Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

Comments

• @Peter321 I’m glad warszawa is included, wasn’t there in Korg site for gadget Mac unless I’m blind,...

@DaveMagoo said:
    It’s great for exporting noodles from iPhone to Mac via Ableton export using the AU option...really makes it feel like a mobile Ableton live extension in a way...adds a lot of value to the overall package

That’s why I bought gadget 1 for Mac, just to get the plugins and use export to Ableton session. Man I wish I didn’t have to drop $100 to stay current.

• Hmmm if Gadget sets exported to Ableton Projects on PC with midi and vst instead of audio clips I couldn’t pass on this sale!

Anybody know if this is the case?
    Doesn’t appear to be a demo available.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Hmmm if Gadget sets exported to Ableton Projects on PC with midi and vst instead of audio clips I couldn’t pass on this sale!

It is the case

• Looks like my vst collection is going to increase dramatically!

Thanks for letting me know @maxwellhouser

• Does anyone have a good approach to setting midi for each track now in Gadget on iOS? Ever since a recent update, when you load a new track/instrument, you Record, and other tracks play in certain registers and also record what you play to multiple tracks simultaneously. It’s insane. Must we set up midi channels etc for each and every track we add? Lord.

• Seems I have to record on track 1, then set track 1 to “no input” and then record on track 2. And so on?

• @caspergomez said:
    Seems I have to record on track 1, then set track 1 to “no input” and then record on track 2. And so on?

Have you enabled “advanced midi”? That may be why. I’ve never had this problem.

• OM Lord. Thank you PETER 🙏🏼 I didn’t enable it, that I know bc I never go in settings and it was enabled on iPhone and iPad. Just set it back to EASY. Man. I was about to lose it. Thanks again!!

I’m still having this intermittent master volume knob (usually Bilbao) drops.... I wonder if this EASY setting will clear it up (I’ll find out tmw when I continue this track. 🙏🏼

• @caspergomez said:
    OM Lord. Thank you PETER 🙏🏼 I didn’t enable it, that I know bc I never go in settings and it was enabled on iPhone and iPad. Just set it back to EASY. Man. I was about to lose it. Thanks again!!

I’m still having this intermittent master volume knob (usually Bilbao) drops.... I wonder if this EASY setting will clear it up (I’ll find out tmw when I continue this track. 🙏🏼

Glad it helped, happy composing.

• Thanks. And I figured out what’s causing the VOL drops in case anyone is having this issue.

When MIDI is enabled on any track, the Master volume drops occur, usually starting with the instrument you have open at the time. So you have to record midi, and constantly disable it to ensure no VOL drops occur.

@ioue maybe could look into this. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• @caspergomez said:
    Thanks. And I figured out what’s causing the VOL drops in case anyone is having this issue.

When MIDI is enabled on any track, the Master volume drops occur, usually starting with the instrument you have open at the time. So you have to record midi, and constantly disable it to ensure no VOL drops occur.

@ioue maybe could look into this. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Could it be that your midi-controller is randomly sending CC events that Gadget responds to?

My old SY85 has somewhat glitchy sliders that can 'randomly' send out CC's and the only way to cure it is to disable the sliders from sending CC messages or filter them out in the host app...

I've personally never experienced this 'bug' and when using controllers I mainly use the Korg nanoKey Studio with Gadget.

• edited August 2019

It’s a great point that you make. I haven’t changed anything with my simple setup (iPad/iTrack/LK49), but that doesn’t mean the LaunchKey is off the hook. I’ll have to look into disabling the sliders and all. Makes total sense that it would be the LK and not KG also bc nobody else has complained about this after recent KG updates. Thanks!

• I somewhat resent that the upgrade from Gadget macOS to Gadget 2 macOS is the only thing in the current sale that isn’t reduced at all as far as I’m aware. It means that I am in absolutely no hurry to upgrade, and might never do it.

• @u0421793 said:
    I somewhat resent that the upgrade from Gadget macOS to Gadget 2 macOS is the only thing in the current sale that isn’t reduced at all as far as I’m aware. It means that I am in absolutely no hurry to upgrade, and might never do it.

The force is strong with this one

• @maxwellhouser said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Hmmm if Gadget sets exported to Ableton Projects on PC with midi and vst instead of audio clips I couldn’t pass on this sale!

It is the case

Really? Does PC version has already all Gadgets?

• edited August 2019

@MAtrixplan It has all the gadgets except Gadget if that makes sense!!

A collection of separate vst instruments. Really hope the Export works, will be buying this tomorrow evening anyway

• @ioue et. al

Since the Dropbox-Import option was recently removed in Bilbao, we now have to take the extra step to import a sample or change a current sample to another (similar/nearby) sample.

Here’s an example:

• I have Drumkit_001 loaded in Bilbao
    • Sample pad 1 contains DK_001_Kick1
    • Previously I tapped the Sample button, a window appeared, I tapped User, and DK_001_Kick1 was at the top (already selected), and below it DK_001_Kick2, etc. I could then tap DK_001_Kick2 to quickly swap kicks.
    • Now, a window appears, but when I tap Local, it displays from top of the Local files list, which means I then have to search for part of the sample name to jump to it and select _Kick2.

That extra step is very time consuming when constantly using the sample button and import.

1. Is there any way to add back the Dropbox option so users could have the option to use both?

2. If I move my samples to iCloud and select instead of Local, does iCloud behave the way “User” tab used to behave?

Thanks folks.

• When using KG2 on MAC, does Lexington have the arpeggios available or is it only when using ODYSSEi as a Plugin in another DAW?

• @DaveMagoo said:

@u0421793 said:
    I somewhat resent that the upgrade from Gadget macOS to Gadget 2 macOS is the only thing in the current sale that isn’t reduced at all as far as I’m aware. It means that I am in absolutely no hurry to upgrade, and might never do it.

The force is strong with this one

I decided to do the Mac OS upgrade, based on the fact that I’m just digging the update on iOS so much. To me, 99 bux is just tremendous value for what we get. Plus, I just dig Korg and think they are killing it now. Not that I’m not looking forward to improvements and auv3 support on iOS. Pretty thrilled.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

A collection of separate vst instruments. Really hope the Export works, will be buying this tomorrow evening anyway

If You will have it please confirm because when they announced it there was about half of Gadgets and they were promising to add more in future updates

• edited August 2019

The full list is on Korg website @MAtrixplan
    https://www.korg.com/us/products/software/korg_gadget/gadget_collection.php

I found a very good deal on a used iPad today so won't be getting the bundle just yet!

• I'm sure the answer is NO, but Gadget on a Mac is not a true DAW, is it? There's no actual audio in other than through Zurich and Rosario etc, right?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I'm sure the answer is NO, but Gadget on a Mac is not a true DAW, is it? There's no actual audio in other than through Zurich and Rosario etc, right?

Gadget on Mac is exactly like on iPad, no difference in features, good or bad.

• @MAtrixplan said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

If You will have it please confirm because when they announced it there was about half of Gadgets and they were promising to add more in future updates

At least on Mac they are all there. When you purchase Gadget you get a Gadget installer and a Gadget Plugins bundle installer - if you just purchase the plugins you only get the latter. It's also listed like that on their shop.

If bought the complete package as it was only $50 at the moment and in case I wanted to use Gadget on the Mac $50 seemed like a good deal.

• @MAtrixplan said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

Here are the plugins installed on Mac by the Gadget Plugins Bundle:

• @Peter321 said:

@MAtrixplan said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

Here are the plugins installed on Mac by the Gadget Plugins Bundle:

Peter, is Lexington as a plug-in full blown with arps?

• So,the Korg sale is coming to an end and besides KEW i also want to get Odyssey,Mono/Poly along some other new gadgets now.I need some fresh air in gadget.

Thinking about the Rex Player...Is there a good source for free Rex files in the net?Any opinions about Deemax?The nternal limiter is not so good but it still would be nice to hotten the signal sometimes.Lisbon sounds nice but i HATE the interface and the icon is just...wtf?

• edited August 2019

@Crabman said:
    So,the Korg sale is coming to an end and besides KEW i also want to get Odyssey,Mono/Poly along some other new gadgets now.I need some fresh air in gadget.

Usually they extend the Sales.. we’ll see.

KEW: personally, I checked out a lengthy Presets video on YT and it didn’t grab me. I’m sure from a design perspective maybe you could get in there and go to town (could anyone confirm this?), but I wasn’t sold from what I heard or for what I produce.

ODYSSEI: hands down, a must-have IMO... it’s insanity, and especially if you appreciate its history.

MONO/POLY: another great set of sounds and textures, stands in a unique space among all the other synths we have.

Thinking about the Rex Player...Is there a good source for free Rex files in the net?Any opinions about Deemax?The nternal limiter is not so good but it still would be nice to hotten the signal sometimes.Lisbon sounds nice but i HATE the interface and the icon is just...wtf?

STOCKHOLM: definitely requires DLing or purchasing additional rex files or you may get bored quickly like I did. Others seem to love it as-is though.

DEEMAX: personally I do not like it and wish I had my $10 back to throw at KEW before the 31st. For what it’s worth, I actually do like the internal LIM for a little glue.... I think it does a solid job. I don’t use it though, only because I either a) properly mix indies/stems in Auria, or b) export unmixed Main song from Gadget to Auria and throw a quick FabFilter Limiter on it when I’m sending to a singer or friend.

LISBON: I agree, is a great sounding gadget, and very tweakable, even though I don’t go to it that often for some odd reason, but I’m not sure why you hate the interface? The icon you’re referring to... the black ‘purse’ one with green background? If that’s the one, I like it, but it’s very misleading for what Lisbon actually does.

Hope that helps.

• Yes,it was helpful thanks.Clarify: KEW i did already purchased last week and deeply enjoy it.Never tried in gadget yet but it's a fun lil box and i like the sound.

Mono and Ody already purchased a few minutes ago ;)

Auria Pro is my main DAW as well so i don't need a high class limiter for finalizing.I don't arrange anything in gadget anyhow but i like the groovebox approach to lay down ideas.Stems or live recording to auria then.The internal limiter does a fine job of glueing a little but it creates this little"ringing"tone on low frequencies that i don't like.But you are right,for a pure play session it should still do the trick.

Regarding Rex...i have a dream to convert part of my logic apple loops library into wav...someday,could be fun to use it there.But also a lot of work.Dunno,seems a fun addition anyway.Sure there must be some free rex loops as well to play a little.

• @Crabman said:
    Yes,it was helpful thanks.Clarify: KEW i did already purchased last week and deeply enjoy it.Never tried in gadget yet but it's a fun lil box and i like the sound.

That’s what they say, but from what I understand, only the sounds have been carried over to Gadget. You already have it so, you’ll find out.

Mono and Ody already purchased a few minutes ago ;)

Good luck and enjoy! Beasts, especially ODY but very processor hungry unfortunately, unless your iPad is a new Pro.

Auria Pro is my main DAW as well so i don't need a high class limiter for finalizing.I don't arrange anything in gadget anyhow but i like the groovebox approach to lay down ideas.Stems or live recording to auria then.The internal limiter does a fine job of glueing a little but it creates this little"ringing"tone on low frequencies that i don't like.But you are right,for a pure play session it should still do the trick.

Absolutely, I often hear that ring, especially if you solo some types of kicks.
    Agree. It’s much quicker to export only 1 scene to Auria, set the tempo and bars-dropdown, and repeat all tracks for the desired length. Then, bang out the linear style mutes etc. However, when you have a note that carries over the 8th/16th back into 1st bar, it becomes a bit more tedious in AURIA to fix those 8th/16th bars, but still doable. Ya save a great amount of ‘export’ time to just have to send 1 Scene to Auria and also the time you save not having to arrange in Gadget.

Regarding Rex...i have a dream to convert part of my logic apple loops library into wav...someday,could be fun to use it there.But also a lot of work.Dunno,seems a fun addition anyway.Sure there must be some free rex loops as well to play a little.

Good luck with that.