Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stagelight is live on the App Store!

1333435363739»

Comments

• @Paa89 said:
    Hi there @MatthewAtStagelight hope you good.any plans on making Stagelight fit the IPad Pro 11 screen?
    I’ve also noticed that when using sample AUv3 apps, Stagelight randomly skips some notes during playback.
    I’ve tried with BeatHawk and AudioLayer same result.
    Here is a lil demonstration.listen closely to the kick and hi hat.

I had similar with Model D, but only with ‘force 44.1k’ enabled. My only way round it was to switch it off, freeze the track, then reenable force 44.1k. Frustrating but it worked.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wimwim
    edited May 2019

@EyeOhEss said:
    Is it possible to record a clips performance in to the linear tracks? I could only get clips in to the linear tracks via copy/paste which is quite tedious on Stagelight as there’s no latch/buttons functionality for this kind of editing. Every copy/paste requires a long press>menu etc. Which is something I’m hoping they can tweak cos might prove too slow /irritating for me in general in long sessions..

Yes, long-press the record button in the loop builder view and you’ll see “Record to Timeline”.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @MatthewAtStagelight

Currently

Midi Key Zone
    NFM
    Polythemus

Crashes StageLight “when you scan for plugins”

• Thanks for the report @Jumpercollins . Will add those to the list for future testing.

• wimwim
    edited May 2019

@MatthewAtStagelight said:
    Thanks for the report @Jumpercollins . Will add those to the list for future testing.

It’s the AU midi plugins that usually cause it to choke. Just add AU midi support and problem solved. ;)

• Hello there @MatthewAtStagelight
    Was messing around with stagelight this morning and came across this issue.
    When I freeze a track, the first part of the audio is either missing, or the frozen audio is off tempo.
    Have a look at the video

• @Paa89 said:
    Hello there @MatthewAtStagelight
    When I freeze a track, the first part of the audio is either missing, or the frozen audio is off tempo.
    Have a look at the video

I think I see whats going on there. Try this. Go into the audio editor of the imported frozen track, and disable stretching

• @MatthewAtStagelight said:

@Paa89 said:
    Hello there @MatthewAtStagelight
    Have a look at the video

I think I see whats going on there. Try this. Go into the audio editor of the imported frozen track, and disable stretching

Hi there thanks for the reply.
    So there are 2 issues.

Issue 1

I mixdown a Cubasis project to midi (just one track).
    Used the tracks import option in stagelight to import midi, but the midi was short and blank.had to use the global import option.
    It did import the midi but also create 2 tracks.one blank and one with the midi.
    The midi in Cubasis was 8 bars long at 130 bpm.
    I set the same bpm in stagelight but when I imported the midi it was 7 bars long.
    Here is the video

Issue 2
    I froze the track and imported the audio.
    Then I disabled stretch.
    As you can see in the video below, the audio was different from the midi.

Is the a way to import frozen audio to a project without the long way?
    Would be nice if we could bounce audio and have it in the project..
    The present work flow is long if you want to mix with just audio tracks.
    You’d have to go and import all the audio files and then sync them to the midi on the time line.
    if you have no midi, try to remember the section a certain audio clip is supposed to be.thats loooong😂😂

• hello there, is swing function working for you ?

• So I’ve been using my Akai lpd8 Bluetooth with stagelight and it works really well until I play fast, somewhere between 1/16 and 1/32 beats. The sound plays as expected, but the piano roll only captures a small amount of notes. I’ve tried setting auto quantise to 1/32 to no avail. Is anyone else seeing this?

@MatthewAtStagelight

• @gregsmith said:
    So I’ve been using my Akai lpd8 Bluetooth with stagelight and it works really well until I play fast, somewhere between 1/16 and 1/32 beats. The sound plays as expected, but the piano roll only captures a small amount of notes. I’ve tried setting auto quantise to 1/32 to no avail. Is anyone else seeing this?

@MatthewAtStagelight

Hey @gregsmith! Thanks for the info. We have not done any work on for supporting Bluetooth MIDI devices yet. I'll see about getting an IPD8 for test.

Many thanks!

Matt

@gregsmith said:
    So I’ve been using my Akai lpd8 Bluetooth with stagelight and it works really well until I play fast, somewhere between 1/16 and 1/32 beats. The sound plays as expected, but the piano roll only captures a small amount of notes. I’ve tried setting auto quantise to 1/32 to no avail. Is anyone else seeing this?

@MatthewAtStagelight

Hey @gregsmith! Thanks for the info. We have not done any work on for supporting Bluetooth MIDI devices yet. I'll see about getting an IPD8 for test.

Many thanks!

Matt

Thanks @MatthewAtStagelight , you guys have been quiet lately. Stagelight is working fairly flawlessly for me so can’t complain.

• edited June 2019

@gregsmith said:

@gregsmith said:

@MatthewAtStagelight

Many thanks!

Matt

Thanks @MatthewAtStagelight , you guys have been quiet lately. Stagelight is working fairly flawlessly for me so can’t complain.

We've been quietly working, here! Glad things are working well! Stay tuned!

@gregsmith said:

@gregsmith said:

@MatthewAtStagelight

Many thanks!

Matt

We've been quietly working, here! Glad things are working well! Stay tuned!

I thought that was probably the case. Looking forward to whatever’s coming :)

• @MatthewAtStagelight is probably working on Stagelight 5. Lol

• @Telstar5 said:
    @MatthewAtStagelight is probably working on Stagelight 5. Lol

Can you give us an indication as to what you’re working on @MatthewAtStagelight ?

Is it features such as au midi support? I don’t think there’s much else significant missing from SL, just a few small bugs here and there

• edited August 2019

@Jumpercollins said:

@hightunnels said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Done a quick video showing how to record into SpaceCraft within the StageLight DAW.

Thanks for that! I’m confused what the next step would be for capturing the audio out from spacecraft to the timeline or better yet the loop builder. Is that possible?

@hightunnels You can record midi into a track by selecting midi in, inside SpaceCraft if your running the latest version and play in using the built in keyboard inside StageLight. Obviously when you mixdown the midi become audio. I tried various ways using send track or the mixer send/recieve AU that comes with ApeMatrix but currently StageLight will not send midi or audio between tracks as far as I can see. There is no way to convert midi to audio within a track so Hopefully that will come in a update.

Sorry to drag up this comment @Jumpercollins , but is this still the case? I was hoping apematrix au’s might be a workaround for the lack of au midi support. Presumably not?

• @gregsmith not sure as having been using StageLight as of late and don’t have it on my iPad.