Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stagelight is live on the App Store!

Comments

• @MatthewAtStagelight said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    @MatthewAtStagelight Is there any timeline for StageLight updates this year in regards to:

IAA integration?
    AU midi support in or cross track?

Timelines are tough, we are working on new stuff now including Ableton Link and AudioBus support. AU MIDI is positioned soon after, but I'll update everyone here as that gets closer.

Ableton Link is what I’m waiting on.. Great..

• This is so awesome!!!!! The time line is perfect. I love how easy it is to edit what I have recorded. Fastest DAW for electronic music, Period!

• Hey Everyone!

4.0.6 with the AUv3 Sample Rate fix is rolling out on the App Store now. Might take a few hours to get to everyone, but just wanted to let you all know.

Here's the official change log

New:

Enable Animations switch added to Settings (disable for faster performance on older iOS and Android devices)

SampleVerse enhancements

Enabled ability to uninstall individual store packs in Stagelight Store/My Stuff tab

Fixes:

iOS: Fix for AU plugins that do not report the correct sample rate (Enable "Force 44.1k Sample Rate" in the Settings/Plugins

iOS: Fix touch menus getting stuck

Fixed long audio files not playing back after editing

Fixed 3rd party Plugins from not passing audio if "Load Plugins as a Separate Process" was enabled

Fixed some aliasing issues in ElectroInstrument suite plugins

Other Changes:

Moved "Play notes in Editor" to MIDI editor menu

Moved "Follow Play Cursor" to Transport/Grid settings

• Thanks for the quick update. Sure hope Link, IAA, AUV3 Midi control app support are next!

• No audio play in background? Nooooooo! Please fix. Is it possible to have this feature or have it ready to work in AUM and AB3 with Abelton Link by March 1st? I'd really like to FINALLY use this amazing software for my next live event.

• @SMKArtist
    Go to Settings -> Audio -> “Enable Background Audio”
  • "Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys!"

• edited February 2019

@MatthewAtStagelight : For us “Storepass” guys, that individual pack thing for Sampleverse is HUGE! (Among all the other enhancements).Thanks again and keep on truckin’...

• Hi!

How is going midi learn and note, CCs and so?

I will love to use it with my launchcontrol (basic) in the iPhone but last time I checked I found how to do it.

Thanks for you amazing work!

• I guess you are asking regarding MIDI Learn for notes, as MiDI Learn for CCs is working without any problems. Sorry if I misunderstood your question.

• Yup notes was the missing for sure, I wasn’t sure about CCs.

when it’s scheduled note implementation?

• @MatthewAtStagelight

1. Bug (latest iOS, ipad air 2) In many sessions button "drums" after some changes in session stop working. So, if I press button nothing happens (should enables drums)
    2. How to enable midi out for cc's in plugins? eg turnado send midi cc to midi controller with visual feedback enabled (midi fighter twister and others with this feature)
    3. bug: Audioengine stop working after planty of time during session - big glitch, pause and then begin to work or restart needed ((latest iOS, ipad air 2)

• When did Stagelight implement folders in the media bay ??😍😍nice.

• For Drum hits, any folder you copy to the Stagelight User/Drum Kits folder will show up if there are .wav files present. Same goes for Loops if you copy them to Stagelight User/Audio Samples

• Are updates only thru TestFlight ?

• @foxal

We'll keep an eye for the issues you're describing. Feel free to email me at [email protected] with any more pertinent details.

MIDI output support is planned and will be coming in a future update.

• Very patiently waiting here for MIDI Out to work. Even using the RouteMIDI AUv3 is not working, although it works in many other DAW hosts. So for now, I cannot integrate my external synths.

Would you consider making an option for External MIDI Instrument so that we can sequence the MIDI on the track (and send to an external port) but also choose an audio input(s) to feed the track so we can process the audio too, all on one track?

• I got the total storepass unlock thing.. Auria has not been so active lately in the update department..I think they’d be great in conjunction with each other.. Open labs keeps coming out w new instructional videos in the “1 to 100” series and the staff seems really focused and intent on improving the thing.. Matt answers questions in a timely fashion, too.. it’s a great app.

• @soundshaper said:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/612289#Comment_612289
    Very patiently waiting here for MIDI Out to work. Even using the RouteMIDI AUv3 is not working, although it works in many other DAW hosts. So for now, I cannot integrate my external synths.
    Would you consider making an option for External MIDI Instrument so that we can sequence the MIDI on the track (and send to an external port) but also choose an audio input(s) to feed the track so we can process the audio too, all on one track?

MIDI out is planned but there a few other features coming out first. Stay tuned.

Also, we just posted another 0-100 episode covering the second half of SampleVerse. Enjoy!

Stagelight 0 to 100 Episode 7

• @MatthewAtStagelight said:

@foxal said:
    Hi, i’m stacked. Testing demo ver, can’t play midi sequences from hardware sequencers at the same time. is there an arm track feature? Or what to do to play simultaneously incoming midi notes from sequencer 1,2 on channel 1, 2 and others (beatstep pro, keystep). i can play only one seqence, must press a track, but others are muted in stagelight.

Hi! Use Timeline View and you can then enable multiple tracks for playback from your hardware sequencer.

Hi @MatthewAtStagelight - are you planning on making it possible to hear / monitor multiple tracks in LoopBuilder mode?

For me that’s where I will be mostly “playing” the instruments and need to be able to hear more than one at a time - I might for example play a chord or bass note with the left hand on one keyboard and a melody on another.

I appreciate it’s probably tricky to get it to record more than one loop at a time - but even being able to monitor the other tracks that we had armed would be brilliant!

• The video series are very cool and thank you :)

• @ricksteruk said:

@MatthewAtStagelight said:

@foxal said:
    Hi, i’m stacked. Testing demo ver, can’t play midi sequences from hardware sequencers at the same time. is there an arm track feature? Or what to do to play simultaneously incoming midi notes from sequencer 1,2 on channel 1, 2 and others (beatstep pro, keystep). i can play only one seqence, must press a track, but others are muted in stagelight.

Hi! Use Timeline View and you can then enable multiple tracks for playback from your hardware sequencer.

Hi @MatthewAtStagelight - are you planning on making it possible to hear / monitor multiple tracks in LoopBuilder mode?

For me that’s where I will be mostly “playing” the instruments and need to be able to hear more than one at a time - I might for example play a chord or bass note with the left hand on one keyboard and a melody on another.

I appreciate it’s probably tricky to get it to record more than one loop at a time - but even being able to monitor the other tracks that we had armed would be brilliant!

Yeah, I've wanted this ability myself, but we've had more pressing requests. I think we can get to this in the future for sure though.

• edited March 2019

@ricksteruk said:

@foxal said:

Yeah, I've wanted this ability myself, but we've had more pressing requests. I think we can get to this in the future for sure though.

That would be great - glad to hear you’ve already got the idea in mind!

When we get IAA and Audiobus connectivity going it should be possible to fudge it and use Stagelight in the way I am currently using Group The Loop - hosted in AUM with a mix bus sending audio to it that I want to loop - whilst being able to hear everything I’m playing live. But with Stagelight I’ll be able to send MIDI as well and loop that - even better.

Of course once you’ve sorted hearing all monitored tracks in Looper mode I can ditch other hosts and just use Stagelight. Much simpler :smile:

• Im starting to dig into this app. I might have to open all platforms if i keep making good stuff with it! That says alot, because I’m not digging the looks of it alot yet, but in use its rather efficient, hmmmm.

• wimwim
    edited March 2019

@MatthewAtStagelight, I know I keep bringing it up, but I really, really, really hope you guys do something about the nearly invisible grid in the piano roll editor and other places. It is the only thing about Stagelight that just drives me nuts!

I dove back in last night and was asking myself why I had set it aside for so long because it’s such a great app. Then I got into that damn piano roll again and just ended up being pissed off. I’m gonna force myself to get over it because there’s so much more going for Stagelight. But it’s a real shame that it’s so non-functional in such a small but really important way. Jeeze, even writing about it makes me pissed off all over again. I’m not sensitive about UI, skins, etc, and usually dismiss peoples complaints about that, but when something is just plain non-functional because of a graphic design choice (specifically that you can’t see it without squinting six inches from the screen), it’s a usability, not aesthetic, problem.

Thanks for listening. Sorry for the rant. I mean it in a well-intentioned way.

• @Korakios said:
    The video series are very cool and thank you :)

For sure ! These videos are yet another great feature of the app!

• @wim: I agree and there have been so many complaints about this, that I predict a GUI overhaul within the year (or two at most ).