathering the community’s top requests and a “Bilbao wishlist”. They responded with Recife which basically gave us some new drum sounds and a Reverse and one-shot button. Forget the list. Been there done that ... and Korg never upgrades existing Gadgets because it does not make them any money... only wastes $$ and resources in their minds.

• Gadget has loads of synths... and I think most producers feel they could pretty much achieve whatever texture they’re going for at this point... KG suffers severely in the EQ dept and Audio/Sampler dept. while all their competitors on iOS have included advanced wav editing features, sophisticated samplers, and parametric EQs, and even AUv3 support. They’ve seriously fallen behind. Sorry.

• @Turok said:
    oh yea, the Bilbao upgrade was awesome, and as marketing, given the lack of full-fledged samplers on iOS

Can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not lol

• @Turok said:
    I have a beatmaker, but I don’t like his sequencer. I have not yet found a better option for midi sketches besides a gadget for myself.

Why don’t you like BM’s sequencer? There are a few modes to program in... Gadget is great and easy to get a loop or sketch going, but once you start arranging it becomes a big time waster.

• edited December 2019

i think, the People today want to make full Club and Pop Music,
    with grooving- arranging -mixing and Automations.
    Thats legal.
    They are knows it by modern Daws and Music.
    And Groove boxes are much 1000... better for that.

Absurd capital oriented Limitations of Standarts in the new Grooveboxes,

(mc707 - mc101- force - tempest- digitakt -oktatrack-analog 4 - maschine-
    cirtcuit - electribe2 - gadget - mpc live - jdxi- imachine-impc pro)

with:
    half Synthesizers, Samplers
    half Mixing Parametres ,
    half FX Parametres,
    bullshit Parametres destructive Automation
    no or bad Songmode,
    no User Sound Presets
    no Programchange for Pattern or Track
    low Bars ,
    low Midi Functions
    low Groove Functions,
    low Tracks,
    low Sample Memory,
    low Parametres Automations
    low Parametres Knobs
    and
    cryptic Workflows ,Surfaces ,Page Breaks get them on their Nerves.

They made too many semi-finished Songs
    Semi finish like this Machines.
    They waite for a fully All in One Groovebox since 15 Years .
    They wait for a MC909 or Rs7000 with top Sound and top Synth,Sampler
    and Circuit or Electribe Architectur.

• @FrankfurtLyon said:
    Thats legal.

Absurd kapital oriented Limitations of Standarts in the new Grooveboxes,

with
    4 Bars ,
    half Synthesizers,
    half Mixing ,
    half FX Parameters,
    no Songmode,
    no user sound presets
    no programchange for pattern or tracks
    low midi functions
    low Groove functions,
    low sample Memory,
    low parameter automations
    bullshit Parameter destructive Automation and
    the most cryptic workflow get on their Nerves.

They waite for a fully all in one groovebox since 15 Years .
    They wait for a MC909 or Rs7000 with better sound and synths
    and circuit or electribe architectur.

Good lyrics, there B)

• @u0421793 said:

@FrankfurtLyon said:
    Thats legal.

with
    4 Bars ,
    half Synthesizers,
    half Mixing ,
    half FX Parameters,
    no Songmode,
    no user sound presets
    low midi functions
    low Groove functions,
    low sample Memory,

Good lyrics, there B)

Indeed, perhaps something for you next album entirely made in Gadget ;)

• edited December 2019

@R_2 said:

@u0421793 said:

@FrankfurtLyon said:
    Thats legal.

with
    4 Bars ,
    half Synthesizers,
    half Mixing ,
    half FX Parameters,
    no Songmode,
    no user sound presets
    low midi functions
    low Groove functions,
    low sample Memory,

Good lyrics, there B)

Indeed, perhaps something for you next album entirely made in Gadget ;)

if you only want to produce a music album
    then you can also do this alone with air and cassette tape -no gadget

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited December 2019

Yes. I agree they’ve given us tons of Gadgetized HW and a solid production app. And we in turn gave them $$ and unwavering support. However, in 2016, they began making real poor decisions when confronted with how to approach the long overdue need for Audio and Sampler. And by the end of 2016 they rushed the release of two Audio apps with zero editing features, followed by a sampler with no split key or timestretch capability. Last year we received an AUv3 alternative in the form of a complicated midi app that didn’t really work as a third party synth player under the marketing scam of KG “2”. That’s when I began exporting my unfinished song stems to import and finish in BM3.