Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioKit - (Synth One) - Synthesizer ... Out Now!!! - (Freeeeeee..) - updated with Link..

12345679»

Comments

• I’m really enjoying this synth!
    On the iPhone SE can’t really do much but it lets me enjoy the presets! Then I go to iPad and wow! Awesome job!

• Silly question
    How do I import presets into Synth One?

I have some in Dropbox. Thanks!

• Nevermind just saw the files folder. :D

• On iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 12.1.4, I keep getting the "You have zoom turned on" notice (even though I don't have zoom turned on), as well as the "Welcome!" notice every time I open the app.

Minor issue, but are the people working on this responsive to problems?

• @e121 said:
    On iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 12.1.4, I keep getting the "You have zoom turned on" notice (even though I don't have zoom turned on), as well as the "Welcome!" notice every time I open the app.

Just sent them an email, I guess I'll find out.

• edited February 2019

@e121 said:
    On iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 12.1.4, I keep getting the "You have zoom turned on" notice (even though I don't have zoom turned on), as well as the "Welcome!" notice every time I open the app.

Should be fixed in the latest update today (1.0.2) . Keep ups posted. 👍

• Wow! That REALLY starts up a lot faster on my iPhone 8. Nicely done by the contributors.

• @vitocorleone123 said:
    Wow! That REALLY starts up a lot faster on my iPhone 8. Nicely done by the contributors.

A dude from Ableton did that... He's straight killing it. Really grateful to have such a talented developer join the project! 🎉

• @analog_matt

I am getting this bug in iPhone 8

Cannot get rid of screen

Have to clear app and reload again

• Is this still scheduled for an auv3 release ?

• I hope so. I really want to start using it properly.
    I'm surprised it's taking so long.... and, no, I'm not moaning that a free synth isn't living up to my expectations! I think it sounds so good that I'm just really excited to use it as an AU.

• @FPC said:
    I hope so. I really want to start using it properly.
    I'm surprised it's taking so long.... and, no, I'm not moaning that a free synth isn't living up to my expectations! I think it sounds so good that I'm just really excited to use it as an AU.

Sameeeee!!!

• Also looking forward to the Mac port!

• is this feeler still getting the AU treatment?

• Is it possible to save the value adjustments you make on the step sequencer?

• Yes, thanks for the all the questions. We're still working on AUv3, the free Mac port (for Catalina and above), and there's an awesome iBook manual / synthesis guide also coming out. 🙏

• @analog_matt said:
    Yes, thanks for the all the questions. We're still working on AUv3, the free Mac port (for Catalina and above), and there's an awesome iBook manual / synthesis guide also coming out. 🙏

Mnaual/Synthesis guide!?!?!?!?!? Wow very cool...waiting for it. Thanks so much in advance.

• just saw an update for synth one and got excited it was au time !! haha
    not this time but it does fix the keyboard problem i was having with really quiet notes via my roli

• @reasOne said:
    just saw an update for synth one and got excited it was au time !! haha
    not this time but it does fix the keyboard problem i was having with really quiet notes via my roli

are we there yet 😎

• i’m geeking to use this in auv3 hosts like zenbeats!!!

• +1 for AUV3 😊

• @Lorichs said:
    +1 for AUV3 😊

we need this! zenbeats asked me to ask nicely haah

• @reasOne said:

@Lorichs said:
    +1 for AUV3 😊

+1 Definitely. Proper AUV3 for D1 Synth would be nice too because I would love to buy that and use it in Zenbeats too. I don't understand why the awesome 808 Bass Synth app has full AUV3 but they don't have it with their other apps

• FPCFPC
    edited May 2020

..and haven't other devs already released AU synths based on AudioKit's open source software? Or did I imagine this!

• @rms13 said:

@reasOne said:

@Lorichs said:
    +1 for AUV3 😊

+1 Definitely. Proper AUV3 for D1 Synth would be nice too because I would love to buy that and use it in Zenbeats too. I don't understand why the awesome 808 Bass Synth app has full AUV3 but they don't have it with their other apps

They’ve stated several times that they’re working on it I believe...

• @Krupa said:

@rms13 said:

@reasOne said:

@Lorichs said:
    +1 for AUV3 😊

Yep. And I definitely understand that a free open source app developed by the community isn't going to be high priority to implement it. But the paid one that has limited AUv3 that only works in AUM I believe should get sorted out since they have full support with another of their apps. I just want to give them my money. I'll gladly pay $4.99 for Synth One with AUv3 if they need encouragement 😀

• @rms13 said:

@Krupa said:

@rms13 said:

@reasOne said:

@Lorichs said:
    +1 for AUV3 😊

Yep. And I definitely understand that a free open source app developed by the community isn't going to be high priority to implement it. But the paid one that has limited AUv3 that only works in AUM I believe should get sorted out since they have full support with another of their apps. I just want to give them my money. I'll gladly pay $4.99 for Synth One with AUv3 if they need encouragement 😀

It's not like you can simply copy/paste some code from one app to another and it'll work. It can involve a huge amount of re-writing of code.

It's also a whole other thing to retrofit something developed without AU necessarily in mind than it is to start from the beginning that way.

And ... AudioKit isn't a company. They don't have a team of programmers, all full-time, and all able to direct from one project to another. AudioKit provides framework libraries that different individual developers use to make apps. Each of those has different time, abilities, and priorities. It's not like there's anyone to give marching orders as to what has to be focused on before something else.

It's also been mentioned a couple of time times that new and improved code for supporting AU functionality is nearing completion. Knowing that, I wouldn't be spending time bolting on less effective, older code to an app, I'd be waiting for the new stuff to gel.

I'm not saying anyone shouldn't be impatient ... just trying to put some context as to why things don't necessarily roll the way it might seem like they should.

But the paid one that has limited AUv3 that only works in AUM I believe should get sorted out since they have full support with another of their apps.

Huh? Which one? I think you're talking about 808? If so, that's incorrect. It works in every host I've tried it in.

• @wim said:

@rms13 said:

@Krupa said:

@rms13 said:

@reasOne said:

@Lorichs said:
    +1 for AUV3 😊

It's not like you can simply copy/paste some code from one app to another and it'll work. It can involve a huge amount of re-writing of code.

It's also a whole other thing to retrofit something developed without AU necessarily in mind than it is to start from the beginning that way.

And ... AudioKit isn't a company. They don't have a team of programmers, all full-time, and all able to direct from one project to another. AudioKit provides framework libraries that different individual developers use to make apps. Each of those has different time, abilities, and priorities. It's not like there's anyone to give marching orders as to what has to be focused on before something else.

It's also been mentioned a couple of time times that new and improved code for supporting AU functionality is nearing completion. Knowing that, I wouldn't be spending time bolting on less effective, older code to an app, I'd be waiting for the new stuff to gel.

I'm not saying anyone shouldn't be impatient ... just trying to put some context as to why things don't necessarily roll the way it might seem like they should.

But the paid one that has limited AUv3 that only works in AUM I believe should get sorted out since they have full support with another of their apps.

Huh? Which one? I think you're talking about 808? If so, that's incorrect. It works in every host I've tried it in.

Yes, the 808 app works in all hosts I've tried. The D1 app which they list as having limited AUv3 support isn't recognized in Zenbeats and I think it only works in AUM as an AUv3 from what I've read but I obviously haven't tested all hosts. Unfortunately Zenbeats doesn't support Audio Bus or IAP and that's my host of choice these days

• wimwim
    edited May 2020

@rms13 said:
    Yes, the 808 app works in all hosts I've tried. The D1 app which they list as having limited AUv3 support isn't recognized in Zenbeats and I think it only works in AUM as an AUv3 from what I've read but I obviously haven't tested all hosts. Unfortunately Zenbeats doesn't support Audio Bus or IAP and that's my host of choice these days

D1 works fine in Zenbeats and any other host I've tried. It's listed as "Digital D1". If it's not showing up for you, you may need to do a Settings > Plugins > Scan for New. Or ... the dreaded "Rescan All", which seems to work now, but blows up on Kaspar AU if you have it installed.

[edit ... well, it loads and plays. I don't know if there are any issues with saving projects, recalling presets, sample rates, etc, as I just gave it a quick load and messed with a little.]

• @wim said:

@rms13 said:

D1 works fine in Zenbeats and any other host I've tried. It's listed as "Digital D1". If it's not showing up for you, you may need to do a Settings > Plugins > Scan for New. Or ... the dreaded "Rescan All", which seems to work now, but blows up on Kaspar AU if you have it installed.

[edit ... well, it loads and plays. I don't know if there are any issues with saving projects, recalling presets, sample rates, etc, as I just gave it a quick load and messed with a little.]

Interesting. I tried scanning and scanning all and never got it to show up. Haven't tried it since the update to Zenbeats