Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioKit - (Synth One) - Synthesizer ... Out Now!!! - (Freeeeeee..) - updated with Link..

Comments

• @analog_matt said:

@KING777 said:
    Yeah, I was very brief, in case you got it straight away.

1, Simple drumloop playing in AUM. (or metronome)
    2, Open Synth One, LINK enabled, play a Arp/Seq. Let’s say all is at 120bpm.
    3, Load another Arp/Seq patch in S1 and the tempo of the patch/S1 changes, but not the tempo of AUM.
    4, Tap the bmp button in S1 and it all sync back up/together again.

Cheers,
    King

Thanks for reporting this. It'll be fixed in the next update! 👍🏼

Your welcome!

It’s all good!

👊🏼👍🏼

King

• edited July 2018

@wim said:

A small suggestion - the question could have been avoided if it was noted in the realese notes when you took the AU support. Some of us do read ‘em. 😎

There was never AU support.

It has always said AUv3 on the roadmap: In the app description, website, and official video.

• @analog_matt said:

@wim said:

A small suggestion - the question could have been avoided if it was noted in the realese notes when you took the AU support. Some of us do read ‘em. 😎

There was never AU support.

It has always said AUv3 on the roadmap.

But ... it showed up as an AUv3 until the update previous to this one.

• edited July 2018

@wim said:
    the question could have been avoided if it was noted in the realese notes when you took the AU support. Some of us do read ‘em. 😎

To be fair, you are right. We should have removed it sooner.

It was a mistake. In open-source projects, there will be bugs. AudioKit Synth One will probably have more bugs than most iOS music apps. Sometimes I feel like it's one step forward and three steps back.

• @analog_matt said:

@wim said:
    the question could have been avoided if it was noted in the realese notes when you took the AU support. Some of us do read ‘em. 😎

To be fair, you are right. We should have removed it sooner.

It was a mistake. In open-source projects, there will be bugs. AudioKit Synth One will probably have more bugs than most iOS music apps. Sometimes I feel like it's one step forward and three steps back.

You shouldn’t feel that way. Many paid apps are way more problematic and the developers less responsive. No complaints here!

• edited July 2018

Holy Cow! Apple is promoting AudioKit on Twitter. This is a pretty cool video they made!

• edited July 2018

@analog_matt said:
    Holy Cow! Apple is promoting AudioKit on Twitter:

That’s what you get for giving away a great app!

Congrats!

King

• edited July 2018

@KING777 said:

@analog_matt said:

@KING777 said:
    Yeah, I was very brief, in case you got it straight away.

1, Simple drumloop playing in AUM. (or metronome)
    2, Open Synth One, LINK enabled, play a Arp/Seq. Let’s say all is at 120bpm.
    3, Load another Arp/Seq patch in S1 and the tempo of the patch/S1 changes, but not the tempo of AUM.
    4, Tap the bmp button in S1 and it all sync back up/together again.

Cheers,
    King

Thanks for reporting this. It'll be fixed in the next update! 👍🏼

Your welcome!

It’s all good!

👊🏼👍🏼

King

[Today’s update, 0.8.9]

Ableton LINK is now working as it should, (regarding ^)

Sweet as a nut!

Great work guys! ... and fast!

King

• edited July 2018

This has become my go-to Synth, it sounds so great, but I miss the original icon face. I know I know everybody’s a critic...
    So if it’s open source and has contributions from so many superstars, is it fair to assume when there’s a bug fix, somebody like Wendy Carlos or Vince Clarke are fixing the Code? Mr. Fecher, I am kidding, you are the bomb.

• @analog_matt Man ok man, what did you guys made a very nice sounding synth app! You can make it sound as real analog synths. Think that's a great compliment for all the guys who did collaborate in making this synth possible. Great work!

• edited August 2018

Indeed a great work, just spend the night on it, and I love it.
    @analog_matt
    But I have crash with Links with it, I'm 100% sure of that now, but how can I help now ?
    Can I find some logs somewhere ?

Thanks !

• edited August 2018

hmm...not sure, but I think I need to let him "up" all the time, not sure this parameter is saved at each launch of the synth...
    But I can see that after 1 min of playing an arpegio, the synth is going down for 2 mesures, then comes back...

But also, I think somehow, it saturate the router with Link, because it kills almost instantly all Link related apps, , so I'm going from 21 connected to Link to 4... in a second...
    I restart the router, then, everything is on board again...Until next crash...

Effectrix is also crashing a lot, on his own, that's one of the last Sugar Bytes apps that have not been ported to AUv3...

• Ok, it's not Synth One....Taking him out of the equation, same problem...At some point Link is "crashing".

I also have dead notes stuck with Modstep, so it's a bit different in comparaison with BM3 (which doesn't play sometimes...)

...bored...

• edited September 2018

Check this great little videos out about microtonal things with Synth One...from Marcus Hobbs:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Fp7bryUbWcy65CAaWnqjg

• Just discovered this AMAZING synth. Special thank you to the creators and allowing us to have it for free. Incredible. Needed some help/support in figuring this out. I am using it with a 4th generation iPad. Experiencing some crackles and sound glitches on some of the patches. I maxed out my buffer. Is it just that my iPad is most likely too slow to handle some of the sounds??

• UNIVERSAL.

Thanks so much, AK team!!

• This is huge. Thanks @analog_matt and the team!

• Yeah! Keepers of the promises! Thanks! Great new preset bank from Francis Preve too!!!

• You guys beat me to it!

• Congrats, AK team. Making the UI small (and it works nicely) is really big!

• MAN! this thing is the bomb! i'm really loving the different tuning scales it comes with...

• edited January 2019

@analog_matt

Hello. Just trying AudioKit Synth One - somehow it happened that i haven't had time to do some "init patch - test features" rounds yet, i always checked just (nice) sounding patches - basically waiting for AUv3 version to start use SynthOne in larger scale :)

Now, i decided to try some serious patch design to see what's your beast capable of - but i found, that it looks like FILTER ENV -> CUTOFF modulation is implemented wrong way.

Not sure if i'm just missing something (some settings somewhere) or it is really implemented exactly same way like ENV filter -> CUTOFF modulation in all Caustic synths :( Wondering that nobody noticed it till yet - so i still hope it's just some user error on my side and there is some way how to switch modulation behaviour to right way.

I'll try explain it, here example :

• use init patch
    • set cutoff (lowpass) to max
    • set short decay
    • sustain to zero
    • set MOD AMOUNT to 100%

If ENV > FILTER modulation will be implemented properly, you should now hear fully opened filtrer without any envelope applied.

But this is not the case with the Synth One - you actually hear fully applied envelope, so you hear just short decay and then filter fades to "sustain" phase.

Now - try turn of CUTOFF knob to zero. Now you should hear 100% envelope applied (eg. short attack and then fade to cutoff zero during sustain phase)

But again - not the case with Synth One - you don't hear basically nothing, sound is fully filtered out.

Short story : If ENV > FILTER modulation is applied, FILTER CUTOFF knob works effectively same way, like "MODULATION AMOUNT" works on all other synths when Cutoff knob is turned to zero.

• You are right @dendy, thank you.

That is a known issue. We are looking into a way to make a "compatibility" mode so all the presets work. And, a new mode that works properly

• Ok thanks for info ;)

• @analog_matt said:
    You are right @dendy, thank you.

That is a known issue. We are looking into a way to make a "compatibility" mode so all the presets work. And, a new mode that works properly

That does not sound fun. Like, at all. Good luck to you guys!

• edited February 2019

@analog_matt

hello, there is another thing which puzzles me - searched in app settings but didn't found nothig potentially related ...

With init patch, when i very quickly move cutoff from it maximum value (fully opened, 22khz) to min value (64hz), i hear that filter change is not instant - there is like "tail" probably 0.5sec - 1sec long - it's like there is some "inertia" applied to knob ... this is by design or i'm
    missing something ?

• @analog_matt said:
    Thanks everyone, it's been a lot of sleepless nights adapting it to the iPhone. Hope it sparks joy for some people!

https://audiokitpro.com/synth-one-for-iphone-released/

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2019/01/30/audiokit-synth-one-turns-your-iphone-into-a-powerful-open-source-synthesizer/

This has made my week! 🕺

• edited February 2019

@dendy said:
    @analog_matt

hello, there is another thing which puzzles me - searched in app settings but didn't found nothig potentially related ...

With init patch, when i very quickly move cutoff from it maximum value (fully opened, 22khz) to min value (64hz), i hear that filter change is not instant - there is like "tail" probably 0.5sec - 1sec long - it's like there is some "inertia" applied to knob ... this is by design or i'm
    missing something ?

You can adjust that in the secret (HAQ) panel:
    "DSP Param Halftime" knob

The tradeoff being "zippering" if the time is too small. More info:
    https://audiokitpro.com/hidden-panel-in-audiokit-synth-one/

• :-)) thats pretty cool, thanks