Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioKit - (Synth One) - Synthesizer ... Out Now!!! - (Freeeeeee..) - updated with Link..

Comments

• Congratulations to @analog_matt and all of the other devs--and the preset makers too. The presets are fabulous.

This is one of those "I'm not sure I really believe this is real" moments. Jaw-dropping sounds and jaw-dropping generosity of spirit. Against the backdrop of the ugliness in the current political and social arenas, I'm raising a pint to Matt and the gang for shining a light in the darkening world. Besides buying a t-shirt or a coffee mug, I bet Matt would be glad to know that everyone using the app goes out and does something unexpectedly kind and generous for a complete stranger. I know I will.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Congratulations to @analog_matt and all of the other devs--and the preset makers too. The presets are fabulous.

This is one of those "I'm not sure I really believe this is real" moments. Jaw-dropping sounds and jaw-dropping generosity of spirit. Against the backdrop of the ugliness in the current political and social arenas, I'm raising a pint to Matt and the gang for shining a light in the darkening world. Besides buying a t-shirt or a coffee mug, I bet Matt would be glad to know that everyone using the app goes out and does something unexpectedly kind and generous for a complete stranger. I know I will.

Exactamundo Doctor.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Congratulations to @analog_matt and all of the other devs--and the preset makers too. The presets are fabulous.

Couldn’t have said it better!! Well done!

• edited June 2018

Wow!
    Congrats to @analog_matt and the whole devteam and sounddesigners!

This synth sound and looks incredible wonderful!
    So far I just stepped through around 30 Sounds because I’m on work right now, and they are sounding absolutely great!

Sure I will give 5 stars and a nice written comment also to the German AppStore .

Thanks a lot for this great software! 👍🎶🎶🎶🎶

P.S
    I have voted for Synth One for the next sound fest July!

• Well done to everyone involved in making this, congrats on it's release, and thank you for making it free (again !, Fm Player)

@analog_matt You are either an evil genius plotting to take over the world's iPads using code hidden inside Audiokit to make them come together and become one huge iPad called iDestructoid that will stun life-forms using blasts of high frequency audio and then wipe them out by firing lasers from the camera lens', or perhaps you are just a thoroughly decent chap ;)

Anyone think I may have had too much caffeine today ? :D

• @cuscolima said:
    Great job, thanks for the hard work. Can you let us know a bit more about your business model? It is just too nice to be...just free (no manichaeism here, just curiosity)

Thanks for asking. This was done without a business. It's a free & open-source project. There is not even a bank account! Here is more about it:

• @cem_olcay said:
    I'm really looking forward to contributing code when I get a little window of time

This is great news for everyone!

• The aesthetics of this beautiful app reflect the peace loving and generous spirits behind it IMO. It has a soft silky look that makes you want to touch it. And the controls are wonderfully responsive. Others have spoken about the sounds I can only agree. But the look is familiar yet unique. How did you all do that?

@analog_matt I know your team mission is to have this available to all, but may I make a suggestion...
    Some in app purchases, whether merchandise or just a contribution to help disseminate the synth. Maybe Apple would even forego its 30% (hmmm, well, mm). It would be so much easier for recipients who would be willing and able to spend $5 or $10 or more
    to support this altruistic endeavor. I know I would if you made it easy for me to do so.

Also, I remember there was a man whose mission it was to get inexpensive computers to kids around the world. Maybe someone on this forum knows his name. But somehow, I think the minds that created SynthOne are equally capable of disseminating it around the world.

Congratulations on a work of true artistry in every respect!

• @Samu said:
    @analog_matt I'm almost as avid supporter of PWM as a certain person from Sonic State.

Yeah, I like PWM, too. I don't think it will be that hard to add in the future.

And, speaking of Sonic State, Gaz Williams tweeted about the synth!

• edited June 2018

Is this related to the free synth1 vst at all?

• @analog_matt said:

@DCJ said:
    This is easily the most amazing free synth ever released. It also competes with a ton of synths you’d have to pay for. We are extremely lucky to have Audiokit and (edit) @analog_matt .

That's a different Matt, but, I'm sure he's a swell guy with a name like that! 👍🏼
    (My name is Fecher. Hardly anyone spells it right).

aye yi yi :D :D :D
    Sorry Matt! You know my situation, my brain resources are elsewhere haha.

I fixed it. :# :# :#

• The preset management in this synth is just perfect. :)

• @Samu said:
    @analog_matt I'm almost as avid supporter of PWM as a certain person from Sonic State.

One way 'fix' this in Synth One would be to be able to phase-invert to one of the oscillators and also control each waves start-phase.

I do feel that the few additions would not eat that much more CPU and would also add to the sonic palette Synth One is already capable of.

Too bad I suck at coding and my eyes are not getting any better from starring at the screens...

• Oh my,... I just discovered the little face in the icon. Haha, I love that....

• edited June 2018

I’m enjoying this VERY much this morning! Fabulous job and great sounds. Can’t wait to tweak around. Thanks so much to the whole team.

I’m occasionally seeing some high DSP numbers in AUM, though. Anybody else?

• @analog_matt said:

@Samu said:

GAZ...THE MAN ....THE MYTH. That’s way cool!

• @david_2017 said:

Oh my,... I just discovered the little face in the icon. Haha, I love that....

@brice actually made a better face recently

Maybe we can convince him to re-work it to be the new app icon... 😀

• @analog_matt
    Hats off to you and everyone invlolved. So brilliant and such a gift to the world, really!

• Has there ever been a FREE (including no adds or IAPs) app of the day not by Apple?

• No self oscillating of the filters? Not a critic....just a question.
    After i played with it i really must say it´s a very inspirational synth.
    The sound quality is there for sure (but DSP wise not on par with Zeeon, DRC and Model D f.e. for analog tones).
    I really like that you can bring movement into FX because that is missing in so many iOS synths.
    My favorite feature so far is the microtuning.
    It would be awesome if we could make a list of tunings and then use it as performance to switch between them or even modulate trough different tunings etc.
    Some good distortion/saturation would be great as well on top.
    I mean it´s an awesome free app and these are just suggestions for what could be there in the future.
    I hope this synth has a bright future. It looks like a great start.

• @analog_matt said:

@cuscolima said:
    Great job, thanks for the hard work. Can you let us know a bit more about your business model? It is just too nice to be...just free (no manichaeism here, just curiosity)

Thanks for asking. This was done without a business. It's a free & open-source project. There is not even a bank account! Here is more about it:

Thanks for your generosity (and to all volunteers)

• @analog_matt said:

@david_2017 said:

Oh my,... I just discovered the little face in the icon. Haha, I love that....

@brice actually made a better face recently

Maybe we can convince him to re-work it to be the new app icon... 😀

:D :D Any LEGO pros around? I feel like that would be an honorable endeavor, creating that hefty smiling head. Also could make for a pretty impressive bobble head. We should introduce these S1 bots to BeBot maybe.

• @analog_matt - I hope you enjoy all the fame and glory, and sorry you won’t get rich off of it...hehehe, ugh! But really, congrats and thanks so much for giving away one of the best sounding synths on iOS.

Congrats to the whole team and all of the preset makers for such a beautiful launch.

• Thank you for this!

• @analog_matt I'm kinda surprised if no one mentioned 'edge protection' during the beta?
    With it turned off the on-screen keyboard is very unresponsive(1-2s delay) in the lower part of the screen :(

All I can find using Google is this that appears the be the 'fix'.

Add Code below to your UIViewController

-(UIRectEdge)preferredScreenEdgesDeferringSystemGestures
    {
    return UIRectEdgeAll;
    }

This 'iOS Feature' has plagued (and still does) many apps under iOS11 that have an on-screen keyboard.
    Prior to iOS11 this was not an issues but with the arrival of the 'dock' it became a 'problem'.

Cheers!

• @Samu said:
    @analog_matt I'm kinda surprised if no one mentioned 'edge protection' during the beta?
    With it turned off the on-screen keyboard is very unresponsive(1-2s delay) in the lower part of the screen :(

All I can find using Google is this that appears the be the 'fix'.

Add Code below to your UIViewController

-(UIRectEdge)preferredScreenEdgesDeferringSystemGestures
    {
    return UIRectEdgeAll;
    }

This 'iOS Feature' has plagued (and still does) many apps under iOS11 that have an on-screen keyboard.
    Prior to iOS11 this was not an issues but with the arrival of the 'dock' it became a 'problem'.

Cheers!

That´s true. I just have that if i don´t expand the keyboard.

• edited June 2018

Fucking AMAZING!!! Believe the hype!

I’ve only spent 15 minutes with it and I’m already blown away!

Forget what I was going to work on, I’m stopped dead in my tracks playing with this thing for the rest of my Thursday!

Big thanks to @analog_matt et al!

• @analog_matt said:

@Samu said:

Well if Gaz likes it..... it’s confirmed... it’s awesome!!!

• @Cib said:

That´s true. I just have that if i don´t expand the keyboard.

The edges react slowly regardless of the size of the keyboard used :(

@analog_matt

Also bumped into a bug with the sequencer...

• Enable the sequencer
    • Set sequence length to 2
    • Set steps 1-2 to 0 (ie. no transpose).

In 'normal' mode only step 1 is triggered, in 'mono' mode both steps are trigger...
    The second step is triggered in 'normal' mode if it's something else than what is present on the previous step.

Being able to use the sequencer to properly trigger notes in poly-mode is very handy for re-triggering chords etc.

And I'm truly sorry I didn't have time to apply for beta on this :(

Cheers!
    /Samuel

• This synth is incredible. I can’t believe it’s free. Can’t wait for the AUV3 update.