Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioKit - (Synth One) - Synthesizer ... Out Now!!! - (Freeeeeee..) - updated with Link..

Comments

• Thanks for all the kind words and bug reports.

YOU ARE ALL AMAZING! 🙌

• @analog_matt I love this synth!

One small issue. I can hear a click at the very end of the note release. It's easiest to hear with the sub oscillator. Turn the sub all the way up and turn up the reverb, and the click when the note turns off is very easy to hear.

• What the hell? Just when I thought I had found the one to rule them all synth app in Synthmaster One now this ONE drops and it just blows my mind. The sounds, the controls, the depth.... majestic. Now I have two ONEs. Oh my....

Would love to have the option though of changing skins like GR-16 but hey... it is top notch quality for free.

Thank you Audiokit.

• @Samu said:
    @analog_matt I'm kinda surprised if no one mentioned 'edge protection' during the beta?
    With it turned off the on-screen keyboard is very unresponsive(1-2s delay) in the lower part of the screen :(

@Samu, Thank you so much for posting this. I've been having this issue with several apps. It's especially problematic with tiny iPhone on-screen keyboards. I had no idea if it was an issue with the app or with a setting on my phone.

• @Sonicflux said:

@Samu said:
    @analog_matt I'm kinda surprised if no one mentioned 'edge protection' during the beta?
    With it turned off the on-screen keyboard is very unresponsive(1-2s delay) in the lower part of the screen :(

@Samu, Thank you so much for posting this. I've been having this issue with several apps. It's especially problematic with tiny iPhone on-screen keyboards. I had no idea if it was an issue with the app or with a setting on my phone.

You're welcome, thankfully most of the major apps have the fix already in place.

I bumped into the issue with BM3 early on before it was even released and AUM also had this 'bug' but it was fixed some time ago. There are still some apps out there that are affected by this 'bug/iOS feature' but I've done my best report it directly to the developers with variable success rate...

The easiest way to spot if an app has the fix in place or not is to swipe up from the bottom...
    ...if the 'dock' pops up the fix is not in place, if an 'up arrow' pops up the app is 'fixed'.

AUM only applies the fix while the onscreen keyboard is active so it can be selectively applied by the developer.
    (If I recall correctly there's a thread here at the AB forum where Jonathan supplied to 'conditional' approach to fixing this).

Even Gadget got a silent fix for his 'problem' in the latest update so it is indeed something that affects the usability of apps.

• Synth is absolutely wonderful.

Is there ableton link integration that I can’t find?

• @Breezee said:
    Synth is absolutely wonderful.

Is there ableton link integration that I can’t find?

It's on the road map. I believe @cem_olcay was working on it. Then he got distracted with his wonderful own app, ArpBud...

• @DMfan said:
    What the hell? Just when I thought I had found the one to rule them all synth app in Synthmaster One now this ONE drops and it just blows my mind. The sounds, the controls, the depth.... majestic. Now I have two ONEs. Oh my....

• Synth One is the most expensive free app ever. It is so good I felt obliged to get a t-shirt for myself and my 9-year-old son who spent a good chunk of the morning exploring the presets.

• @brice said:

@analog_matt said:

@david_2017 said:

Oh my,... I just discovered the little face in the icon. Haha, I love that....

@brice actually made a better face recently

Maybe we can convince him to re-work it to be the new app icon... 😀

:D :D Any LEGO pros around? I feel like that would be an honorable endeavor, creating that hefty smiling head. Also could make for a pretty impressive bobble head. We should introduce these S1 bots to BeBot maybe.

It looks more like Minecraft than legos.
    Remember, toys r us is closed.

• @Samu said:

@Sonicflux said:

@Samu said:

You're welcome, thankfully most of the major apps have the fix already in place.

I bumped into the issue with BM3 early on before it was even released and AUM also had this 'bug' but it was fixed some time ago. There are still some apps out there that are affected by this 'bug/iOS feature' but I've done my best report it directly to the developers with variable success rate...

The easiest way to spot if an app has the fix in place or not is to swipe up from the bottom...
    ...if the 'dock' pops up the fix is not in place, if an 'up arrow' pops up the app is 'fixed'.

AUM only applies the fix while the onscreen keyboard is active so it can be selectively applied by the developer.
    (If I recall correctly there's a thread here at the AB forum where Jonathan supplied to 'conditional' approach to fixing this).

Even Gadget got a silent fix for his 'problem' in the latest update so it is indeed something that affects the usability of apps.

@kv331audio_bulent
    SM1 has this issue apparently

• @MobileMusic said:

@Samu said:

@Sonicflux said:

@Samu said:

@kv331audio_bulent
    SM1 has this issue apparently

I've mostly been using it as AUv3 but yepp it seems to need the 'fix' to...

Here's the 'fix' thread explaining a bit more about it.
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46988469/how-to-enable-edge-protect-in-iphone-x

It affects iPad's as well running iOS11+ so it's not just the iPhone X.

• @MobileMusic said:

@brice said:

@analog_matt said:

@david_2017 said:

Oh my,... I just discovered the little face in the icon. Haha, I love that....

@brice actually made a better face recently

Maybe we can convince him to re-work it to be the new app icon... 😀

:D :D Any LEGO pros around? I feel like that would be an honorable endeavor, creating that hefty smiling head. Also could make for a pretty impressive bobble head. We should introduce these S1 bots to BeBot maybe.

It looks more like Minecraft than legos.
    Remember, toys r us is closed.

Whichever, I’ve got no preference! Just as long as it looks like something sitting on my desk.

• Nice looking, wonderful sounding synth at an amazing price! Like most everyone else I an blown away by the sheer quality of this. Also like many others, I look forward to AU but I think a new iPad will also be in order to get multiple instances with some of these luscious patches as my iPad Air 2 struggles a bit, with some patches when I have Synth One on a couple of tracks in Cubasis via Audiobus.

Great job @analog_matt :smiley:

• @Samu said:
    @analog_matt I'm almost as avid supporter of PWM as a certain person from Sonic State.

• edited June 2018

@Samu said:
    There are still some apps out there that are affected by this 'bug/iOS feature' but I've done my best report it directly to the developers with variable success rate...

Yeah, the Ravenscroft piano suffers from this issue, but I imagine most people are using an external controller for that one so it might not be high priority for UVI.

• @brice said:

@fprintf said:
    Absolutely awesome, nicely done. One suggestion - user preset INIT usually resolves to everything off or turned down to a simple saw wave. At the current time INIT has Reverb on, not sure if that is intentional or what everyone wants, but I just thought I'd point it out. I can, of course, create my own or save over the existing preset.

Check out the “Starter Bank” at the bottom of the banks list. It’s a virtual buffet of INIT patches; including the one you described. It’s #3 in the presets list.

Oh this is perfect, thank you!!!! (I also wish to return to the thumbs up part of the forum, but this'll have to do to express my appreciation!)

• Laying in bed headphones on - need to turn this off gotta get up real early. Ah who needs sleep. Sounds fabulous big thanks to all involved!

• Downloads, holds breath, checks for master tune. Ahhhhh, sigh of relief

• Late to the party here but thanks for this stellar synth @analog_matt.
    A couple of my hardware heavy friends are even eyeballing this one.

• Found a bug: set octave range to 4 and hit the last couple keys (A8 and up), app crashes.

• ALBALB
    edited June 2018

@analog_matt
    I’m really impressed with this. I’m getting some great sounds making my own presets - haven’t even looked at those that came with it. It’s not thin or chintzy sounding at all - pretty easy to dial in some heft. A big sweet spot for me.

• @analog_matt said:
    If anyone appreciates all the volunteers' hard work, and want to encourage everyone to keep improving the app, please leave a positive written review on the app store!

Plus, it will help spread the word to other musicians.

🙏

Review left, if I could give it over 5 stars I would! If people want to donate money for the time and awesome work put into AudioKit is there a way to do that? I know the whole premise is open source and free but I feel like I need to kick some $$ your guys way for all the hard work.

• edited June 2018

Finally got some time tonight to download and play .... first note of first preset sat me back a bit. This is gonna be something special! Smile on my face lost in the sounds and interface.

A great meld of simplicity (and logic) in workflow and richness in sound. This synth is gonna be hours of fun. Thank you AudioKit Team!!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@TheVimFuego said:
    Gonna need another t-shirt.

Excellent stuff all.

Linkee?

Serpently:
    https://teespring.com/stores/audiokit

Get yer merch people and show some love.

• @TheVimFuego said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@TheVimFuego said:
    Gonna need another t-shirt.

Excellent stuff all.

Linkee?

Serpently:
    https://teespring.com/stores/audiokit

Get yer merch people and show some love.

Grazie. Love deserved etc.

• Holy balls this synth sounds gooooood! Finally got a chance to play with it a lil longer , blissing out with a seq running and tweaking LFOs and filter cutoff. Sounds just as good as the myriad of paid for synths I use all the time!

• This is amazing. Would be nice to be able to redefine what the XY pads are controlling (if these are already reconfigurable, I couldn’t find the option).

• Awesome!

Does anyone know if it can sync to host midi clock?

• edited June 2018

Getting lost in @brice Beasley's phenomenal patches. They're so good that I'll happily let him use my initials for his presets :D

Seriously though. Just lost half an hour playing with the "Dream With Me" and "Aquatica" alone :o