Stagelight is live on the App Store!

13233343537

Comments

  • As far as I’m concerned they can keep the GUI as-is other than the grid. A GUI overhaul is a big job. This should be just a matter of choosing better colors for a few screen elements. I’d hate to see it held up as part of a full redesign.

  • @wim : Good point actually .. You’re right.. I’m rather used to it at this point now. It’s just different shades of blue every four beats. But yeah w my 1.50 reading glasses 66 yr old eyes, it could stand to be improved. Just love the app and the company otherwise .

  • @wim said:
    As far as I’m concerned they can keep the GUI as-is other than the grid. A GUI overhaul is a big job. This should be just a matter of choosing better colors for a few screen elements. I’d hate to see it held up as part of a full redesign.

    Noted!

  • @MatthewAtStagelight said:

    @wim said:
    As far as I’m concerned they can keep the GUI as-is other than the grid. A GUI overhaul is a big job. This should be just a matter of choosing better colors for a few screen elements. I’d hate to see it held up as part of a full redesign.

    Noted!

    Thanks! You guys are great, and I’m super enjoying Stagelight other than that one thing.

  • edited March 12

    Hi @MatthewAtStagelight - looking through the MIDI cc list of commands I’ve programmed...

    Can you notice that all the tracks mutes say “Ch1” as do all the faders (called post gain) which say “Ch1”

    Is there a bug in the naming or did I do something wrong? These bindings shown do work and mute and alter volume of the correct channels - not all just ch1

    Edit: ahh or does that mean Midi channel 1? That would make more sense... but it’s still hard to identify which binding is which if you want to edit it. Would be good if they were named differently somehow.

  • hi. ipad pro 11" cpu at appx 5% any synth and effect > really bad crackles to a point of being unusable.
    any ideas?

  • @adfa said:
    hi. ipad pro 11" cpu at appx 5% any synth and effect > really bad crackles to a point of being unusable.
    any ideas?

    Hello,

    This is not the typical behavior. Please make sure that all other apps are closed. Also try going to Menu > Settings > Audio and raising the sample buffer size. Try 1024 or higher.

    We just released an update yesterday, make sure you are on the latest version.

  • it's the 48khz setting. 44.1 np

  • cpu was 5% so it's not the buffer

  • wimwim
    edited March 14

    @adfa said:
    cpu was 5% so it's not the buffer

    Yes, it could be the buffer. Metering overruns aren’t always accompanied by a measurable CPU spike, and metering is imprecise at best. Rather than arguing about it, it should be easy enough to try it. Then you can say for certain whether it’s a contributing factor. This is way more helpful for developers than assuming you know more than they do about their app.

    [edit] argh. I know, butt out. None of my business. Sorry - can’t help myself sometimes.

  • I wouldn't want u to butt out. be civil, yes though

  • wim thx i am running SL latest with only one au synth and one effect. in line or as a send. on ipad pro 11" so I would be surprised if it was that. what do u reckon?

  • wimwim
    edited March 15

    @adfa said:
    wim thx i am running SL latest with only one au synth and one effect. in line or as a send. on ipad pro 11" so I would be surprised if it was that. what do u reckon?

    I think you probably called it ... samplerate. But I would still try upping the latency just to rule that out for the developer as a possible cause.

    Also, some AU synths have issues with samplerate problems of their own. I would see if it occurs with other synths, and also if the synth works OK in other hosts. All of that is good data for the developer trying to track down issues.

    There’s a thread here somewhere that lists apps that have samplerate issues, I think.

  • I suspect it's the au's having problems with the 48khz. I will try other combinations a nd report back. so far Re1 and a couple of others do it. more info to follow

  • I’ve just downloaded the update:

    It’s cleared up the bug that added an extra track every time you auditioned a new preset thankfully. That was becoming a chore deleting all those xtra blank tracks.

    Is it me or is my iPad getting hotter quick now?

    To be fair I did just have Ravenscroft, 2 x BeatHawk and a Synthmaster player as well as a couple of native Stagelight instruments.

  • @ricksteruk said:
    Hi @MatthewAtStagelight - looking through the MIDI cc list of commands I’ve programmed...

    Can you notice that all the tracks mutes say “Ch1” as do all the faders (called post gain) which say “Ch1”

    Is there a bug in the naming or did I do something wrong? These bindings shown do work and mute and alter volume of the correct channels - not all just ch1

    Edit: ahh or does that mean Midi channel 1? That would make more sense... but it’s still hard to identify which binding is which if you want to edit it. Would be good if they were named differently somehow.

    MIDI Channel is correct!

  • @MatthewAtStagelight pleaseeee add some new GUI colours..working on Stagelight at night with all the lights off is a pain to the eyes

  • At night it's easy seeing the grind in pattern editor but not in daylight.
    Also at night seasons bringing up the keyboard requires sunglasses :tongue:

    Giving option for user to tweak the theme seems the only solution :)

  • Skin support is coming apparently. Can’t wait! I’d like to see one with less colours or something like the Jupiter skin in Caustic.

  • Anyone know what the ppq is on the sequencer In Stagelight?
    @OpenLabstechsupport

  • @Telstar5 said:
    Anyone know what the ppq is on the sequencer In Stagelight?
    @OpenLabstechsupport

    Hey there! PPQ is 960

    Also we just dropped 4.0.8 which addresses an issue with some AU plugins crashing upon unfreezing.

    Thanks for all the support and keep it coming!

  • @OpenLabstechsupport : 960? I was hoping for 480 at most , lol.. Wow!

  • edited April 2

    I’ve been trying to use GeoShred in Stagelight - I can add it as an AU instrument in a track - but can’t seem to get any MIDI out of it - either to record on its own track or to send to another track - I was wanting to try to play SampleVerse from GeoShred as SampleVerse has MPE control.

    Any way to connect to GeoShred? @MatthewAtStagelight @OpenLabstechsupport ??

    I also tried with GeoShred running as a separate app with MIDI supposedly linked - but Stagelight did not make any sounds! (And yes I did have Stagelight background audio turned on. )

    Is there a problem with MIDI and AUs like BeatMaker3

    PS. If you can update so I can set more than one MIDI track into monitor (rather than record mode) in the Loopbuilder screen I will be very happy :smile:

  • wimwim
    edited April 2

    @ricksteruk said:
    I’ve been trying to use GeoShred in Stagelight - I can add it as an AU instrument in a track - but can’t seem to get any MIDI out of it - either to record on its own track or to send to another track - I was wanting to try to SampleVerse as it has MPE control.

    Any way to connect to GeoShred? @MatthewAtStagelight @OpenLabstechsupport ??

    I also tried with GeoShred as a separate app with MIDI linked - but Stagelight did not make any sounds! (And yes I did have Stagelight background audio turned on. )

    Is there a problem with MIDI and AUs like BeatMaker3

    PS. If you can update so I can set more than one MIDI track into monitor (rather than record mode) in the Loopbuilder screen I will be very happy :smile:

    Stagelight doesn’t support AUv3 midi yet.

    I don’t think Core Midi from other apps is supported yet either.
    [edit] It does work from at least some, possibly all apps.

    Hardware controllers work OK.

  • Also is it just me or is the SampleVerse MPE not recording reliably? I’ve been testing the pads which seem to transmit MPE pitch bends - but when I record and play more than one note at a time it glitches up and I end up with a long stuck note and the new note does not register nor the bends.

  • @wim said:

    @ricksteruk said:
    I’ve been trying to use GeoShred in Stagelight - I can add it as an AU instrument in a track - but can’t seem to get any MIDI out of it - either to record on its own track or to send to another track - I was wanting to try to SampleVerse as it has MPE control.

    Any way to connect to GeoShred? @MatthewAtStagelight @OpenLabstechsupport ??

    I also tried with GeoShred as a separate app with MIDI linked - but Stagelight did not make any sounds! (And yes I did have Stagelight background audio turned on. )

    Is there a problem with MIDI and AUs like BeatMaker3

    PS. If you can update so I can set more than one MIDI track into monitor (rather than record mode) in the Loopbuilder screen I will be very happy :smile:

    Stagelight doesn’t support AUv3 midi yet.
    I don’t think Core Midi from other apps is supported yet either.
    Hardware controllers work OK.

    Ahh darn! What a shame! I’m quite liking Stagelight. It’s so close to being able to do what I want for jamming and recording ideas in as Loops / verses / chooses as I’m going along.

  • edited April 2

    @ricksteruk said:

    @wim said:

    @ricksteruk said:
    I’ve been trying to use GeoShred in Stagelight - I can add it as an AU instrument in a track - but can’t seem to get any MIDI out of it - either to record on its own track or to send to another track - I was wanting to try to SampleVerse as it has MPE control.

    Any way to connect to GeoShred? @MatthewAtStagelight @OpenLabstechsupport ??

    I also tried with GeoShred as a separate app with MIDI linked - but Stagelight did not make any sounds! (And yes I did have Stagelight background audio turned on. )

    Is there a problem with MIDI and AUs like BeatMaker3

    PS. If you can update so I can set more than one MIDI track into monitor (rather than record mode) in the Loopbuilder screen I will be very happy :smile:

    Stagelight doesn’t support AUv3 midi yet.
    I don’t think Core Midi from other apps is supported yet either.
    Hardware controllers work OK.

    Ahh darn! What a shame! I’m quite liking Stagelight. It’s so close to being able to do what I want for jamming and recording ideas in as Loops / verses / chooses as I’m going along.

    It does support core MIDI from other apps and hardware controllers.
    AUv3 MIDI and MIDI out is coming soon.

  • @ricksteruk : Yeah, as Rodolfo said. They’ve been talking about adding Auv3 midi for a while now. I know what you mean, this app really does tick a lot of boxes for me. And keeps getting better , not to mention unbelievable support/ videos from the developers .

  • @Rodolfo said:

    @ricksteruk said:

    @wim said:

    @ricksteruk said:
    I’ve been trying to use GeoShred in Stagelight - I can add it as an AU instrument in a track - but can’t seem to get any MIDI out of it - either to record on its own track or to send to another track - I was wanting to try to SampleVerse as it has MPE control.

    Any way to connect to GeoShred? @MatthewAtStagelight @OpenLabstechsupport ??

    I also tried with GeoShred as a separate app with MIDI linked - but Stagelight did not make any sounds! (And yes I did have Stagelight background audio turned on. )

    Is there a problem with MIDI and AUs like BeatMaker3

    PS. If you can update so I can set more than one MIDI track into monitor (rather than record mode) in the Loopbuilder screen I will be very happy :smile:

    Stagelight doesn’t support AUv3 midi yet.
    I don’t think Core Midi from other apps is supported yet either.
    Hardware controllers work OK.

    Ahh darn! What a shame! I’m quite liking Stagelight. It’s so close to being able to do what I want for jamming and recording ideas in as Loops / verses / chooses as I’m going along.

    It does support core MIDI from other apps and hardware controllers.
    AUv3 MIDI and MIDI out is coming soon.

    I couldn’t get core midi working from any other apps. Care to share how?

  • The upright bass is outstanding!

Sign In or Register to comment.