Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stagelight is live on the App Store!

Comments

• @MatthewAtStagelight Thanks for the latest update...happy that it now plays in Background...I like to create little loops and turn off the iPad and just listen for things to emerge.... :)

• Its almost frightening to think what this app is gonna evolve into.

• @Telstar5 said:
    Its almost frightening to think what this app is gonna evolve into.

Yes.. Ableton link (with Start/Stop) will be great..

• edited January 2019

@MatthewAtStagelight said:

@gregsmith said:
    @MatthewAtStagelight just another quick update - I’ve worked out the last couple of days that on the new iPad Pro on headphones with the USB-C to 3.5mm adapter, the problem doesn’t exist. Presumably it’s switching the sample rate.

Thanks for the info @gregsmith . We'll be on to this issue for 4.0.5. With that said, 4.0.4 RC has been submitted for approval and released to the beta channels. Once it is approved, we'll be on to 4.0.5 so hopefully this will get resolved very soon!

Regarding 4.0.4. Below is the changelog. In addition to the usual round of fixes we've made some pretty big enhancements to Track Freeze, and Record to Timeline.... plus... you'll notice we slipped in an option to "Enable Background Audio" :-). With this and Audiobus, I'm now able to route some AUv3 MIDI plugins to Stagelight Instrument tracks. While it's only a first step to supporting AudioBus and IAA, it's cool for what it can do today.

Stagelight 4.0.4 Full Release Notes

Track Freeze Enhancements
    -Optimized Speed
    -Numerous bug fixes

Rec to Timeline Enhancements
    -Can now use main transport to play parts on the timeline view while in LoopBuilder mode. Note: This behavior is only active when the record button is set to Record to Timeline mode.

Other changes and fixes
    -Switch for Background Audio support
    -Multi-thread updates (for supported devices)
    -Added Track I/O Settings back on Android/Chrome devices
    -Preliminary Android notch support
    -Fixed copy/paste of MPE based MIDI patterns
    -MIDI Automation recording fixes
    -SampleVerse: Note fixes and interpolation updates
    -SampleVerse: Fixed LFO settings where numbers would be shown in decimals vs fractions
    -Fixed some stuck note issues
    -Fixed issue with Drum Machine not recalling custom drum samples
    -iOS: File export support for cloud accounts should work
    -Multiple crash/hangs fixes across all platforms
    -Fixed some Auto Save bugs
    -Android: Fixed SFZ Import directory issue
    -Fixed some GUI glitches

Talk soon!

Matt

Hello there Matt how are you doing?thanks for the update.but on iPad Pro 10.5 I’m still having issues regarding sample recall when I duplicate a drum track some samples play some don’t.and when I freeze a drum track an unfreeze,the samples don’t play

• @Telstar5 Don’t worry mate and thanks for you help! :heart:

• @Paa89 said:

@gregsmith said:
    @MatthewAtStagelight just another quick update - I’ve worked out the last couple of days that on the new iPad Pro on headphones with the USB-C to 3.5mm adapter, the problem doesn’t exist. Presumably it’s switching the sample rate.

Thanks for the info @gregsmith . We'll be on to this issue for 4.0.5. With that said, 4.0.4 RC has been submitted for approval and released to the beta channels. Once it is approved, we'll be on to 4.0.5 so hopefully this will get resolved very soon!

Regarding 4.0.4. Below is the changelog. In addition to the usual round of fixes we've made some pretty big enhancements to Track Freeze, and Record to Timeline.... plus... you'll notice we slipped in an option to "Enable Background Audio" :-). With this and Audiobus, I'm now able to route some AUv3 MIDI plugins to Stagelight Instrument tracks. While it's only a first step to supporting AudioBus and IAA, it's cool for what it can do today.

-Optimized Speed
    -Numerous bug fixes

-Can now use main transport to play parts on the timeline view while in LoopBuilder mode. Note: This behavior is only active when the record button is set to Record to Timeline mode.

Other changes and fixes
    -SampleVerse: Fixed LFO settings where numbers would be shown in decimals vs fractions
    -Fixed some GUI glitches

Talk soon!

Matt

Hello there Matt how are you doing?thanks for the update.but on iPad Pro 10.5 I’m still having issues regarding sample recall when I duplicate a drum track some samples play some don’t.and when I freeze a drum track an unfreeze,the samples don’t play

Not able to reproduce this on my device. I must be missing a step (or something). What samples are you using? Are they stock or imported?

• Silly question most probably.
    But I did a separate mix down on ipad.
    But where did it go.
    I can't find it to export, and at the end of a mix down, it doesn't ask me where to save it,
    Am I being stupid, I don't know how to get my mix out of stagelight, without recording it to aum etc
    Any help would be appreciated

• @MatthewAtStagelight said:

@Paa89 said:

@gregsmith said:

-Optimized Speed
    -Numerous bug fixes

Other changes and fixes
    -Fixed some GUI glitches

Talk soon!

Matt

Not able to reproduce this on my device. I must be missing a step (or something). What samples are you using? Are they stock or imported?

Thanks for the reply.it happens with kits I created and saved with imported samples.

• @Nicebutfun said:
    Silly question most probably.
    But where did it go.
    I can't find it to export, and at the end of a mix down, it doesn't ask me where to save it,
    Am I being stupid, I don't know how to get my mix out of stagelight, without recording it to aum etc

Not silly at all. It would be useful if Stagelight added the location of the files to a confirmation dialog when the rendering is complete. You can find them in:

Files App > On My iPad > Stagelight > Stagelight User > Mixdowns

• Thanks @wim
    Will check a bit later
    Cheers

• @wim said:

@Nicebutfun said:
    Silly question most probably.
    But where did it go.

Not silly at all. It would be useful if Stagelight added the location of the files to a confirmation dialog when the rendering is complete. You can find them in:

Files App > On My iPad > Stagelight > Stagelight User > Mixdowns

This is correct, all of your mix downs are saved in this location.

• @MatthewAtStagelight any progress on the sample rate bug? I’m itching to make music again 😄

• @gregsmith said:
    @MatthewAtStagelight any progress on the sample rate bug? I’m itching to make music again 😄

Yes. We obtained a new ipad pro that exhibits the problem and hope to have a fix in for 4.0.5.

Also for newcomers (and those) asking for more in depth videos, we started a new weekly series called Stagelight 0 to 100.

Episode 1 (a full oveview) dropped last week and we're releasing a new one today that covers everything in our Drum Machine.

Check them out here and let me know what you think and what you want to see us cover.

• edited January 2019

@MatthewAtStagelight : WUUUUT? Stagelight 1 to 100?!?
    Thanks SOOO MUCH!
    🤸🏼‍♂️🤸🏼‍♂️🤸🏼‍♂️🤸🏼‍♂️🤸🏼‍♂️🤸🏼‍♂️🤸🏼‍♂️🤸🏼‍♂️🕺🙏🙏🙏🔥🔥👍👍🤸🏼‍♂️🤸🏼‍♂️😊

• @MatthewAtStagelight said:

@gregsmith said:
    @MatthewAtStagelight any progress on the sample rate bug? I’m itching to make music again 😄

Yes. We obtained a new ipad pro that exhibits the problem and hope to have a fix in for 4.0.5.

Also for newcomers (and those) asking for more in depth videos, we started a new weekly series called Stagelight 0 to 100.

Episode 1 (a full oveview) dropped last week and we're releasing a new one today that covers everything in our Drum Machine.

Check them out here and let me know what you think and what you want to see us cover.

Thanks for the update. The videos are great too 👍

• I got to say the updates you guys put out are excellent and Stagelight runs so much more efficiently then my day one purchase, especially the freeze function which is lightning fast now! I still think in my opinion that Stagelight is the best DAW on iOS - i Work with bitwig outside of iOS and this is the best thing you will get to something similar on iOS.

• edited January 2019

@gregsmith said:

I just saw the first two videos and frankly I can’t really ask for a clearer explanation than this. Well done and straight to the point . My only feature request is to keep them coming (the other 98) lol.
    Great job, Matt

• @Telstar5 said:

@gregsmith said:

I just saw the first two videos and frankly I can’t really ask for a clearer explanation than this. Well done and straight to the point . My only feature request is to keep them coming (the other 98) lol.
    Great job, Matt

Thanks for the encouragement. We have many planned so far, but will be relying on you all to tell us what you want/need.

• edited January 2019

Question to @MatthewAtStagelight:
    if I have an AudioUnit plugin - for example SynthMaster One - that is supported on both Mac OSX AND iOS as an AUv3 - and have a Stagelight project on OSX which uses that AU plugin - if I then copy my Stagelight project and all its data over to an iPad via - say iCloud - and then open the same Starlight project on my iPad in Starlight on iOS - will Stagelight the automatically know to use the AUv3 on the track that corresponds to the same plugin on OSX? ( for example SynthMaster ONE ) ?

• @nonchai said:
    if I have an AudioUnit plugin - for example SynthMaster One - that is supported on both Mac OSX AND iOS as an AUv3 - and have a Stagelight project on OSX which uses that AU plugin - if I then copy my Stagelight project and all its data over to an iPad via - say iCloud - and then open the same Starlight project on my iPad in Starlight on iOS - will Stagelight the automatically know to use the AUv3 on the track that corresponds to the same plugin on OSX? ( for example SynthMaster ONE ) ?

Interesting, I didn’t realise that AU was supported on OSX at all. I always hoped there would be a day when I could produce the same song on iPhone, iPad and OS X - maybe stagelight will make that happen.

• edited January 2019

another question to @MatthewAtStagelight:

Can I trigger clips ( loops ) or SCENES in the "SESSION" page - via assigning MIDI notes/CC etc to a CLIP or SCENE button ?

Does MIDI LEARN work for this?

Basically i'm looking for the same kind of MIDI control and LEARN functionality as.... er ... that DAW beginning with the letter .... A

• This is the only DAW that might change my love for Cubasis.lets see what they bring to the table this 2019

• wimwim
    edited January 2019

@nonchai said:

Can I trigger clips ( loops ) or SCENES in the "SESSION" page - via assigning MIDI notes/CC etc to a CLIP or SCENE button ?

Basically i'm looking for the same kind of MIDI control and LEARN functionality as.... er ... that DAW beginning with the letter .... A

I was able to midi learn CCs to the play button on scenes and clips, but not notes. Enabling notes for this purpose would be very helpful.

• I’m pretty sure SL supports midi learn . Also AU is originally from OSX , not IOS .
    @Paa89 , yeah right? What with the new “1 to 100” video series even my NS2 May gather some dust for a week or two.

• @nonchai said:

This should work. Let us know otherwise and we'll take a look at it.

@nonchai said:

MIDI learn should work for CC's but not notes at this time. We'll look into adding that functionality thoug as it has been requested a lot!.

• Is there any way to connect my wireless Bluetooth Akai LPK25 keyboard to Stagelight?

• @Monoboy said:
    Is there any way to connect my wireless Bluetooth Akai LPK25 keyboard to Stagelight?

We don't officially support Bluetooth MIDI yet, but try connecting the device in you iOS settings app, then launch Stagelight. From there go Stagelight's main menu, click settings/MIDI Inputs and see if your device is listed in the input slots drop down. Some have gotten in to work this way.

• edited January 2019

@Monoboy said:
    Is there any way to connect my wireless Bluetooth Akai LPK25 keyboard to Stagelight?

We don't officially support Bluetooth MIDI yet, but try connecting the device in you iOS settings app, then launch Stagelight. From there go Stagelight's main menu, click settings/MIDI Inputs and see if your device is listed in the input slots drop down. Some have gotten in to work this way.

Hey, Thanks for your response! I tried that and works thanks!

Cheers!

• Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to post an update here regarding the out of pitch issue with some AU instruments like Zeeon. After spending some time debugging it appears that some AU plugins are not reporting the correct samplerate to us. We've reached out to the developer of Zeeon to get more info/help but we also have a workaround we're developing in parallel. With that said, the fix will not be in our up coming 4.0.5 patch as it will take us a bit more time to build and test. You all can expect a 4.0.6 release shortly afterwards.

Talk soon!

• @MatthewAtStagelight just noticed the new beta has dropped!

Before I download this, does it include a fix for the out of tune bug as planned?