Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stagelight is live on the App Store!

Comments

• Ok, just checking . I’m delving I to SL now and will wait for the updates as I don’t seem to pick these concepts as easily and rapist as you do. Appreciate the response , @Janosax and again thanks for everything you do. Anyway GB will prob have a massive update sooner rather than later

• @Telstar5 it’s a natural thing to share what we learn. Without others sharing their tricks and experience here and elsewhere we would be newbies forever :)

And yes, let’s hope for a massive GB update soon, more than a few education features or loops/presets packs!!

• @MatthewAtStagelight - Love Stagelight, thank you!

Two feature requests:
    1. In Loopbuilder mode, an ability to take all playing clips (across different parts) and create a new part from what's playing.

1. Ability to "link" clips - both in loopbuilder and the timeline view. This would work like FL Studio - changing one clip would update all linked clips to be the same.
  • Hi, does it have midi auv3 ? Thanks

• edited February 2019

@MatthewAtStagelight feature request: lufs metering of the master channel output would be amazing. This is fairly elusive on iOS it seems with just auria offering it 👍

• For those waiting on the samplerate fix, I'm looking for a definitive list of AUv3 instruments and effects that have the problem and have posted it to this thread.
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/30502/many-synths-out-of-tune-at-48khz-sample-rate

Please go there and add any that are not on my latest post.

Thanks!

• @MatthewAtStagelight said:
    For those waiting on the samplerate fix, I'm looking for a definitive list of AUv3 instruments and effects that have the problem and have posted it to this thread.
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/30502/many-synths-out-of-tune-at-48khz-sample-rate

Please go there and add any that are not on my latest post.

Thanks!

I think that’s all the ones I’ve found so far.

• Guys, is there a way to add more than a single wave at a time into a project?

I exported like 16 loops from Groovebox and I wondered if there a better way to add each loop. Thanks!

• Ok figured out!
    Using files app created a new folder in the Stagelight Audio Samples folder and dropped all my loops in there! Wow love it!!!

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Ok figured out!
    Using files app created a new folder in the Stagelight Audio Samples folder and dropped all my loops in there! Wow love it!!!

Sorry I missed this question! That should definitely work along with samples placed in the Drum Kits folder too

• edited February 2019

@MatthewAtStagelight said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    Ok figured out!

Sorry I missed this question! That should definitely work along with samples placed in the Drum Kits folder too

This is handy but when I move a sample pack to the stagelight audio samples folder, (like one of my
    Loopmasters audio packs that contains say 5 other folders in it) stagelight will breakdown all the folders in the audio import section structure, which makes it messy if I moved all my sample packs over..... Can stagelight make it so the root folder of the sample pack is visible only and you click on the main root folder, then revealing the other folders within it and so on? Hope that makes sense

• @MatthewAtStagelight is there any chance the scrolling bar could be optional to be on the left hand side for us left handed users? Would really be a great flow help. Thanks!

• wimwim
    edited February 2019

@Tones4Christ said:
    @MatthewAtStagelight is there any chance the scrolling bar could be optional to be on the left hand side for us left handed users? Would really be a great flow help. Thanks!

Can't u just turn your device around backwards? ;)

Hendricks used a right-hand Strat turned upside down and it was a unique part of his sound. This could be big in defining yourself. You can thank me later for this inspiration in the liner notes...

• Is there an easy way to insert a few bars in the middle or beginning of the timeline? I have a nearly finished song and can’t face manually moving all the automations :)

• Just noticed there is a sale on over on the open labs website and within StageLight for the version 4 unlock for anyone who hasn’t brought the version yet.

• @gregsmith said:
    Is there an easy way to insert a few bars in the middle or beginning of the timeline? I have a nearly finished song and can’t face manually moving all the automations :)

Not yet in timeline view, but in LoopBuilder you can easily insert new Song Parts in between existing ones.

Also an update on 4.0.6. It is in beta now and the optional fix for the mismatched AUv3 sample rates is included! Shouldn't be long now until we roll it out to everyone.

• @MatthewAtStagelight Is there any timeline for StageLight updates this year in regards to:

IAA integration?
    AU midi support in or cross track?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @MatthewAtStagelight Is there any timeline for StageLight updates this year in regards to:

IAA integration?
    AU midi support in or cross track?

Timelines are tough, we are working on new stuff now including Ableton Link and AudioBus support. AU MIDI is positioned soon after, but I'll update everyone here as that gets closer.

• edited February 2019

Always working on new stuff.. I like how this app seems to always get updated and improved. Keep it up guys.. Good work, always.

• I just wanted to thank you guys for the native controls for roli blocks! I use it on my iphone se, ipad and windows computer. All with one roli block. MPE is so much fun. Thank you :wink:

• @jaijai said:
    I just wanted to thank you guys for the native controls for roli blocks! I use it on my iphone se, ipad and windows computer. All with one roli block. MPE is so much fun. Thank you :wink:

Yeah we haven't made much noise about that feature yet. Will include it in one of our upcoming videos soon! Glad you like it!

• Hi, i’m stacked. Testing demo ver, can’t play midi sequences from hardware sequencers at the same time. is there an arm track feature? Or what to do to play simultaneously incoming midi notes from sequencer 1,2 on channel 1, 2 and others (beatstep pro, keystep). i can play only one seqence, must press a track, but others are muted in stagelight.

• @foxal said:
    Hi, i’m stacked. Testing demo ver, can’t play midi sequences from hardware sequencers at the same time. is there an arm track feature? Or what to do to play simultaneously incoming midi notes from sequencer 1,2 on channel 1, 2 and others (beatstep pro, keystep). i can play only one seqence, must press a track, but others are muted in stagelight.

Hi! Use Timeline View and you can then enable multiple tracks for playback from your hardware sequencer.

• @foxal said:
    Hi, i’m stacked. Testing demo ver, can’t play midi sequences from hardware sequencers at the same time. is there an arm track feature? Or what to do to play simultaneously incoming midi notes from sequencer 1,2 on channel 1, 2 and others (beatstep pro, keystep). i can play only one seqence, must press a track, but others are muted in stagelight.

Here's a quick video that will show you how to set this up. I set a BSP to send MIDI on Channels 1, 9, and 10, then in Timeline view I set the tracks to receive from them and arm each tracks.

https://streamable.com/blp0j

• edited February 2019

That was easy, thank you. bought ios unlock

• edited February 2019

@MatthewAtStagelight I believe I’ve found a bug. With more than one audiolayer au instance, if you freeze a track then unfreeze it, sometimes the preset will switch to the preset in the other instance. Not sure if this is just audiolayer.

Also I’m finding with imported midi, some notes don’t always fire. It’s weirdly hit and miss. Not sure if it’s something I’m missing?

Edit: ignore the imported midi thing. Turns out it was a problem with audiolayer.

• @MatthewAtStagelight I'm another one looking for IAA support for the next Stagelight update. It has been promised by another support rep. I really do hope you guys make this happen STAT! This and the lack of Abelton link and not being able to run all of my AUV3s are the only things preventing me from using Stagelight full swing!

I bought Stagelight because of the DAW's well established history with live/touring musicians. Many int he industry swear by Stagelight. I want to as well.

• I can't seem to find it but I'm sure it's there; where is there a way to record the performances done in LoopBuilder into the regular time line?

• @SMKArtist said:
    I can't seem to find it but I'm sure it's there; where is there a way to record the performances done in LoopBuilder into the regular time line?

Long-tap the record button when in loop builder, and you’ll see the Record to Timeline option.

• @wim said:

@SMKArtist said:
    I can't seem to find it but I'm sure it's there; where is there a way to record the performances done in LoopBuilder into the regular time line?

Long-tap the record button when in loop builder, and you’ll see the Record to Timeline option.

Ahh cool. Ill try that, thank you!